PM's that made you smile

NotHisLady

aimlessly wandering
Joined
Dec 12, 2012
Posts
5,721
There's a whole thread for folks who get unsolicited messages that fall into the "oh HELL no" category.
Maybe it's time for the opposite.
Tell us about those.

It can't just be me. I don't get a lot of PM's but, while some of them fall into that first group there are lots that are thoughtful or helpful or just nice. I want a thread recognizing those.

:rose:

Yesterday someone sent me a note discreetly answering something I'd posted. That was appreciated. It took a moment out of someone's day that wasn't necessary.
 
I like this positive thread!
A great idea to spread some joy instead of complaining :)


I will very rarely get a random PM, of someone appreciating a picture I posted.
Those always make me smile, knowing I made someone's lips curl upwards.
Or on the even rarer occasion, made their fingers wander :devil:
 
I receive PMs from some posters that are addressing a specific post, or replying in private to something in a thread that we were both participating in, and that can bring smiles.

The best though, is when you receive a random PM from someone unknown, expressing thanks for something you've posted or written. They take time to let you know something you typed made a difference to them, improved their day or situation in some small way, or just made them laugh out loud. This brings smiles, every time.
 
I really appreciate the PMs I get (from you) pointing out my "small errors" in the counting thread. They always make me smile. :)
Still waiting for those pics! ;)
 
I occasionally get positive PMs in regards to my av. Occasionally, one of you cool kids will send me a personal message that is always appreciated as well. :rose:
 
I only (so far) get messages from my friend (you know who you are) and they invariably make my day better.

I don't get sleazy or creepy PMs, so I have nothing to complain about.... except that I don't get sleazy or creepy PMs.
 
oops...

Well, reading another forum I justrealized I had to turn on my PMs *facepalm*

Anyway, I received email feedback from a few readers of my story that made me squee. I'd been reading the accumulating comments on my story that amounted to simply 'you're crap, stop writing' and had me wanting to crawl in a corner and cry. I like constructive criticism but these were not those. But then I got the feedback emails and I was so very happy. I've probably read them a dozen times each after looking at new comments.

I just wished I had my PMs on and maybe they would have sent there complements via PM and then I could have thanked them profusely.
 
:) I received a random happy birthday PM from someone I wasn't friends with. It was very nice. People surprise me sometimes.
 
I really appreciate the PMs I get (from you) pointing out my "small errors" in the counting thread. They always make me smile. :)
Still waiting for those pics! ;)
yeah, surprisingly "dyslexic much?" did make me laugh
(when I sent it)
 
One of my first PMs was from a wonderful gentleman warning me about dirty older men hitting on a younger woman. There wasn't anything creepy about it and it made me smile and laugh. It was nice to see someone actually being genuine rather than the creepy messages that are automatically deleted
 
Well this is kinda disappointing!
Either I'm the exception or the old rule applies--people only want to talk about the crappy stuff that happens.
Since I've been on Lit I've gotten many messages from people I don't know and at least 2/3 of them have been nice.
With so much time spent on the messages people get or send that are sleazy or just laughably rude it would be a good thing to spend a little time on the ones that raise the bar.
Or at least I think so.
 
Just the other night someone sent me a PM just to tell me I made them smile. That made me smile :)
 
I had someone send me a PM that said they appreciated my response in a thread. Made me smile. :)
 
I've not been posting nearly as much as I usually do over on the PG--last night I got a PM just checking to see if I was OK because I hadn't been around.

That one definitely made me smile.
 
No this is not intended to be my own personal little thread but I gotta say--
you guys are pretty damn wonderful
(HUG)
 
Someone once PM'd me a pic of their boobies. I smiled!! I may have even done a happy dance, I don't remember though, I was too distracted by the boobies! :devil:;):D
 
I got one wishing me a good day after I had a horrible one. I am lucky and get those awesome from my Lit pepes. You guys are awesome and nice.
 
All the PMs I can remember have been polite, made a pen pal from one. But the one that was great was someone giving me links to some good stories after a post I had. The stories weren't even his, lol.
 
"you really are a very good guy" was the title.

Who wouldn't love an opener like that? The correspondent went on to say that they appreciated something I had penned on a particular subject. I hadn't penned it to be a salve, but for their own reasons it spoke to them.

I would imagine that song-writers get letters from fans about their words. It is really validating to hear stuff like that.

I get those sort of things from people just often enough to feel comfortable with my inimitable style of over-sharing at times.

I especially like hearing from people that may not have participated in a thread for personal reasons, but felt motivated to tell me they were moved.

And for the record: I am really a very dangerous guy. Chicks love a bad-ass.
 
I recieved a PM today. They said I was a rapey giraffe. I laughed so hard I had everyone on the train stop and stare. Good times :p
 
I received a sweet email from a nice lady that started she hoped she wasnt bothering me with an unsolicited PM. I wish I had more PMs...but ones like that make mah day.
 
Back
Top