The AH Coffee Shop and Reading Room 03: Come On In

Cleanliness may be next to godliness, but with a child around it's generally next to impossible. :rolleyes:

Borrowing the neighbors child works fine for me. I look after her a lot when I'm not working and we do a lot of stuff together - and she loves cleaning. So I turn her loose. And when I'm writing she curls up on the couch with a book or watches movies. I think I'll order one aged 7 years and skip the intermediate steps. :D Seems to be the right age where they cease to be too demanding.

Do what I do, and log in AFTER the meal.

See what I have to deal with at home?
oujK7Km.gif

Want some popcorn?

Seems to be the right age where they cease to be too demanding.

"Cease to be too demanding?" You're so cute, hon! In reality, the stress never ceases; it just shifts gears.

Stages of having children:

1. Diapers and incessant crying.
2. “NO!”
3. Lock up everything in the house. Everything. No,no - everything! That, too.
4. “Teddy says you are a poo-poo head.”
5. “Why?”
6. Where the hell is that kid?
7. “Mummy, I don’t feel so good...”
8. “I promised Teacher you’d make 37 cupcakes for tomorrow morning.”
9. Scouts, soccer, band, drama club, etc - 17 rides per week, más o menos.
10. “You’re not the boss of me!”
11. “My room’s not that bad. I’ll clean it up tomorrow.”
12. “Can we have a sleepover for 14 tomorrow night? Pleeeeease?”
13. “It’s only two D’s!”
14. “Get up? Already? It’s only 10:30!”
15. “Can I borrow the car again tonight?”
16. “Oh, yeah, the fender. Sorry, I guess somebody moved the hydrant.”
17. “Mom, I think I might be a little bit pregnant.”
18. “Tuition is going up again next year.”
19. “I got laid off and evicted. Is my room still open?”
20. “Love you, Mom.”​

"Cease to be too demanding?" You're so cute, hon! In reality, the stress never ceases; it just shifts gears.

2. “NO!”
5. “Why?”
13. “It’s only two D’s!”
20. “Love you, Mom.”​

My son will be 45 soon and my daughter is 40. In many ways, I was lucky. We went through the "why" stage, but they had their own cars even before they had a license (my son borrowed mine to use at the race track but I let him).

Neither have kids (my son is a neat freak and hated the idea of fingerprints everywhere. My daughter spent too many years in abusive relationships that thankfully didn't produce children).

Both stayed with me (at different times) but only for a few months.

Now though, it's another story. Both are busy, have priorities, things to do. It is what it is.

It's been a long, warm day and I'm sore from the work. I think I'll leave the bedroom window open a little tonight. If I do, then it may not be closed again until next fall.

Ah - another sunny day, praise the Lord.
Coffee on the lawn, I think.

PS. I had an interesting conversation once with the blaggard who'd impregnated my step-daughter, claiming that it was all down to her and he wasn't going to pay anything.

Ah - another sunny day, praise the Lord.
Coffee on the lawn, I think.

PS. I had an interesting conversation once with the blaggard who'd impregnated my step-daughter, claiming that it was all down to her and he wasn't going to pay anything.

I hope you were able to persuade him otherwise?

It takes two to tango...

I think I'll order one aged 7 years and skip the intermediate steps. :D Seems to be the right age where they cease to be too demanding.

Less demanding perhaps, but with each stage there are new things, new demands to worry about. At one, thankfully brief period, we had five daughters as teenagers simultaneously - not a walk in the park!

Welcome to Moanday.

Fresh coffee is now available.

Have grand-kids. Spoil them rotten and take them home. Paybacks are a bitch. :D Grand kids skip a generation, ya know.

Less demanding perhaps, but with each stage there are new things, new demands to worry about. At one, thankfully brief period, we had five daughters as teenagers simultaneously - not a walk in the park!

Lucky you. My dad always said one girl was more than enough. He was lucky. I had three very protective older brothers who were tougher to evade than my parents. But where there's a will... and a brave enough boyfriend...

Have grand-kids. Spoil them rotten and take them home. Paybacks are a bitch. :D Grand kids skip a generation, ya know.

The reason kids and grandparents get along so well is that they have a common enemy.

Large black, please, good sir.

Welcome to Moanday.

Fresh coffee is now available.

Rather to my surprise, my Grandchildren thought I was ACE !
I got told this my one of the fathers.

It's truly wonderful to give the noisy blighters back, sometimes.

Got some work done on the truck and messed around in the shop a little.

Supper time is coming up and I have no idea what to fix.

Coffee for the evening crew and a Kettle to boot.

I hope you were able to persuade him otherwise?

It takes two to tango...

Oh, yes; I did.And he paid.

But now, a nice cup of tea.
We've had 'record temperatures' in critical spots today (+27.8C).

And I'm still having trouble with Windoze 7. :(
Gnash, Gr r r r r

2. “NO!”
5. “Why?”
13. “It’s only two D’s!”
20. “Love you, Mom.”​

I'm going to go cry in my blanket fort now. :(

My wife is vacuuming, which is a rare event. We have a big cat who would never come to me for comfort, but who now wants to be under my rolling office chair. While I pet him. The poor fella is upset.

I'm still working on that damned ghost story. I slammed out 12,000 words in no time before I got a clear view of where I was going. I had an ending even before I started writing, but getting there was something else.

Three weeks later I'm at 14,000 words. I've written one scene at a time, and sometimes only the beginning of a scene, then laboring over how it would end. My characters have come to flesh (odd for ghosts, right?) and they have needs. That's why they're ghosts.

I'm only beginning to look back at that first 12,000 words to build their characters into the story.

Damn. I should just write a story that starts with a window washer watching a horny MILF while she undresses -- 4,000 words and out.

5,000 posts already? My, this be a mouthy lot. You'd think all the coffee would at least keep us quiet some of the time.

5,000 posts already? My, this be a mouthy lot. You'd think all the coffee would at least keep us quiet some of the time.

Maybe it's the writing that keeps us quiet and the coffee that keeps us yammering. The coffee has been winning.

I thought about going to bed. Reruns of M*A*S*H sounded better.

Back