This is not our world

Hypoxia

doesn't watch television
#2. You Were Built For Another Time

It's a lot easier to plan for the future when your retirement plan is "Get eaten by a tiger."

This system feels like a shitstorm to you because you weren't built to live in it.

Our culture changes much, much faster than humans can evolve to keep up. For example, your brain was not built to handle the information overload of the internet. How could it be? You'd need hundreds of generations sexually selecting only those who are ... good at the internet, I guess. Your brain also didn't evolve to keep up appearances for 4,000 Instagram followers or to plan your damned life 40 years in advance. For most of human history, even reaching old age was a fantasy. And you sure as hell didn't evolve to completely learn a new skill set every five years.

That's not your fault.

If you look around you, you'll see the world is full of people trying to follow their natural instincts and banging their heads against society's rules, like a panicked housefly trying to escape through a closed window. It's silly to ask why the world is full of violent criminals. For most of history, violence wasn't a crime; it was how you won the best mates and perpetuated your genetic line. It's ridiculous to ask why there are so many lazy people when it appears that hunter-gatherers may have only worked 15 hours a week. It's cruel to mock someone for not having a large circle of friends when there's a good chance they were descended from nomads who for the most part spoke only to their families.

You're not weird. You're the pinnacle of evolution, a marvel of nature, part of a species so mind-bogglingly adaptable that we'd already be living on the moon if the place hadn't turned out to be so boring. It's the world that got weird.
How did those A-Types make it out of paleo culture?

How can anyone say the moon is boring with all the secret Nazi bases and alien tech on the dark side?

Proudly presented to you by Cracked . com.

Was that snorted or through a homemade hukka?

Which parts are demonstrably wrong?

We certainly evolved to deal with very different threats and incentives from now.

I was wondering how HyppoXia would defend it; if that's his case.

He only gave one line and a piece, and seemed to criticize it by saying: don't worry we'll make it.

And you may ask yourself
How do I work this?
And you may ask yourself
Where is that large automobile?
And you may tell yourself
This is not my beautiful house!
And you may tell yourself
This is not my beautiful wife!

Every generation is inundated with "the new". 2 & 3 year olds swim in technology like they were born with web.feet. Just because you can't keep up, don't whine about it.

pT5oM6Aec.jpg

So i was having my toast n p-nut butter dessert and still finishing it when i came to check out this thread, then I saw that guy and his avatar.

Like.. Its hard focusing on the screen and not looking left - but - i did it.

So i was having my toast n p-nut butter dessert and still finishing it when i came to check out this thread, then I saw that guy and his avatar.

Like.. Its hard focusing on the screen and not looking left - but - i did it.

you should have added some mayonnaise...............

Back