Heartless - closed for Ravenloft and Eklectikchik

Treyis lowered his eyes at her mention of them, as if he wanted to hide them from her. "Your wounds need cleaning." Treyis stated. "And they may scar, but you will be fine... Here, take this." He offered her the Kobold's blade. "If you can handle a branch like you did, than perhaps with this you will be taken more seriously by the next beastie to think you'd make a good meal." "Can you sit? I will clean your wounds..." He offered, obviously trying to keep the focus on her and off of the subject of his eyes.
 
Tamara wanted to cup his face and force him to look at her, but she was afraid to anger him. So she said nothing but a soft yes. “It's alright. I can...” She paused a little. “Heal.”

He afforded her a brief glance at her statement, but she still slowly sank down and sat with a soft groan. Self consciously, she tucked the long shirt between her legs to cover herself and raised the rest up to show him the bite. She wasn't entirely sure how he'd do her back, but they would handle that when he got there. Later when they were safe and away from this place, she would make a poultice and draw up the energy from the earth and heal herself properly. Though it wasn't immediate, there would be no scars and no pain.

“What...were those things?” She asked.
 
"You really shouldn't take to me so, Tamara..." Treyis said calmly, having noticed her look of concern and fear, giving her a brief glance. "I'm a bloody bastard and a murderer. I kill... For a living." He said as a matter of fact, but the way he carefully tended to her bite wound painted a completely different picture.

"Those... Were Kobolds, draconic by blood, cowardly savage by nature. Not much of a threat alone, but as you found out yourself, more than one can be quite dangerous. This was a very small band of them, thankfully. Things would not have gone so well if there'd have been ten, or more. We should pack up and move, there may well be more of them... Turn round and lift your shirt, you've got claw wounds that will get infected."
 
She tried to stop herself from flinching as he was being as gentle as any person could ask for, but it did sting something fierce as he cleaned the wound on her thigh. "Sometimes...we do what we must...in order to survive." She said softly and left it at that.

When he sat back and asked her to turn, she flushed a little. "I...I have nothing under this shirt." She told him, Her pretty opal eyes outlined by the longest and thickest lashes he'd ever seen as dark as her hair looked incredibly innocent as she blinked slowly.

Both fell silent, lost in different thoughts when she finally stood. "I'll just pull it downwards." She said and turned slowly until her back was to him. Unbuttoning the now tattered shirt, she shrugged it off her shoulders, cupping her modest sized breasts to shield herself and let the material fall to her hips, still covering her bottom. Tilting her head slightly, she brought her wealth of silky hair away from the wounds and around her shoulders, offering her more covering and baring her milky white skin and slender elegant back marred by bloody scratches.
 
"Yes, even if survival means the loss of your own heart..." Treyis whispered as he finally looked up into Tamara's eyes. His own had returned to their propper, cobalt blue. Treyis felt his body respond to Tamara's shyly sweet admition that she would be naked if not for his shirt. He felt a furious carnal ache for her that only grew when she showed him her pretty opal eyes.

He wanted her, needed her, but the carnal desire went unspoken, he simply had no way to put them into words. "O-okay..." He said, bare above a whisper. He watched her move so slowly, so perfectly, unbuttoning his shirt, shrug it off in the most innocent way. Even the way she hid her breasts. He was holding his breath, for fear of making a sound that would alert her to the raging fire of lust that burned all through him.

If she could see it, he had no doubt it would frighten her, make her flee. He was frozen in place, between instinct and intellect, no emotion to bridge the two, to help guide his actions.

Hexen snuffled in exasperation, sending. "Touch her already, damn fool." Treyis was trembling as he reached out to do so, trusting in Hexen, though he could not trust in himself. The next moment hung in the balance, how would Tamara take the sexually charged touch who's intention was to heal?
 
It seemed like a life time before Treyis touched her. She was just about to turn her head and ask if all was okay when she felt him press his fingers to her flesh and hissed as pain burned through her. From behind her she heard Hexen let out a snort of disapproval and felt Treyis's touch lighten.

She forced herself to relax a little, biting her tongue as he gently swiped away the blood and blotted at her wounds until they were cleaned. When he was done, she heard him move and tugged up the shirt, covering herself and wrapping her arms around herself.

“Thank you.” She murmured, still pale and feeling a little lightheaded now. From his sack she watched him remove another shirt and a pair of pants and almost stumbled as he shoved them into against her body and turned away, telling her to change. Hexen shook his head and she could have sworn the beast rolled his eyes as she carefully balanced and slipped on the pants that were huge on her. Clutching at them, she slipped on the shirt and dropped the tattered one and stood there drowning in his clothing.

“I'm not sure these will stay on me...”
 
"There is a cloth sash you can use to keep them up. Its that, or you can go naked." Treyis said, trying to make light of the situation, but his words were cold. Hexen made a sound that seemed eerily like a disapointed scoff. "I've got work to do..." Treyis said, grabbing one of the kobold corpses by the ankle and dragging it out of camp, to do gods know what to.

Hexen came up and lowered his head, giving Tamara something to lean against, if she needed it. His right eye shown with soulfulness, watching her closely.
 
Tamara watched him leave, a little puzzled and wondering if she'd offended him in some way, but took the sash and wrapped it around her waste, tightening it as best she could before sagging against Hexen with a trembling breath.

He turned his great head and gazed at her with such soulful eyes. She gave him a soft smile and sighed, feeling exhausted. She wanted to sink back to the ground and dig her fingers into some rich soil, but staying here didn't bode well with her.

She wondered what Treyis was doing, but didn't want to get in his way and anger him, so she remained close to Hexen, trying to keep herself from sagging to the floor.
 
The sash was midnight blue and seemed to shimmer like the stars in the night sky. Hexen bobbed his head and snuffled stepping forward, carefully, bumping into Tamara gently, as if seeking her attention.

He bumped her again, seeming to guide her back to where her blanket's lay.

Elswhere, Treyis was stringing the kobolds up from tree branches, preparing to drain them of their blood. It wasn't rare, or anywhere near as powerful as true dragon's blood, but theirs would work in any magics that required such. So, it was his job to collect it for his Mistress. It was a grizzly process, letting the blood pool to one end then slashing the heads clear to let it flow into appropriate vessels.

A ghostly image of the Mistress formed in his presence as he worked. He ignored it until the Mistress spoke through it. "Wretched Man, you shall NOT ignore me." She growled, lifting her hand to reveal claw like finger nails. She made a simple jesture as though she were squeezing a tender fruit and Treyis grasped his chest, fighting a groan of pain.

The warning was enough, he turned, his eyes burning and watering, his head lowered, his lip twitching. The Mistress laughed airilly, lifting her face to the sky, taking pleasure in his pain. Just as quickly as she'd begun, she ceased laughing and leveled coldly beautiful eyes on him. Her hair was like spun gold, and her skin was like marble. She wore a wicked crown of spire like horn, unicorn of course, he'd collected them himself. "Kneel." She commanded in a voice like raging water.

He had no choice, her power over him was undenighable. He sunk to his knees, grinding his teeth, lowering his eyes from her. She came to him and passed her insubstantial hands over his head. "Good boy..." She breathed, mockingly. "Tell me what you know of the girl." She ordered. "Her name is Tamara, she was to be an ogres whore for having saved the life of a young boy, taken in his place. I promised to see her safely to a village, and be done with her..."

"I see, is that... All you know?" She circled him and knelt in front of him, lifting her hand casually, ready to squeeze and cause him more pain. Treyis turned his face away, his jaw tight, drawing in a slow breath, his nostrals flaring as he puffed it back out. "She... Claim's to have the gift of healing. That is all I know."

"There now, was that so hard, pet? You've done well, continue as you will, watch her, if you can confirm her gift, well then, perhaps you should... Reveal to her that you are the lord of a castle, invite her to run away with you and live the life of a princess." The Mistress suggested, rising to her feet.

Treyis lifted his head and stared coldly up at her. "Yes, my Mistress." He said without emotion. Her image dissipated, having given him his command and he rose, returning to work. Decapitating the filthy kobold corpses helped calm his fury, but only a little.
 
Too tired to protest, Tamara stumbled to the blankets and dropped down to her bottom with a wince and a grown. Hexen remained watchful over her, blocking her view from anything that may upset her as she rested.

She wondered what Treyis was up to and why he didn't seem in a hurry to leave this place. She wanted to run and get as far away from it as possible. Then again, she wondered also what other oddities and dangers lay ahead of them. With a tired sigh, she dug her bare toes into the soil at the blankets edge and reached beside her, brushing away leaves and sinking her fingers into that as well.

Closing her eyes, Tamara inhaled deeply and closed her eyes, dropping her head back as a small soft smile formed on her lips. She felt the energy and life slowly fill her body, making her skin tingle as it crept in slowly, this soil not as nourished as it should be, but it helped restore some energy in her. The burn in her wounds eased a fraction and she felt a certain sort of peace that relaxed her tired and worried mind.

From around her fingers and toes, new life sprung, green and beautiful, a wild flower near her hand blooming sweetly. Hexen snorted beside and moved, breaking her concentration and she ceased, removing her hands and feet, dusting them off and leaning her head against her raised knees.
 
The rich grass and wild flower that sprung up around Tamara's fingers and toes made Hexen hungry, he bowed his head and nibbled at the nearest patch of grass, swishing his tail casually, flicking an ear as he chewed.

By the time Treyis returned, carrying a sack full of glass vials that tinked against each other with each step, the grass and flower had been mowed down to barely visible nubs and Hexen stood by Tamara's side, satisfied.

Treyis eyed the two of them for a long moment then shook his head and sighed. "Feeling better, miss?" He asked Tamara while he stored the sack in the half empty satchel with what remained of the ogre's components. "The sash looks as though it will work." He pointed out, looking pointedly at her waist.
 
Tamara nodded slightly. “It's fine, thank you and yes...I feel a little better. Though I took a bath only to get dirty again.” She said lightly and laughed a little. The first happy sound she'd made since her kidnapping.

She was curious as to what was in the bag he carried. Wanted badly to know what he was up to. She'd always been a curious one, but felt as though she was intruding on life and world right now. So she had no right to be asking questions. And he'd saved her life...twice.

“Will we be leaving soon?” She asked him, rubbing her arms as if chilled. “I can't help but feel like this place is no longer safe.”
 
"We leave soon as I've packed my goods up and strapped them to Hexen." Treyis said, lifting and slinging the large satchel over his shoulder with a grunt.

He strode over to his horse and went to work, strapping the satchel across his flanks. He paused, looking into Hexen's near eye, cracking a smile. "He likes you." Treyis said patting the noble beast. Treyis turned his eye toward Tamara and noticed how she rubbed her arms. "Are you cold?" He asked, reaching down to offer her the blanket she'd used last night.
 
(Thought it was your turn, sorry. LOL!!)

Tamara shook her head, "No...I'm alright, thank you."

Instead of the blanket, she grasped his hand automatically and watched him gaze at her in slight surprise. "I could use some help up." Her hand was so slight and delicate in his larger one, her skin cool and oh so soft. For a moment they stared at one another until Tamara flushed a little and cleared her throat.

With a deft quick motion, he suddenly pulled her to her feet. So quickly she staggered a little and grasped Hexen's mane for support. The big beast made a sound that was a mix of exasperation and amusement.

She smiled and giggled softly. "Well, thank you..."
 
When she took his hand he felt a flood... Of emotion? A sudden pang, a lump in his throat, he was stunned to silence, but his lips parted. He had the urge to bring that dainty soft hand in his to his rough cheek, but she flushed and made to clear her throat.

The flush in her cheeks and the throaty sound she made sparked a desire to pull her to him and passionately claim her neck with his mouth, not at all a good idea.

After helping her to her feet so abruptly he said "Thank me by helping." Hiding his eyes by lowering his head. "And we can leave this cursed place that much faster. It is no place for one such as you."

He turned and began working on strapping the extra packs to Hexan's flanks, motioning for her to collect the blankets and other few stray items he'd left about camp, save for the mysterious satchels, those he would handle himself.
 
Tamara nodded slightly, wishing he'd look at her long enough that she could read him fully, but his eyes never remained on hers too long. Still, she'd felt something just moments ago and felt it too...but wasn't quite sure what it was.

Turning to fetch the blankets and other things, Tamara worked to help, happy to get out of that place and in a hurry. She shook out the blankets and folded them neatly, then handed them over to Treyis. The rest of his things were also quickly put away.

Hexen blew a breath as if a little impatient and she felt the same, still, inside she was anxious for a different reason. She knew he planned on leaving her. Not there, but at the nearest village. Only Tamara knew no one and to be left there alone, was making her nervous. What would she do? How would she never find her way back home?

Trying to push away those thoughts, she waited until he secured all his things, caressing Hexen's neck absently.
 
Treyis found that the way Tamara folded his blankets left his pack neatly filled. He usually had to fight with it to get it closed. He looked at her appreciatively for a moment while her back was turned, grinning.

He puffed out a breath and finished packing then, losing himself in the simple work until it was done. Then he looked up to find Tamara bonding with Hexen. A twinge of warmth spread through his chest and he absent mindedly scrached at the spot as he came over to her and offered her a leg up onto Hexen.

"The nearest village is a good seven hours travel, maybe eight. But it will be safe along the road ways. Even boring. I am not much of a conversationalist." Treyis admitted honestly.
 
Tamara smiled and approached him slowly, almost shyly. Slipping her bare foot against his hand, she let him hoist her up and winced slightly as she swung her leg over and situated herself.

Once balanced, she was fine and waited for him to join her. "It's alright. I'm sure you're fine and well...sometimes silence can be nice as well." She told him softly, patting Hexen again gently.

Looking down at him, she felt herself drawn to his eyes again and her soft smile was shy. "I have nowhere to be..." She told him, the smile quickly fading. "I don't know how to get home and I'm all alone..."
 
Treyis looked up at her, mounted in the saddle. She really was a slight little thing, but she looked natural up there, like a queen. Seeing her like that just made him feel like a monster. He didn't feel worthy of joining her in the saddle. Hexen turned an expectant eye on him.

"You're being invited in, don't be a fool, you'll regret it if you spurn her." Hexen warned.

Treyis sighed and reached up to hoist himself into the saddle, in front of her. "You're not alone..." He replied, adjusting so that they could both be comfortable in the saddle.
 
She took a little comfort in his words, surprised that he'd uttered them at all. He seemed so much larger, broader, and so much stronger than her. With him in front of her, she had little choice by to grasp the sides of his body shyly.

Hexen began moving and together they rode for a while in silence for the most part. She was a little worried to ask too many questions, worried that he would decide to abandon her someplace after all if she was a nuisance, so she kept her mouth shut and enjoyed the beauty of the forest as they traveled.

Hexen was easy, mindful not to jostle either of them and soon she let his rhythm soothe her tired body. Without realizing it, Tamara found herself pressed up against Treyis's back, giving in to exhaustion. Sleep made her eye lids drift close as she absorbed the warmth of his body against her front and drifted off.
 
Treyis was content with the silence, the grasp of her dainty hands on his sides oddly comforting. He eventually even felt like humming, but he felt the warm weight of Tamara's slender body settle against his back as she drifted off. "Hmm, she fell asleep." He observed aloud, impassively, a subtle smirk crossing his lips.

*****

Hexen flicked and swiveled his ears back, maintaining his steady stride. "Tamara?" He sent to her while she slept. "Tamara..." He sent again, careful not to touch Treyis's mind as well, trying to gauge how loudly he had to send to her hoping it would connect without waking her, so as to keep this conversation secret. The magic sash she wore would help create a safe place in her dreams for that, he hoped. "Tamara." He tried again, only slightly louder than before.
 
Tamara sank into her sleep, welcoming the blanket of safety it offered. She hadn't truly slept in the week she'd been gone, afraid, tortured, and constantly harassed. It been nothing but a nightmare, but now, against the warmth of Treyis and with Hexen to protect them both, she let herself enjoy the darkness.

At the edges of her mind, she felt something however. Someone familiar...someone she was trusting with her life...with a soft moan, she shifted in her sleep, rubbing her cheek against his back and sliding her arms fully around his waist without realizing it as she settled back down.

Her name filtered through, in a voice she didn't not truly recognize, but also somehow knew. “Yes?” she called out in her mind, her brow pleating in a soft frown as she slept on.
 
"Elation, you can hear me. Calm, it is I, Hexen. Confidence, you're within a dream, but this is not only a dream. Conflicted, I shouldn't be talking to you. Hopefulness, but I had to. Fear, you're in danger. Sorrow, but I cannot tell you how, or why. Respect, I am not permited. Hope, but if you ask questions I will answer those that I can honestly. Trust, you will figure out what I cannot say." Hexen sent in a torrent of feeling and thought.
 
Tamara tried to make sense of all that he was telling her. "You speak...?"

Hexen's soft laughter rang clearly in her mind and she smiled in her sleep. "Yes."

Unsure of what questions she asked, she began with what she thought were the simplest. "How? And why am I in danger? Do you speak to Treyis?" She rushed on, feeling somewhat giddy with the knowledge that there was something truly different about this beast.
 
"Gratitude, magically gifted with an intellect I would otherwise not posess."

"Regret, I cannot tell you."

"Pride, yes, I am bound to him we speak often."
 
Back
Top