gijoe downtime (closed to kohona xavier19

I never did make it to the door of the girls bunks before whispering before the next corridor over echoed in the halls. I knew those voices anywehre. "Son of a bitch..." I said shardply and stormed down the corridor. Hurrying to get in their way fast. Everyone knew not to make me angry when I was tiered. The last time I had been this exhausted and someone had made me angry, he was left in the infirmary for three weeks with fractured and bruised bones and a bloody nose. I managed to get into the corridor, blocking the culprits and their captive who I knew to be Lennox. What everyone didn't know, was that Hawk had even asked me to prevent this! I set my hands on my hips and tapped my foot. Clearing my throat, I startle the men and get their attention. The all freeze and become weary of my death glare. I take a step forward and crack my knuckles. "We can do this the hard way....or the easy way. You're choice boys. I'm not afraid to send either of you to the infirmy. Put him down, take him out, get rid of the gag, and go to bed. ALL of you. NOW!" I ordered sharply. Arms crossing over my chest.
 
Whom ever they were they obeyed immediately; to the letter. Instead being gently placed on my feet or on the ground they just dropped me onto the floor from that height with a "crash" that forced all the ar from my lungs that the gag acted somewhat as a cork that inflated my cheeks to almost rupture.

"Get him out of there" came Sam's authorative voice and hands reached down and rolled me out of the blanket. Laying on my back with eyes staring straight up I could not see much because of the red light but a figure soon loomed just below.

"On your feet, kid" Sam's voice said and a hand was placed bfore my face that I took and hoisted up.

One of the kidnappers threw the heavy, wool blanket at me and they all turned and waked away before I could tell whom they were as the gag lay by my feet. It had been close. Perhaps a few minutes more they could have done horrendous acts for the sake of entertainment. I remember a guy in basic that would not shower for two weeks; some guys did the same thing by wrapping him up in a blanket and dragging him to the showers whre everyone produced brushes, soap, and shampoo and scrubbed him from head to toe until he was clean, about half an hour later and his skin actually bled in some areas but it did get the stench out and sent the message, but I worried it would have been worse.

"Thank you" I said to same a million times. I could have kissed her right then and there but then wake up in the infirmary.
 
I flinched when the frightened men, yes, they were frightened of a me, a girl who stood 5'5" and weighed just a little over 100lb, dropped Lennox onto the floor harshly. "Get him out of there." I said and they unrolled him. They started to walk off to the bunk again after that. "On your feet, kid." I said as I held a hand out to him. When he took it, I hoisted him up to his feet and then the blankets were thrown at him. I looked at them again with an even angrier glare. "0800 tomorrow! A hundred push-ups! And don't think I wont know!!!" I yelled after them before letting out a groan. I'd have to make a mental note to fetch Duty and have him deal with them and their push-ups. Lennox started to say thank you to me like a million times as I walked himvback to the bunks. "Don't worry about it, Lennox. We don't get newbies here often and when we do, the guys get a little harsh with their welcoming." I said. When we reached the bunks, I let him then stood in the door way, looking cross and sour. "Lights out ladies! If I hear another person out of bed or find any of you messing with Lennox again, it'll be more than just a bloody nose and fractured and bruised bones you're sent to the infirmary with!" I said with authority before flicking off their lights and leaving.

After walking onec more to the girls bunk, I kept the light off and quickly changed into a tanktop and a pair of shorts for pajamas. With a yawn, I laid down on my bed and curled up for the night. Eyes finally closing for some much needed rest.
 
When the lights went out and I hesitantly walked through the room I could feel the intimidating leer of the men all around me. In their minds being defended by a woman was an insult to manhood but still I made it back to my bed and nervously laid myself out. I slept but reluactly fully expecting a repeat. Sam could not be around alway.

Ten hours was a long time to sleep but the blackout helped to calm me as I. Slept. The men around me were silent and I kept my eyes shut. It allowed me to think. Perhaps that is what General Hawk was talking to her about, for awhile at least she was to be my guide and guardian at least for awhile. Chances are once I get the hang of the ropes I will be left on my own, but I prayed that I would be strong enough to defend myself.
 
Next Morning: 0800

The next morning I was up an hour earlier than I needed to be. It was just enough time to straighten my hair from the wavy mess I had left it in from leaving it wet and tying it up. I put on a little bit of makeup, mostly eyeliner and lipgloss, then put my hair up into a bun for now. I went right for the mess hall to give Lennox a bit more time to get some sleep, while I grabbed breakfast for two. We both had to eat. Walking almost skillfully with the silver tray in hand, I went back to the bunks and rec room but I took those turns for the corridor to where the guys staid. I knocked on the door and opened it. Leaning in the doorway I looked to where Lennox slept. "Rise and shine, Lennox. I got breakfast!" I chimed almost perkily.
 
When I awoke to my surprise I was still intact and surprised that no one had tried to get to me. Sitting up and looking about evryone else was asleep, casually snoring away. The watch read 0930 just enough tim to clean myself up and dawn a new uniform at least.

I had done so when Sam stuck her head inside, her voice was soothing as she offered a tray that I immediately accepted. "Come on, let's go to the rec room" she asked so that we did not disturb the others. Even though it was military food on an empty stomach anything was the best and when we found an empty room at the rec and sat down I immediately dug in.
 
When Lennox came to the door, he eagerly took the tray and his breakfast and I laughed. Poor guy. "Come on, let's go to the rec room." I said. We walked back out into the rec room and some of the Joes were already here and relaxing as they waited for the day to start for them. I sat down with Lennox and briefly scanned the room before taking my breakfast plates off the tray. I watched as Lennox dug in rather hungrily into his food. "Wow....I don't even wanna know how long it's been since you ate something." I said with a slight laugh before I began to eat. The food wasn't actually that bad, and it was a bit of home for everyone. Eggs, bacon, sasuage, toast...the works.
 
As we ate I took a warming to Sam. Nice, pretty, and strong she was a different person compared to most of the brutes in this place. I just hoped I was not some sort of trick to get me to be complacent but seeing and smelling the aroma of what was on my plate all that went out the window as I began to snatch everything up and shove it into my mouth.

Around us others had woken up and were trying to have breakfast or stretch and somewhere in there were those that attempted to kidnap me and do God knows what. I would malice towards hem but did not know whom but it was best not to delve too deep on the subject and have it cloud my mind.

"Are we starting the tour soon?" Asking between bites.
 
"Yea. In a bit. Eat." I said as I got up at seeing Duty come into the rec room. I went right up to him and easily pointed to the men from last night. I explained to him what I had to do and what happened last night. He assured me he would take care of them and I smiled gratefully then returned to Lennox. "Gonna let you hit the showers first before we start though." I said with a slight laugh. "And don't worry. I'll be just outside, so if they try anything, I'll know." I assured him with a smile.
 
Felt as though big sister was around, which I did not mind because I did not have a big sister. I was an only child. When Sam returned there camea string of profanity and yelling from this towering hulking blck man that grasped several men and threw them outside the rec room to my astonishment but Sam sat down and continued eating not disturbed the slightest.

I wondered where we shall be ging. Perhaps thi place was a treasre trove of secret technology such as aircraft tested out at Area 51. I had to remember not get my hopes up but as we sat and ate we made polite conversation with one another.
 
As Duty took care of the men for me, I returned to Lennox. I noticed he looked slightly shaken by the hulking British man's string of curses and yelling. While I on the other hand was completely normal with it. As we ate, we made polite conversation with another. Once he finished, I started the tour. Sorta speak. I brought him to the showers first to let him freshen up. While he washed up, I waited out in the corridor. Back against the wall, arms folded over my chest, and eyes closed.
 
As I showered and felt the hot water coursing over my body and the steam rise it was a wonderful sensation to scrub all this off of me. Sam was waiting outside and I did not want to take too long however as she aited a black figure came walking down the corridor.

With her eyes closed Sam did not see it at first until it brushed along side to get to the showers then her eyes juttedopen and Snake quickly waved a hand as he disappeared inside.

Still scrubbing my scalp I did not see anyone until a figure tok the shower head next to me. With all the steam it was difficult to decern at the moment but I wasn't there to look or make conversation.
 
Feeling someone brush against my side, I snapped my eyes opened and looked to my side. It was Snake. My face brightened with a blush as he gave a wave. I lifted my hand in a wave and watched him go in. I blinked my eyes a few times and felt my heart race. Snake was...going to....shower. That meant he would be naked! Now was my only chance to see his body! Oh...the temptation was great. And so unfair. I wanted to peek in and watch him but I didn't want them to think I was a pervert. I didn't want Snake to dislike me. Oh life was so unfair! I gave a groan and whined softly. I stayed put right where I was and fought off the temptation to peek into the showers at Snake.
 
By the time I had finished the shower and entered the changing room, to my surprise, there was no one there outside of a small stack of clothes and shoes, all in black. Nothing unusual., sitting down on a bench I began to dress myself in a clean set of fatigues and shove my feet into my boots as the last shower head turned off and from the haze came a towering figure with his head splashed into a towel. Thinking nothing of it at first I continued to go through and tie up the laces as the man, this stranger, sat down across from me and began doing the same.

He did not say a word of course I did not either but he went through changing muchfaster than I and stood up and gave a quick nod of the head as he gathered up his bag to leave.
 
Not to my surprise, Snake was the first one out even though he was the 'last' one in. I watched him as he walked by me and went down the corridor. I blushed more and watched till he was out of sight. Jumping a bit when I looked back and saw Lennox standing there. "O-Oh! You're uh...Um...Let's go." I said. Turning away quickly and starting to walk down the corridor to start showing him around. Damn it! I should have attempted a sneak peek at Snake's body! I thought with a pout.
 
Sam was muttering under her breath as she walked before me. it could not be discerned but when seeing Snake from behind walking in the opposite direction of us it began clicking in my mind that she was either thinking or talking of him, but I did not want to point it out to her because...I did not know how she would react.

The tour began with Sam wlking a short distance and stoppping, turning about, and clearing her throat, "So...yeah, that's the shower. There's three more around here so not everyone is crowding into this one."

Giving an affirm nod that took Sam to turn back and continue walking, as we did she began pointing this off to me that were of small concern such as some small maintenance rooms that were not part of my MOS but just because they were there. By the quiver in her voice I could tell that something else was still bothering her.
 
As we started walking, I was muttering to myself my regret about not sneeking a peek. Snake was in front of us a few feet and was going in a whole different direction than we would be. At the entrance of the corridor, I stopped and looked back at him. "So, yeah. That's the shower. There's three more around here so we're not all crowded into the same one." I said. Turning back around, I cleared my throat a little bit and kept walking. Pointing things of even small concern out. There was still a slight quiver in my voice but I ignored it. It would fade as soon as my mind stopped focusing on Snake.

Soon we came to the Techroom and I grinned. "This is my station. It's here where we do all the hacking into system mainframes and other things." Those other things being government files. Not that Lennox needed to know that. He wasn't a hacker like me. Hacking how sorta how I landed this job right after highschool. "We've also got a virtual training room just through this door." I said. Bringing him in, I waved to Scarlett, who stood on the side lines watching Duke and Rip go through the corse. "Hey, Scarlett!"
"Hey, Sam. This the new guy?"
"Yeah. Lennox, this is Scarlett. She's a Joe too. Like Snake and Heavy Duty, the cursing, hulking, British guy from breakfast." I said laughing. Looking to the field, I point to two training. "Over there is the rest of the team. Duke and Ripcord."
 
When Scarlett offered her hand to shake I trembled because she was just as pretty looking as Sam the major exception being her long bright red hair and green eyes. When we shook hands she turned her attention back to Rip and Duke as they continued their hand to hand unabated by our arrival.

They sparred and broke up as Scarlett would call out whom the winner was. In one instance Rip charged only to have Duke side step at the last moment and spin on his heel and kick the back of th eknee of Rip whom crumbled to the ground and Duke jumped onto his back to finish him off.

"Duke!" Scarlett says that breaks the fight and Rip immediately jumps up to his feet with his hands out.

"Come on, girl!" Rip whines "You didn't give me a chance. I could have broken from that!"

"Sure, Rip" Scarlett whispered with a smirk on her lips.
 
"You? Break under Duke?" I said snickering. "Yea, okay."
"Hey man, that ain't funny baby girl." I rolled my eyes and smiled.
"Get over here!" I say to them both. They jog over. "Duke, Rip, this is Lennox. Lennox, Duke and Rip." I said. Pointing to each by name the first time. "Lennox is the newest additio to the Joe team, guys. So NO breaking him. Hawk's orders." I said. Looking seriously at the two men.
 
We shook hands and I looked at them, these guys were several inches taller than me and their biceps were far more than I could dream but they were likable enough. Just their appearance was different than those from earlier, and those that wrapped me up in that blanket.

Scarlett said for them to continue with their fighting and the two jumped back onto the pad. As they did Scarlett turned to me and said, "What is your MOS, Lennox?"

"92Yankee" I replied rahter proud. A Unit Supply Specialist, an armourer of all things. It was not a front line unit, but I did get to have my hands on some powerful weapons from Mark 19 Grenade Launchers and M2 .50caliber machine guns and even M134 miniguns.
 
I waited till Scarlett had finished talking with Lennox before I told them we needed to continue the tour. The said goodbyes and we continued. "That's why we need someone watching over Duke and Rip when they spar. The word, 'Stop' doesn't exactly exist in their vocabulary." I said with a giggle. We walked back out into the Techroom and from there I take him to the Gym. Once there, I bring him in and let him see all of our equipment. "This where we get to work out and stay in shape."
 
Looking around they had a great many pieces of equipment including several ranks of dumb bells. There was enough here to keep an entire company happy for a day. When we stepped out of the room and into the maze of corridors Sam knew just where to go, going off of hr memory and not any signs or assistance. If it were just me I could be in here for days and not find my way out.

"Up ahead is our motorpool" Sam replied light placing her chin on hr right shouler to talk back to me. For some reason I stay behind people as we walk, some to keep the lane clear and also to keep watch over whomis with me.
 
Using my memorybanks, I worked my way through the building like a maze. I knew it well enough by now I no longer needed to use signs or ask for help or directions. I should know it. I've been here for a year. Coming up to another room, I turn my head over my shoulder for a moment to look at Lennox. "Up ahead is our motorpool." I said before facing forward again as I bring him into the room.
 
Inside was a massive, flat area filled with many, many vehicles from M1 Abrams to ATVs where people worked bringing and taking away equipment and in one corner a couple of grease monkeys were playing hoops during a break. There was enough here to equip a division and it left me to wonder what exactly a group would be doing with this much firepower.

"What?" I balked "Is there a missile silo here as well?" But then learned to keep my mouth shut as the next turjn Sam might as well take me there.
 
I arched a brow at him then started laughing a bit as I continued my on my walk. Waving to a few people as we pass by them. "Wait till you see the rest of the base, kid. I was the same way when I came here." I said. I felt weird calling him kid. It was clear that he was older than me. Even though he really didn't look it. But I think I was ranking higher than him as a Private. I had to be right? I dunno. The one thing I didn't exactly pay attention to in JROTC was ranks. I could have cared less.
 
Back
Top