The Spark {Closed for LeoHawk35 & MadameNyx}

MadameNyx

Hinc itur ad astra
Joined
Aug 17, 2009
Posts
1,365
With a yawn, the young woman awakened, her hands rubbing the sleep from startling grey-blue eyes before she carefully got up, trying not to wake her companion. Running her fingers through her long, red hair, she watched him quietly, remembering the first time she had seen him.

It had been more than ten years ago. A very young Freya had somehow gotten herself separated from her tribe. Now, she had always been a very curious youngling, so it wasn't abnormal for her to stray and be found hours later. This time though, as the sun set and the moon started to glow with her soft light, she found herself alone and cold. To this day, she wasn't sure what alerted her to him, but he was suddenly just there, watching her. They stood there for minutes or hours, she wasn't sure, but, at the end, he had just taken her in.

Now she was no longer a child. Her forearms were toned and more than a little bigger than an average human. Her body had blossomed, her womanly curves standing out on her toned body, contained in simple leather armor that somehow showed off the intricate tattoos on either side of her torso and forearms. Her grey-blue eyes stood out on a rather delicate face, and were the only hint of that special something she had that kept her acquainted with that life she had before, the one she couldn't even remember anymore.

Taking her bow, she quietly made her way towards the mouth of the cave that served as their home. She could hear the water trickling happily over rocks on its way downstream, the river only a couple of yards away from her. A couple of rabbits were about, as well as a small buck that seemed to have an injured leg as he knelt on wobbly legs to take a drink. They would make great breakfast.

After firing the three arrows at their targets, she carefully retrieved her kills, making sure that all three of them were truly dead before she brought them to the mouth of the cave. Grabbing two stones, she quickly relighted the fire she had used just the night before to cook dinner, took one of her knives and started to skin both rabbits, knowing her friend would soon wake.
 
Revennaras

Revennaras opened his eyes. The first thing he was aware of was the missing form directly across from him. He sat up quickly, hand reaching for his blade. He paused, though, when he noticed the young woman sitting by a re-lit fire pit, skinning a pair of rabbits. He tilted his head slightly and stood slowly, shaking himself slightly and belting on his sword, the whispering never gone from his mind. Ah, yes, the whispering. A story for another time. An explanation needed, yet not important at this moment.

He noted the rabbits and deer with approval. Always one to take the initiative. Though he was slightly worried that she had woken before he had. He wouldn't have thought that missing one meal would cause that.

They had been a little rushed one dinner last night, and hadn't had time to catch enough for a proper meal before nightfall, so he had given his share to her, insisting that she eat it. Not with words, of course. He didn't speak that much. Not that he was unable, but that he saw no need for it.

He blinked and started his walk out the cave mouth, nodding at Freya as he walked by. He couldn't help but notice how her features had blossomed, and her scent...

He shook his head to clear such thoughts.

He stepped out into the morning air, taking a deep breath, tasting the different scents on the air, listening to the sounds that were offered. He glanced over to his left and walked slowly to the river. He knealt down by it and looked at his reflection.

Six foot eleven, three hundred pounds, mix between wolf and human, moderately to heavily muscled. Blood red eyes.

Just about described all of his race. He was a Lycan. Though the eyes were unique to him.

He stood, walking a slight distance to an overlook of the valley below. He often stood here to think, gather his thoughts. After twenty minutes he wasn't even sure if he knew what he was thinking about. Eventually it would all make sense to him. It always did, always had.
 
The sounds of him moving about told her he was awake. His footsteps were soft, almost soundless as he reached her and nodded quietly before heading towards the river, her eyes following him for a moment. She had been worried about the night before. He was certainly and bigger than her, so it was only natural that he needed more nourishment yet he had insisted on her eating his share. Why had he done that?

Lowering her eyes to her work, she quickly finished skinning her kills and arranged them around the fire pit, speared through with long sticks, in such a way that they would cook evenly before she made her way towards the spot he had vacated a couple of moments before, next to the river. Knowing he would be gone for a while, she carefully took off her armor, her body left with only the thin protection of her loincloth and a strip of leather that held her breast pressed to her chest. Stopping for a moment, she looked at her reflection.

She was different than he, she knew. Her body was hairless except for what grew on her head, and she wasn't as strong. Did he think her weird? Was she? She had never laid eyes on another creature that resembled her, not since he had found her alone in that clearing that night many seasons ago. Could that be why he was acting so strange with her? So distant? She was used to him not talking much, but even those rare occasions where he did had become increasingly more rare in the past months. And why did the sudden thought of him thinking her weird made her slightly panic?

Sighing softly, she slid her body into the cool water, cleaning herself quickly. She had no idea what he wanted to do that day and she wanted to be ready for when he led her where he wanted to go. Minutes later, she found herself sitting close to the pit once more, allowing its heat to dry her fair skin. Soon she would put on her armor once more and he would return to eat his share. Then they would be on their way.
 
Revennaras

Revennaras growled under his breath, his equivalent of a sigh. His thoughts had indeed come to him, and he understood, like always. That did not mean, however, that he liked it. Another growl and a shake of the head. He started a slow walk back towards the cave, but paused when he heard the gentle plash of water through the morning sounds. Knowing who it was and not wanting to disturb Freya while she bathed, he instead turned off into the woods, hands clasped behind his back.

Normally he would have cleansed himself in the same waters, but he wouldn't do so while she was awake. Instead he walked to another river offshoot, this one coming from the same one the one outside the cave did. He slipped off his armor after a quick survey of the area, laying it down on top of his thick cloak. His blade stayed within arm's reach as he slipped into the water, dunking his head under for a moment. He stayed in the water for a few minutes before stepping out again, shaking himself off. He walked to his gear and started slipping it back on.

He was dry before he had it all on. Another interesting thing about him. His fur never seemed to stay wet for very long. It always dried in minutes without any other help. He didn't think much of it. It was a convenience.

He turned away and started back to the cave at a sudden realization, arriving in a matter of minutes. He stepped through the front and noticed the young woman sitting by the fire. Not wearing her armor. Very little had he seen of her without her armor covering her form. He wasn't sure if that was a good or bad thing.

"Freya..." he murmured, unable to keep his eyes from roaming her body.

He pulled his gaze from her and turned away, hands clasped behind his back, waiting for her to clothe herself. He didn't want to stare at her like that. It wasn't very polite. Polite? An interesting term.

While he waited he thought of what they would do today. He had noted an interesting set of tracks earlier. He would teach her what they belonged to and how to hunt it. It was something that you didn't encounter very often around this area, or any other area, to be honest. They were a problem while they lived and he wanted to deal with it now instead of later. He was always one for dealing with things before they actually became a problem. Made it easier on him, as well as Freya. Still, it would be a dangerous gambit judging by the tracks. And without conventional means...

He had already thought of a way to do it.

He flicked a water droplet off of his cloak. He also knew that he had stopped talking to her as often as he used to, which was still fairly rarely. He didn't want her to worry, so he decided to talk to her a little more often. He thought she would benefit from the conversation. From having someone close to her. The only problem was that he was starting to find himself...attracted to her. He told himself it wouldn't get in the way.

The whispering didn't seem to agree.
 
Freya was almost dry by the time she heard him murmur her name, her hearing and sense of smell being almost as good as his. Lifting her eyes, she caught him watching her just before he turned away, the action making her flinch a little. He didn't seem to be able to look at her, which made her uncomfortable and.... hurt? Turning her body towards the cave, she used her long hair to shield her body, quickly pulling on her armor and weapons. Biting her lower lip, she turned her body towards the pit, allowing her eyes to focus on it as her hands braided her red locks into their usual long braid.

"The buck is yours. You need your strength." she said in a soft voice while she carefully pulled the food from the fire, placing them on a big, flat rock that served as a table. Without another word, she started eating her share, the rabbits, concentrating on not getting a lot of grease on her hands, arms and face.
 
Revennaras

Revennaras blinked, listening to the gentle slip of armor over Freya's fair skin, only wanting to know what her skin would feel like under his hands. He shook his head and turned back to where she had seated herself at their makeshift table. He moved to his usual spot with the buck, nodding at Freya's words, but also noticing the tone that was attempting to hide behind her voice.

What was it? Had his actions hurt her? But why would they do that..? He decided to ask her about it after they finished eating, before they went out.

He looked to his meal and set to eating, focusing on keeping the grease from his fur. He closed his eyes for a moment as he chewed the venison, opening them to watch Freya out of the corner of his eyes. He remember when he first found her. Something had told him to take her in. Instinct, perhaps.

Regardless, he had done so. He had protected her and trained her himself all these years. But now...

His inner wolf told him he wanted more.

And that was what confused him. It was something he hadn't felt before.

He stored those thoughts for later. It never did well to think about something like that while you were eating.

He blinked and looked up at Freya for a moment, then went back to the buck. It only took another few minutes before he had finished it. He picked up the remains and carried it outside the cave, placing it behind the bushes just off the path for the other creatures of the forest to do with as they would. He never asked where the bones went.

Revennaras walked slowly over to the stream, kneeling and slipping his hands in to wash them off.
 
Even as the young Norn reached for the other rabbit, she could feel his eyes on her. Pushing her thoughts away from the way her skin tingled at that knowledge, she ate quickly before standing up, taking the remain of her meal to the same spot he had. Silently, she made her way beside him and knelt, washing her arms and face with the cool water, feeling it refresh her skin.

It bothered her that he was acting strangely around her. He was the only constant in her life, the only person she could rely on. It bothered her even more the way she was responding towards this weird behavior. Why did it bother her so much? Why did she want to get closer?

Shaking her head a little, Freya got up and headed towards the cave once more. Shouldering her knapsack, she carefully covered the pit with dirt, making sure the coals were out. Using her fingers to tuck some stray bangs of hair behind her ears, she leaned against the rocky outside cave wall, waiting for him to lead her where they would go that day.
 
Revennaras

Revennaras stopped, staring into the waters before him. He tensed up just slightly as he felt more than saw Freya kneel next to him to cleanse herself. He breathed in her scent before standing and stepping into the cave entrance. He walked quietly, steps barely making a sound as he moved to his normal sleeping spot. He looked to her's and wanted them closer than they were, but made no move to act on those desires.

He knealt by his gear and slipped on his thick cloak, fastening the brooch along his neck. He grabbed his tool belt and slipped that on while he stood and walked over to where she was leaning against the wall.

He nodded at her and gestured for her to follow as he started down the path.

He stopped after a few meters.

"Is something wrong, Freya?" he asked.

He turned his gaze to her, seeking out her eyes with his own but unable to keep his from trailing over her body on their way. There was a reason for her behavior, as well as his own...and he would find out what it was, one way or another. He would prefer the way that was easiest, but would not complain with any other. He was used to doing things the hard way.

He set his hand on his sword pommel and waited for her answer, the wind ruffling his cloak and his fur only slightly. His ears flicked at the sound of a rabbit in the bushes, but otherwise there were no others around to disturb them. Not that any others really came up here anyway. It had been...some time since they had a visitor, and she had been sleeping when it had happened.

He hadn't been a friendly visitor. The first time in quite awhile that he had slain a humanoid being.
 
The young Norn had been following closely behind him when he stopped abruptly, almost making her bump into him. That surprise was quickly followed by the one hearing his voice caused, making her eyes go a little wide as she watched him, hands automatically resting along the handle for her sword.

It had been so long since she had heard his voice, she had forgotten how deep it was. It seemed to rumble from his chest and, somehow, made her chest feel tight as well as gave her the urge to move closer, to feel the vibrations against her skin. The way he watched her as his eyes sought hers made her suppress a shiver, though she could still feel her nipples harden against the leather band that held her chest tightly to her body, the way the hairs on the back of her neck stood up in a very different way than when she was in danger, though somehow reminiscent of it too.

Her grey-blue eyes met his for a moment, her hand tightening on her weapon for reassurance before she looked away, not really caring at that point that it was a submissive gesture to his kind.

"I don't know..." she replied in a soft voice before hesitating "You seemed... distant, these past couple of moons."

Feeling slightly vulnerable a how he may take those simple words, she made sure to turn her head in a way that would make her hair hide most of her face from him. She felt confused... Why was she acting so shy around him now? Why not before, hen she was younger, smaller, weaker?
 
Revennaras

Revennaras tilted his head slightly at Freya's reaction, noting her hand going to her sword pommel almost immediately. He looked back up at her eyes, watching curiously as she turned her face to hide it behind her hair. Oh that hair...how he wanted to know what if felt like between his fingers.

That wasn't the only thing he wanted to feel, but he didn't want to think on it. Instead, he looked over the edge of the path at the valley below.

"I suppose I've been...distracted." he murmured thoughtfully.

Distracted was a good enough word. In truth he was confused. Confused about the feelings he now had for Freya. About the thoughts he had almost constantly when he looked at her. Even now he felt himself being pulled towards her, wanting to feel her form against his. To hear her soft voice murmuring his name and feel her hands trailing over his fur. To feel her bare skin under his own hands...

He shook his head in a vain attempt to clear his thoughts. It didn't work. He glanced back at her, taking in her form once more before starting his walk again, heading for the tracks he had noticed earlier down the path a slight way. He had to get something done. Anything to take his eyes and thoughts off the young woman so close to him and who even lived with him.

Gradually, he felt himself shifting closer to her, even if he didn't realize it until they were almost touching. He glanced at her once more and looked away quickly, not moving any closer, but curiously, not moving away either.
 
His soft murmur called to her, making her eyes rise to meet his. It was her turn to stare now. She allowed her eyes to take in his strong frame, taller than even she, at least twice as strong and covered in fur. She remembered nights long past when she was but a cub, finding herself snuggling close to him to keep warm in the chill nights of winter, how surprised she had been to find his fur so soft, quite the contrary of what she had expected. Also she remembered the way he picked her up, silently helping her navigate through the forest, carrying her when her small limbs could not keep up with his strong ones after a long day of walking. He was her shelter and, if she was honest with herself, still was. She felt safe when he was around.

Quietly, she followed him as he walked towards the tracks, so immersed in her own thoughts she didn't even notice the way he was looking at her. Taking a deep breath, she set her jaw and decided to keep her mind on what they were doing. Carefully, she knelt by the tracks, pressing two fingers gently to the first print, feeling how soft the damp earth was beneath her fingertips.

"What are we hunting?" she asked before she froze. It was only then she realized just how close to each other they were standing. She felt small kneeling beside his tall frame, the slight brush of the dark fur on his leg against her skin making her shiver a little. It was all she could do to stay still, to deny herself the sudden urge to press close, to nuzzle her face against his warm chest and allow herself to be held in his strong arms.
 
Revennaras

After another minute or so of walking, they reached the tracks he had noticed. He watched as she knealt by them and pressed two fingers gently into the first print and asking what they were hunting. He didn't notice how she froze at their contact, but he did feel her leg brush softly against his fur. He flinched, but only slightly. He knealt down next to her, looking down at the tracks.

"These are the tracks of a wild boar."

He glanced over at her, suddenly aware of how close they really were. He looked back to the tracks.

"And this one doesn't seem too happy right now."

He pointed out the furrows and the destroyed foliage next to the path where the beast's tusks had done some amount of damage to the trees.

"There are much easier methods for hunting such a beast, but we don't have the resources for that. We'll improvise."

The usual method was getting a ring of knights with boar spears around the thicket where the beast was taking shelter and send in the dogs to anger it. Boar would charge out of the thicket at a knight and the knight would pierce the heart of the beast with the spear. They didn't have knights, dogs, nor boar spears.

"We'll track it to where it's bedded down and wait for it to head out again. I'll be able to tell you more when we find where that is."

He needed to see what they had to work with before setting up a plan. He stood and felt his fur brush along her skin. He started following the tracks, his body on task, but his mind wandering elsewhere.

He could still remember when she was young. When she had needed his help through the forest, when she had curled up next to him in the chill of winter nights, and how his life had been before he met her. She had become the light in his life, and brought him feelings he never thought he would feel.
 
Feeling him kneel beside her, Freya closed her eyes and took a deep breath, allowing herself to enjoy the way his scent wrapped around her, to feel his warmth caress her side, making her shiver once more. His voice teased her ears, the deep rumble making her chest tighten, even as a small part of her actually paid attention to the words uttered.

A boar. She could smell it now, a damp earthy scent that surrounded the area where it had ran through. The prints were fresh, so he was right. They would have to be weary. An elder boar's tusks were big enough and strong enough to run her through if she got in its way.

Silently she followed him, their steps making no sound as they moved through the bush. She felt skittish, uneasy. This awkwardness between them made her nervous and that part of her, the one that was furry and not humanoid in appearance, was anxious to come out. It always surprised her how, when she felt scared, angry or nervous, it was only a matter of time before she could feel that snow white fur brush along her insides, begging to be let free, to allow her to feel comfortable 'in her own.... fur'?

A low growl escaped her lips, the annoyance of it all making the sound slip before she could stop it. She hated being stressed.
 
Revennaras

His eyes refocused on the more than obvious path the boar took at the sound of the growl from his companion. He blinked and glanced over at her. He had always found that to be interesting of her. That snow white fur that seemed to be hiding inside of her, begging to be set loose. Most of the time he could just feel it, or see it behind her eyes. Just the barest hints of what she really was.

He held up a closed fist and knealt down, eyes fixed on the thicket ahead. The tracks led into it, and it seemed the ideal place a boar would settle down. Normally boar hunting dogs would be sent into that thicket to draw out the beast, but they didn't have those. They also didn't have boar spears, which would make this kill...interesting, to say the least.

He waved her closer to him.

"The boar is most likely in there." he said with a nod at the thicket.

He took in their surroundings, deciding the best course of action for this.

"These tracks are a few hours old. The boar will want to move on soon."

Another pause.

"Go get in that tree over there, and have your bow ready. I'll try and keep the beast's attention and kill it. Do not shoot unless you have a clear shot."

He glanced over to her.

"The only way to guarantee keeping it down is to pierce the heart, just behind the left leg."

One more glance at her.

"Freya...stay safe."

He murmured those last words before moving into a set of bushes where he could keep an eye on the thicket. He pulled his longbow from his back and three arrows from his quiver, holding them in his left hand to prevent excessive movement when the boar decided to show itself.

He closed his eyes and took several deep breaths to clear his thoughts.
 
As soon as he turned to watch her, the young Norn felt the heat rise to her cheeks, the pink blush surely showing on her cheeks. She should know better by now. It was not wise to make a sound once one tarted hunting, much less so if the prey is so close to where you're standing. Biting her lower lip, she took a deep breath to calm herself, adding in a soft voice "Sorry... I'm a bit tense..."

Even as he spoke, explaining what they were to do, she found herself getting lost in his voice for a moment, wondering the way it would sound if her head were resting on his strong chest, the way his fur would brush along her skin or maybe even her own white fur. His instruction about where to hit the boar triggered a reaction from that furry self.... a shiver of excitement. The cat inside of her was well acquainted with boars though, of course, it preferred the up close and personal approach.

Giving him a last look at his murmured warning, he replied with a soft "You too" before silently making her way up the tree she had selected as her post. It probably looked rather funny to any other, a human-looking creature with no claws being able to climb so fast and fluidly. Settling herself on sturdy branch, she readied her bow and arrows, crouching low, her red braid brushing along her thighs.

When he needed her, she would be ready.
 
Revennaras

Quiet sounds of the forest. The gentle swaying of branches in the wind and leaves brushing against eachother. Small creatures of the forest chittering and going about their business, unaware of the beast laying so close. Of either of the beasts, for that matter, as Revennaras was a bit of a beast himself. Though not quite as feral as the boar was.

He spent some time kneeling there in the bushes, listening to the sounds around him, falling into such a state of calm that he could even hear the soft breathing of Freya, on the other side of the clearing. The thought of her brought up feelings he wasn't used to dealing with.

A twig snapped.

He opened his eyes slowly, looking to the thicket. A snout was just sticking out of it, moving up and back down as it sniffed the air. The head followed, and the body soon after. It was a massive boar, its body rippling with muscle. He shifted slightly to a firing position, taking one of the three arrows from his left hand to knock it on the string. The boar's left side was facing the thicket, so the one shot takedown was out of the question. They needed to take it down here, in the open.

He drew back the string, using the muscles of his back as much as his arms to draw the massive longbow. If the muscle wasn't too thick, he might be able to pierce through the right side to the heart. He aimed and released. The arrow flew straight and true, piercing the right side of the boar's chest. The muscle was too thick for the arrow to pierce to the heart, however.

"Blast." he muttered.

The boar spun around with anger in its eyes and locked on to the form in the bushes. Revennaras moved quickly out of the bushes to give himself the time to dodge the inevitable charge, which came immediately. The boar rushed forward, its tusks low to the ground, aiming to cripple the lycan. He rolled to the left and the boar slammed into a tree trunk. He knocked and released another arrow, piercing the muscle of the front right leg, hoping to slow it down.

It didn't work. At least, not to the extent he had hoped for. The boar charged again, and was just as easily dodged. Another arrow pierced the back leg. That got the effect he wanted. The boar squeled in fury and started towards him again. He released a twin shot, each arrow finding home in an eye socket. The boar charged, fighting through the pain. The lycan turned and started to run directly away, heading for a tree. He reached it and ran up the trunk, leaping backwards off it just as the boar slammed into it. He pulled a small flip and landed on his feet, one hand on the ground and looking at the boar.

It may have been blinded, but its hearing was still quite acute. It turned and charged at the slightest sound of the lycan's breathing. Without any time to run, he threw his bow to the side and drew his longsword, the whispers in his mind chittering excitedly. He moved it horizontal in front of him, bracing the point with one hand as the boar's tusks slammed into it.

The sheer power of the boar rivaled that of the lycan himself, the pair struggling in the clearing as each one battled for dominance. The boar squeled in anger and frustration.

Take the shot... he thought to himself, hoping Frya would take the opporitunity of the clear shot.
 
The young Norn held her breath. She clearly heard the twig snap, and watched quietly as the boar revealed itself. Her teeth bit lightly into her lip as she watched her protector's dark form move fluidly, releasing the arrows. From there, everything seemed to move too fat, yet painfully slow.

She watched their exchanges, her worry mounting as each of the arrows failed to bring the big beast down. Even blinded, the boar managed to find him, making him draw his blade, which she had seldom seen out of its sheath. What made her eyes widen was the strength she could see him put on his stance, trying to hold the beast back. It was up to her now.

Taking deep breath, she aimed at the spot where he had told her the boar was vulnerable. Between one second and the next, she released her held breath, her arrow flying with it. It hit its target but, whether because of a miscalculation on her part or a hair's breath of a move from the beast, it didn't down him. Frantic, she grabbed another arrow before she realized her own was in her way, making a clear shot impossible.

Freya hesitated. If she jumped off the branch the creature would hear her and, possibly before she could get close enough to push the arrow deeper, it would turn and charge towards her. If she changed, she had no hands to do so anyways.

A second later, having made her choice, she left her weapons at the branch and jumped, her feet making a soft sound as they touched the forest floor, her red hair flying behind her as she closed the distance. The second she saw the boar turn its attention to her, she changed. Fur the color of snow with black dots seemed to flow over her form, her armor disappearing as her body filled out with more muscle, her head changing shape, body dropping to a four legged run.

Sensing, more than seeing, the beast charge towards her, she growled and turned her body away from its tusks, her head turning towards it throat. She managed to dodge most of the harm, her side being scraped by one of the tusks, but her jaws closed around the side of it's throat, her claws digging into its body as she held on while it continued moving. Her light gray eyes searched frantically for the lycan, hoping he could finish the job her arrow could not.
 
Revennaras

The lycan growled, pushing forward again against the overpowering strength of the boar.

Despite the strain and his muscles screaming in protest at their sudden usage, there was the slight satisfaction hidden there. The tiny notes that could be heard as his body came back in sync with itself, enjoying the full application, well, not full use, of his muscles. Now, more than in the past few moons, he was putting his footwork to proper use, maintaining his balance. And despite the little use, or lack thereof, his body still responded in just the right way to counteract every push the boar made. Every movement was carefully and subtly matched and countered.

That was, of course, until Freya threw herself at the beast. Though it was a different Freya. But he supposed they were one and the same. The quiet, determined girl to the animal living inside her. She ran at the beast, throwing herself forward. Her skin and clothing morphing to snow white fur, arms turning into another pair of legs, nails turning to claws, muscles becoming more pronounced. She was a beautiful predator. Graceful as well. He had seen many predators, many hunters, but none held quite the grace she did. He couldn't muster that kind of grace, and was rather graceful himself.

While he was distracted, admiring Freya, the boar pushed, knocking him back. He cursed himself silently as he hit the ground and rolled fluidly to his feet, doing his best to avoid falling on his sword, which would have been quite the embarrassing death. She slipped past the tusks to latch onto it side, closing her jaws around its throat. It thrashed around, trying to knock her off.

He took his chance.

Moving forward quickly, he brandished his blade and ran at the boar, tip of his sword almost touching the ground. The beast heard him and turned to slash. But at this point, Freya was in danger. It was time to stop playing around. He put his left hand on one of the tusks, driving it to the ground and planting a foot on it. The boar's front legs buckled and its torso hit the ground. It squealed in fury and thrashed its back legs. He released the tusks. Time seemed to slow as Revennaras hit a moment of absolute calm. The boar moved to its feet. He spun out of the way of the tusks. Shadowmourne flashed in a slow, graceful circle before burying itself in the boar's side. The smooth, sharpened blade easily slipped through skin, muscle, and then the heart. Everything stopped for a moment. He pulled his blade and sheathed it, the entire motion starting from the spin being one fluid action. The boar stood for a moment before collapsing. He reached behind him to grab a tusk, preventing the boar from falling on top of the young woman. He waited for her to move out of the way and then let it fall. It hit the ground with a dull thud.

He turned around slowly, looking at the snow-furred figure. He stepped up to her and knealt down, looking into her eyes.

"Are you alright?" he asked, the concern hidden behind his eyes.

He did pay attention to his surroundings, as he was sure the sounds of the little engagement would bring someone to investigate. Probably just some curious deer.
 
Fyera growled softly, almost reassuringly to him as she saw his muscles tense. The arc and fluidity of his attack was a thing of beauty and, once she felt the boar beneath her shudder with it's last breath, she carefully disengaged herself from his throat and sat close by. The boar was massive. It would make good dinner for that night, enough that they wouldn't have to hunt for any more prey to satisfy their hunger to its fullest.

Feeling a little startled at the intensity of the red eyes staring at her, she made a soft chuffing sound to assure him she was alright. Gingerly, she curled her body a bit to reach the scratch along her side and gave it a soft lick, knowing it was shallow and presented no threat. With a soft sound, she changed back to her Norn self.

Shaking her head a little to settle her loose red locks, she looked down at her side, looking at the thin red line that interrupted her blue tattoos. "I'll be alright. It's just a scratch." she assured him again before she froze.

It was then that she, once again, noticed how close he was and how intently he was looking at her. A light blush spread across her cheeks as she said in a soft voice, even though she didnt move, feeling like prey herself in a way "I should get my things from the tree.... and we should probably carry the boar to the cave and start roasting it.... It's a lot of meat that has to be cooked."
 
Revennaras

Revennaras watch silently as Freya turned and examined her wound, sliding her tongue gently across it once before turning again and changing back. She looked down at her side to examine the wound once more, the faint red crossing through her blue tattoos. He reached over to trace the mark with one of his fingers, but he didn't stop there. He couldn't stop his hand from roaming across her soft skin, the back of his hand sliding over the gentle swell of her breasts, along her throat, and finally tilting her chin up ever so gently. He felt something in his gaze change during the sudden turn of events, and found his other hand resting on one of her thighs, moving slowly upwards.

He caught himself, blinking and removing his hands from her.

"I'm glad you're well, then." he said as he looked at the boar.

It was quite the beast, and would provide a good meal for the night. The only problem would be getting it back to the cave. It was very large, but he should be able to manage it. It wasn't the heaviest thing he'd carried in his life. He glanced back at Freya as he walked a small circle around the boar.

"You should get your things..." he murmured, keeping his eyes from wandering this time.

No need to worry about hunger. They would definitely be sleeping with full stomachs tonight. And, perhaps, he wouldn't be sleeping alone. He shook his head to clear such thoughts. He had gone too far already, and didn't want to alienate her further. What must she think of him already? He shook his head again, walking over slowly to pick up his longbow from the ground. Luckily it hadn't be trampled by the boar. He slipped it over his shoulder and walked back to the boar, waiting for Freya.
 
The Norn's blush deepened at his soft touch, a soft, surprised sound leaving her lips as she felt his warm fur brush along her side, trace the swell of her bosom before reaching her throat. She shivered then, tilting her head slowly, knowing in some corner of her mind, that it was a submissive gesture as well... or one that you only made for those you trusted or were courting you. Her skin was covered in goosebumps and her lips were still parted in a soft gasp, feeling his warm, strong hand brushing up her thigh, wondering if...

He removed his hands and seemed to turn all of his attention to the boar, making her almost visibly flinch. Why had he done that? Touch her and then move away as if uninterested, or repulsed by her? Did she want him to be interested?

With a mental groan, she nodded and stood up, slowly making her way to the tree. Her movements were slow, weary as she climbed to retrieve her weapons before dropping to the ground once more. Without a word, she shouldered her bag and strapped all her weapons to her body where they belonged, fingering her bow with her thumb, something she did when she was anxious or worried.

Giving a glance over her shoulder to be sure he could carry the boar by himself, she quietly lead the way towards their cave. Her fingers ran through her hair a little distractedly while she thought about how his touch had felt just a few moments ago and how she wanted to feel it again.
 
Revennaras

Revennaras turned, red eyes slowly tracking the young Norn as she went to gather her things, silently cursing himself for making things so awkward for her, as he saw no other explanation for her behavior other than his own actions. No other cause for her to be acting like this around him. He decided that he would talk to her later tonight, perhaps after they had eaten some of this boar.

Speaking of the boar, he turned to it and grasped one of its tusks, lifting it easily onto his shoulder. It may have been strong when it was alive, but it was just dead weight now. Easy to carry and move about. He started towards Freya, following behind her, his eyes on the ground as he couldn't keep those thoughts about her from entering his mind. The way her skin had felt under his hands, that look in her eyes and the submissive tilt of her head. How he wanted to feel her hands twined in his own fur, to feel her body against his.

He shook his head quickly, trying to clear such thoughts. He wasn't very successful. His eyes continued wandering up to her form walking in front of him, how she gently swayed with each step. He shuddered and looked away quickly, trying to fill his mind with anything that didn't include her, and his sudden feelings towards her. Again, he wasn't very successful. However, he did find that paying attention to what was around him, the sounds of the forest and the sounds of a storm not far off, helped keep his mind focused on where he needed it.

He lifted his snout and sniffed the air. It was going to be cold tonight. And he was surprised at how late it was already. They hadn't gotten much done today, though it was a good thing that the boar was taken care of. The meat would provide a good number of meals for them, stored in the back of the cave where the frost gathered. He could also skin the beast, perhaps make another covering for Freya to keep her warm in the coming moons.

He carried the boar over and set it down just inside the entrance to the cave, doing his best to avoid looking at Freya, worried that she was upset with him because of his actions back in the clearing. He looked up and opened his mouth to say something, but closed his mouth soundlessly, looking outside the cave again. He looked up at the sun, judging how much light they had left. An hour or two. Where had the time gone? They must have been hunting the boar longer than he thought. Then again, time did seem to escape him when he was on the hunt. It always had.

He looked over to Freya, gazing at her for a few moments. It took him some time to realize moments had turned to minutes. He looked away again, walking outside the cave to the cliff face just outside to look down at the valley below, looking up at the sky to find the clouds he had noticed earlier. They were an hour out, perhaps. Their day would be ending early, it seemed.
 
The young redhead continued quietly on, even though she could feel his gaze bore into her back, making the small hairs on the back of her neck stand up. She had always been able to tell if someone was watching her and, this being him, it only made the goosebumps on her skin stay, reminding her even more of his previous touches.

What would it be like now that they had reached the cave? They had been silent the entire way back, each deep in their own thoughts. Did he regret touching her? Showing concern for her? She watched him out of the corner of her eye as she put away her weapons, his distraction as he looked at the sky before walking out.

With a soft sigh, the Norn got to work. Carefully, she arranged the second pit, the one they used when it was raining outside, for use. Once she was done with that, she walked back to the boar and carefully extracted each arrow, managing to take them all out with the heads intact. Knowing he would want to skin the animal in his own way, she sat in a corner, concentrating on cleaning and resharpening the arrows to be used once again. Her concentration was such that she didn't notice time passing, or when he returned to the cave.
 
Revennaras

Revennaras closed his eyes, breathing in deep the air around him. He had noticed that Freya leave the boar for him to skin his own way, which he was grateful for. He had a specific way he preferred to skin animals, and knew that Freya didn't quite know his way of skinning. When he taught he, he taught her the easiest way to learn, not the way he did it himself, which was different than any other he had seen. But when you got down to it, it all got the same results. A good skinner of the normal technique would obtain the same results he did, just by different methods.

The snap of a twig.

He opened his eyes, scanning around him. It had come from down the path. Animals break twigs all the time, so there was no reason to believe another of the Norn, or perhaps a human, had wandered up to their cave. He turned slowly, laying a hand on his sword hilt. Another step and a deer dove out of the trees just down the path, revealing who the culprit was. He relaxed and shook his head, stepping back and straightening his posture. He actually chuckled, a curious sound, and walked back to the cave, glancing at Freya on his way in.

He remembered his thoughts about her from earlier. His actions in the clearing. The tilt of her head and the look in her eyes. The feel of her skin under his hands. The gentle swell of her bosom as he passed his hand over it. He wanted it all to happen again, but he didn't want to risk her. She seemed upset with how he was acting lately. She wasn't interested in him...and why would she be? He was a monster.

Did he believe that? That he was a monster? Perhaps. Did he want her interested in him? Perhaps. He wasn't sure what he wanted at the moment. His mind was against him, as it so often was. The constant whispers didn't seem to help matters much. Not only were the indiscernable, but the words that were weren't very positive. Leave it to him to upset the one person he cared about. He shook his head and unclasped his cloak, walking back to set it on his sleeping space. He walked back to the front of the cave to the boar, walking much closer to Freya than he needed to, just so he could breath in her scent.

He sighed internally and knealt down next to the boar, pulling a knife out its sheath strapped to his thigh. He started working at the boar, flaying open the skin to separate pelt from meat. He watched Freya out of the corner of his eye, half hoping she would come over to sit next to him...really close next to him.
 
Just as the fair skinned archer finished with the arrows, she saw her companion walk close by, settling himself before starting to skin the boar. He seemed to move in the same weary fashion she was. Was he ashamed of what had happened back in the clearing? She couldn't just let him feel bad because of it... she didn't hold it against him. Heck, she had liked the touching, even if it was a little confusing.

Standing, she carefully walked towards his sleeping area, placing the arrows that belonged to him back into their place. Without her permission, her fingers brushed slowly along the cloak he had left there, wishing she could feel it wrapped around her, have his scent cover her skin, his touch once again...

Biting her lower lip, she moved away. After a second's hesitation, she gathered some of their clothing that needed mending, some thread, a needle and her short knife before she settled silently beside him. Fyera had to recognize that having him that close made her feel safer, peaceful, made her wish she could lean against him- even if he somehow made her nervous as well. Besides, it was getting colder and the warmth of his body so close would keep her warm at the very least until the pit was well on its way to roasting the boar. With a small, shy smile to herself, she started putting the needle through the clothing.
 
Back
Top