Wanted: Positive Male Sexuality

You could try this one from me.

The male character has his shit together and is not a perv, bad boy, super stud, or on the make so to speak. He does have a little baggage but it is not found out until near the end and I would not classify it as emotionally damaged. His issue lends well to the story.

It is in mature and the male is much older so if that is a turn off then maybe you won;t like it. It is the younger woman who eventually takes it to the next level however.

http://www.literotica.com/s/karma-7

Are you an asshole? Page 1 about a fat alcoholic nicotine stained landlord attempting to extort sexual favors from a desperate tenant using aggression. That was supposed to be a positive depiction of male sexuality?

I'm going to assume her knight in shining armor is about to show up and rescue her, but I won't read anymore because you just pissed me off recommending a story the exact opposite of what I asked to read.

Try reading past that part. It sets the tone for the entire story and the girl ends up telling the guy to fuck off.

You also mentioned "the male" as in the male interest not every character in the story.

Maybe you should have some patience.

Last edited:
I actually think just about all of mine would satisfy those requirements. I find I can't write men as you describe, unless they are some kind of secondary character or an outright villain.

If you do read any, I might suggest you start with the lighter ones, like "Christmas Creep" (the title is a bit misleading, sorry; it's not about someone who is a creep), "Unexpected Gifts," "The Relationship Business" (perhaps not my best but I think it's fun), and for non-holiday ones, you could try "Silver, Blue & Gold," and "Make a Wish" (my earliest, probably with many flaws, but hey...).

http://www.literotica.com/stories/memberpage.php?uid=1075512&page=submissions

Are you an asshole? Page 1 about a fat alcoholic nicotine stained landlord attempting to extort sexual favors from a desperate tenant using aggression. That was supposed to be a positive depiction of male sexuality?

I'm going to assume her knight in shining armor is about to show up and rescue her, but I won't read anymore because you just pissed me off recommending a story the exact opposite of what I asked to read.

Finish the story. :) I've read it. It's not what you think from that first bit. And no, that particular part isn't meant to be positive, just an example of a bad person.

I liked LC's Karma story. LC has a way with character description. Pretty realistic, and the story has a few humorous scenes as well. LC's stories that are non-femdom and M-F tend to be romantic, and lighter reading, which is a nice change from a lot of Lit stories. But you have to read past the nicotine-stained creeps at the beginning. :)

Last edited:

Quite welcome.

I liked LC's Karma story. LC has a way with character description. Pretty realistic, and the story has a few humorous scenes as well. LC's stories that are non-femdom and M-F tend to be romantic, and lighter reading, which is a nice change from a lot of Lit stories. But you have to read past the nicotine-stained creeps at the beginning. :)

It's always a good idea to read past the nicotine-stained creeps, don't you think? ;)

But I agree. Many stories start out with a bad situation, at least bad for the main character(s) and goes up from there. It provides a starting point and a contrast for later good situations. You need to put a little faith in the writer, but how much is up to you. (My limit is usually, in print at least, 150 pages.)

Quite welcome.

It's always a good idea to read past the nicotine-stained creeps, don't you think? ;)

But I agree. Many stories start out with a bad situation, at least bad for the main character(s) and goes up from there. It provides a starting point and a contrast for later good situations. You need to put a little faith in the writer, but how much is up to you. (My limit is usually, in print at least, 150 pages.)

150 pages!?!??!? Holy crap, you are way more lenient than I am. If I last 30 pages in something I think is bad, that's a miracle.

In video games, we have this thing called The First 15 Minutes - where you have to capture the players interest in the game within 15 minutes of them putting the cartridge in, putting the disc in or starting the game on IOS. You literally have that long before they lose interest and go try something else.

So you can't spend it in menu's, deciding a character name and hair style. And what you show them had better a) wow them and b) be indicative of what the rest of the game is. If you give them a fantastic first 15 minutes and then the gameplay of the rest of the game isn't up to that standard, it's just as bad as giving them shit for the first 15 and holding all your great stuff for the middle.

I think books are exactly the same. The concept that "You need to give it a chance" or "You need to read past that, because then it gets good" is BS. It just is. I don't have to do anything, and if you, the author, is relying on that, then you've failed. It's your job to keep me interested - if you've billed a story a specific way, and it takes pages and pages before it gets to that, then yeah, I'd say you've failed, because quite a lot of readers will have gravitated away before it gets to that. All you've really accomplished is to disaffect a lot of readers, who haven't read 'the good bit' and almost certainly never will, nor will they give you the chance again. I'll never read another page by Dan Brown, for example.

It's entirely possible for authors to be too clever by half. I have no idea if that is the case here, since I've not read it. My point is more generic than specific I think.

150 pages!?!??!? Holy crap, you are way more lenient than I am. If I last 30 pages in something I think is bad, that's a miracle.

I'm not sure how I came to that conclusion. I just noticed at one point that if the book hadn't gotten me by about p150, then it woudn't. And some of it is just me, in that I hate to give up on a book. I was never a big Anne McCaffrey fan, for example, but I read many of her books because I kept thinking the next one would get me. OTOH, I never got past p150 in the three times I attempted to read "The Hunt for Red October."

I think books are exactly the same. The concept that "You need to give it a chance" or "You need to read past that, because then it gets good" is BS. It just is. I don't have to do anything, and if you, the author, is relying on that, then you've failed. It's your job to keep me interested - if you've billed a story a specific way, and it takes pages and pages before it gets to that, then yeah, I'd say you've failed, because quite a lot of readers will have gravitated away before it gets to that. All you've really accomplished is to disaffect a lot of readers, who haven't read 'the good bit' and almost certainly never will, nor will they give you the chance again. I'll never read another page by Dan Brown, for example.

God willing, neither will I on that last bit. :) Although sometimes there's that morbid curiosity...

Anyway. While I agree that the author needs to snag the reader, I also think if a reader is looking for something particular, then they need to give a story a chance. In this particular instance, with LC's story, the story starts off with this situation and (I believe) it is supposed to make you sympathize with or root for the main character because she, in fact, does *not* give in to the extortion.

Many if not most stories do *not* start off with exactly what the plot is or what the reader is looking for or thinks it may be about. The author has to set things up. So again, in this case with the OP looking for stories with good portrayals of men and male sexuality, yes, you do need to go past the first scene. I'm not saying you have to like it but you do need to put things in some context.

Now if the reader finds that scene objectionable or boring on other counts, that's different.

I see this as a bit of a two-way street, I guess. Yes, the author needs to interest me. But I also need to have some faith in the author to get where they're going. I have limits there, but I will give a little benefit of the doubt.

But not to Dan Brown.

It's entirely possible for authors to be too clever by half. I have no idea if that is the case here, since I've not read it. My point is more generic than specific I think.

That's not the case here, but I do get your point. There's nothing overly clever (and I mean that in a good way) about this story opening. It's not meant to subvert expectations or whatever. It's just the first scene where you meet your main character and find out what she's made of.

In video games, we have this thing called The First 15 Minutes - where you have to capture the players interest in the game within 15 minutes of them putting the cartridge in, putting the disc in or starting the game on IOS. You literally have that long before they lose interest and go try something else.

So you can't spend it in menu's, deciding a character name and hair style. And what you show them had better a) wow them and b) be indicative of what the rest of the game is. If you give them a fantastic first 15 minutes and then the gameplay of the rest of the game isn't up to that standard, it's just as bad as giving them shit for the first 15 and holding all your great stuff for the middle.

Video games and books are apples and oranges.

Video games are about doing something, you play a video game. So yes it needs to get off and running because the average video game player, especially kids, have the attention span of a gnat unless they are being constantly stimulated.

Reading is about relaxing and escaping into a story. If a story gets off and running too quickly its not that much of a story, especially in erotica where the trick is you know these people are going to hook up(or it would not be erotica) but how do they get there?

I have two stories that I would call romances although they are both in mature. One is 8 pages one is 7

Both are 4.85 and in the top ten all time in Mature.

Everyone has their likes and dislikes, I write the way I write and no one has to read it.

My wife is a motivational speaker and has a book published whose tag line "The Joy is in the Journey" and that is how I feel about reading/writing. movies and I guess you can toss video games in there as well is for me, I enjoy a long interesting ride, not an abrupt "ta-da"

But for this discussion I feel the OP jumped the gun a bit that scene is over fairly quick and the perv never gets what he wants.

I've worked myself into a bad mental place. I need to read a story or stories with the following characteristics:

1) The male character is not a jerk, wimp, or rapist
2) The male character is not mentally or emotionally broken
3) The male character is not cuckolded
4) The male character has satisfying sex
5) Pursuit of the woman is not a major component of the story
6) The woman is satisfied and lustful for the male character
7) Male sexuality is not depicted as depraved, perverted, dirty, or threatening
8) The male character is not a fool
9) The male character is not a parody (no Casanova or Conan or Prince Charming or Superman)
10) Sexual double standard is not the primary plot driver
11) The male character is not a mere accessory for the female in the spotlight.

Does such a story exist at Literotica? Of course it does. I've written a few (poorly received). I need to read more, but I've had a run of bad luck with stories that leave me irrationally mad at the whole male gender. I need some stories that treat male sexuality and sexual satisfaction in a wholesome sex-positive way.

Any suggested stories?

I tried that with my 'Cathy' Stories -that I'm going to finish this year. I think I ticked most of your boxes.

I've worked myself into a bad mental place. I need to read a story or stories with the following characteristics:

9) The male character is not a parody (no Casanova or Conan or Prince Charming or Superman)

Does such a story exist at Literotica? Of course it does. I've written a few (poorly received). I need to read more, but I've had a run of bad luck with stories that leave me irrationally mad at the whole male gender. I need some stories that treat male sexuality and sexual satisfaction in a wholesome sex-positive way.

Any suggested stories?

As a matter of fact there is with the exception of number 2.
Meet Harry Hill and 'Chosen Mate'
let me know what you think.

I think books are exactly the same. The concept that "You need to give it a chance" or "You need to read past that, because then it gets good" is BS. It just is.

Not really. The fiction arc involves setting a dilemma. Many dilemmas are pretty rough. You may encounter a lot of stories that set backstory or mood or character before the dilemma, but that isn't necessarily good--and it isn't the current trend in writing storylines that do well in the marketplace. Typically now you start with action, involving either the main dilemma or a minor one. So the start of a story currently popular in the marketplace very likely will start out in the rough.

I give a book more than 150 pages to pan out. I almost always finish it no matter how unimpressed I am with it. Otherwise it can't go on the completed list, and, since I've been in a competition with my wife since before we got married on annual listed book reads, once started, a book really has to be a dud for me to put it down.

Last edited:
Not really. The fiction arc involves setting a dilemma. Many dilemmas are pretty rough. You may encounter a lot of stories that set backstory or mood or character before the dilemma, but that isn't necessarily good--and it isn't the current trend in writing storylines that do well in the marketplace. Typically now you start with action, involving either the main dilemma or a minor one. So the start of a story currently popular in the marketplace very likely will start out in the rough.

I give a book more than 150 pages to pan out. I almost always finish it no matter how unimpressed I am with it. Otherwise it can't go on the completed list, and, since I've been in a competition with my wife since before we got married on annual listed book reads, once started, a book really has to be a dud for me to put it down.

Who's winning?

I did something similar with my sister for a long time. But we had the added rule that we would pick books for each other in an attempt to get the other to not be able to finish(rule was you had to read the book you recommended though so there could be a test if there was ever doubt) and would force myself through things to get "credit"

Until Anne Rice's Tales of the Body thief.

I remember throwing the book across the room and yelling, "Fine you win."

Who's winning?

I did something similar with my sister for a long time. But we had the added rule that we would pick books for each other in an attempt to get the other to not be able to finish(rule was you had to read the book you recommended though so there could be a test if there was ever doubt) and would force myself through things to get "credit"

Until Anne Rice's Tales of the Body thief.

I remember throwing the book across the room and yelling, "Fine you win."

Ha!
:D

Any suggested stories?

I recently submitted my the first chapter of my first post and the whole story pretty much fits what you are looking for. As a generally rule, I think of myself as being much more sensual than sexual and yes, many would perceive me to be somewhat kinky.

For me, life is not about domination or submission and so I don't think of sex in that light either. I do agree that much of what is passed off as erotic is really just about power with sex as the medium. I have found much here though that is not and have been rewarded with some good reads.

One last point, calling another, be he/she an author or not, an asshole really accomplishes nothing.

I read the rest of the story. It was very sweet. It did suffer a little of the "super man" cliche:

She is 20, slender beautiful, able to keep a near perfect grade point average while homeless and working extra shifts. She is called a "good girl" at least a dozen times.

He is mid 40s but already mostly gray. He is rich. He is fit from running. He is kind and generous to a fault working in a homeless shelter, etc. And she is the only thing that can cure him - but only if she is bold and takes the reigns of a sexual re-awakening.

I'm sorry for calling the author an asshole, but he did recommend a a page of sexual assault description to someone with a head in a bad place regarding men.

Thanks for giving it a chance. On some of the points that seemed to emphasized it was originally part of a contest where certain elements had to be featured.

I'm sorry for calling the author an asshole, but he did recommend a a page of sexual assault description to someone with a head in a bad place regarding men.

No story is going to have everything you want without a little of what you don't, or could do without.

No story is going to have everything you want without a little of what you don't, or could do without.

I understand being upset though if your head is in a bad place and you want something sweet and fluffy to get you in a good mood again... And the very first page triggers all the bad thoughts you didn't want to deal with and does the opposite of relaxing you. The is a reason this user asked for a specific kind of story and I see why they got upset when it seemed like someone purposely recommended the complete opposite thing.

I understand being upset though if your head is in a bad place and you want something sweet and fluffy to get you in a good mood again... And the very first page triggers all the bad thoughts you didn't want to deal with and does the opposite of relaxing you. The is a reason this user asked for a specific kind of story and I see why they got upset when it seemed like someone purposely recommended the complete opposite thing.

Okay, but I still think you need a thicker skin for things like this. The author knew what the OP wanted and suggested a story. If it had been me, and I'd run into this on the first page, I would have assumed (because I'm an optimist, I guess) that this was some kind of set up to lead me into what I did want. I would have read more, since this was a specific request and recommendation. If I didn't see a change to what I wanted within a limit of some sort, I'd stop.

Back