words to avoid in erotic poetry

truncheon is generally bad too, although some possibilities exist...
Violence

I heard her moans through the wall
and the steady thud, thud, thud
like a truncheon pounding on a rioter

and if it was not for the strained squeak
of their overworked bedsprings
I would have dialed 911.¹

¹ 999 for those of you in the UK; 000 for Aussies.

Violence

I heard her moans through the wall
and the steady thud, thud, thud
like a truncheon pounding on a rioter

and if it was not for the strained squeak
of their overworked bedsprings
I would have dialed 911.¹

¹ 999 for those of you in the UK; 000 for Aussies.

arresting piece! *sniggers* :D

Too funny today, I needed a laugh with my friends
Good to see you Tzara what's workin in that noggin, sir?

Too funny today, I needed a laugh with my friends
Good to see you Tzara what's workin in that noggin, sir?
Hi, Harry. Just taking a break from film analysis for my class. Think of it as mental doodling.

arresting piece! *sniggers* :D
Were it not for that pendant you're wearing, one might say the same thing about that avatar o' yours, m'dear, though without the snigger.

Is it just me, or does "snigger" connote smuttiness in American English (or at least northwestern American English), where "snicker," its equivalent, seems to connote snideness or dismissiveness?

Question to you Brits: Would it be possible for anyone to name a child "Fanny" anymore (like Fanny Price, protagonist of Jane Austen's Mansfield Park), given that the word has a very different connotation in British English?

Were it not for that pendant you're wearing, one might say the same thing about that avatar o' yours, m'dear, though without the snigger.

Is it just me, or does "snigger" connote smuttiness in American English (or at least northwestern American English), where "snicker," its equivalent, seems to connote snideness or dismissiveness?

Question to you Brits: Would it be possible for anyone to name a child "Fanny" anymore (like Fanny Price, protagonist of Jane Austen's Mansfield Park), given that the word has a very different connotation in British English?

Don't think anyone would get away with it now but years back there was a cooking show on TV .......... The Fanny Craddock Show and her husband made an all time faux pas one night with the utterance "And I hope all your doughnuts turn out like Fanny's"

snigger may be a good word to avoid
at least when speaking in the northeast US (the Slurvian belt)

i can hear you twirling your moustache from here ;) as it happens, i believe it's the pendant that lends a certain kapoW! to the pic :D

pretty much as i hear it, with its soupçon of suggestive smuttiness, with snicker being a less mindful, dismissive, even more shallow expression of sound/mentality.

i don't think anyone would be so cruel nowadays, but you never know. give it time and no doubt it'll make a come-back. *groans at awful punnishings* i believe the name was a diminutive of Frances? my mum's name, but i never, EVER heard anyone call her Fanny. oh my gawd, the very thought has me choking with the thought of her face had anyone tried it. :D:D:D
snigger may be a good word to avoid
at least when speaking in the northeast US (the Slurvian belt)
indeed :cool:

a season for all things, a place for most.

My entire childhood was one big lie. I thought I was watching cartoons, but I was unknowingly being taught and desensitized to the infamous c-word. :(

I have never, ever called a woman a cunt. And I had never, ever said the word in front of a woman, until Miss Oatlash told me she hates the word pussy and wanted me to call it her cunt. I guess she was "taking it back." She is a naughty, naughty woman.

And I worship her cunt.
:rose:

Last edited:
I don't know. Did you?

Given the hate, you'd think "c-word" stands for cliché.

Sorry, it's Shakespeare's pun from Hamelett.

But remember he wrote in cliche. (That's a joke too)

I am very new to writing poetry but I do find the c-word problematic. Using it can feel like a hard slap to the face. But most alternatives feel like mincing around the subject or too clinical.

I am very new to writing poetry but I do find the c-word problematic. Using it can feel like a hard slap to the face. But most alternatives feel like mincing around the subject or too clinical.
or worse
crotch notch
ah....the old Jade Gate

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=vagina
see #4
holy shit
ground zero is in there
I think he left out jelly roll, but that is rather archaic, and about 4,000 others
this one would be great as a song title
Lawrence of A Labia
I can almost hear it now.

Now will you quit asking serious questions, I'm getting too many ideas.

By the way, the one word that should be banned from all poetry forever is "azure."

It's blue, dammit! Blue!
:D

By the way, the one word that should be banned from all poetry forever is "azure."

It's blue, dammit! Blue!
:D
a cunt by any other name still...
yeah azure is cool but watch out for cerulean

Fuck you two guys. I'll use whatever damn words I want.
Here is cunt
anti-gaki
bytwelveoone©

utagaki (song hedges) google it or see the thread

"Why doncha talk poetry to me
big number boy,"

she purred
"fill me with semiotics
till my cunt explodes"

I sat there
not sure of what I heard
floundering,
fishing for the right words

Oh unrulio cerulean, I cunt make up my mind
if your hue's oh so sexually inclined
to share a palate
with
tangerine

With reference to Snigger/Snicker. My English teacher many years ago told us with a smile that, " Horses snicker and neigh - but we (people) snigger and nay."

As she was a young woman with an unimpeachable reputation I took her statement at face value - but why do I still remember 30+ years later.:)

Fuck you two guys. I'll use whatever damn words I want.
Here is cunt
anti-gaki
bytwelveoone©

utagaki (song hedges) google it or see the thread

"Why doncha talk poetry to me
big number boy,"

she purred
"fill me with semiotics
till my cunt explodes"

I sat there
not sure of what I heard
floundering,