A novella ~ "Privateer's Desire: Stealing Romance"

cascadiabound

MrTs barmaid
Joined
Aug 11, 2015
Posts
26,512
The following story is a collaboration between Mr. T and Cascadia. It began as a lark and seemed to unfold of its own accord. Suddenly we looked around and realized we had quite a story.

It is our intention to post an installment or two of the story each day in serial fashion. This is not a closed thread...it is okay (encouraged) if you wish to post comments along the way. We hope you will find us congenial hosts to our readers. :heart:

In part we have chosen to post it here, in the playground, because we feel, frankly, playful about our little novella. And in the spirit of playfulness, alongside our text, you may find we will post images or links to audio or video clips.

>>>These are integral to the story and you are highly encouraged to click on these links
(FYI: if you are viewing on a PC or laptop you can RIGHT CLICK on the link
to open a second window allowing you to listen without leaving the text screen)
for the full experience we are attempting to provide you, the reader.
<<<

You will soon discover our two main characters take turns propelling the story forward from their own perspective. Our story is a romantic bit of fun frivolity we wish to share with all of you and we do so with joyful abandon. It is not meant to be serious.

We hope you find a small fraction of the enjoyment we have found in the writing of it.

Cascadia and Mr. T

t74QJBB.jpg
______________________________________


Setting: Barbados, 1813.
The scene opens on a large sugar plantation, one of many great planters on the island with connections to English aristocracy and Parliament. There is a party in progress - everyone who is anyone on the small island is there. The day has progressed from one event to another, and the lavish meal complete, the party goers are dancing in the early evening.

Main Characters:
The Privateer, Jameson Stone ~ the Captain of the brigantine, Constantine, an adventurer and a bit of a rogue, but a man of honour. He holds a "letter of marque" or a commission from the crown, King George III of England.

Kezziah,* the youngest daughter of a wealthy plantation owner. She is 19 and her father is anxious to have her married off. This has been arranged for her to the business advantage of her father. In part, the festivities have been designed to help further the nuptial arrangements between the two families.

Supporting Characters in Order of Appearance:
  • Father Lorenzo. The Priest, presiding over a Catholic mission in Barbados.
  • The Monseñor. An elderly devout man, well known to the locals and the English Plantation owners of Barbados.
  • The Spanish Slaver. Captain Martez of the Tristan, a frigate.
  • Antoine. The Captain's first mate, an older African sailor, a freeman, honourable and true.
  • The Russian slave girl, Tatyana. Bought at the slave market by Sheikh Hamad.
  • Sheikh Alafdahl. A warrior and major clan leader.
  • Sheikh Hamad, the Cruel. A major clan leader and purveyor of the finest stallions in Egypt.
  • The Captain's Steward, Gerard. An able seaman, fighter, tactician, and the Captain's oldest friend.
  • The Official. Sheik Hamad's First Officer.
  • Professor Nathaniel Campbell. An English gentleman, professor of Renaissance history and culture. Occasionally serves as an informal envoy.
  • Andrew Greaves. One of many suitors to our heroine. A man of excellent prospects in spite of being overly indulged by his mother.
  • Sailor Aiden. A young American sailor. The Constantine is his second seaman's assignment.
  • Shipman McCord. An older Scottish sailor who has served on the Constantine for 14 months.
  • Regge Mouton. Captain of the John Pierre, (a Schooner) a tall, good natured Cajun American from New Orleans.

4Uai2hi.jpg

Note: This story is a work of fiction. We have attempted to not play fast and loose with historical facts, geography and the historical context in which we have set our characters, however neither of us make any claim to be professional historians and some liberties have been taken to move the story-line along.

*pronounced kez-EYE-ah

© cascadiabound and Mrtenant 2016, all rights reserved​
 
Last edited:
xoxo Index to Story Posts xoxo













AGeR7gv.jpg

Cruising the Nile


>>Post #88 Cascadia Bejeweled >>Post #89 MrT Comforts >>Post #90 Cascadia Earrings

>>Post #91 MrT Plans Piercing >>Post #92 Cascadia Accepts >>Post #93 MrT Pierces

>>Post #94 Cascadia Pierced >>Post #95 MrT Guest >>Post #96 Cascadia Professor

>>Post #97 Cascadia Letter >>Post #98 MrT Sherry >>Post #99 MrT Bodice Rips

>>Post #100 Cascadia Gown >>Post #101 Cascadia Dance >>Post #102 Cascadia Writes

>>Post #103 MrT Stormy >>Post #104 MrT Packs >>Post #105 Cascadia Pilots

>>Post #106 MrT Anchors >>Post #107 MrT Defends >>Post #108 Cascadia Raid!

>>Post #109 Cascadia Infirmary >>Post #110 MrT Repairs >>Post #111 MrT Crocodiles

>>Post #112 Cascadia Heals >>Post #113 MrT McCord >>Post #114 Cascadia Hugs

>>Post #115 MrT Charts >>Post #116 Cascadia Linen >>Post #117 MrT Messenger

>>Post #118 Cascadia Prepares >>Post # 119 MrT Plans >>Post #120 Cascadia In Black

>>Post #121 MrT Kisses >>Post #122 Cascadia Funeral >>Post #123 MrT Funeral >>Post #124 Cascadia Surgeon

:heart:VIDEO #4: STONE IN LOVE

>>Post #125 Cascadia Cairo Ahead >>Post #126 MrT Signals >>Post #127 Cascadia Prepared

>>Post #128 MrT Cajun >>Post #129 Cascadia Battles >>Post #130 MrT Battles

>>Post #131 Cascadia Chaos >>Post #132 MrT Vs. Hamad >>Post #133 MrT Lives

>>Post #134 Cascadia Victorious >>Post #135 MrT Home >>Post #136 Cascadia Constantine

>>Post #137 MrT Payment >>Post #138 Cascadia Home >>Post #139 MrT Planning

>>Post #140 Cascadia Honest Woman >>Post #141 Cascadia Proposed To >>Post #142 MrT Alexandria

>> Post #143 Cascadia Tatyana >>Post #144 MrT Wedded >>Post #145 Cascadia Taken

>>Post #146 MrT Consummation >>Post #147 Cascadia Forever >>Post #148 MrT Orders

>>Post #149 Cascadia Martez >>Post #150 MrT Scents the End >>Post #151 Cascadia Bound

:heart: VIDEO #5: SAILING INTO THE SUNSET :heart:


gkLNAR2.jpg

© cascadiabound and Mrtenant 2016, all rights reserved​
 
Last edited:
I've been watching you all night. You’ve captured my heart since the very first time I saw you two seasons ago at another evening of dancing and music, when your parents had decided it was time to introduce you as an eligible young woman.

On that evening, so many months ago, you had been swarmed by suitors, all, eager for your attentions. I doubted you had even noticed me. Tonight, when I first saw you across the room... my poor heart fairly leapt from my heaving breast in awe and desire for your divine beauty and grace.

Approaching you, the woman I have not been able to tear my eyes from…my words almost tumble over themselves,

“I beg of you, humbly, for a dance beneath the stars! I would dance with you all night long!”

all the while, thinking, hoping beyond all hope, oh, how I long to breathe in your essence, kissing your full lips lightly, then passionately; that sweet laced bodice appears ripe for the ripping in the throes of eternal passion.

Breathily and urgently, adding, “Say you'll dance with me! Say it now!”


 
Last edited:
I had watched you approach. The intensity in your eye. I thought to myself how dashing you look tonight with your sword fastened to your belt.

“Dear Sir...it is so charming I have had such an effect upon you,” I smooth the fabric of my skirts over the layers of my petticoats as I speak,

“How could I possibly refuse your request for a dance, especially with the stars being so beautiful tonight?” I cast my eyes to the heavens, and then, glancing at your handsome profile,

“If you should whisper poetry into my ear and woo me with talk of science and literature, I will surely shortly be in your thrall.” I blush prettily as I stand and curtsy for you in my beautiful party gown of red and gold.

“Take my hand, kind Sir, and whisk me onto the dance floor, kiss my neck perhaps....I can see your sparkling eyes will intoxicate me in no time... So yes...my answer is yes! Yes! Yes!”
 
Last edited:
This is wonderful, and I eagerly await more installments.

It was a dark and swashbucklingly sexy night!
 
Omg!!! It's been along time since I read a good bodice ripper. This is going to be fun!
 
*pulls up a chair*

Interesting concept, and a good start to the story. Ready to read more. :)
 
Thank you all so MUCH!

This is wonderful, and I eagerly await more installments.
It was a dark and swashbucklingly sexy night!
more installments coming! we promise!
I like the multimedia aspect :)
Thanks!
How much longer until we get to the naughty parts? :D
Don't get your knickers in a bunch AF... it is just the FIRST DAY! :rolleyes::heart:
Omg!!! It's been along time since I read a good bodice ripper. This is going to be fun!
Grins :heart: we hope so. thanks so much!
* giggles gleefully *
tee hee... thanks for popping by MD... more giggles ahead!
I'm impatiently awaiting, erm, developments
More posts in the morning... promise. Can you wait that long?
Subscribed.
This is wonderful guys.
*blushes* thanks SW!
It's here! It's here! Wheeeee! :cathappy::rose::kiss::kiss:
Grins.. Yup... hold on to your hat Honey!
*flops on the sofa with popcorn and gets comfy*
More! Pretty please?
Yes Ma'am. As you wish!
Subscribed.
Now back to top to start reading!
Congrats on the thread.
*curtsy's* thanks you so much TC.
*pulls up a chair*

Interesting concept, and a good start to the story. Ready to read more.
Appreciate the compliment. We shall try to deliver.
Intrigued, interested, and awaiting more.
Thanks sweetie!
Fun! Subscribed...
Glad you wandered onto this part of the board cookie!
*sits next to AKL in my Jammies and hands her a Margarita *
Oh! I see you got a GOOD seat! (did you make me a margaita?)

Truly... Mr. T and I are bowled over. We thank each and every one of you who posted and all of you who came by and read our initial offering. More in the morning.

cb
 
Last edited:
eutpXJO.jpg

Dipping into a deep and profound bow, I take your outstretched hand in mine, placing a trembling kiss on it, with eyes flashing as I gaze hypnotically at your décolletage and just as quickly averting and meeting your gaze with a defined look of adoration and pleasure, I sweep you out into the garden and we dance to the sweet strains of the chamber music in the hall. I gaze steadily into your eyes, my desire and adoration evident, as we dance and sigh beneath the stars!
 
Last edited:
With the feel of your soft lips on the back of my hand, the idea flashes unbidden through my mind…a wonderment of just how your lips might feel in other more intimate places. Your eyes burn into mine and I blush deeply as your arm quickly gathers ‘round my waist.

There is something about you that has my pulse racing... I try to pretend, even to myself, it is just the quickness of the dance and the care with which I am making sure to match your steps. I feel completely swept up in your arms; your dancing is so confident.

I find the intensity of the gaze of your deep dark eyes is more than I can take and I drop my own....the feel of your large hand at my waist...more arousing than I expected. My other hand, feels small in yours.

The darkness gathers around us as you deliberately move us, little by little, away from the other party goers. Our dancing takes us to the edge of the gardens, and soon we are walking together, companionably, in the lovely starlight.


:heart::heart::heart:>>>CLICK THIS LINK TO LISTEN TO THE MUSIC AS THEY CONTINUED TO DANCE<<<:heart::heart::heart:
Mr. T & Cascadia recommend you open the audio track
in a separate window so you are
able to listen while reading this post. Enjoy!
 
Last edited:
Firstly, thank you for inviting me to the party :)

The story is moving along swimmingly and enticingly. I'm looking forward to reading more.

For some reason I was under the impression that it was completed. *shrugs*

~After subscribing, squeezes myself comfortably onto the sofa and grabs a handful of popcorn~
 
Last edited:
Back
Top