What Made You Smile/Laugh Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lede:

Here’s the thing: I’m a hardcore Coke girl. So the fact that someone decided to dump a bottle down a toilet to demonstrate how it could be used as a lime and stain cleaner does nothing to convert me to the dark side. I just take it as further proof of Coke’s perfection.
More, of course, at the link in the headline above.

Ha, I'm not a soda girl but I did have a tow truck guy pour coke on my corroded battery terminals before a jump. He said coke works best. Yipes

Up waaay too early this morning because I rolled over and started sleeping on my incision (owwie), so Farkin' around and found this:

The 38 Best Local News Captions Of All Time
Local news is weird. Like, really weird.​

I'm only going to post a few of *my* favorites, but the bonus here is that it's NOT a slideshow :D You can get to the whole set by clicking the link in the headline above.

enhanced-buzz-9830-1362170904-1.jpg

enhanced-buzz-13389-1362171325-9.jpg

enhanced-buzz-29646-1362170512-7.jpg

(If that ^^^ is a MILF, the term no longer fits in my glossary of sexual terms.)

enhanced-buzz-816-1362170512-4.jpg

Bottom line concerns me a bit. People need to rely on family recipe banks, not use the Internet for every little thing

Last edited:
Up waaay too early this morning because I rolled over and started sleeping on my incision (owwie), so Farkin' around and found this:

OK, that was hysterical!I shared on FB and Twitter. Thanks for the Monday smile and hope you're healing up well, SW. :kiss:

Applying for a really interesting position. It's not likely I'll get it, for various reason, but even applying for it made my evening.

And because I was in the mood for applying, and J approved, I sent an application for a student exchange thingy to Georgia (the country) and Belarus. Not likely I'll get a place there, either, but man, I'd be so glad to go to either country for those 3-4 months. Anyways, just filling the application made me feel happy. :)

Applying for a really interesting position. It's not likely I'll get it, for various reason, but even applying for it made my evening.

And because I was in the mood for applying, and J approved, I sent an application for a student exchange thingy to Georgia (the country) and Belarus. Not likely I'll get a place there, either, but man, I'd be so glad to go to either country for those 3-4 months. Anyways, just filling the application made me feel happy. :)

*Jealous*

*FISTPUMP*

I just came up with the COOLEST idea for the launch party for the next book. If you're in Nelson this July, you won't want to miss it! :D

*FISTPUMP*

I just came up with the COOLEST idea for the launch party for the next book. If you're in Nelson this July, you won't want to miss it! :D

I'll have to check the map to see how far out of our way this would be on my trip to Maine. ;)

An excellent cappuccino. Interestingly, at 3 euros it was also one of the cheaper ones I've had lately.
Being called a Central European transplant.
Talking about economics and politics of the EU, and actually feeling being heard and appreciated in said conversation.
J overhearing the end of that conversation and being thoroughly impressed by me.

And most importantly a good hair day, third day in a row!!

Finding the TV show "Banzai" on YouTube! I loved this show. Wasted yesterday watching the clips.

Here's one of my favorite "lady 1 question" with George Takei
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bquOcc0kBjU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

There are other "lady 1 question" but this one is THE BEST!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfM5h0UiKlI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I think I pulled a muscle laughing.
Other good ones- stupid dog challenge, squirrel lift, old lady chicken... oh go ahead and waste your day.

Lawrenceville soup kitchen helps pets

.... Every Saturday dozens of people arrive to collect food for their hungry pets. It's now considered the largest pet food bank in the state. Daffy's gave away more than 800,000 pounds of dog and cat food in 2012.

Roberta Fisher is a frequent patron. She needs the food for her service dog, Ms. Penny. "She (Penny) is my medical assistant; she is my baby, and to lose her, would be like losing a child," said Fisher. But in 2012 Fisher nearly lost Penny. Fisher was homeless and had no way of feeding the large dog. She then heard about Daffy's. "I'm glad we have this program, because if it wasn't, neither one of us would be here today," said Fisher fighting back tears.​

There's more, including a link to the pet foodbank's website, in the article linked through the headline.

balloon.jpg

What has made me smile for quite a few days is this balloon (and roses) she bought for me on the second hospitalization, 12/2/12... that's 110 days ago by my count, and the sucker is still floating up against the ceiling in my home office.

balloon.jpg

What has made me smile for quite a few days is this balloon (and roses) she bought for me on the second hospitalization, 12/2/12... that's 110 days ago by my count, and the sucker is still floating up against the ceiling in my home office.

Nice!
I love smiley faced stuff!
:rose:

He couldn't remember which day my birthday is, so he sends me loves and text messages the day before, and makes sure he's free and about today for 4 hours of chatting about nothing and everything. :heart:

He makes me feel so interesting.

I love that man. :heart:

Finding the TV show "Banzai" on YouTube! I loved this show. Wasted yesterday watching the clips.

Here's one of my favorite "lady 1 question" with George Takei
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bquOcc0kBjU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

There are other "lady 1 question" but this one is THE BEST!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfM5h0UiKlI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I think I pulled a muscle laughing.
Other good ones- stupid dog challenge, squirrel lift, old lady chicken... oh go ahead and waste your day.

This happened - almost, anyway - to me the other day. I went searching for a particular clip from Big Bang Theory and spent hours wandering the hallways of YouTube looking at clips.

Birthday dinner with the couple. My first fondue place. OMG was so good, so much fun. Feeling very stuffed and very loved. This has been the best birthday in years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back