• 6032013F.jpg
    6032013F.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 14
CONTAINER GARDEN: Peanuts

Attachments

• 6032013D.jpg
    6032013D.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 16
James your vegetable growing prowess makes me jealous.

It looks like all the advice from everybody is working out. These are tigerella tomatoes. They are going to stay green and have darker green stripes.

And they aren't growing sideways, my ipad and I don't always see eye to eye.

James your vegetable growing prowess makes me jealous.

It looks like all the advice from everybody is working out. These are tigerella tomatoes. They are going to stay green and have darker green stripes.

And they aren't growing sideways, my ipad and I don't always see eye to eye.

They look good!

Don't be jealous! Success is a tortured path littered with failures. I learn something from every garden, and make a little progress.

Tomato Tutorial.

I collect seeds from my best tomatoes and plant them in trays. By selecting seeds from the right tomatoes you can make the next generation larger or smaller. A while back I changed cherry tomatoes to something about the size of a golf ball.

Attachments

• HPIM2895.jpg
    HPIM2895.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 15
  • HPIM2894.jpg
    HPIM2894.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 14
  • HPIM2896.jpg
    HPIM2896.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 14
  • HPIM2897.jpg
    HPIM2897.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 13
Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet Potatoes Are Blooming = Theyre Making Sweet Potatoes.

Sweet potatoes are Morning Glory vines.

Attachments

• HPIM2911.jpg
    HPIM2911.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 10
OKRA

Okra are Hibiscus flowers.

Attachments

• HPIM2913.jpg
    HPIM2913.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 14
Florida King Peach.

Attachments

• HPIM2912.jpg
    HPIM2912.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 14
Bell Peppers

Attachments

• HPIM2917.jpg
    HPIM2917.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 11
Part of the Cucumber harvest.

Attachments

• HPIM2918.jpg
    HPIM2918.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 16
One of my helpers. I strive to provide sanctuary for helpful critters such as this Lady Bug plus lizards and wasps and butterflies and worms and toads and a black snake.

Attachments

• HPIM2916.jpg
    HPIM2916.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 14
Before And After: Someone Threw Away A Pot Of Boston Ferns. I Brought Them Home And Used Them Around My Mailbox. The silver plants are called Dusty Miller. Theres a geranium or two hid in the ferns. But it started as 4 handfuls of ferns from a small pot.

Attachments

• 3102012bz.jpg
    3102012bz.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 18
  • HPIM2919.jpg
    HPIM2919.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 17
I don't know why but its women who give me constant static about my flowers and garden. Always women. They hate it all and complain to the county constantly, like I was growing pot or ragweed. The women who get seriously hostile lard their yards with concrete lions and concrete birdbaths, and they paint their driveways and plant all the standard commercial shrubs you see EVERYWHERE!

Before And After: Someone Threw Away A Pot Of Boston Ferns. I Brought Them Home And Used Them Around My Mailbox. The silver plants are called Dusty Miller. Theres a geranium or two hid in the ferns. But it started as 4 handfuls of ferns from a small pot.

I love dusty miller. I planted a night blooming garden a few years back at our other house with moon flowers and lambs ear, all stuff that would show up at night. It was pretty.

My complainer at my old house was one of the guys next door. When I moved, his friend moved in and ripped out my climbing rose, all my grape vines, and my wysteria, and whacked the hell out of the lilacs and the flowering cherry. I give him the evil eye every time I drive past.

I love dusty miller. I planted a night blooming garden a few years back at our other house with moon flowers and lambs ear, all stuff that would show up at night. It was pretty.

My complainer at my old house was one of the guys next door. When I moved, his friend moved in and ripped out my climbing rose, all my grape vines, and my wysteria, and whacked the hell out of the lilacs and the flowering cherry. I give him the evil eye every time I drive past.

Sounds delightful!

Around here the guys blame me for all the mosquito problems tho we have no mosquito problem, its the birdbaths and water collectors their wives drag home. ITS THAT GODDAMNED JIM JOHNSON DOING IT! I was raised in Florida and know better than to invite mosquitos but the county comes by anyway and we play FIND WALDO till they find Waldo at the complainers house.

SURINAM CHERRY. They look like dwarf pumpkins and taste sweet/sour like Kool Aid eaten dry. They were common when I was a child but rare now. I got seeds from a hedge over in Tampa, and grew some. The cherries are about worthless but are a swell kid snack we enjoyed picking off the shrubs.

Attachments

• HPIM2920.jpg
    HPIM2920.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 19
You actually open those photos? Seriously? Well if them there damn tomatoes are as truly fantabulous (great word) as claimed, then it must be due to the intense bullshit fed to them.

I can't get over the placement of your letterboxes. Right their in the nature strip, almost smack bang on the kerb.

Its where the government says they go. Some letter carriers refuse to leave mail if the placement isn't perfect.

PULLED UP THE CUCUMBER VINES THIS MORNING. I MADE ALL THE PICKLES I CAN USE OR GIVE AWAY, AND HAVE A FRIDGE FULL OF CUKES FOR SALADS. Sweet potato vines are growing beneath the cuke vines, and now its time to let them mature.

Attachments

• HPIM2921.jpg
    HPIM2921.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 13
  • HPIM2922.jpg
    HPIM2922.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 10
  • HPIM2923.jpg
    HPIM2923.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 12
I always wrap the main stalk with aluiminum foil to prevent cut worms. James has it right. Most people won't snip suckers which diverts nutrients away from tomatoes. Plant love hot days and cool nights. In the south plants don't last as long due to hot nights as well. My plants are over 6 feet and loaded!!!

I always wrap the main stalk with aluiminum foil to prevent cut worms. James has it right. Most people won't snip suckers which diverts nutrients away from tomatoes. Plant love hot days and cool nights. In the south plants don't last as long due to hot nights as well. My plants are over 6 feet and loaded!!!

Good tip! I'll try the foil thang.

GUAVAS! Indian Red Variety.

Attachments

• HPIM2927.jpg
    HPIM2927.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 26
Back