The "Fuck you cancer!" thread

Beat it in 2010, ready to do it again in the future if necessary.

(Ahem...)

Fuck you, cancer.

Excellent!

FYC.

Thanks, GreenEyes.
:rose:

Have a great weekend everyone!

PS FYC!

Have a FYC weekend.

I guess it's maybe time to move my periodic updates from Blurt to here.

Neuropathology has come up with a diagnosis from the lump they took out last week: glioblastoma multiforme. I have an appointment with the neuro-oncologist next Wednesday afternoon to discuss treatment options, etc. Statistically speaking, the outlook isn't particularly promising, but I'm a stubborn shit - always have been - and I'm not gonna just lie down and spread my lobes for this fucker to have its way with me. As always, though, kind thoughts, positive vibes, prayers, etc., are gratefully accepted.

And yes, here's a big FYC to go along with the little one in my sig;

attachment-2.png

You are stubborn, although the shit part is debatable. Cancer hates tenacity.

Okay, results are in. It's better to know what we are dealing with. Go get 'im, SW.

FYC. FY! FY! FY!

I guess it's maybe time to move my periodic updates from Blurt to here.

Neuropathology has come up with a diagnosis from the lump they took out last week: glioblastoma multiforme. I have an appointment with the neuro-oncologist next Wednesday afternoon to discuss treatment options, etc. Statistically speaking, the outlook isn't particularly promising, but I'm a stubborn shit - always have been - and I'm not gonna just lie down and spread my lobes for this fucker to have its way with me. As always, though, kind thoughts, positive vibes, prayers, etc., are gratefully accepted.

And yes, here's a big FYC to go along with the little one in my sig;

attachment-2.png

Be stubborn, be cranky and whoop this fucker!
Sending out healing vibes to you and any other litster who is having to deal with this crap xxxx

Sir W - You have never been merely a statistic. And hell yeah you're stubborn, pigheaded, and stalwart. With that said - Me and mine are sending an ocean of prayers, positive vibes, warmth and support your way. :kiss:

Yippee for you being a stubborn shit! :) Sometimes it does come in handy.

Sending you kind thoughts, positive vibe, prayers and a big cyber hug.

Prayers, good vibes, and everything else aimed straight at you, as always. Give 'em hell! :kiss::rose::heart:

You are stubborn, although the shit part is debatable. Cancer hates tenacity.

Okay, results are in. It's better to know what we are dealing with. Go get 'im, SW.

FYC. FY! FY! FY!

Be stubborn, be cranky and whoop this fucker!
Sending out healing vibes to you and any other litster who is having to deal with this crap xxxx

My thoughts and hugs are with you SW. :rose:

Sir W - You have never been merely a statistic. And hell yeah you're stubborn, pigheaded, and stalwart. With that said - Me and mine are sending an ocean of prayers, positive vibes, warmth and support your way. :kiss:
Thank you, one and all.

You know, it comes to mind that had I had in my "real life" the kind of friends I have met here, much of my life would have been much less stressful, and enjoyed more. Not that there haven't been large portions of my life that I enjoyed, but that they would have been more. Thank you for being who you are.

Kia Kaha (stay strong) Sir W and your partner.

Thank you for keeping us updated, difficult as it must be but remember we do care about you guys and are here to listen, give advice or just try to make you laugh.

*hugs*

Um, hey, y'all. I totally found this on Cracked today and thought I'd share it.

It's called Click To Cure.

Basically, it's a whole bunch of images of cancer cells, and you classify them according to the prompts. It's supposed to help researchers condense a lot of work into a lot less time through the help of bored people on the Internet. I'm bookmarking the page for when I don't feel like doing anything (which happens often). Maybe y'all might want to, too?

Thank you, one and all.

You know, it comes to mind that had I had in my "real life" the kind of friends I have met here, much of my life would have been much less stressful, and enjoyed more. Not that there haven't been large portions of my life that I enjoyed, but that they would have been more. Thank you for being who you are.

We like you.

Um, hey, y'all. I totally found this on Cracked today and thought I'd share it.

It's called Click To Cure.

Basically, it's a whole bunch of images of cancer cells, and you classify them according to the prompts. It's supposed to help researchers condense a lot of work into a lot less time through the help of bored people on the Internet. I'm bookmarking the page for when I don't feel like doing anything (which happens often). Maybe y'all might want to, too?

What an interesting find with which to help evangelize and bring the kingdom of fuck you to the infidels. Very cool, and thanks.

Reminds me a little of the SETI project. All hail the power of the interpipes!

Cancer has taken several people I love, including my mom and, most recently, two very dear friends in the same week. I haven't posted here because, I guess, anger isn't what comes to me - though that might change if I were diagnosed, lol.

But I wanted to stop in and post something for SW. These are words from one of the loved ones I've lost. I may have posted them before but I think they're some of the best I've ever heard on this subject. SW, I'll keep sending the love the and healing thoughts, and anything else you need. :rose:

On being diagnosed with Stage 4 cancer:

#1 for me is to not depend on only the medical community to be responsible for my future. In my own challenge, I have at times welcomed the medical advice; other times declined their recommendations when I sensed that the treatments were not right for me at the time. How do I make these choices? Generally I try to access an "inner voice" within myself to sort out not only my medical needs but my emotional needs as well. Early on, I worked on accepting peace with the concept of not surviving and the possibility of moving on to another state. Of course, my preference is to have more time on this side and I don't mean to sound cavalier about dying. I definitely have a preference to "beat" this medical challenge, but if it is not to be, I know that another state will be all right.

#2 is to not attempt to fight this thing alone. I have called in every level of support I can dream up. Prayer warriors, spiritual facilitators (fortunately I have a sister who is "the best" in this area), nutrition and detox authorities, medical gurus, cosmic guardians, ect, etc. I think it is vital to spend some moments of every day in meditation/prayer/ect. to not only seek support but more importantly to express gratitude for the many gifts we experience every day.

#3 is to accept a revised philosophy of life, which is now simply stated as "Some day is THIS day." In other words, I attempt to live my life as fully as possible under the circumstance every moment I am not with the medical people. When I walk out the door of the Doctor's office, I try to go to do something that revs me up. That has included going straight to a guitar lesson, out to my boat, back to an adventure in Mexico (which I once had to interrupt to go see the doctor --I actually traveled 1600 miles round trip on a Mexican bus to keep a doctors appointment in Los Angeles and then returned to my beach house in Mexico) or anything else that humors my wife or myself.

While I realize this was intended for SW, K, I call it stellar advice indeed - for anyone.

Thanks.

I really don't want to hijack this thread and center its focus on me, but at the moment, I don't know where else to post updates for those who have expressed their concern and good wishes, and I'm not really comfortable with starting up another vanity thread, so please forgive me for whatever hijacking I've done/am doing, and feel free to suggest other venues if you wish.

We met with the oncologist yesterday afternoon. He reminds me more than a little of a slightly chubby Mr. Miyagi (Pat Morita in “Karate Kid”) - a little disheveled but very personable, and a reassuring sense of competency underlying everything.

After we did a brief synopsis of what happened when, and what diagnoses had been proposed, un-proposed, suggested, decided, etc., he said (essentially), well, maybe the delays were a better thing than they might otherwise have been, because this type of brain cancer is usually very aggressive and fast-growing, but in my case the scans show little aggression, little growth, and that suggests to him that we have a somewhat better than usual shot at this thing, so we’re starting out on a pretty positive note.

We agreed that the best path is to begin simultaneous radiation and chemotherapy treatments as soon as possible – about four weeks after the surgery (which was two weeks ago today). So once all the arrangements have been made, she’ll be running me up to some place near there on Sundays for me to stay in town for the weekdays (treatment every day, M-F), and come back up on Friday after she gets off work to bring me home for the weekend so the cats and dog don’t forget who I am. We’re hoping to set something up with one of her friends in the area (she used to live there) to store my car there over the weekends so it’s available to me for what around-town driving I may need to do during the week.

If at all possible, I’ll be using part(s) of those weekdays, before and/or after daily treatments, to get some work done and keep a few dollars flowing in to help offset some of the additional costs of us being in separate households most of the week. Of course, that depends on how the chemo and radiation treatments affect me – e.g., nausea, tiredness, etc. - but there have been a lot of advancements in cancer treatment over the last 20-30 years, and in anti-nausea meds to go along with the treatments, so I’m going to keep a positive attitude that things are going to be – at worst – tolerable and will allow me to get a couple-few hours a day of work in.

So… overall, a pretty positive outcome to yesterday’s consultation, and we’re looking forward to moving forward and kicking this thing’s ass.

.... These are words from one of the loved ones I've lost. I may have posted them before but I think they're some of the best I've ever heard on this subject. SW, I'll keep sending the love the and healing thoughts, and anything else you need. :rose:

While I realize this was intended for SW, K, I call it stellar advice indeed - for anyone.

Thanks.
Yes, it is stellar advice. My thanks to your friend for writing it, and to you for sharing it with us, and also for the love and healing thoughts.

Best wishes, SirWinston, as well as anyone else dealing with cancer and its treatment. FWIW, SW, I don't see you trying to take over the thread.

PS, as usual, FYC, you rat bastard.

Sir W, I wish you all the very best with the treatments. A friend recently went through chemo and said that beetroot juice helps the nausea no end. He is now 3 years clear of a very aggressive lung cancer.

I need to add a huge fuck you muscular distrophy. A 19yr old that I work with has been diagnosed this week. He just got accepted into college. It isn't fair.

Interesting about beetroot juice being used for nausea. First I've heard of it and I administer a cancer related fb group, but it's been a while since my radiation, and because the rad targeted my abdominal area I probably would not have tolerated the br juice at the time. That being said if something works and you've done your research and there's little if any side effects, I say go for it.

hijacking, smyjacking!
I think we don't mind. I know me, myself and I don't.I asked them. Oh, they all say Hi, fuck you cancer, and they are doing some obscure prayer ceremony for you....i hope it doesn't involve animal sacrafice...i hate that....they never clean up.
Kick its ass, SW.

Thank you, everyone, for your words of cheer and hope. We appreciate it so much!

This congregation will raise a mighty FYC unto the Heavens! Can I get an Amen, brothers and sisters??? Can I get a big fuck you????

Amen.

I want to say a special "fuck you" to our special guest and asshole, muscular distrophy, who is with us today in the back pew. Welcome, and fuck you!

Please fill out one of our visitor cards so that we can send you a special fuck you greeting and add you to our gofuckyourself newsletter.

Today's sermon is called "Is posting about one's cancer treatments, and associated struggles, thoughts, worries, triumphs and general personal fuckyouness tantamount to "hijacking" the thread?"

I have done a great deal of prayerful reflection on this, and I have a rather comprehensive and verbose sermon to deliver today:

"No."

We will now rise for the hymn, "Amazing Rage."

Thank you, everyone, for your words of cheer and hope. We appreciate it so much!

You are welcome. Sign up to buy a giant foam middle finger with "FYC" from the youth group, and support their mission trip to Fuckyoussippi.

(I know this stretch with the chemo and rad and the driving and the separation will be tough. Maybe a McDonald's run before any potential nausea?)

This congregation will raise a mighty FYC unto the Heavens! Can I get an Amen, brothers and sisters??? Can I get a big fuck you????

Amen.

I want to say a special "fuck you" to our special guest and asshole, muscular distrophy, who is with us today in the back pew. Welcome, and fuck you!

Please fill out one of our visitor cards so that we can send you a special fuck you greeting and add you to our gofuckyourself newsletter.

Today's sermon is called "Is posting about one's cancer treatments, and associated struggles, thoughts, worries, triumphs and general personal fuckyouness tantamount to "hijacking" the thread?"

I have done a great deal of prayerful reflection on this, and I have a rather comprehensive and verbose sermon to deliver today:

"No."

We will now rise for the hymn, "Amazing Rage."

You are welcome. Sign up to buy a giant foam middle finger with "FYC" from the youth group, and support their mission trip to Fuckyoussippi.

(I know this stretch with the chemo and rad and the driving and the separation will be tough. Maybe a McDonald's run before any potential nausea?)

You rock.

I really don't want to hijack this thread and center its focus on me, but at the moment, I don't know where else to post updates for those who have expressed their concern and good wishes, and I'm not really comfortable with starting up another vanity thread, so please forgive me for whatever hijacking I've done/am doing, and feel free to suggest other venues if you wish.

We met with the oncologist yesterday afternoon. He reminds me more than a little of a slightly chubby Mr. Miyagi (Pat Morita in “Karate Kid”) - a little disheveled but very personable, and a reassuring sense of competency underlying everything.

After we did a brief synopsis of what happened when, and what diagnoses had been proposed, un-proposed, suggested, decided, etc., he said (essentially), well, maybe the delays were a better thing than they might otherwise have been, because this type of brain cancer is usually very aggressive and fast-growing, but in my case the scans show little aggression, little growth, and that suggests to him that we have a somewhat better than usual shot at this thing, so we’re starting out on a pretty positive note.

We agreed that the best path is to begin simultaneous radiation and chemotherapy treatments as soon as possible – about four weeks after the surgery (which was two weeks ago today). So once all the arrangements have been made, she’ll be running me up to some place near there on Sundays for me to stay in town for the weekdays (treatment every day, M-F), and come back up on Friday after she gets off work to bring me home for the weekend so the cats and dog don’t forget who I am. We’re hoping to set something up with one of her friends in the area (she used to live there) to store my car there over the weekends so it’s available to me for what around-town driving I may need to do during the week.

If at all possible, I’ll be using part(s) of those weekdays, before and/or after daily treatments, to get some work done and keep a few dollars flowing in to help offset some of the additional costs of us being in separate households most of the week. Of course, that depends on how the chemo and radiation treatments affect me – e.g., nausea, tiredness, etc. - but there have been a lot of advancements in cancer treatment over the last 20-30 years, and in anti-nausea meds to go along with the treatments, so I’m going to keep a positive attitude that things are going to be – at worst – tolerable and will allow me to get a couple-few hours a day of work in.

So… overall, a pretty positive outcome to yesterday’s consultation, and we’re looking forward to moving forward and kicking this thing’s ass.

*Big big BIG hugs* Sir Winston!

I am sending prayers, thoughts, crossed fingers, anything and everything your way! :rose:

GreenEyes, you are a great FYC leader!

FYC

I nominate DeepGreenEyes as Ambassador to the Fuck You Cancer Movement!

Last edited:
Back