ABSTRUSIONS: A Bohemian hangout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
vella_ms said:
... something wrong with this picture?
Here you go! Keep your hair on!

One low caff, low-fat, regular.

Sorry, we don’t have no hazelnut, how’s pistachio?

You’re just lucky we didn’t use Zoot’s cashews!

Virtual_Burlesque said:
Here you go! Keep your hair on!

One low caff, low-fat, regular.

Sorry, we don’t have no hazelnut, how’s pistachio?

You’re just lucky we didn’t use Zoot’s cashews!

Now you know why you got the job!:D

Godzilla vs. Megatron.

"Japanese cast in rubber monster suits destroy tokyo"

Who says foerign film isn't accessible? ~Hobbes

-Colly

Colly? I assume you'll be wanting a Pink Lady? and what do you want to drink?

Do I detect vague politeness from . . . from Abstruse? :confused:

Have you become an etiquettician? What did you do on your recent day out? Was your mind molested by the likes of Amy Vanderbilt? Were you abducted and forced to succumb to hour after bloody hour of Emily Post narrative? :(

Well, snap out of it! Oh you already snapped to Zoot.

In which case, I'll sit on the floor cross legged, lean my elbows on my worn levi's, light a smoke with Perdita and slam back a double black russian.

There are too many foreign films. I live in Canada, everything is an import!

Agree with Neon that "The Cook, the thief, his wife and her lover" was an incredible film, specifically in my case from a semiotic point of view. Otherwise, I am not particularly fond of Greenaway films except from a visually artistic perspective.

LES AUTEURS
"Salo - 100 days of Sodom" by Paulo Passolini is one of the biggest mind fucks I have ever written about. I'll share my take some day.

Bergman, Bergman, Bergman. "Cries and Whispers" is his most incredible film in my opinion, although others might mention "Persona" or "The Seventh Seal." There was a short parody of Bergman, I think done by the clan of Mel Brooks, and if ANYONE knows the title of this black and white piece, it was hilarious and I would be indebted to know.

Fellini's circus surrealism, especially in Satyricon has always fascinated me, and the dramatic expressions of his actress wife, Giulietta Masina have always enthralled. "Juliet of the Spirits" which was has a feminist tweak to it, is one of my fave's by him.

Other films

"In the realm of the senses," is a fascinating Japanese film about sexual obsession and based on a disturbingly true story.

"Indochine" is visually stunning and I am not just referring to Catherine Denueve. It sticks out for me though. And speaking of which, anything with Emmanuelle Beart is a turn on and I only watch those films because she's in them. :D (No, not talking about the blue Emmanuelle series 1 - 50,000).

Anyhow, I could go on and on about Fassbinder, Godard, Bunuel, Truffaut, Pabst, and a bunch of others but won't.

A couple of French films: Betty Blue, La femme Nikita
A couple of Spanish: Talk to her, Belle Epoque
A couple of British: Trainspotting, Withnail and I, The Full Monty

Anyhow that's it for now, back to the black russians. It seems the service is lousy in here, I have to get up and get one myself:rolleyes:

Colleen Thomas said:
Long Island Iced Tea. Might as well get hammered in style :)

-Colly
Atta girl.
Psst...stay away from vella, that's not a fashion necklace she has on, it's a flea collar.:eek:

Charlus! I know and like or love all the films you mention.

Abby, thank you for your hospitality. I'm going home soon, for two fucking weeks!!!

Perdita :)

CharleyH said:
Do I detect vague politeness from . . . from Abstruse? :confused:

Have you become an etiquettician? What did you do on your recent day out? Was your mind molested by the likes of Amy Vanderbilt? Were you abducted and forced to succumb to hour after bloody hour of Emily Post narrative? :(

Well, snap out of it! Oh you already snapped to Zoot.

In which case, I'll sit on the floor cross legged, lean my elbows on my worn levi's, light a smoke with Perdita and slam back a double black russian.

There are too many foreign films. I live in Canada, everything is an import!

Agree with Neon that "The Cook, the thief, his wife and her lover" was an incredible film, specifically in my case from a semiotic point of view. Otherwise, I am not particularly fond of Greenaway films except from a visually artistic perspective.

LES AUTEURS
"Salo - 100 days of Sodom" by Paulo Passolini is one of the biggest mind fucks I have ever written about. I'll share my take some day.

Bergman, Bergman, Bergman. "Cries and Whispers" is his most incredible film in my opinion, although others might mention "Persona" or "The Seventh Seal." There was a short parody of Bergman, I think done by the clan of Mel Brooks, and if ANYONE knows the title of this black and white piece, it was hilarious and I would be indebted to know.

Fellini's circus surrealism, especially in Satyricon has always fascinated me, and the dramatic expressions of his actress wife, Giulietta Masina have always enthralled. "Juliet of the Spirits" which was has a feminist tweak to it, is one of my fave's by him.

Other films

"In the realm of the senses," is a fascinating Japanese film about sexual obsession and based on a disturbingly true story.

"Indochine" is visually stunning and I am not just referring to Catherine Denueve. It sticks out for me though. And speaking of which, anything with Emmanuelle Beart is a turn on and I only watch those films because she's in them. :D (No, not talking about the blue Emmanuelle series 1 - 50,000).

Anyhow, I could go on and on about Fassbinder, Godard, Bunuel, Truffaut, Pabst, and a bunch of others but won't.

A couple of French films: Betty Blue, La femme Nikita
A couple of Spanish: Talk to her, Belle Epoque
A couple of British: Trainspotting, Withnail and I, The Full Monty

Anyhow that's it for now, back to the black russians. It seems the service is lousy in here, I have to get up and get one myself:rolleyes:

We don't serve wordie Canadians here.:p

New hangout.

Hey there sexy. Pertty busy opening nght.

I'll have one of Colly's Long Island Ice Teas, and start a tab, I might be here for a while. Actually put Colly's on my tab, I just read one of her sroties and it was fabulous!

Foreign film...hmmm. I'd have to say Monty Python, Holy Grail.

What are you making that face for? England is a foreign country, right?

Never mind, just give me a drink, no, make it a double. :rolleyes:

Lime said:
Damned place is hard to find! Who gave me these damned directois anyway?

Wore my beret just for Vella. I'll sit with her I don't mind a little scratchin.

Yo! Cafe avec, bitch!

And, oh yeah, I really liked "Marta."

oui oui.. diggin that hat.. can i sit on your lap and read you a story while you wait forever for your drink?:p

CharleyH said:

:

The Dove (De Düva)
A tribute and a grand parody of just about every film Bergman ever made. Madelin Kahn's film debut.

Is this what her highness was talking about?

'Life is Beautiful'

A great film in and of itself, but it also happened to be first official date with the misses.

:rose:

ABSTRUSE said:
The Dove (De Düva)
A tribute and a grand parody of just about every film Bergman ever made. Madelin Kahn's film debut.

Is this what her highness was talking about?

Yes - yes, thats it! I'd say thank you, but I know, now that I am indebted to you, you will make me do something really weird. :rolleyes:

:kiss:

ABSTRUSE said:
We don't serve wordie Canadians here.:p

Well then, I'll have a double Glenfiddich.

(And I sit in the corner, light my pipe and say nothing else for the rest of the evening.)

Oh wait! You wanted some poetry.

This is the only poem I know by heart.
Macdonough's Song by Rudyard Kipling

Whether the State can lose or bind,
on Heaven as well as on Earth.
If it be quicker to kill Mankind,
before or after birth.
These are matters of high concern,
where State-kept schoolmen are.
But Holy State we have lived to learn,
endeth in Holy War.

Whether the people be led by The Lord,
or lured by the loudest throat.
If it be quicker to die by the sword,
or cheaper to die by the vote.
These are matters we have dealt with once,
and they will not rise from the grave.
For Holy People however it runs,
endeth Wholly Slave.

Who so ever for any cause,
seeketh to take or give.
Power above or beyond The Laws,
Suffer it not to live.
Holy State or Holy King or Holy People's Will,
have no truck with the senseless thing,
Order the guns and kill.

Saying after me:

Once there was The People,
Terror gave it birth.
and it made a Hell of Earth.
Till Earth arose and crushed them,
Listen O ye slain.
it shall never be again.

Sorry it's so dark. But you wanted Beat, didn't you?

rgraham666 said:
Well then, I'll have a double Glenfiddich.

(And I sit in the corner, light my pipe and say nothing else for the rest of the evening.)

Your excused RG, I like you, :rose:

CharleyH said:
Yes - yes, thats it! I'd say thank you, but I know, now that I am indebted to you, you will make me do something really weird. :rolleyes:

:kiss:

No need for thanks, I'm here to serve my patrons as best I can. Another drink? Light Your cig?

Colleen Thomas said:
Do you serve breckfast Abs?

-Colly

You just tell me what you want dearest, I'm here to serve. What ever the customer wants, just ask.:cool:

ABSTRUSE said:
You just tell me what you want dearest, I'm here to serve. What ever the customer wants, just ask.:cool:
Time to get creative, boys and girls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back