catfish - interesting

I've watched it some. So far every episode is where one or both of the people were lying about who they were.
It piqued my interest because my wife and I met online.
The difference being that she and I saw each other on cam not too long after we started talking. Which makes it amazing to me that she actually then agreed to meet in person. LOL
 
I really enjoy that show... and it's interesting because my husband and I met online... and we only swapped pics.... but we talked on the phone as well. Neither one of us lied about what we looked like and who we were.... and it all worked out
 
I love that show, I think its really entertaining...I bet it doesn't happen quite as much on here as it does other sites. Most everyone here seems to be pretty confident with themselves and doesn't need to lie about who they are to be happy.
 
That's what the player from ND is claiming happened to him. His story keeps changing though so hard to tell if he got scammed or was lying to begin with.
 
im a bit of an exhibitionist and one of the things i love to do is be watched on cam...often times the woman i do it for does not want to be on cam as well so they just watch. several times they have put their webcam on an accident and was a guy lol. so it definitely happens here sometimes. edit: im also a huge notre dame football fan and i had never heard of the catfish thing until this ridiculous story about Manti Te'o came out.
 
I saw the Catfish movie when it first came out. I actually met a man on World of Warcraft (very romantic I know) and he bought a me a plane ticket to go see him. However the pictures he had been sending me were more than a few years old. He was way older and more bald than the pictures he had been sending, but still essentially the same person.
 
I saw the Catfish movie when it first came out. I actually met a man on World of Warcraft (very romantic I know) and he bought a me a plane ticket to go see him. However the pictures he had been sending me were more than a few years old. He was way older and more bald than the pictures he had been sending, but still essentially the same person.

Well props to you for putting yourself out there and going to meet him. Also, I really like your pictures ;)

I have also met some people off the internet who were not quite what their pictures showed...one time I walked right past the guy I had been chatting with because I didn't recognize him. That was awkward
 
Well props to you for putting yourself out there and going to meet him. Also, I really like your pictures ;)

I have also met some people off the internet who were not quite what their pictures showed...one time I walked right past the guy I had been chatting with because I didn't recognize him. That was awkward

Haha, thanks. When I got to the airport, I walked past the guy who had bought my ticket! Lol. I blamed it on the fact that I was nervous, but I really didn't recognize him.
 
I wonder how many people are looking at the name of this thread and are like "seriously? people are into catfish now...?" haha
 
However the pictures he had been sending me were more than a few years old. He was way older and more bald than the pictures he had been sending, but still essentially the same person.
I don't understand people doing that, at least if they have any expectation of ever meeting. Do they think the people won't notice?
I had a good friend who was talking with a guy, who had sent her photos. Turned out the guy was actually black (the photos were of a white guy). I guess it was lucky my friend was in to black guys. LOL
But seriously, I can't imagine that starting out a relationship with lies is the best of ideas.
 
I don't understand people doing that, at least if they have any expectation of ever meeting. Do they think the people won't notice?
I had a good friend who was talking with a guy, who had sent her photos. Turned out the guy was actually black (the photos were of a white guy). I guess it was lucky my friend was in to black guys. LOL
But seriously, I can't imagine that starting out a relationship with lies is the best of ideas.

The relationship didn't last. Turns out I'm not into fat, old, bald guys who say they're something else. I'm also not hating on fat, old, bald guys, but people thought he was my dad when we went out! Way weird.
 
The relationship didn't last. Turns out I'm not into fat, old, bald guys who say they're something else. I'm also not hating on fat, old, bald guys, but people thought he was my dad when we went out! Way weird.
Whew! Glad I'm not bald...yet LOL

People are always mistaking my wife as being my daughter. It only frustrates her when, instead of just saying, "oh, my mistake." they blabber on about it.
 
A long time ago in a far away land, I met a guy online, and we seemed to click. We arranged to meet for dinner at a local restaurant. The night before he met, he asked me "how tall did I say I was?".
Not sure why I went through with the date, but it lasted about 30 minutes, and that was about 29 minutes too long. Honestly, his height wasn't an issue; his gross exaggeration of it, however, was.
 
My wife and I met via Yahoo personals. We were both mostly looking for a friend to start, and we hit it off from the very first email. Nice to have someone who gets your wry sense of humor in print. :) I've run into a lot of scammers/bots/flakes in my time, though, so I'm still careful. But this can be a wonderful way to meet someone you'd never talk to otherwise.
 
Yeah . I couldn't change the title of this

once I posted it... lol

A worker of mine - I have a retail store- was telling me about this Catfish thing and of course the Football player Manti Te'o in the news... His 15 minutes of fame...

As far as telling the truth... JMHO... I would guess/say that in the past more people prob told the truth about who they are ( age, etc ) then now !

I would also venture to say that close of half the people on here - this Board - are either not who they say they are and /or are lying about something.
 
DO you mean

do I have one brown eye? Do I have two eyes? What color is the other eye IF I have two eyes?

Is that what you mean? huh? huh? huh?

Well according to my drivers license, my eyes are hazel. Althou I was/have been told that my eyes change colors...

OK OK... you're prob wondering how come the browneyedguy thing? huh? huh?

Welllllllll... I was on another Board years ago... and I was fliritng with these gal and she was called
Blondeyedgal. I made a "bet" that I would change my screen name at the time to Browneyedguy.
Hazeleyedguy didn't have the same ring to it... ;)
Generally that's been taken on many Boards so I settled on 1 = one .
 
Last edited:
I actually have two friends who have different colored eyes. One genetic and one from an injury as a toddler. But Heterochromiaeyedguy as a screen name might not work so well.

Back to your topic, I always wonder why people lie. There is usually someone out there for everyone.
 
Heterochromiaeyedguy ?

mmmmmmmm nope... It doesn't apply to me nor does it roll off the tongue ;)

In regard to why people lie ... the funny thing is that with the wide spread use of computers and searches and various " agencies" it seems easier to find out the truth about anyone then ever before...
 
Catfish

now I have to find that show...
I stioll find it hard to believe that this football player thought he had a real GF and he hadn't seen her at all in >???? two years... The question has come up did he use that/ her illness and death as sympathy to get in the running of the Heisman Trophy

Just in case anyone asks ... my favorite trash/reality show is HARD CORE PAWN
 
Some people lie because they want to project who they think the other person wants them to be. Like someone who claims to be a vegeterian to the new bf/gf, but chows down on steak when they're not looking. Some people are just not confident enough in their own persona to be themselves, or they have no idea who they actually are. But I still don't get why you would lie if you hope to eventually meet the person.
 
I guess you have to have a very good memory if you are going to lie. Just like QuietlyLooking with the height question, I asked someone their age for a second time because I forgot it. He replied "I already told you that. Look back in my messages." I don't really care age, height, location..... just be friendly, funny, enjoyable to spent time with but please don't lie. It will come out at some point.
 
Back
Top