Bitcoin

The Winklevoss twins are now Bitcoin billionaires

The Winklevoss twins are now Bitcoin billionaires


From an $11 million investment in 2013


The Winklevoss twins, famously known for suing Mark Zuckerberg after claiming he stole their idea for Facebook, are now Bitcoin billionaires, according to a few reports. Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss won $65 million from the Facebook lawsuit, and invested $11 million of their payout into Bitcoin in 2013, amassing one of the largest portfolios of Bitcoin in the world — 1 percent of the entire currency’s dollar value equivalent, said the twins at the time. Their slice of the Bitcoin pie is now worth over $1 billion after Bitcoin surged past $10,000 last week to now trade at $11,100, according to CoinDesk. The cryptocurrency has surged over 10,000 percent since the Winklevoss’ investment, when one coin traded at around $120.

"If Bitcoin is a better gold or seen as a type of gold-like asset, then it could be in the trillions on a market cap," Tyler Winklevoss told CNNMoney in 2015. "We do feel those are very real possibilities." The twins have never sold a single Bitcoin, reports The Telegraph, noting that only a handful of Bitcoin wallets hold more than $1 billion worth of the cryptocurrency. One of those wallets belongs to the mysterious inventor, known only under the pseudonym of Satoshi Nakamoto.

634303794.jpg.0.jpg


https://www.theverge.com/2017/12/4/16732952/winklevoss-twins-bitcoin-billionaires-surge
 
Read plenty of Hobbes, hero is Jefferson, lifelong student of America's revolutionary political founding, have read numerous times, documented and presented every single word of Madison's Notes...

...but thanks for your amateur opinion, anyway.

You obviously have absolutely no understanding what Bitcoin actually is (aside from your obvious $whore attraction), nor what its blockchain foretells of the literal INDEPENDENCE of all who somehow do figure it out someday.

You keep reading Hobbes WORDS, wannabe. I've graduated to Ƀ's ACTION...

...and that certainly has nothing to do with $whoredom at all.
 
Still haven't seen any indication you understand what you read. And just what are you purchasing on the dark web with your bitcoins, anyway...? :confused: :eek: :D
 
Still haven't seen any indication you understand what you read. And just what are you purchasing on the dark web with your bitcoins, anyway...? :confused: :eek: :D

Any one who happens to possess Ƀ and uses even a Satoshi (= シ = 0.00000001 of 1Ƀ; 1シ currently = app $12USD ) of it to purchase ANYTHING, ANYWHERE, is a complete $whore fool who's proving it by throwing pure value out the window.

Ƀ: it's not money, stupid.

Back in 2011, 1Ƀ finally rose in value to equate to $1USD; since then its value has just increased astronomically, and currently 1Ƀ = app $11,667.30USD...

Meanwhile, as already offered above, 1シ (remember, just 0.00000001 of 1Ƀ) already = > $12USD.

It's the value, stupid.

But, don't feel lonely: literally 99 out of every 100 people who've even heard of Ƀ, and this applies to ALL the crony capitalist $whores, too - whether individual speculators or corporate or government wishful imitators - know even less than you do know about what Ƀ and its blockchain actually is/means.

You're welcome.
 
Any one who happens to possess Ƀ and uses even a Satoshi (= シ = 0.00000001 of 1Ƀ; 1シ currently = app $12USD ) of it to purchase ANYTHING, ANYWHERE, is a complete $whore fool who's proving it by throwing pure value out the window.

Ƀ: it's not money, stupid.

Back in 2011, 1Ƀ finally rose in value to equate to $1USD; since then its value has just increased astronomically, and currently 1Ƀ = app $11,667.30USD...

Meanwhile, as already offered above, 1シ (remember, just 0.00000001 of 1Ƀ) already = > $12USD.

It's the value, stupid.

But, don't feel lonely: literally 99 out of every 100 people who've even heard of Ƀ, and this applies to ALL the crony capitalist $whores, too - whether individual speculators or corporate or government wishful imitators - know even less than you do know about what Ƀ and its blockchain actually is/means.

You're welcome.

Sounds like you're using bitcoins to purchase what most people are purchasing with bitcoins. Hardcore drugs. :eek:

Perhaps it's time you consider checking yourself in to the hospital. Again.
 
Sounds like you're using bitcoins to purchase what most people are purchasing with bitcoins. Hardcore drugs. :eek:

Perhaps it's time you consider checking yourself in to the hospital. Again.

:D

Wannabe, I've had the very owner of this website totally fabricate her own Forum Guideline-violating accusation against me and proclaim she'd instantly ban me if I ever mentioned her own Forum Guideline-violating accusation again...

And you just want to show off your crayon talent by drawing such juvenile shit as that above?

roflmao.gif


BTW: the US government has been bad mouthing/lying about their own fabricated evils re: Ƀ; eg: every single Ƀ transaction is immutably inserted into blocks on that chain and that series of all immutable blocks - the blockchain - is totally public? No? here:

https://btc.com/

That's that website owner's interpretation of a blockchain explorer - where anyone can explore every block of the blockchain. Of course, like most everything else, the more actual knowledge you possess about blockchain, the easier you understand all the information presented to your by any blockchain explorer offering.

See that # up in the top-left corner under the "Height" heading? That's the current number of blocks on the blockchain, going back all the way to when the first block - Block 0, aka the Genesis block - was mined on January 3, 2009 @ 18:15:05 GMT - 9 years ago next month.

When your eyes travel all the way to the left, under "Block Hash" heading, you see the specific encrypted code for all the info in that block...

...point is: every single Ƀ transaction can easily be followed - NO MATTER if Pablo Escobar sells his stash on the scary "dark/deep net" or Mother Teresa buys some Ƀ on the little net to donate to the poor.

Ƀ, as a store of value, can be hodled, sold, traded, exchanged, bought EXACTLY LIKE EVERY OTHER store of value. Just like any car can be used in a bank robbery...

You know what's far, far more sinisterly secret than Ƀ and cryptocurrency goes? Monero - that's what bozos who need to think they're buying anything on the deep net in secret actually use.

But Monero doesn't and can never possibly hold the ABSOLUTE REVOLUTIONARY POWER & POTENTIAL first-of-its-kind Ƀ and its first-of-its-kind blockchain naturally encode.

And that's why the govt badmouths it, 'cause, think about it, what is unarguably the most PRIVATE, UNTRACEABLE transaction unit of value of all; the unit of currency of choice for drug dealers and everyone else?

:D

Yep: good 'ol American greenbacks - cash. And who creates that cash? Government. And who totally controls everything about that cash - all the way down to commanding banks to keep government advised of how that cash is handled by ALL individuals - whether those individuals are up to no good or not. And the banks? What perks do they get playing the government cartel's cash game exactly as the government commands?

Remember what happened in America just 9-10 short years ago? Back in 2007-2008 when, after years of government creating law and twisting bank arms (with tons of crony capitalist/statism back-slapping cash exchanging) to allow everyone to buy their own piece of the American dream, to purchase their own home, whether they could afford it or not, whether they even had a job or not, with no down payment required at all...remember that bubble purposely made by US government and their crony capitalist brethren banks? Remember home prices literally soaring through the roof, and virtually everyone in the home loan and then the exponentially sinister derivatives markets making all the leveraged cash they could? Remember those banks' and financial institutions reporting profits the world had never seen before?

POP!

...TO BE CONTINUED.
 
Bitcoin surges over $15,000 despite 'Dante's Inferno' warning – as it happened

It’s been another riproaring day for bitcoin, as the cryprocurrency surged to new all-time highs.

Starting the day at $13,600, bitcoin smashed through $14,000 for the first time ever in early European trading. By 9am in New York, it was surging through $15,000.

In increasing frenzied trading, bitcoin then hit $19,000 on the coindesk exchange (although Reuters never clocked it above $15,995).

It then subsided, as bitcoin exchanges admitted they were struggling to keep up with the huge trading volumes.

At today’s prices, the total value of every bitcoin in the world is roughly equal to the market capitalisation of credit card firm Visa.

The surge came despite fresh warnings that bitcoin could be a bubble.

Sir Howard Davies, chair of Royal Bank of Scotland, said top central banks should cite Dante’s famous warning from the gates of hell - ‘Abandon hope all ye who enter here’.

In the last 12 months, bitcoin has now gained around 2,000%. It’s gone from $11,000 to over $15,000 this week alone, amid signs that retail investors are piling in.

Bitcoin is due to enter the mainstream next week, when clearing houses begin offering futures trading. But, several US banks are reluctant to take part, according to the Wall Street Journal.

Analysts are split over whether futures trading will bring some calm to bitcoin. It could push the price down, as investors will be able to bet on a crash. But if money keeps pouring in, the price could head higher....

But investors were also reminded of the dangers of cybercrime, as a bitcoin wallet firm revealed it had been hacked.

580.jpg
 
By the Time You Read This, Bitcoin Will Have a Wildly Different Price

We’re hitting a sort of news singularity with Bitcoin at this point. The rush to report price changes can’t keep pace with the reality. In 24 short hours, its trading price has gone from around $12,000 to $16,000. Now the biggest question is: How long is it going to be before these investors are putting us all at risk?

ya4bkxujbqna3udmqaj0.gif


As I write this post, Coinbase values a single bitcoin at $16,949.94, and by the time you read it, the price could blow past a million or drop to nothing. In January, you could’ve picked one up for $780. All year, we’ve seen the price of cryptocurrencies yo-yo based on news of tighter regulations, hacks, digital kittens, and many other factors. Each new twist in the Bitcoin yarn causes a momentary kink before the price spirals up and up again.

On Monday, the SEC’s cyberunit initiated its first fraud case against an initial coin offering. We know that fraud is rampant in the ICO world, and we know that Bitcoin enthusiasts respond to the SEC the way a vampire reacts to garlic. But it hasn’t mattered. Reports that hackers have stolen $60 million from NiceHash Bitcoin wallets on Thursday were greeted with a shrug. We’re just used to hackers raiding millions now. A new alt-coin called IOTA announced a partnership with Microsoft last week, and it’s quickly become the fourth biggest cryptocurrency, according to CoinMarketCap. It now appears that the partnership with Microsoft announcement was just based on a Microsoft employee congratulating IOTA for joining its Azure platform for development, rather than any sort of implied endorsement from the software giant. But IOTA is still the number four cryptocurrency.

News that investors will not be able to ignore is the launch of Bitcoin futures. Cboe and CME are ready to give the average Joe a chance to bet against Bitcoin without having to buy any of it, starting December 10th and 17th, respectively. That looming launch could explain Thursday’s incredible explosion of activity. Maybe people just genuinely feel that futures are going to be a healthy development for the future of Bitcoin. Bloomberg has argued that futures might help stabilize the runaway Bitcoin prices. Unfortunately, in the short term, it’s possible that big time Bitcoin players are pumping the price before betting against it and dumping their holdings. That could work out fine in the long run, or it could make fair-weather investors walk away. And we don’t know how many novices are out there.

The cruel twist to all of this is that we seem to be heading for exactly the opposite outcome that Bitcoin’s pseudonymous creator, Satoshi Nakamoto, intended when they first wrote the white paper. Nakamoto and his collaborators hoped to build a peer-to-peer cash system that could be used to avoid the kind of financial collapse that occurred in 2008. The fact that the traditional bank, markets, and world governments are getting wrapped up in cryptocurrencies raises a lot of concern that Bitcoin investors who knew the risks won’t be the only ones to go down when the bubble bursts. Your grandmother doesn’t have to be able to use a computer to have her pension wiped out if the financial jackals get too carried away.

An industry group that counts all of Wall Street’s major banks sent a letter to the Commodity Futures Trading Commission last week urging regulators to reconsider the allowance of Bitcoin futures trading. The letter insisted the quick approval process “did not allow for proper public transparency and input.” That’s certainly not to say that Wall Street banks are trying to do something good. If there’s money to be made down the line, you’ll see every one of these banks show that they’re more than willing to let investors take on an insane amount of risk, just like they did with real estate in 2008.

“Irrational exuberance” is the phrase being thrown around right now by a lot of people. It dates back to Alan Greenspan’s warnings about the incoming dot-com bubble in 1996. At the time the bubble burst, $1.755 trillion in value was wiped from internet stocks. Fred Wilson, co-founder of Union Square Ventures, survived the dot-com bubble and made a lot of money in tech. These days, his firm is one of the biggest investors in Coinbase, a popular bitcoin exchange. Wilson is a respected, no-nonsense kind of guy who’s bullish on cryptocurrencies. He’ll probably end up making money no matter what. And his reflections on the dot-com bubble are worth keeping in mind. “A friend of mine has a great line,” he once said. “‘Nothing important has ever been built without irrational exuberance.’” His point is that a lot of money was lost, and a lot of people were hurt when the bubble burst, but the bubble also invested in the infrastructure that allows us to enjoy the internet today. On Tuesday, Greenspan told CNBC that Bitcoin is “not a rational currency”—and he didn’t mean it solely as criticism. He seemed to hint at the same notion that Wilson was getting at: This is all just capitalism doing its thing.

Wilson’s outlook might prove cryptocurrency enthusiasts to be right. We could be laying the groundwork for the blockchain future, and it’s going to be messy along the way. If the history of capitalism is any indication, a few people are going to get very rich off of this, and a lot of people will suffer. There are currently an estimated 200 Bitcoin billionaires at the moment. That’s 200 more people that have the potential to hoard the world’s wealth. And when a reckoning comes, they’ll still end up being rich.

Analysts are steadily beating the drum that a financial crisis is on its way. They go in cycles and we’re due for one. Right now, the world of finance is riding a big high, and setbacks are called “wobbles.” The consumer bureau that was set up to protect help prevent another crash is now run by a guy working to destroy it. Regulations help prevent wobbles from becoming crashes, and the White House is doing its best to kill as many of them as possible. Throwing Bitcoin into this environment seems like a bad move. I’d warn you not to invest in cryptocurrency because you’ll probably get screwed. But, unfortunately, you might get screwed by it anyway.
 
Correction Coming? Bitcoin Retreats After $17k High

Correction Coming? Bitcoin Retreats After $17k High


Bitcoin prices are suffering this morning, following a record spike to over $17,000 overnight.

As per CoinDesk's Bitcoin Price Index (BPI), the cryptocurrency looked set to revisit the new high of $17,364 hit yesterday at 16:29 UTC, but ran out of steam at $17,153.94 at 1:59 UTC.

Since then, however, bitcoin has taken a sharp downturn and was last trading at $14,794 levels at time of writing – a drop of close to $2,500 since yesterday's high.

BTC has appreciated close to 150 percent over the last five weeks on speculation that a move to the mainstream via an entrance to the futures contracts market would increase demand for the cryptocurrency. That's even though the institutional money would be chasing the synthetic derivatives that seldom impact the underlying asset (bitcoin).

Further, as CoinDesk reported, the world's largest investment banks believe the financial system is ill-prepared for the launch of bitcoin futures and have called for a postponement of the listings.

Currently, it looks like the markets may be heeding the warning. Having shown signs of exhaustion near record highs earlier today, the sell-off is picking up pace and BTC is now down over 12 percent for the session, as per the BPI.

The price chart analysis also indicates that the odds of a technical correction have increased over the last 24 hours.

As noted yesterday, historical data show bitcoin price suffers a notable technical pullback only on confirmation of a bearish price-RSI divergence and/or if the RSI and stochastic move lower from the overbought territory.

There is no evidence yet of a bearish price-RSI divergence, but the stochastic has moved lower from the overbought territory (marked by circles). A correction could gather pace once the RSI also breaks below 70.00 levels.


https://www.coindesk.com/correction-coming-bitcoin-prices-retreat-after-spike-to-17000/
 
If I want to get a bitcoin to put in my safe at the house and take out every once in a while and stare at, how do I get it?
 
If I want to get a bitcoin to put in my safe at the house and take out every once in a while and stare at, how do I get it?

Here's what your bitcoin would look like:

E9873D79C6D87DC0FB6A5778633389F4453213303DA61F20BD67FC233AA33262

Why would you want to stare at that?
 
Is Bitcoin the Most Obvious Bubble Ever?

Is Bitcoin the Most Obvious Bubble Ever?

To call Bitcoin the biggest and most obvious bubble in modern history may be a disservice to its surreality.

The price of bitcoin has doubled four times this year. In early January, one bitcoin was worth about $1,000. By May, it hit $2,000. In June, it breached $4,000. By Thanksgiving, it was $8,000. Two weeks later, it was $16,000.

...see here for the entire article... https://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2017/12/bitcoin-bubble/547952/

lead_960.jpg
 
Last edited:
Here's what your bitcoin would look like:

E9873D79C6D87DC0FB6A5778633389F4453213303DA61F20BD67FC233AA33262

Why would you want to stare at that?

So what you're saying is there is no tangible asset. This could get interesting. Or is there an unending supply of greater fools?
 
Bitcoin hits another record high in march toward $20,000

Virtual currency bitcoin hit another all-time peak Tuesday, two days after the launch of the first bitcoin futures on a U.S. exchange and ahead of the start of another futures contract next week, as investors grew optimistic that the $20,000 mark is within reach.

Bitcoin, the world's biggest and best-known cryptocurrency, was quoted at $17,310 on the Luxembourg-based Bitstamp exchange, up 5.1 percent on the day. Earlier Tuesday bitcoin hit a record high of $17,428.42, registering a roughly 20-fold increase in its price for the year as it drew in millions of new investors.

... https://www.msn.com/en-ca/money/mar...r20000/ar-BBGF47Q?li=AAgh0dA&ocid=mailsignout
 
IF any of you are Poker fans, just watch Poker After Dark on PokerGO, They can't get more than about 20 minutes before talking about bitcoin.
 
Bitcoin’s price plunges amid broad cryptocurrency sell-off

Bitcoin’s price plunges amid broad cryptocurrency sell-off.


After rocketing to a high above $19,500 last Sunday, bitcoin's price has been steadily dropping this week. Those losses accelerated overnight, with the cryptocurrency falling below $13,000.

Bitcoin's losses come amid a broad cryptocurrency selloff. As of Friday morning, every major cryptocurrency was posting double-digit 24-hour losses. Ethereum is down 28 percent over the last 24 hours, Bitcoin Cash is down 37 percent, and Litecoin is down 32 percent.

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy...down-33-percent-from-highs-earlier-this-week/

chart-2-800x296.png
 
Your bro "WoundedKnee" had called 10 consecutive market corrections prior to the bitcoin crash, I hope he was able to close his position out okay.

I'm not too enthused about a cryptocurrency that can go away when the lights go out.
 
Back
Top