The apprentice

Liplovinman

who knows?
Joined
Sep 29, 2010
Posts
5,151
The apprentice (open to one F)

David Albert was a sound business man, but he had never been presented with the dilemma he faced now. His neighbor of 20 years had presented, suggested and practically shoved his daughter, Emma, into David’s lap. Emma’s father wanted nothing more than for his daughter than to be as successful as David and what better way for her to learn? For the first time, David was at a loss. He had not seen Emma in years, though he knew she had just completed grad school. David worked too damn much to care about the goings on in his neighborhood, had frankly been looking to upgrade his location closer to downtown, the timing just never seemed to be right. Perhaps if he had moved quicker, this would have been a non issue. He had not and this was, to the point, an issue.

David hit the office early, getting his plans out for the new civic arts building, he was about to close the deal on the last remaining retail outlets, only the high rise lofts on the top three floors remained. Perhaps this was his opportunity, to grab a new living arrangement less than 3 miles from the office. He was about to pick up the phone, when it rang almost as if summoned.

“Albert and Associates, David here, how may I help?” The trouble with being the first in was fielding the other early-risers questions. He was surprised to hear the twinkle in her voice as Emma responded.
 
Last edited:
Emma

"Mr Albert, this is Emma from next door."

"My dad insisted I call you. I apologize for bothering you, but I have just returned home having achieved my goal of obtaining my MBA degree, and I am hoping that you might have an opportunity available that might enable me to gain the benefit of your expertise and experience."
 
Back
Top