Dear X:

Dear Powers-That-Be:

Holy Hell, it sounds like a lot of people in this world need a break...from fate, from others, from circumstances. Have a heart and give them a break, would ya? Even if it's just a little one?

Sincerely yours,

SG
 
Dear Grandma,

Please, please, please get better soon. You scared all of us half to death, especially grandpa. I hate to see you helpless in bed with grandpa at your side clutching your hand. I know that you haven't seen me in a while, and I'm sorry for that. School has really bogged me down, and my future is happening all by itself without my consent. Sometimes I think fate is testing me beyond my set limits just to see when I'll break. It could have stayed away from you.

You're my hero, grandma, every bit as grandpa is my hero. When you're lying in bed in pain, you still manage to crack a joke to make everyone around you feel better. Did you see the look on the surgeon's face when he visited you today? He couldn't get over all the family members that were crammed into that little room to show their concern and support for you. (Personally, I could have killed the two shits I call cousins for not visiting you once since you went into the hospital Thursday night. It's not like they don't have vehicles!)

If fate wants me to go forward with all the plans it has laid out for me, then it can bend a few rules for me. I'm dropping my heavy workload down to the minimum to see you everyday until you're out of the hospital. Right now, you are more important. I know the surgeon said you have a good chance of coming out of surgery with flying colors, but something might go wrong. I don't want to be one who wasn't there because I was too busy.

The whole family is chipping in to look after grandpa. Although I must apologize for not watching grandpa as closely as I should have. He downed a chocolate candy bar yesterday while no one was looking. Please tell my two Aunts to include me in their plans. I am well over the age when teen becomes a responsible adult with a valid driver's license and car. They seem to think that I'm still 12.

I look forward to next week when you're finally able to come home. Don't worry if you can't make it out of the hospital next week. I'll just work my schedule around visiting you. You know I'd rearrange the Universe if you wanted.

Lots of love,
Knitedreams

~~~~
Dear jerk cousins,

Visit grandma, you narcissistic freaks!

From the older cousin who's going to kick your asses if you don't,
Your Worst Nightmare
 
Dear Boss Bitch,

Today you received a bit of a wake up call didn't you? You run the unit like a concentration camp. You think that everyone there is going to happily obey your slightest wish.

You came in this morning full of good humor and posted your newest directives. These started out with a new form to be filled out on a daily basis by the R.N.'s. This form would detail the care and medications given to each patient during each shift. This would then be turned in to you for review, then placed in each R.N.'s personal file. (This duplicates their official paperwork.) This was followed by a list of guidlines for R.N.'s dealing with C.N.A.'s. (Your comments in this were more than a little condescending towards the Aides. Such things as making sure to not use medical accronyms, to speak slowly so as to be understood.)

We the staff were duly insulted by this, which you somehow didn't notice.

You then looked at the duty board which showed 20 patients, 4 R.N.'s and 2 Aides. You promptly picked up the phone and made a call. Within an hour our census had changed. We went from the 20 patients to 42 patients. You refused to allow additional staff to be called in. Instead you told people to buckle down and do their jobs, you could easily take care of 10 plus patients. To say your staff was pissed would be an understatement. Not only was your staff pissed but the Oncologists were pissed.

You see the extra patients you had sent up to us are the ones the other units didn't want. The Over Doses, the Homeless, the Baker Acts and the 3 potential T.B. Cases.

By the end of the shift we were all run ragged. we had four security officers patrolling the halls at all times. We had patients and family members screaming about abuse and theft from other patients wandering into their rooms. We had three patients in four way restraints.

Through all of this you sat in your office with the door closed doing whatever. When you did come out you smiled at the staff, while prowling the halls looking for the smallest infractions of the rules and watching us running our asses off before ducking back behind your locking door.

At the end of the shift you came out all smiles and congratulated us on doing such a fine job, although you had noticed some problems. You seemed not to notice that no one was even talking to you in more than monosylables. Then the R.N.'s and Aides turned in our paperwork to you.

You stood there and paged through the paperwork from the R.N.'s getting more and more angry. They had removed the names from their new patient care sheets. You then reached the bottom of the stack of papers and found four papers that were not expected by you. These were the two week notices of three R.N.'s and one Aide. (Not me)

You looked up from these and asked each person directly why they were leaving you. Each one of them told you the same thing, they refused to work under conditions that they felt endangered themselves and their patients health and safety. Oh you went off, you told them they were unrateful, you told them you had often worked much harder without complaint. Each one of them told you that they understood this, many of them had received their lisence at roughly the same time you had. They also informed you that while they had remained working on the floors you haven't been on the floor for more then ten years.

Well now you are out 3 R.N.'s, and another Aide. This means that your day shift staffing for your 42 bed unit is now down to a total of 8 R.N.'s, (two of which are still uncertified for Oncology.) and 3 Aides. All of us are on 12 hour shifts so it should be interesting to see how you manage to staff the unit. (I for one will not work additional shifts. I already pull 4 shifts a week, that's enough.)

Cat
 
Dear STBX:

I can't believe it. I should be finished being surprised. So, you tried to change the code on the garage door opener, eh? I wonder when the locksmith is supposed to show. And the 10 year old boy tells me the reason that all my stuff is packed up is because, "Mom didn't want you sleeping here after you had sex with your girlfriend."

You told a 10 year old that? Why? What were you thinking? And you tried to cover up moving my stuff out of the house by leaving me a note that says "I love you so I'm helping you to move forward".

Did you think the child would not tell me what you had said?

*shakes head*

wow.
 
Dear Bel,

Hang in there and know for sure that you have people here that got your back.
 
Dear X:

While I do appreciate your efforts to stay on top of the laundry in my absence, it can be persuasively argued that the reason one bothers to fold clothes in the first place is to prevent wrinkling. If your folding is ineffective in that regard, why bother? It will now be far simpler for me to re-launder those clothes than to undo the wrinkling you've introduced by "folding" them.

With all due respect,

~ Imp

P.S. You know those odd-shaped pieces of tubular plastic? They're called HANGARS. They have a function, and they're far better suited for the storage of clothing (see above re wrinkling) than the dining room table.
 
Dear AHers,

I love all of you. :rose: :kiss: I wish I could help each and everyone of you, relieve burdens and take away pain. Celebrate your triumphs and your joys. You guys mean a lot to me.

:kiss:

Dee
 
Dear L,

It was good to see you again, you fucking prick. Too bad you have some kind of illness that keeps you from keeping in touch with those of us that thought we were your friends. It was almost two years to the DAY that you stopped coming to the gaming group that I run into you, on my way to my new gaming group.
Well, Hell. At least M looked like she was doing well and the baby is just absolutely adorable.
I guess what bothers me is that I thought we were friends, as well as gamers. How many nights did we sit in the Target parking lot after closing and talk about whatever you needed help with? I stopped counting after twelve. But hey. We were buds, and that's what buds do: they help each other out. Until you disappeared.
Trust me: I get it that friends grow apart sometimes. You know the last time I saw K? His wedding. Before that? Probably eight months. Big Luke? K's wedding. Before that? The last night we gamed as a group, which is probably over a year now. Frankie and Bubba? Same, except they weren't at K's wedding. I get it. I guess you've moved on and left us all behind.
Honestly, I've all pretty much given up on you at this point. I had hoped that you would at least call or email every now and then, but apparently not. It was just by dumb luck that I saw you at all. At first, I was excited, since I haven't seen you in two years. But the 'Oh. Hey.' greeting pretty much killed that right away. Good thing, I think, that I was running late anyway. A half-minute conversation was all I got after two years. Awesome.
You know, it wouldn't have been SO bad if you said 'You know, it's not a good time right now' or something to that effect. Too bad we were in a McDonald's, huh? But no. You gave me the brush off. Fine. I hope M is doing well and that the baby is healthy and grows up to be a beautiful woman. But for you, I have nothing else. I hereby wash my hands of the whole thing. Don't EVER come to me or call me or email me for advice ever again, simply because you've dug yourself a whole and I happen to be the oldest of the group, which (theoretically) means I give the best advice. You are on your own, my friend. Time to grow up. Good luck.

E23.
 
Dear X

You fucking bastard. I am respecting your wishes and leaving you alone. How dare you log into the only place you can get at me and start sending me venomous pm's.
Does it make you feel any better???? I doubt it. How about you grow up a little. My only regret is not taking a screen shot. I won't tolerate logging in only to have you run around calling me names.
Next time no matter how sick you make me feel I will get the evidence to get you booted.
You are obsessed, get help ffs. I tried to be your friend, now there is nothing left you killed it all. I am only thankful you are too far away to come near me. Cause now your scaring me.
I hope you have the good sense not to start smsing me. That would be more than I can handle and i would have to get others involved. Neither of us wants that hmm????
What you said proves exactly how little you did know me after all... So I was right... You can't always be right can you...
All I want is for you to leave me alone. I won't respond to you. i won't answer you back... You had me in tears this morning so i guess you achieved part of your goal. But I won't ever answer me back. Frankly your starting to sicken me, not only do i have no respect left for you I no longer consider you a friend. I don't need friends like you in my life.
Something you need to learn. Friendship is a two way street. It means you have to listen and respect the person your talking to. Not just expect them to listen to you whine ad nauseum.
I am not and have never been responsible for your happiness. It's your responsibility and no one else's so deal with it.
We will never be friends again now even if you do get help. You have destroyed any good feelings I had.
get the damn help you need. Stop missing your appointments.
And leave me the fuck alone!!!!
A very pissed off
Cinn
 
Dear Karma.....


How evil was I in a past life??????? It must have been really bad I tell you.
I have a whole list of bad stuff from the day I was born.... Isn't enough enough?
Now you introduce me to the love of my life and he is 12000 miles away??????
Fuck you karma. We will find a way to make it work!!!!!!
Cinn
PS I would really appreciate it if you woke him up about now :p
 
Dear X and Y.

I'm so mad at the pair of you right now. I only asked for two things - TWO! - to help me with this move and you couldn't even manage that. I asked for packing boxes, and van hire for a day.

The boxes you said I didn't need, as we have plenty of boxes. So why is my bookcase still full, when it should be in peices ready to move?

The van you said I didnt' need, as my mattress would go in X's car. Will the extremely heavy table? Did you expect Mark's dad to be falling over himself to help? Guess what, he's on nights.

Get me some boxes and hire the damn van! If I'm not in properly by Sunday I *WILL* be letting all hell loose on you.

A thoroughly pissed off and very ill Helen.
 
Just-Legal said:
Dear X and Y.

I'm so mad at the pair of you right now. I only asked for two things - TWO! - to help me with this move and you couldn't even manage that. I asked for packing boxes, and van hire for a day.

The boxes you said I didn't need, as we have plenty of boxes. So why is my bookcase still full, when it should be in peices ready to move?

The van you said I didnt' need, as my mattress would go in X's car. Will the extremely heavy table? Did you expect Mark's dad to be falling over himself to help? Guess what, he's on nights.

Get me some boxes and hire the damn van! If I'm not in properly by Sunday I *WILL* be letting all hell loose on you.

A thoroughly pissed off and very ill Helen.
:rose: :rose:
I wish I could come over and help you move. I know how busy and frustrating that time is even without someone incompetent barring the way.
 
fieryjen said:
:rose: :rose:
I wish I could come over and help you move. I know how busy and frustrating that time is even without someone incompetent barring the way.

*hugs* Thanks Jen.

Still havent found that damn allen key :)
 
Dear X,

I'm glad we were able to part amicably. I wish you the best, always.

This just wasn't our time. I'll see you the next time around, I know I will. We've always loved each other, but our timing sucks.

Take care. You'll always be in my heart.

~ Cloudy
 
Just-Legal said:
Dear Mil

Not sure yet, but I'm somewhat moved in...
That's better than nothing, I suppose. :rose:

I hope you get around to writing more of that story soon. I'm egoistic that way. ;)
 
fieryjen said:
That's better than nothing, I suppose. :rose:

I hope you get around to writing more of that story soon. I'm egoistic that way. ;)

I will once the fiance stops mauling me.

Its the not having to be quiet factor...
 
Just-Legal said:
I will once the fiance stops mauling me.

Its the not having to be quiet factor...
Oh, I do know about that :D

You just take your time then.
 
I wish I'd taken photos of this place before we started doing it up - the difference is tangible and we're only about 70% done! Its just so much lighter and cleaner.

And I can smoke at my PC! No more stressed out raids due to lack of nicotine *g*
 
Just-Legal said:
I wish I'd taken photos of this place before we started doing it up - the difference is tangible and we're only about 70% done! Its just so much lighter and cleaner.

And I can smoke at my PC! No more stressed out raids due to lack of nicotine *g*
I do wish I could see that.

I don't smoke, I just eat mozzarella. Or chocolate. Or whatever else is handy. :cool:
 
Back
Top