"To keep the review thread clean..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
contemplation on ego and attitude

......................
 
Last edited:
Warmest thanks

Jamison gives us two provocative, tongue-in-cheek poems. Virulent is almost malicious eroticism. It's a well-crafted, spiteful spin on conception. Mouth- a Fibonacci poem excels at generating impact in a tight form.
:rose: Thanks for both comments and mentions of my illustrated poems yesterday in your reviews. For some reason the art was below the text in "Mouth" when it wasn't supposed to be. The editors are so throughough when it comes to notes in submitting because it was intended in "Virulent", which was to read then see the art to know what I was writing about. Malicious is good description. haha
 
:rose: Thanks for both comments and mentions of my illustrated poems yesterday in your reviews. For some reason the art was below the text in "Mouth" when it wasn't supposed to be. The editors are so throughough when it comes to notes in submitting because it was intended in "Virulent", which was to read then see the art to know what I was writing about. Malicious is good description. haha

Thank you for sharing them.
:rose:
 
Thanks, Leon, for the mention. The "could there be any doubt" is either extremely flattering or likening me poems to something like The Drudge Report--tasteless, yet inevitable.

Since you are a gentleman, I will assume the former.

Y'all be careful in that back room, OK?

OK?

Leon?
 
I hope I am putting this in the right place (no doubt I will be told if I am not) but I really enjoyed Caterpillar Breasts and Other Poems by Cal Y. Pygia and there is nowhere to comment. The last poem is particularly hilarious and made my day!
 
I hope I am putting this in the right place (no doubt I will be told if I am not) but I really enjoyed Caterpillar Breasts and Other Poems by Cal Y. Pygia and there is nowhere to comment. The last poem is particularly hilarious and made my day!
I noticed that too. That's why I didn't make any comments on the poems since the poet doesn't seem to want comments. Still love the title, though.
 
Much thanks to UYS and bill dada for commenting on most of my poems. I never notice your comments until a few days (weeks) have passed and the shine has worn off new-old poems where I forget to go back check that someone took the time to look at older stuff. :rose:
 
Much thanks to UYS and bill dada for commenting on most of my poems. I never notice your comments until a few days (weeks) have passed and the shine has worn off new-old poems where I forget to go back check that someone took the time to look at older stuff. :rose:

Most oftens I have a think rather than just putting oh that's good I liked that altho you do get that too lol
 
On this, the 9th of August, there are twelve new poems, unless I have lost the ability to count or the poems have not all posted yet—if the former is true, there is nothing I can do, but if it be the latter, I will have to look later. No matter which case it is, read through them all and perhaps you may find something which appeals to you.

First on our list for today is poem by an established poet, and one which is both clever and a bit silly, Love Poem, Written in Jejune by Tzara. [As established by Eve in the comments, however, the word jejune is protected.]

Today there seem to be a few new poets, as well; there were a couple of first poems which I thought might merit particular mention:
An interesting first entry by Buxxxom, The Eve of Submission certainly shows poetic promise, even if it may not be about a topic I am especially familiar with (though it is possible that I might understand the reference to Saint Andrew).

There are four poems by a new poet, cherryontop1973: and one of the more interesting works today in terms of its form and style is her and so it begins, a prose-poem, which one does not usually see.

And, of course, as always, others are more than welcome to add their own comments, suggestions, and reviews on today's poems.

I adore your reviews. Just sayin. :)
 
A poet let me know that more poems did show up for Thursday. Okay, it took a couple of days for me to realize it... :rolleyes:



Amy Winehouse, by Blue Dolphin, isn't a title I expected to see. She is indeed an interesting character. And this poems does have some interesting lines.
Be gone
You weed of dark lightness
[...]
And dark, be my wedded dress.

Many thanks dear Eve :)
 
Thank you, Equinoxe for mentioning my poem in your review today. I'm not sure how clever it is, but I'll happily accept silly, which always cheers me.

Thanks also to Eve, but let me point out to both of you that I had earlier publicly noted from where my use of jejune originated. Please think of it as being not so much theft as an allusion to two more gifted poets, much in the manner in which I might allude to Blake or Tennyson in a poem.

If it is any consolation, I do not anticipate using the word anytime in the forseeable future, though I would not be surprised to see a reviewer use it to describe one of my poems.

In any case, thank you both.

Thanks also to Jamison for his comment on my Friday poem.
 
Thank you, LadynStFreknBed, for mentioning my poem Kwannon. I have actually been meaning to create an illustrated poem, but I had forgotten about that when I wrote the poems that posted today—which is unfortunate as that would have been an excellent choice for one.

Thank you, Equinoxe for mentioning my poem in your review today. I'm not sure how clever it is, but I'll happily accept silly, which always cheers me.

You're very welcome. I had read your earlier explanation of the title when I made mention of it—and I found the playfulness of it all to be clever.
 
Thank you, LadynStFreknBed, for mentioning my poem Kwannon. I have actually been meaning to create an illustrated poem, but I had forgotten about that when I wrote the poems that posted today—which is unfortunate as that would have been an excellent choice for one.

hmm... maybe it's not too late. Perhaps if you take a photo or do a work of art on that subject it will inspire another poem.
 
Thanks for stepping in yesterday, Tzara.

There were no new poems there in the early afternoon local time, and then I spent the evening strapped to a chair being hurled across the European sky in a foil tube with wings.

And now I'm sloshed with slush drinks and dizzy with heat. The sun in Tel Aviv is murder for a pigment challenged man.
 
Any day I get to read a WickedEve poem is a good day for me. Eve is no stranger herself to saying a lot with few words and Driving the Run is a great example of this skill. It's a short narrative (about roadkill--Eve can find poetry wherever she looks) filled with her trademark twisty-quirky phrasing and a suggested comparison of a dead something to Christ. Only Eve can pull off this sort of thing in a poem, and she really makes it work. I'm not wild about the ellipses points, but I never am. That's my quirk, not Eve's. If you're not familiar with WickedEve's poetry, please read her. She has a unique talent that should not be missed.
Hey, I hate ellipses, too! lol I had a devil of a time with line breaks and dashes, etc. I couldn't get it exactly the way I wanted it. I started to send it to you but knew you'd be reviewing and I'd get a comment then. Thank you! :heart:
 
Thank you so much, Angeline, for your mention and comment on my cuttlefish poem—it might be my the poem of mine with which I am the most pleased (something which makes it amusing to me that it is currently tied as the lowest rated with the poem with which I am least pleased).

And thank you also, Eve, for your comment on Kwannon yesterday.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top