A Scorpio Story Stash

marauder13

a lecherous old bastard
Joined
Mar 8, 2009
Posts
7,322
Well, it has finally happened. My thread list has grown to the point where I can't list them all in my sig file as I have been.

So, here is the abbreviated list of the threads I am involved in. I'll be adding posts later to explain them a little more. They are listed in no particular order.


Surrender to the Legions with YoungLisa
Byzantium's Bane with DarkEmpress
Along the Path Yet Revealed with Britwitch
Nothing Like Old Times with Britwitch
The Lure of Darkness with MsAphrodite
MY will be done. with MsAphrodite
Periclitatio Serva with MsAphrodite
The Bull with Britwitch
Royal Machinations with wideeyedone
The Hunt with TieMeTightly
Widdershins 'Round the Fae Fire with Luna_Wolf72
Magic's Reluctant Bride with AngelofDeath
When In Rome with heartofcourage
They Came, They Saw, They Didn't Conquer with heartofcourage
An Unexpected Journey. with DarkWarrioress
A Debt Paid with RainingHeat
Prey with PollySays
Lover of Antiquity with AngelofDeath
Teaching Emily with lonelycollegegirl
Yesterdays and Tomorrows with Mephistophelily
We Came in Peace, For All Mankind with ScifiFangirl
For the Greater Good with EuphoricDysphoria

Group Threads

Inactive Threads can be found here
 
Last edited:
That's very impressive. Lots of writers I admire in that list too. I have subscribed to one or three. Glad you're having fun. :rose:
 
I thought this was your idea thread, and was excited to find out what marvelous ideas you were cooking up, M13.

Kicks a couple stones on the ground petulantly.
Now I'm dissapointed.

Oh well, with that many active threads you really don't need an idea thread anyway.

Oh and takes a look at the list and falls over exhausted just reading it let alone how actually tiring RPing in all of those would make a mortal RPer.:D

Edit--this was probably a good idea, M13, I've been looking for more threads you've done to read up on. Now which one first...let's see. Eenie, meenie, minie, moe...ah that one.
 
Last edited:
Thank you everyone for your comments so far.

Veroe, sorry to disappoint you with the thought that this was an idea thread. It may include them at some stage. Normally, when I do get an idea, it is with someone in particular in mind, and then I sound out the other person to see if they are interested, and then the thread goes live.

A majority of the threads I am involved with are someone else's idea, and I have either been invited to take part, or I have approached them.

Mind you, I have also thought of adding in threads that I have been involved in in the past, which have now ceased for whatever reasons. I still might do it, just for interest's sake.
 
Thank you everyone for your comments so far.

Veroe, sorry to disappoint you with the thought that this was an idea thread. It may include them at some stage. Normally, when I do get an idea, it is with someone in particular in mind, and then I sound out the other person to see if they are interested, and then the thread goes live.

A majority of the threads I am involved with are someone else's idea, and I have either been invited to take part, or I have approached them.

Mind you, I have also thought of adding in threads that I have been involved in in the past, which have now ceased for whatever reasons. I still might do it, just for interest's sake.

Don't worry, I'm already over the dissapointment-hence the edit.

Ummm...just out of curiosity, which ones on the list were your ideas?
 
Entirely mine are

Byzantium's Bane with DarkEmpress
Along the Path Yet Revealed with Britwitch
The Long, Dark Path with Lady_of_Roses


Ones that were born of a collaboration with the other writer(s)

Taking Online Offline with Monique_Minx
Hey, babe... take a walk on the wild side. with laceandcogs
Nothing Like Old Times with Britwitch
The Lure of Darkness with MsAphrodite
Just Neighbourly with Ladythunder
Adam's Rib with ShyMystica
Her Loving Shadow with Daydream_weaver
Corporate Bonds with Ausus_girl13 and Fira

All the others were the ones I jumped in on :)
 
Last edited:
Good to see this exalted list finally up.

And for the record Ahren, it isn't about having free time. He has at least one writer on that list who is a complete slacker and lost her confidence in writing. I still wonder why that story is on that list.

*wanders back to the real world*

Edit: I did mean it sincerely. I have been bugging him to put up this list for ages now...so I am delighted to see it up. *hugs tightly*
 
Last edited:
Well it kind of is. Gotta be doing multiple posts a day and he writes long posts. Not saying that like it bothers me or anything. I just know I could never handle that many threads. Even 3 is pushing it.
 
It's good to see your list up M, and an impressive one it is. It's good to be a part of it. :rose:
 
Ahren, if you wrote with M, you'd know he is only online late at night and he very rarely manages one post everyday straight let alone several. He tends to make co writers wait and we do cause he's fucking brilliant (occasionally to the point of frustration). No, I am not back. Don't get excited, I'm spying with my phone. Oh but I am getting wireless net for work in two weeks as a temporary solution since i need the net for my new job. M, i actually have a reply ready to go for Offline but fuck doing it on this thing, my thumbs will dettach in protest! Oh and cause i got a new phone (not number) i might have missed txts from you cause its being weird lately. So if i don't reply, I didn't receive it. I'm out of here! See you all in two weeks! ;)
 
Every now and again, something pops up from the depths of my imagination that I feel would make a good story. A little earlier today, just such an idea occurred. It is to be considered a first, rough draft, and will be refined over time as I get further inspiration.

Please note: To the best of my knowledge, only a few pieces mentioned here actually exist in the real world. The rest are creations of my imagination, drawn on a wide number of sources.

~||~​

The Truth? What's that?

Dr Callum Henry has spent the past 15 years working on a diagnostic device to help medical professionals better deal with people who have mental health issues. He managed to pull together technologies from a diverse range of sources. With the completion of the Paul Allen Brain Map along with accumulated data, advances in bioinformatics, raw computer power, low level EMR detection techniques and new pharmaceutical products permits him, and his team, to make a machine that helps to pinpoint areas in the brain that are malfunctioning, and allow real time investigation of how different techniques assist a patient.

One junior member of the team (my character) was conducting his own theoretical research on the capability of the new technology. He was able to determine that with the proper controls, the EMR detection equipment would also induce a change in the electrical impulses. The machine had accumulated immense amounts of raw data, that included new synaptic connections forming. He studied the information, and using some lab animals that were no longer deemed viable for true research, he was able to work out how to manipulate a brain to have memories and even some reasoning capabilities not seen before in the subject.

Through some clever hacking, and a couple of sessions with Dr Henry in the "chair", the project was closed down, but the machinery was left until such a time as a more trustworthy project leader could be found. The man responsible for the project's shut down also managed to get the task of mothballing the technology, which also included ensuring that all the required documentation and data were properly organized and stored.

Of course, it would take a long time, and require the occasional powering up of the system to verify what he was doing. :devil:

Being the nerdy type that he is, he had very little time to socialize, let alone date, so rather than go through the tedious process of finding someone to match his personality and desires, he would make someone match them.

~||~​

Of course, the leading lady in the thread would be the target of his affections, and manipulations. Of course, the techniques involved are not 100% accurate, so there is scope for some interesting side effects as he tinkers with her brain, thinking and memories. For an overall direction, it could go anywhere, and that would be up to negotiation and general collaboration.
 
Last edited:
Reserved to list some planned threads discussed with other writers

Well, I sat down and ran through my list of threads that I have talked about with other writers, and I have more or less penciled in some cases. I might also expand on the threads in question, giving some ideas on what they are about. Again, that will be with the other writers' OK.

For example, Britwitch has twisted my arm to do one thread of hers, called Hillbreck Farm. She's had a couple of goes at it, but she is holding off until I can have a go at it.

In return, she has given her agreement to take part in a thread called, at the moment, The Bull.

Alana_ and I have two thread ideas on hold. One I wont mention at this stage ( yes, I am a tease ), while the other is one of Alana_'s ideas that will be quite a challenge for me, but should be an interesting tale all the same.

I have about another 3 or 4, but I wont say anything about them just yet, as I am not sure how the other writers would feel about me mentioning them at this time.

I have also seen many other interesting ideas from many other writers that I would like to try doing threads with... but, so much talent out there and not enough time to dedicate to it.

But if I win a million dollars or so, then I will have the time :D
 
Last edited:
Reserved to list no longer active threads and links to them

Just a few, huh? All ceased for various reasons, or on pauses that they may, or may not, come back from.

I have this nagging suspicion that I might have missed a thread... Well, if I find it, I will add it later.


Finished
In the Heat of the Night
An Impossible Blunder with Alana_
Away from the world... with Britwitch


On hiatus, may restart later ( I hope )
The Coltish Beauty with Naturestrikes
The Long, Dark Path with Lady_of_Roses
Just Neighbourly with Ladythunder
Adam's Rib with ShyMystica
Her Loving Shadow with Daydream_weaver
Apocalypse: Hellhounds with ScifiFanGirl
The Queen's Sacrifice with Zydrate
It's Warmer in the Basement with Sweet_Secrets
Return to Heaven with DemureDryad
Immoral Counseling with fuckmeat
Pooka blues and motley crews... with laceandcogs
Hey, babe... take a walk on the wild side. with laceandcogs
Fringe Benefits with laceandcogs
The Root of All Evil with sallythescorpion
The Lounge with DarkEmpress
Falling for the unknown with princesssexci
Denizens of Drevor with BriefcaseRonin
Vengeance's Thrall with Lots_Daughter
I've got sunshine...on a cloudy day. with laceandcogs
The Aeronauts with Hikari
Man of Her Dreams with Mephistophelily
Taking Online Offline with Monique_Minx



Group Threads
Corporate Bonds with Ausus_girl13 and Fira
Malá Strana with Lady_Mornington, Britwitch and daedalus_x


No longer active, probably never to restart :(

Enter Darkness
False Memories
My, What Big Teeth You Have...
Witness Protection: A Stray Angel
Selling herself
Handsome Heart
Living Together
Looking to get Laid
It began that day
New Path
Her Teacher, Her Hero
Her Bestest Friend
The Recession Strikes
Training Days
Dual Occupancy....? A High School Story
The New Co-Host
Spoils of War
Alone in the world
Her Royal Highness and Warrior
-Last Stop At Dead Man's Corner-
Another of Life's Surprises
Rebirth.....
Stalked.
Johara
Offering
Obey Thy Master
Just One More Question
The Wild Lands
Eternally Yours with Angeltears
Planet of the Slaves with angelique127
Flotsam with Darkwarrioress
Prequel to a Nightmare in Heaven.. with Alana_
My Letter To You with trudee



Group Threads
Hunting Delilah
Potential
Dominance
Riding Cowboys in the Wild West
You can't take the skies from me.
Clue: The Great Sexcapade
Rise of the Clans
Fantasia
Monster Academy with Mephistophelily, HookerBoots, Armphid, Eazy, Drunken_Angel, NessaCary, VampiricTouch, KittenofDeath and possibly others :)

Active Group Threads that I am no longer active in
The Vassal Academy.
 
Last edited:
That's what I was looking for before, M13.

Hooray. Good luck on the new idea.
 
Another Idea, of sorts.

I am a fan of the original White Wolf Role Playing Game Mage: The Ascension. It covers a lot of material that I am drawn to on a personal level, as well a giving my imagination the chance to run wild. Of course, the ability to bend reality into a pretzel shape and not have my character's brains sprayed all over the nearest wall is also fun too. If I manage to pull it off, of course.

Traditions, Technocrats, Nephandi and Marauders ( no, I got the marauder handle about a decade before this game was first published ) all doing what they feel is best for the world, regardless of what the world thinks.

Occult, monsters, Hyper-Technology, weird science, conspiracies and a war over how people think.

One day, with the right person, there would be much fun to be had.
 
Look at this... yet another idea. This was born from some conversations with another Litster. Again, this is more of a setting for other ideas, rather than an idea itself.

Purity.

This setting is in the future. How far? Well, that is still up in the air.

News cast made on a monumental day in Human History...

The Terran Government passed the controversial “Genetic and Cybernetic Enhancement Registration Bill” by a substantial margin. All of the measures included within the Bill were passed, including the new legal definition of what constitutes a human being. The Law will come into full effect within the next thirty days, with a ninety day period of reduced penalties before the Law comes into the fullest effect.

With the passage of the Bill, citizens will be placed into specific segments of society dependent on the amount of enhancements made. Each new social class will have restrictions involving access to public places and facilities, career paths and Government services. Fraudulent declarations of the degree of enhancements will be punished dependent on the scope of the violation.

Opponents of the Bill have labeled it illegal, as it strips citizens of the Terran Confederation of their basic rights as detailed under the Constitution. “This law undermines everything the Confederation stands for, attacking the very thing that makes the Confederation – Its citizens. What gives (the Government) the right to tell someone who has had cybernetic enhancements to enable them to live a normal life, that their rights are reduced by the very elements that makes their life livable? What of the paraplegics that have had cybernetic implants to correct what normal medical science could not? Someone who has been given a normal life only to have it taken away. Now people have to weigh up if such procedures are worth the associated losses of their inherent rights.”

“This is a classic example of how extremists are trying to side track the main issues of this Law,” a well known supporter of the Bill commented. “All this talk of people loosing their rights due to enhancements is complete idiocy. People have legitimate reasons for enhancements to deal with life threatening issues. Those people will have their treatments authenticated, and will be exempt from the provisions of the Law. But it is the increasing weight of evidence that taken to the extreme, enhancements pose a danger to not only the individual, but society as a whole. We need to ensure that everyone is not threatened by these advances.”

Of course, the one element of the Bill that causes the most contention is the “Humanity Definition” provision. Where enhancements or genetic modifications reach a certain limit, the individual is no longer viewed as a human being, and therefore hasn't the protection of the Constitution. This would make it virtually easy for them to be enslaved, killed or even abused in any manner thought of, without any course of legal redress.

In other news...



In this world, human cloning, cybernetic implants and genetic manipulation is common enough for the normal man or woman to access. However, there are problems that have been corrected through the "best of all possible means" - legislation. This, in turn, has made lots of people happy, and lots of people angry. I feel that the scope for stories here is quite substantial. There are so many different ways he characters can start out, and the directions that they can take.
 
-I hope you don't mind my brain dump in here. Since you posted up your half, I thought it might be a place to throw in my lot. Not that I have the capability to write any of this at the moment, (nor the plot or character) but for future ideas to play with should you find the cowriter to orchestrate a story or when I get over this bout of writers burnout. Take what you like, throw out what you don't. -

It was the year 2XXX, when Dr. Fortinbras and his team came forth with the first human-animal hybrid creation, that marked the milestone in human technology. The original motive had been purely scientific, however reality is rarely as kind.

Since then, numerous resources were poured into these facets of eugenics. Advancements to the point such that cloning and certain manipulation and splicing of genes could be done. Hybrids were created, as well as pure clones of original DNA. Age accelerants were developed to speed up the aging process of Artificial Creations and a small market for DNA donors opened up.

Natural environments rapidly wasted away under the pollution created from these research explorations. After-all, why bother preserving species of animals when they could be created, modified, and made 'better' in the labs?

Those with power quickly immersed themselves into a science that would rapidly spiral towards depravity. Few could afford the service, but those who could, would create 'Spares'. In the case of an accident, a clone already prepared could be harvested and used to repair the original without risk of surgical rejection. Should the original body be so damaged (but still alive) as to be beyond repair, a brain transplant could be done to give the human a completely functional body.

Perhaps the only saving grace of these Artificial Creations was that they were sterile. Tampered DNA combined with the labs made it impossible for these beings to reproduce... and at the same time made them a perfect outlet for prostitution. Hybrids quickly became a collectible for the wealthy as creations that only existed within the imagination surfaced into reality. Angels, fairies, demons, mermaids, - at least the resemblance of these mythical beings- and more floated into a market that was quickly shut down, only to become the newest addition within the black market.

Naturalists, or Human Rights movements stepped up to the playing field to finally bar the research and creation of such anomalies. Further instating laws to protect the 'original' DNA donor and take away the rights of ACs. After all, who could call these beings - with tails and wings and paws - human? Hybrids rapidly became a scape goat in politics. Raised in the test-tubes, few understood the extent of the abuse they were subjected to. Their understanding of the world would only extend to what the scientists or future owners taught them. Perhaps it was this that relegated more power to a growing black market and a rapidly corrupting government.

It was the age of Genetic Sodom.

-end thought-
 
Last edited:
Look at this... yet another idea. This was born from some conversations with another Litster. Again, this is more of a setting for other ideas, rather than an idea itself.

Purity.

This setting is in the future. How far? Well, that is still up in the air.

News cast made on a monumental day in Human History...

The Terran Government passed the controversial “Genetic and Cybernetic Enhancement Registration Bill” by a substantial margin. All of the measures included within the Bill were passed, including the new legal definition of what constitutes a human being. The Law will come into full effect within the next thirty days, with a ninety day period of reduced penalties before the Law comes into the fullest effect.

With the passage of the Bill, citizens will be placed into specific segments of society dependent on the amount of enhancements made. Each new social class will have restrictions involving access to public places and facilities, career paths and Government services. Fraudulent declarations of the degree of enhancements will be punished dependent on the scope of the violation.

Opponents of the Bill have labeled it illegal, as it strips citizens of the Terran Confederation of their basic rights as detailed under the Constitution. “This law undermines everything the Confederation stands for, attacking the very thing that makes the Confederation – Its citizens. What gives (the Government) the right to tell someone who has had cybernetic enhancements to enable them to live a normal life, that their rights are reduced by the very elements that makes their life livable? What of the paraplegics that have had cybernetic implants to correct what normal medical science could not? Someone who has been given a normal life only to have it taken away. Now people have to weigh up if such procedures are worth the associated losses of their inherent rights.”

“This is a classic example of how extremists are trying to side track the main issues of this Law,” a well known supporter of the Bill commented. “All this talk of people loosing their rights due to enhancements is complete idiocy. People have legitimate reasons for enhancements to deal with life threatening issues. Those people will have their treatments authenticated, and will be exempt from the provisions of the Law. But it is the increasing weight of evidence that taken to the extreme, enhancements pose a danger to not only the individual, but society as a whole. We need to ensure that everyone is not threatened by these advances.”

Of course, the one element of the Bill that causes the most contention is the “Humanity Definition” provision. Where enhancements or genetic modifications reach a certain limit, the individual is no longer viewed as a human being, and therefore hasn't the protection of the Constitution. This would make it virtually easy for them to be enslaved, killed or even abused in any manner thought of, without any course of legal redress.

In other news...



In this world, human cloning, cybernetic implants and genetic manipulation is common enough for the normal man or woman to access. However, there are problems that have been corrected through the "best of all possible means" - legislation. This, in turn, has made lots of people happy, and lots of people angry. I feel that the scope for stories here is quite substantial. There are so many different ways he characters can start out, and the directions that they can take.

This looks like fun.
 
I've gone through and updated the posts containing the active and none active lists. A few new threads have started since the last time I updated.

The Root of All Evil with sallythescorpion
Immoral Counseling with fuckmeat
The Lounge with DarkEmpress

I have also removed those threads that are no longer active, for various reasons.
 
Back
Top