"Rebuild": A Zombie Survival RP

Ok readers … you know me now … I’m a positive person; I try to be funny… and try to make people around me happy and laugh. But there was nothing funny about this situation. The picture on the phone was Doc Lee … the lighting was not very good … but I could tell it was Doc Lee, and he was playing with Ria’s naked breasts.

The picture and the situation just did not make any sense. I just stared at it … I could not think of any way for the picture could be real. But it just could not be a prank … no one would be that cruel. Bart needed an answer. I had to say something. I took a deep breath, turned to Bart.

“Don’t say you don’t have anyone else! … what about me? I right here …. And I’m here for you” I said and went over to give him a big hug … but in my hurry I kind of missed and I managed to hug his face right into chest … right into my big boobs. It would have been funny … had the situation not been so serious and emotional.

“Officer Bart, please never forget that …” I was crying now. Why? I had no clue. But it felt right. I partially released him as my one hand slipped around his shoulder. I wiped the tears from my eyes with my free hand.

“Sorry about that … I … just needed to tell you that” I explained.

"Don't ever be sorry about shoving those big jugs in my face" Bart joked in a dead pan way.

I laughed with tears still in my eyes. I could tell Bart seemed a bit shocked at my strong emotions. I took another deep breath. “The guy in the picture is Doc Lee … I had no idea Ria was fooling around with him. It makes NO sense. When you visit her … she is on cloud 9 … her face is glowing … and so is yours. I don’t understand why she would cheat on you.

Doc Lee … is so much younger … a wild man … a total risk junky … Ria would not be his type. At least I would not think so. I just don’t get it.” I said

Bart looked at me “What should I do?” He asked.

I took another deep breath … “First you need to make sure she is really cheating …” I said “Nothing is more damaging to a relationship than a false acquisition.”

“I have a fucking picture Cassie …" He said.

“I know … I can’t explain it either … but one time at the strip club someone took a picture of a dancer with a guy. Trying to break up someone’s marriage or it was blackmail or something. It was bogus … the dancer was just asking him if he wanted a lap dance while she was topless. So pictures can be bogus.” I explained.

I could tell Bart was pretty sure the picture was real. “If you want to save the relationship …”

Bart interrupted me at this point “FUCK HER …I’m not saving a cheating relationship!” He stated firmly.

“Bart … shush for a second … listen to me … Infidelity does not have to be a deathblow to your relationship. It can survive, and even become stronger, if you can find it in yourself to forgive her, to let go of the past, rebuild trust, and determine why it happened.” I explained.

“You know … I was a stripper … that does not mean I can’t have relationships with people. What I did had no emotional value … it was a job. The event in this picture might have been the same way. Maybe it was some kind of fantasy she wanted to live out … or maybe it happened before you two met … I don’t know” I said to him.

“I can’t face her right now” He said the emotion heavy in his face.

“Ok … a cooling off period … that is a great idea. How about you and I take off … find me a new car … or look for a new place to live … or go off and kill a fucking shit load of zombies … we’d both feel better … and when we get back, you and her can figure this situation out?” I suggested.
 
Deacon

I took hold of Derry's hand when she reached for mine and held it firmly, I could feel a slight tremor in her grip, but wasn't sure what it was about.

"Yes we may be near extinction right now, but there is one light-point down that tunnel. We can barricade and feed ourselves, they can't. We can reproduce, they can't. In a waiting game we will win them, but first we have to get some ground to stand on."

I used her hand to draw her closer to me on the bench-seat and placed my arm around her,

"And I promise I will be there for and with you."

I wanted to add 'for as long as you'll have me' but didn't, by now it was quite clear how she felt about that. We drove like that the last few meters to the Knight, where we pulled into the rather large storage bay. We now had a lot of vehicles, food, weapons and three extra warm bodies. Two of those bodies I would like to toss from the roof, but as Derry pointed out, we were now turning into an extinct species. Before she got out, I stopped her with a hand on the shoulder and a warm kiss, giving her a smile, then got out. Almost as soon as I got onto the back of the truck, Cramer joined me, asking how I got the heavy machinery on to the truck. As a joke I flexed my biceps,

"Ah am Hercules, son 'o Zeus!"

Of course my best Schwarzenegger imitation went slightly awry as some of the other people saw and heard me and started to laugh. I gave Cramer a grin,

"There's a boom-arm used to lift engines out of trucks in the garage, I used that."

When we were done, Cramer headed off to put away the pistols and rifles, that of course meant more work for me, but I did not really worry too much about that. I glanced around and found that Leo was so far keeping to himself. The kid had a real frightened buck look to him. Thinking of buck got me to realize just how hungry I was, but first there was something to sort out. Slinging the sniper rifle over my back, I headed into the Knight. After a few questions I found Danny. Just seeing the look in his eyes when he saw me, made me upset once more. I didn't care where we were, I didn't care who was looking, I grabbed him with both hands by his shirt-front, lifted him and shook him like a terrier would a rat. I drew him to face me, I could feel his breath and see my reflection in his eyes, I was very sure he could do the same,

"Now you listen to me bucko..."

Again buck, damn I really needed to eat soon,

"Where I'm from we are teached basic manners. Respect women is one of those manners. Cassie is one hell of a woman and there was no call for you to treat her the way you did."

He opened his mouth and I slammed him against the wall, releasing one hand and keeping him pinned to the wall as I shoved a finger under his nose,

"In this new world we need everybody, if you lose your shit again and leave a team that you were on, especially a team with Cassie and Derry on it, I will treat you like my parents treated a child throwing a tantrum."

I shoved him once with the hand pinning him to the wall,

"Get your shit sorted or so help me, I will skin you."

I stepped away and released him, the urge to deck him so strong that my fist actually clenched, but instead I turned and walked away, people melting away before me
 
Ria

Back from the Armory


Unloading is as tedious as loading. Maybe even more because one has to put the things in their proper place. It took quite a while, not many were fit enough to help. Most were still battling with fever and other signs of the illness, Peter told me when we transported food to the pantry. He also told me what Lee did to the ill around midday and what happened to Norah while we where at the armory. I shook my head. Lee had shown no sign of Napoleon as far as I had known.

“I didn’t want to tell you, you were worrying enough about it as it was,” Peter said calmly. “At one point I wished Cassie, Derry and Daniel hadn’t brought such a big supply of antibiotics and other medical supplies. Lee is doing fine now, his fever is also down a bit. Only John, he still is very ill. I am not sure, if … Maybe we need to call the Doc and use one of the treatments you traded for the help you and your team gave them. Six, I believe?”

I nodded. It seemed ages ago we had helped them to build a defense ring with cars and not only four days.

Unloading one cart I told him about how the boss had ordered one of his men to search Cassie and me for weapons.

“Peter, that turd groped what he could. He seemed to think both Cassie and I had a load of weapons concealed on our breasts,” I said angry. “Oh well,” I continued with a sigh, “it is over and done with. We have other things to think about now.”

I caught him staring at my breasts. He turned a bit red. I rolled my eyes.

“Well,” he drew the word out and paused. “I can understand everyone who has a chance to grope at your and Cassie’s breasts and does so,” he smiled and leered openly, groping in the air in front of me, laughing as the blood rose in my cheeks.

“Everyone!” I sneered.

“Every man!” he laughed.

I shook my head. My cheeks still burning I told him to calm down and unload the cart.

Back at the garage bay Leo helped us to pack the next load on the cart while Cramer took off with a lot of guns. Leo seemed eager to help and started to follow us when we pushed the cart into the library again.

“Stay here please, Peter and I have still some talking to do. Here too a lot has happened which I need to know about before the meeting. Ask Derry or Dan to show you around after we are finished here, I want to shower before we have dinner.”

I caught a glimpse of Hunter. Surprised I turned my head, I had thought he and Bart had gone to the Street. Hunter walked up to Leo and I heard his rumbling voice but couldn’t make out the words. If Hunter was here, where was Bart?

The guns were gone when we came back. I supposed Cramer put them in a safe place. Scotty, who had been helping with the food and pushed a cart around on his own, seemed unhappy with something. Surely not because the trucks were finally empty.

“I’ll shower, visit the sickbay and then I really would like some food,” I announced to the air and the few people around me. “And some whisky afterwards,” I added under my breath.

Without thinking of other people I spent a long time and a lot of soap and shampoo in the shower, the water as hot as I could stand before I dressed in yet another set of overalls. This pair was very tight again. I should have looked what size the last one was. Just holding them up in front of me wasn’t the best method to decide if they would fit.

Coming out off the basement door I noticed a slight stench lingering in the Knight. Walking over to the sickbay I saw many places just not right. Here a smear on a wall, there a notch in a door, wet bedding, on a heap, a pile of books against the wall. This wasn’t a welcoming place anymore. Too much had happened. Someone had painted a crude flower on the walls where Mr Ashtuli and Tersa had died and had written their names under it.

Inside the sickbay Norah, Martin and Mrs Asthuli were busy taking care off the patients. It was a sad sight, so many of us so ill. Some raving about how mean and stupid everyone was, some turning and tossing, some lying as still as if they had died.
 
Daniel

When the team returned I immediately rushed towards them. I felt so bad about how I had treated Cassandra, but I just knew I couldn't go. I was afraid that I wasn't fully recovered and might attack someone again. I had panicked and just did whatever I thought of to make an excuse to stay, and that had been being a dick. Kind of dumb, I know, but it was the first thing I thought of. Besides, looking back on it, I might have been slightly affected by the virus right then.

Anyways, I had regretted it immediately, but I couldn't say anything. I had decided to apologize once they had returned. I was walking towards them when I saw the new guy that had come the other day. What was his name again? I think Deacon. Anyways, I saw him coming, and didn't think much about it. I mean, he was quite new. My face must have been insulting to him, because immediately his gaze turned sour. Then, once he was by me, he grabbed my t-shirt and threw my body against the wall, lifting me up to be face to face with him.

I immediately was surprised. What was with this? He drew me closer to his face, and my heart was racing, my breath quickening. He must have noticed. I saw my face in his eyes, and it showed terror. I thought he was going to kill me, then and there, but he spoke first.

"Now you listen to me bucko..." he said. Bucko? Who does he think he is talking to? I have been here longer than he has, have known everyone longer, and am a veteran here, having gone on an extremely dangerous mission before that practically saved all of us. However, I was too terrified to say anything.

"Where I'm from we are teached basic manners. Respect women is one of those manners. Cassie is one hell of a woman and there was no call for you to treat her the way you did." Ah, so that was what this was about. I opened my mouth to speak, but he slammed my body against the wall again, moving one of his hands to cover my mouth.

"In this new world we need everybody, if you lose your shit again and leave a team that you were on, especially a team with Cassie and Derry on it, I will treat you like my parents treated a child throwing a tantrum." Once again, I was filled with terror. I was also filled with anger at him, for treating me, literally, like a child throwing a tantrum, to use his own words. But I was too afraid. If he was trying to intimidate me, he was doing an excellent job.

"Get your shit sorted or so help me, I will skin you." he said! while once again shoving me against the wall! Boy, that hurt. Especially after about five times of it being done! Gee, he was talking about needing everyone, and here he was, trying to crack my head open. The irony would normally have made me laugh, but not in this situation.

He let go of me, allowing me to fall to the ground. I saw his fist clench, and prepared for a punch to the face, but it didn't come. He simply walked away, leaving me there. As soon as he was out of sight, I stood up, brushing myself off. I felt the back of my head for any blood, and, finding none, I turned straight around, walking back to the roof. I was positively fuming. The nerve of that guy, Deacon or whatever his name was! And this was probably all caused by Cassandra. No doubt, she had sent him to rough me up and "earn" my respect. If that was what they expected, they were going to be disappointed!

I was tired of all this. Living in such a large group was bothering me. I needed to leave. I needed to grab some weapons, preferably guns, get some supplies to last me a bit, and leave before they killed me.
 
THE WINERY

DAY 6 pt2

Troy ran down the steps and burst into the courtyard into a scene of chaos. Somehow a group of twenty Zombies had managed to sneak up on them and had made it to the fence before being spotted. Now the damn things were trying to walk through the wire, seemingly not feeling it shred the flesh from their bones. Several of them had died from what seemed to be blood loss, although if you could call that green crap blood Troy wasn't sure, The problem was as more of them waded in the structure was starting to collapse. Only a couple of people had been on duty, the rest having been getting lunch and they were panicking trying to do everything at once.

“Everybody freeze,” he yelled out in his military voice. “Right spearman to the front and start defending the wire. Who has a rifle? You, excellent. Up on those barrels and pick off some of those ones at the back. Head shots only, don't waste bullets. The rest of you start shoring up this fence. We have pallets, drums and blocks here people let's move it.”

By the time others started arriving he had the defence team going pretty well. Finally the tower started shooting and the other rifle and shotgun made it and pretty soon there were no more Zombies. Pulling out his walkie talkie Troy called up the tower.
“Tower this is eagle who is on duty over.”
“Eagle this is Tony. Scott's supposed to be on duty but I can't find him anywhere. I know he relieved me for lunch an hour ago sir over”
“Well done then Tony. Good support fire. Stay there and I will send someone up to relieve you over.”
“Yes sir over and out.”
Fuck where the fuck was that stupid kid. Now he not only had to organise the repair job here and the disposal of the bodies, but he had to find someone reliable to relieve Tony and organise a search party for Scott. Could this day get any better.

It took two hours for them to fix up the fences, this time making them a little stronger. During this time Scott was found in the upstairs bathrooms. He had developed a case of the runs and instead of telling anyone had decided to keep running back and forth to the toilet. He didn't think it would be a problem. Another thing for him to deal with later on. Troy had also thought of some extra precautions. The Zombies seemed to walk up to the fences or run up, no dodging or thought to it.
His thought was to make some road spikes. Simple pieces of board with large nails rammed through them. These would be placed on all the main roads leading up to the winery and in some of the main auxiliary roads. By leaving them in plain site but securing them down he hoped that any survivors would be able to avoid them, but the unthinking Zombies would walk right over them and be crippled before they even reached them. He got a couple of people working on them and even had the surviving old people help out by having them go through the nails and select the biggest ones they could find. They had smiled at him, happy to be put to some use and to know that they were getting their own back at the horrible things out there.

By the time they had made enough road spikes it was getting late in the day but Troy wanted them set up. He left the pup to watch the fence and took Anubis with him as an early warning system as well as five others. Two of them would secure the spikes to the road with long screws and cordless drills, while the other four kept watch with guns. They would take two shot guns and two rifles plus travel in one of the wineries electric carts to make running away easier. Piling into the cart they set off for the entrance
 
Her emotion had caught me by surprise. Even though I'd known her for about two years we'd not been close. But now she seemed, not seemed I guess, she was my oldest friend. The realisation hit me hard, but it was softened by her pulling my head into her soft warm beasts. I was surprised how comforting it was, how much I wanted to stay there. Another day, in another world it would have been very different. Cassie was quite a woman. Fun to be around, and a body that had been regularly worshipped at the station abs in the club. Now I was just happy to share a hug.

My mood was still black. "Cassie I'm sorry. I didn't mean to snap at you. None of this is your fault" I looked at her eyes. They were tearful too. "That's Lee, the doctor ?" All at once violence and apathy filled my head. I wanted to beat him to a pulp, my adrenaline pumping, and I also couldn't see why I should fight for anything to do with Ria.

The adrenaline wouldn't allow me to sit any longer. Uncoupling myself I stood. "I think I should go now." I heard myself say. I was embarrassed to have cried on Cassies' shoulder. I smiled at her. Offering my hand. "And I think we should get you out of those clothes. " Immediately I felt myself go red. Cassies eyes lit up and her face broke into a smile. Her rich belly laugh followed. "Officer Bart ! " she chided. " I never thought you'd ask. " When she stood it was like a big cat on a hunt. Lythe, and sensual. The change in her was almost surreal.

"I, meant that you might want to. " I know what you meant" she cut me of. Her voice low and rich. I tried again week aware I was red like a beetroot. "Freshen up!" I almost shouted. Her hand slipped the strap of her shoulder. She looked at me for a second. Then her face broke into the most mischievous smile I'd ever seen. Her laugh filed the air. "Officer Bart I think are so red your head might explode." She had known all along how embarrassed I'd been and she'd been merciless, turning the heat up and up.

I couldn't help but smile and then the smile turned into a laugh. A deep full laugh, a laugh of release. Stepping towards her I hugged her tight. "Thank you." I wispered "Thank you. " Putting the spaghetti strap back on her shoulder. I started towards the stairs. "I think its time I was gone, and I'd better find Hunter before he has pissed everyone off. " I paused. "You coming?" She just smiled at me. I knew I'd done it again. I shook my head smiling and headed for the stairs. I heard her footsteps behind me and I smiled.
 
Ria

In the Sickbay


Norah and Martin had things sorted out, Norah told me while she showed me the empty vials. Almost all were antibiotics. They had all the ill back on IVs again, put vinegar socks on them and now Mrs Asthuli was wrapping hot, wet bandages with onions in them around their necks "helps with the breathing and against throat infections" she said. They also had applied generous amounts of divers types of dirt on all the wounds.

I could only look around helplessly. It was too bad. Most had been okay for a day or two after the attack, just as Peter had, except John, Carla, Skip and Thomas who had needed a lot more than a few stitches in the night of the attack. Yesterday in the late evening the first persons had been brought in, more in the morning, and just then Lee got some strange ideas.

Even those that had been doing fine already had taken a turn to the bad around noon, Norah told me. She kept looking at my chest, and uncomfortably I pulled at my overalls.

"I know," I whispered after an embarrassed sigh, "these are too small for me. I'll change in an other pair before dinner. I just wished my own clothes hadn't disappeared into the piles of washed and dirty laundry. It might be best if we start to mark those clothes everyone really wants to keep to her or himself."

She blushed, looked away, and mumbled something about that being a good idea. She then told me about Thomas' new laws. At first I looked astonished then I started to giggle.

I peeked in on Thomas and John, found them almost lucid, wished them a speedy recovery, wished the three nurses strength and promised them we would find two or three who would take over for the night after dinner. I was worried about Lee. They had put him in the room with Thomas and John and he didn't look good. He was burning with fever.

My head still at the ill in the sickbay I bumped into Peter.

"You, Max, Cassie and I a quick meeting before dinner? What time is dinner? Did Carol manage to cook something? Meeting with all directly after, or during dinner? Peter," my voice faded away; Bart and the Hunter had just walked past us, without saying a word, both carrying guns and boxes with ammunition. They headed for the main entrance and waited for Scotty to open the fire door for them.
 
Cassie

Officer Bart was fun to tease. He was a good man and that is why the teasing worked. These kind of jokes would never work on Peter. He would get all the wrong ideas.

I ran to the edge of the roof and looked over. No zombie out the front door. Then I followed Bart down the stairs.

“Hunter and I will be going … but I have a surprise for you … I’ll show it to you in the car. Ok” He said.

“Sure” I said … I loved surprises. “Just one second” I added as I went to the my second floor sleeping area and grabbed my sweater. Put it over my arm. “Ok, I’m ready” I said as I rejoined him. We continued down to the first floor and found Hunter. He was looking at both of us strangely.

Officer Bart stated “Time to go …Cassie’s coming too … I need to show something to her”

Hunter, a man of few words simply nodded. Bart and the Hunter went and grabbed some guns and boxes of ammo. Then they headed for the main entrance where Scotty opened the fire door for them.

I raced after them ... "I'll be back" I said to scotty as I caught up with the other two ... as they reach their truck. Getting in, I needed to sit next to Hunter and Bart. Bart was driving this time, so he was on my left and Hunter was on my right.

As the truck pulled out, I smiled at both men “I’m going to change real quick … no peeking” I said as I pulled off my bow and then my spaghetti strap shirt. My huge jugs were safely in my bra ... straining to break out … but they were covered up. Hunter and Bart both took a peek anyhow.

“Hey no peeking!” I said. Both their head went straight again as I pulled on my sweater.

“Ok … is that better?” I asked Bart about my shirt change.

“No … I liked you better with no shirt on!” He joked and Hunter joined in “Me too!” he said gruffly

I sighed “MEN!” Then I changed the subject “So what is this big surprise you want to show me?” I asked

Bart just grinned and said “Not telling … you need to wait.”

A few minutes later Bart drove up to the gate of the Police impound lot.

He got out and unlocked it and got back in. “Close your eyes and NO PEEKING!” He told me. I closed my eyes. I felt the car move and then stop again.

I heard Hunter’s voice exclaim “FUCKING …AAAA!!”

Bart answered with “SHUSH! … remember Cassie!”

They got me out of the car and positioned me … facing something.

“You can open your eyes now” Bart said softly.

I opened my eyes and saw

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1a/Lamborghini_Veneno,_Car_Zero_(profile).jpg

I simply GASPED. When I could talk … I said “WHAT … NOOOOOOO”

“Remember zombie … keep your voice down!” Bart reminded me … he had a huge grin on his face as he as enjoying my excitement.

I ran over to it … rubbing my hands over it… like it was a lover. “This is a Lamborghini Veneno …” I gasped.

“I was thinking this might be a good replacement for your mustang!” Bart suggested

“It was made to celebrate Lamborghini's 50th anniversary. They used lots of carbon fiber in making it … so it is super strong and light. I think they were sold for $4 million each!!” I said knowing all about the legendary car. “How did the Police buy this?” I asked

“The police did not buy it … it is a drug dealer car! Impounded” Bart laughed

I walked back over to Bart and grabbed him … hugging him and I would not stop hugging him. Tears running down my face … “You have made me SOO HAPPY!” I gasped.

I could not see Hunter … but I knew he was just shaking his head “This is a totally stupid car to have with zombies running around ... Cassie use your brain!”

I did not care what Hunter said … life was not always about making the right choice … something it was about making the wrong choice and having some fun!
 
When Deacon took my hand and pulled me close, I was able to relax enough to focus on the present once more. Which was good since we soon pulled into Knights. I felt so much better just listening to his words.

"And I promise I will be there for and with you."

I smiled and nodded my head and as I turned to get out of the cab, he stopped me with a warm kiss. Now I felt I could go on with our busy day. Once out I glanced around and watched the banter between Cramer and Deacon, chuckling to myself. Just as I was about to get something to eat I saw Deacon march over to Daniel. I stayed to watch what would happen, since I had an idea what was on Deacon's mind.

He gave him a light tune up and warning which I agreed totally with, when he was done he walked off causing people to get out of his way. I turned and continued on my way to get some food as I silently nodded my head. I hoped now Daniel would get his priorities straight. Once I got a sandwich I came back to help unload the last of the items that that still needed unloading.

As I worked I could see that Ria was somewhat pre-occupied with her thoughts. I figured it must be to do with Bart. I finished what I could with the unloading and decided to get cleaned up. As I made my way over to the shower area, I couldn't help notice how sad and yes, dirty Knights was now. I didn't think we could get it back to the way it had been. And to be honest, with the memories from the recent attack, I would rather we found a new place to make our permanent home. There must be a better location then here, maybe outside of town where we could be better fortified. Outside where there was land and we could have our own garden. The more I thought about it the more it just made sense, rather then try and fix up Knights.

I took my shower and headed to my room to relax for a short time, when I got there, I remembered the zombie that nearly got me. Shaking my head I thought I should find Ria and see what the plan was for our future. We needed a general meeting to find out what everyone was thinking, and of course there were the sick people to take into consideration. I lay down and decided to have a quick nap, then go find Cassie. We hadn't connected for awhile making me wonder what she had been up to lately. Maybe together we could find Ria and see about a meeting. I closed my eyes and was soon sleep.
 
Louise

Louise decided to head down to the kitchen for a glass of water after her quick workout upstairs. She heard Ms. Asthuli and smiled eager to see the woman after shed been hard at work on the sick over the past few days.

She quickly turned the corner and into the large man against the wall with an ompfh.
She blushed embarrassed and quickly got up off the floor blushing.

"So sorry"she said and quickly looked over the man.

Ms. Asthuli asked "Are you ok Louise?". She nodded quickly and said " Ill be fine. I heard you talking and was relieved to hear your voice is all I didnt mean to rush in like that she smiled.

She eyed the man closely and he was hot. She wasnt sure what to and stammered another apology again. " I didn't really mean to honestly. Im Louise by the way but you can call me Lulu if its easier"
 
Last edited:
Out of nowhere Louise walks right slap dap into me with an omphf, she went down on her ass like a sac of taters. ''Woah Darlin...are ye alright down there?'' Reaching down grasping her by the shoulders, I help her up gently as I possibly could. Damn she was one auburn haired beauty, and those striking blue eyes on me.

Lord have mercy I thought to myself, if she ain't a looker I don't know what is. ''It's alright Louise don't fret ye hear? Accidents happen ye know.'' Putting on my best good ole boy grin, Mrs. Asthuli stifled a giggle at my southern draw. ''Names Cramer Grimes...pleased to be bumped into by a lil ole gal so purty.'' Offering my hand to her for a gentle handshake, that I'd plum forgot to let go of hand.
 
Last edited:
Louise took the mans hand and shook it. He had a thick country thwang in his voice and she smiled because it reminded her of when she visted some of her relatives down south. He gave her a big grin and she nearly melted. She swore she heard Mrs.Asthuli snicker.

She was greatful he helped her up. She was a bit clumsy at time but he was right accidents happened. She was just glad it hadn't happened with the water in her hand or that would have been a whole different scene.

"Its nice to meet you Cramer." She said " Ill be quick I didnt mean to interrupt. Just wanted some water after my workout. We cleared things over at the Gerlinger and there are machines and a workout room there. Its a little funky but clear although I did carry my shotgun just in case"
 
''Aw take ye time...don't rush off Darlin ye just got here.'' Still holding Louise hand I hadn't realized I was, the reaction my grin got didn't go unseen she sure was purty thang. ''I was about to ask Mrs. Asthuli if she knew what's fer supper.'' I knew I must have smelled like a billy goat, especially after the stress and adrenaline rush. ''We sure as hell had a workout at the Amory, but I'm purty sure yer gonna hear bout it.'' I still hadn't taken my eyes off Louise as yet, because I had a thing for auburn hair and eyes like hers.
 
Louise frowned Mrs Asthuli has done alot for everyone and she was sure the woman could use rest. "Maybe we could find something to help with dinner" she said to him and joked" After we shower of course" she grinned knowing she smelled a bit sweaty after her workout.

Cramer looked stressed and a hot shower always did the body good. She noticed he still held her hand and she smirked seeing he hadnt let go. " Keeping me captive Mr Grimes?" She said glancing at their hands.
 
Last edited:
She was a mild mannered woman of strong Muslim faith. ''Remember Homer Carol is in change here, she shook her finger at me in a behave yourself gesture at me. ''I forgot all about that I'm sorry.'' And with that she went to preparing dinner and Carol entered.

''Yeah I am kinda ripe and a shower sounds great. Huh...keep you captive? What are you talking...'' Looking down I slap my forehead with my open palm, I'd really made myself look like a dumbass redneck for sure this time. ''Oh you probably want your hand back.'' The sheepish expression on my face must have been just priceless. ''Oh wait we can't do this it's Carol's duty and she rules here I forgot.''
 
Last edited:
Louise looked at his embarrassed face and couldnt help but giggle "Thatd be nice" she said seeing he still held her hand.

"Sorry about that Carol I wont interfere but me and Cramer here cam get you anything you need as long as you ask. If you dont mind helping me pick out some things for upstairs id appreciate it. The kids get bored I try keeping em calm and entertained through all this shit and I help out where I can" she smiled " You went through some tough things at the armory huh?" She said looking at his slightly gruffy appearance.
 
Sorry people this will be a long post.

Winery

DAY 6 EVENING

By the time they had arrived down near the entrance it was getting close to four o’clock. They would be pushing to get all of the spikes down before it really started to get dark, but at least the main road had it's own lighting and they should be able to see anything coming at them from a little way with that.

As they piled out they formed a basic four point guard, with everyone taking a compass point and watching their own direction. The two with the spikes set too work quickly, drilling into the asphalt with one drill through the spikes, then securing it with a screw with the other. It went surprisingly quickly. Within five minutes they were back on board and moving to the next spot.

They had completed all of the main road up to the turn and had placed a few down the road leading to the turn and up to the cabin before it had hit five. If they kept this pace up they should finish in time. Even if it did get a bit dark they would have the extra cover of the tower and the guns in the winery and they could make a dash back inside. As they began to start on the stretch leading up to the winery itself Anubis started to growl. Everyone froze having learnt quickly what that meant. The four men on cover began to search even harder for signs while Anubis prowled around with his nose in the air. Finally he looked up the road towards the cottage. It was Steve who was covering that angle with a shotgun. He looked carefully and finally saw a single Zombie wandering around near the porch of the building.
“Boss we need to swap post's. It's so far away a person with a rifle needs to cover this thing.”
Troy who was to his left glanced over and saw his dog and Steve looking up the road and decided to risk it. He called to Frank to watch both their sectors for a second and jogged over to Steve.
“Okay where is he?”
“See him at the front of the porch there? He's very hard to spot being in the shade and all.”
Troy picked him up pretty quickly but that was because of his training. He was impressed that Steve had. “Okay got him. Go take my position and tell Frank to go back to just watching his sector. When that's done tell the guys to start putting in the spikes.”

A minute later Troy heard the drills start up. He had taken a knee and had lined up the Zombies head in his scope so he saw what happened next. As soon as the drill started he cocked his head and looked towards the road and took a step towards it. “Quick stop the drilling,” Troy yelled out. Immediately the noise shut off. The Zombie shuffled a few more steps then began to sway and walk around listlessly like before. “Start Drilling for ten seconds then stop,” Troy called back. Sure enough as soon as the drilling started the Zombies head came up and he started to walk in their direction. This time when it stopped however he kept coming. Two noises from the same direction probably got it's attention. Troy lined up his shot and was about to pull the trigger when a thought came to him. If a Zombie had heard a drill from that far how far could a gun shot be heard from. Shit this changed everything. Dropping his rifle he drew his knife. “Start putting that spike in. Everyone else cover them but only shoot as a last resort. Anubis heel.”

Troy dashed off up the road towards the Zombie. So far he had only seen one so maybe his crazy plan might work. Halfway towards it, it's nose came up and suddenly it started to charge him, it's speed picking up drastically. He split off from Anubis and as expected it orientated on him.
“Anubis Take down.”
Anubis streaked ahead as Troy followed. He latched onto the Zombies outstretched arm and ripped downwards with his considerable body weight. The Zombie went tumbling forwards and Troy was there in seconds. This was the part where he normally cuffed the suspect, today though he plunged his knife deep into his throat and then ripping it out he stabbed it back into it's ear and into the brain. Backing off he called Anubis to heel and watched as the body twitched for a little bit and then lay still, a pool of green blood widening around it. Stepping back over he retrieved his knife, cleaning it on the Zombies clothes before jogging back to the others. By the time he had got there they had finished the job. “Okay we have to hurry up and get this done, from what I have just learnt our guns are not the advantage we thought they were.”

Luckily the rest of the plan went off without a hitch. They spiked the main road. The Auxiliary road around the tower and some of the vine paths. The extended road to the wetlands a little way down and the road to the private residence to the end of the first vines. They were as covered as they could get.

Troy called a meeting at dinner time and because the guys that had been out with him already knew he let them eat first and then sent them out on guard duty with Steve up in the tower. Anubis and the pup were on patrol duty. After everyone had eaten Troy began. “Alright people we discovered something today that is going to effect us all and how we are going to defend ourselves from now on. It seems these Zombies are attracted to loud noises. Not too much of a problem for our living conditions as not much sound escapes this place. The problem is our guns. When we fire one of these guys off in this type of terrain a normal human is going to hear it a fair way off. These Zombies seem to have above average hearing so a shot is going to bring every one of them for miles around to see what that was. It may take them awhile but they will get here. Now we had a big fight here today so I am expecting more of them over the coming days. Hopefully they will only be drawn to the general area so they may miss us. Rules are except for emergencies and guard duties everyone stays inside. We guard in pairs on the ground and if anyone leaves their post again they will be thrown out no excuses.” Troy glared at Scott here and a few others did too and he cringed in his seat. “ It's not all grim news though. We do have a few weapons we can use against the Zombies without making noise.” Troy showed them the hunting bow and three others they had found neatly wrapped up at the top of Mr Thomson's closet. Two were adult size and one was a child’s. It looked like he was going to surprise his kids with them and take them on a hunting trip soon. Maddy had cried when she had found them but she was glad now that she had. “I also know how to make more of these and crossbows out of numerous things, but remember this is a winery people we have the tools to make bows and arrows here.” This cheered everyone up. “Ok I am going to need to talk to anyone that worked in the barrel plant and the rest of you should get some sleep.”

Everyone trotted off to bed and Troy was left with one older gentleman, a younger employee that he had seen on guard duty and Brett. He noticed another guy standing in the shadows and gave him a slight nod and he moved off. “So you have all worked in the barrel room I take it?”
All three nodded but Troy noticed that Brett and the employee glanced at the older guy with respect.
Holding his hand out Troy began “ You seem to be the guy to talk to.”
The man's eyes lit up and he shook Troy's hand firmly. “Names Percy. Worked here thirty years and there's not much I don't know about bending and shaping wood. I heard what you said and I reckon we can do it. Got some wood in the shop that can make some right decent bows and some dowelling that we can make into arrows. Problem becomes what do we use for bow strings and grips for the bows, and flights and tips for the arrows?”
Troy had been thinking of that himself. “Grips will be easy. If need be we will use pillow stuffing and duct tape,” He grinned. “The strings are harder but maybe thin piano wire or something similar.”
Percy nodded, “Right you are, that could work but we would need to make leather gloves or shooting pads for the archers so they don't rip there fingers open.”
Troy hadn't thought of that and he grinned. He had a treasure in this man. “The tips of the arrows we can just round off and fire harden for now until we can create a mould we can make heads with melted metal from scrap around here.”
Brett piped up, “I can do that sir, I was good at carving and metal work. Some of the sculptures around here are mine.”
Troy was debating but at a small nod from Percy he gave Brett the go ahead.
“Now it's just the flights. I know we have a lot of feathers from ducks and chickens but I have no clue how to do them. Plus they will run out. I would prefer to do synthetic ones, but again I have no clue.”
The young kid gave a cough then introduced himself. “The names David sir and i'm pretty handy with a computer. I could probably find out how it's done and have some ready by the time the first arrows are ready to be done.”
“Well then David get on it but you are still to help out Percy, that goes for you to Brett. I want us all armed with spares in case they break and lots of arrows. When the bows are done switch to just arrows and if you need help David rope in what help you need, you too Brett. Ok guess we can start tomorrow. Good luck you three we will need those bows so you will be exempt from guard duty.”

End Day 6

Pop: 19
 
Louise looked at his embarrassed face and couldnt help but giggle "That'd be nice" she said seeing he still held her hand.

"Sorry about that Carol I wont interfere but me and Cramer here can get you anything you need as long as you ask. If you dont mind helping me pick out some things for upstairs id appreciate it. The kids get bored I try keeping em calm and entertained through all this shit and I help out where I can" she smiled " You went through some tough things at the armory huh?" She said looking at his slightly scruffy appearance.

''Yeah surprised, scared the hell out of us, and pissed us off. It was touch and go for a long time and extremely stressed out. My heart about jumped out of my chest when they took Ria and Cassie. But after we told them we'd trade them for food, Deacon had surprise for them we rigged it with explosives. After that with Ria and Cassie on the inside, Bart was sniping from a hilltop. Deacon threw his home made Napalm, I rushed into the blown out facade. It was Hunter that brought the rigged food, Derry used the Flame thrower too.

Realizing I'm still holding Louise delicate yet strong hands, feeling slightly embarrassed I let her hand free. ''I usually git run outta of the kitchen bein I snitch bites now and agin.'' Mrs. Asthuli looks over her shoulder with a slight smile ''Now Homer...don't fib Allah see you snitch bites frequently.'' she says in a slightly playful admonishing toned Farsi accent. I grin back at her and Louise with a slow shrug of broad shoulders. ''I'm only a typical redneck we do have big ole appetites.''

After I'd been leaning with my back against the wall all this time, standing up straight to strength with a grunt. ''Well I better go shower I must smell like a billy goat by now. See ya'll gals at supper...oh I reckon they'll be a meeting after, we're gonna have to find a new home. Then I remember I'd already met Louise before now, her Mr. and Mrs. Asthuli, the blonde guy, and Adder. I push my hands into my jean pockets and head to the showers.
 
Last edited:
Deacon

After my alteration with Danniel, I found myself inside the supply room, down in one corner I found a rat pack (ration pack), the tastier foodstuffs had been removed, first I wondered who had placed it there. But that worry was short-lived, I found myself a clean shirt as the one I had smelled of napalm, cordite and burnt flesh. I left the room and found most of the people fading out of my way, news travelled fast it seemed. From Derry's body language she seemed quite tired, so taking a gamble, I headed for her room. Slowly and silently I entered and as I had thought, she was asleep, I hunkered down next to her, gently brushing her hair away from her face and gave her a gentle kiss on the cheek. I waited a few moments longer, watching her as she slept, then I got up and left as silently as I came.

I collected a bottle of water and used it to fix myself a meal from the dry rations, after wolfing that down and tossing away the now empty pack, I felt a bit better. I headed for the showers and had just stepped into a shower when somebody came in, I peeked out and found it to be Cramer, I ducked back under the water,

"Hey big guy, how are you holding up?"
 
Ria
and Peter


Slightly perplexed I had watched Bart and Hunter walk pass Peter and me without saying a word and leaving the Knight. I looked as Scotty closed the fire door behind them and caught a sneering glance in my direction. It only lasted for a fraction of a second on his face before he smiled and told us the laundry was going well, that most clothes and bedding had been washed and lost the moldy smell.

Things had been damp just a bit too long.

I looked at Peter, curious if he had seen the expression on Scotty's face as well but he seemed to be thinking of something else. Cassie passed us in a hurry, and slipped through the door just before Scotty had it fully closed.

"Now where is she going?" Peter wondered, looked at me and my only answer was a baffled look and a shoulder shrug. I had no idea. I, for one, was more than pleased to be inside, showered and safe after what had happened to us at the armory. Must be the twenty-something years she is younger than me, I thought.

"Shall we do a round? The two of us?" Peter slipped an arm around my shoulder and led me away from the door. Deacon came out off the pantry with a small package in his hands.

First halt was the pantry. It looked a real mess. Of course they had loaded a lot of stuff into Hunter's truck, and hadn't paid much attention too what they took, but it seemed a lot more than that was missing. We had eaten the last two days, Carol and her helpers had fed us well, mostly fresh stuff too, but Carla's ordering hand was missing. Her desk was a chaos too. I picked up a block and a pen. I walked into the room, noticed the haphazard pile of new stuff and looked helpless at Peter, who now shrugged his shoulders.

"Maybe we should carry Carla in here?" he thought aloud. "She could direct Scotty and some others? And make notes? We really need to know what we have!" He picked up an other block, glanced over the top page. "Carol has written down what she has used the last days. But I have seen more people than Deacon now taking a little something and I don't think they have made a note of what they took. That has to stop, Ria!"

I nodded, and made a note on my block: "Pantry - organization - Carla's responsible, Carol too, who else? Who may take what when? Who assists Carla and Carol?" I hoped Cassie came back soon and showed us the lists she had made for all the tasks.

Next stop was the 'shop' beside my room. Clothes were put on shelves, or still in sacks and suitcases, in laundry baskets. No idea what was clean and what was dirty. It had seemed a good idea to tell people to get what they needed and drop dirty clothes in one of the baskets at the door, but now ... A chaos. I doubted even Scotty knew what was what. And it wasn't hygienic also. Next not on my block was about this.

The shelfs with hygienic articles looked depleted too. In front of them some stood some cartons with toothpaste, soap, shampoo and other things.

"I'll take this in my hands," Peter sighed. "It won't take too much time to sort through it and make lists."

"Peter head off hygienic supplies!" was the next I wrote down.

"Or ... should or could Edna do this? If you help her to sort it out, she could keep up, I think? You could help Scotty to get the clothes back in order too, Ann and Amy could help him and keep an eye on him somewhat. I don't fully trust him, Peter, he seems, I don't know. The way he sneered at me at the door ..."

I kept writing while I talked and jumped when I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Sorry", Peter said softly, "I wasn't sure. You saw it too then?" I nodded. He looked worried. "I now remember one of the kids told me Scotty carried some food away from the pantry and didn't bring it to Carol." He paused, looked me in the eye, bitter and pleadingly it seemed. "I'll keep an eye on him. Really, I really will. I don't want something as Lex happening to us again! That was my fault, Ria. It was!" He said bitter when I shook my head. "I might already have had a touch of Napoleon then, but I promised you I would control him before you went out the first time. I am sorry. I really am. I wanted to go out, proposed it on Saturday to a few, but then I let you take the risk on Monday and didn't bother with Lex! The Attack was my fault!"

I put my hand on his shoulder. Rubbed it while I shook my head, my throat too closed to say something. I pulled his head toward me when he suppressed a sob. The block fell to the ground when I wrapped my arms around him. A long moment we stood together in a tight hug, his shoulders shaking once in a while.

"It is alright, Peter. We will find a new place, make a new start" I said hoarsely. "Things have happened nobody wanted to happen and nobody in his right mind would have done what led to the Attack. I wonder if Lex had Napoleon too. I mean he was scum, but all the same ... I don't know. You distrusted the others, leaders and other Knights when you were ill, Daniel had his mind on his ex, Thomas makes new laws about sex and the sexes; it almost seems to me Napoleon makes you fixate and exaggerate on something already on your mind?"

He took a deep breath and pushed himself away a bit, just enough he lifted his head from my shoulder and could look me in the eyes.

"It might be. I don't know. I have a lot to make up for, Ria."

"No!" I stated in a clear voice. "You were ill! You don't have to make up for that. You can't! You were not in your right mind. It is as simple as that. It wasn't you acting the way you did." I grinned when I remembered how annoyed I had been when he acted like a politician hunting for votes. I kissed him on his cheek (had to rise to the tips of my toes to do that!) and told him how annoyed I had been. I only exaggerated it a bit until he curled his lips in a half smile.

"Thanks hon. Now," a real smile on his lips now, "shall we check the kitchen? We might just be able to get there in time to get dishes pushed in our hands though."
 
I place my jeans, Ducks jersey, underwear, and socks on my shelf ''I think I'll live Deacon, even though I don't smell like it.'' Sitting down on a bench removing my flannel and tshirt, boots, socks. Standing I shuck my jeans and underwear, stepping to the shower to turn on the water. Getting my toiletry kit removing body wash for it, adjusting the water steam rises around me. Lathering myself thoroughly and rinsing as thoroughly, I quickly turn off the water grabbing my towel. Drying myself entirely along with my hair, dressing without a moments time waisted.

''Hey big man, did ye meet that purty lil redhead Louise yet? Now no joke she literally didn't see me, and bounced off and was set smack dab on her ass.'' Chuckling with a grin waiting for his reaction to this, I expected to get and little ribbing from him about it. ''Now I can actually say guess who I bumped into today.'' Putting the body wash back into my toiletry kit, gathering up my dirty clothes to fold them up . I figured between Deacon and myself, we had just enough for a load of laundry.

''How bout we go to the annex and wash our clothes? I don't want my jeans ruined by Scotty do you? Besides we need to get to the meeting, this place has really gone to hell overnight And I get the feeling shits about to hit the fan again, I got a sixth sense about thangs always have.'' A grim expression had returned to my face, as my mood had began to darken. Taking more human lives even though they had deserved it, a good bit more damage sank down deeper into my soul.
 
Last edited:
"Can't say that I have met Louise yet, sounds like she made an impression on you. You sure you didn't see her? Perhaps you planned bumping into her, it is after all a good conversation starter."

I chuckled at my joke, got out and dried myself off, slipping into my underwear and pants as Cramer stepped out.

"Part of that feeling could be the alteration I had with Danny. I kinda explained to him what I think about how he treated Cassie and what he should do to get himself sorted...though in fairness I might have ticked the guy off instead of get my point across."

I picked up the dirty clothing,

"Let's go get this stuff washed, I doubt that I'd be joining the meeting though, I have to check what they did to my work area while we were gone."

As we headed for the annex, I looked at him, I could see the losses he had suffered had opened a door to a darker place and the people he had to kill just pushed that door open wider. It was a look in his eyes, a slight slump in the shoulders,

"It takes guts you know."

At his puzzled expression I went on,

"To show mercy in situations that you can't control. Mr Asthuli for starters, to do what he asked of you takes guts. Others would have clung to the hope that perhaps they could save him and in the end caused him untold suffering. That Lex guy? He threatened your life and the life of the people you have taken into your fold of friendship. You were protecting your own, the fact that he deserved it has nothing to do with it. Then at the compound, we both killed men, hell I napalmed some poor bastard, but we did it to protect ourselves, to save two of our own. I doubt any of them were close to sane anyway, maybe Leo, but I don't trust him."

I placed a hand on Cramer's shoulder,

"We do what we must, don't dwell on it, don't hide it away where it can fester. Talk about it, it's the only way to keep your soul and your mind sane."

I gave him a crooked grin and pushed open the door to where the washing machines were
 
Derry

I woke up from my nap and looked at my watch, (nearly time for the evening meeting, geezzz I'd better get a move on!) I sat up and stretched, before reaching for my shoes. Quickly slipping them on I took a quick look in the mirror, finger combed my hair,(Should I braid it? No I don't want to be late I'll just have to go looking like I just got out of bed). Frowning slightly I turned and rushed out of my room closing the door behind me. It didn't take to long to get to the meeting, it seemed like lots of people wanted to be there too. I nodded and smiles as I passed some that I knew.

As I entered the general meeting room I could see that most of the chairs had been filled. Looking around for Deacon, I did spot Cramer, sitting beside a vacant chair. I smiled as I made my way over to him. Putting my hand on Cramer's shoulder I bent down and whispered,

"Hey Cramer.....is that chair taken?"

He pulled the vacant chair out for me, I slid into it and smiled,

"Thank you, is Deacon going to make it to this meeting and where is Cassie? I was hoping to catch up on what has been going on with her today."

I took a quick look around the room then turned back to Cramer,

"I believe she may not show up, oh well she must have something important to do, so tell me what have you guys been up to since I last saw you?"

As Cramer caught me up on his news, I couldn't help but wonder where Cassie had gotten to.
 
Last edited:
I listened to Deacon while he spoke heading to the laundry room. ''I was just leaning back against the wall and boink! I helped her up and shook her hand, and like a igit I forgot to let go.'' As Deacon say my mood darken he tries talking sense into me, the big man had a point I would defend my people. His words sank in slowly and my mood lightened up a bit, I didn't say anything and only nodded with a grim smile.

As he gave me that crooked grin of his, he opened the door to the annex laundry room door. "Phew Louise was right is does smell funky in here!'' Stepping through the door to the washing machine, lifting the lid my clothes go in followed by Deacon's. Adding the detergent and softer turned it on, leaning up against the wall with my shoulder.

''I feel like the troops that came back from a war zone. I have a loop of the faces of those I killed. Guess it's a good thing I don't feel right about it.'' I really didn't know what else to say to him after a long the moment, I knew I wouldn't be talking to anyone else but Deacon that's for damned sure. The washer had ran through it's cycles, Deacon pulls out our clothes loading them into the dryer. Having something to do even if it's only laundry, we weren't the type of men to not sit around doing nothing.

I let him deal with unloading the dryer, we folded the clothes and put them into a basket. It was time to get to the meeting. ''Ye ain't goin to the meetin or ye gonna stick me with goin by myself?'' Walking out of the annex laundry room holding the door for him, reaching the ole Knight heading into the meeting. Taking a seat an empty one sat to my left, Derry caught me by surprise and I jumped.

"Hey Cramer...is that chair taken?" I look up at her a slight grin on my face. She took a quick look around the room then turned back to me, "I believe she may not show up, oh well she must have something important to do, so tell me what have you guys been up to since I last saw you?" I told Derry all I knew which wasn't much about Cassie, and that the big man had been with me doing the laundry. ''With Cassie who the hell knows what that gal's about to go and do next?''
 
Last edited:
Ria

The meeting


Just as Peter had predicted we both got told to grab a bowl with vegetables when we showed up in the kitchen. As in the days before, we brought them to the cafeteria down in the media sector. Nobody liked to sit in the dining area in front of the pantry anymore. Too dim it was there now.

Dinner was okay. Spaghetti with cauliflower and cheese. Not a combination I would have thought of, but it tasted quite nice. Quite a lot of people had shown up, and since the sick ate in the sickbay we had just enough chairs.

Max sat down with us and I added a lot of points to my list. So many, we were among the last to clean our table and head to the meeting room.

People were chatting, some of the kids played games on the floor, the chatting stopped when Peter welcomed everyone to the meeting, the games continued, especially the Monopoly players seemed too engulfed in their game to pay attention to what Peter said.

"Basically it comes down to: A) sort everything and get the Knight back to what it was before or B) sort everything and start packing it while we look for an other place", Peter ended his monologue. "I, we, know you have been talking about what to do for a few days. Please take five minutes more to discuss amongst yourself before we open the discussion to decide which of the two possibilities it will be so that we can decide which steps have to be taken from now on. We have been in a kind of limbo for too long now. Or we bring the Knight back to glory, which will take effort or we move to another place which also won't be easy."
 
Back
Top