Edit profile

MrBriton

Virgin
Hi,
Could someone please tell me how I can edit my editor profile? Specifically 'category preferences'.
Many thanks

Hi,
Could someone please tell me how I can edit my editor profile? Specifically 'category preferences'.
Many thanks
At this time, it can only be accessed from the old Control Panel. Thankfully, Laurel has provided a way to this still. From your current author Control Panel, scroll to the bottom to the site links. You should see “Old Control Panel.” From there, under the Editors section on the left, select Manage Profile. Make any desired updates then be sure to select Submit Editor Profile at the bottom to save changes.

I'd be interested in changing mine as well.

But I don't see the "Old Control Panel" link. Where is it exactly?

H

Thank you secretsxywriter, or as Steve Martin might say, spank you very much.
Worked a treat.
Regards MB

I'd be interested in changing mine as well.

But I don't see the "Old Control Panel" link. Where is it exactly?

H

You have to be on your member profile...on the flip side, not the Forum. It might also depend how you’re logged in, but here is the link... I hope they don’t mind. Click your Lit name or “Login” at the top once you visit the page, depending on if it shows you logged in already.

https://literotica.com/members/main.php

Thank you secretsxywriter, or as Steve Martin might say, spank you very much.
Worked a treat.
Regards MB

You’re very welcome...or is it welcum? ;)

Many thanks. Found that.

But why is it that when I click on my name in the Bulletin Board I go to a proifle page that is empty? Nothing that I have entered in my profile is visible.

I notice that you have a big 'Biography' section in the bottom left of the screen in the 'Additional Information' box.

Many thanks. Found that.

But why is it that when I click on my name in the Bulletin Board I go to a proifle page that is empty? Nothing that I have entered in my profile is visible.

I notice that you have a big 'Biography' section in the bottom left of the screen in the 'Additional Information' box.

There was a time that we could have and edit profiles on the Forum side of the site. It is separate from the member side for stories. Then one day, without explanation, they removed the capability to modify the profiles/bios on the Forum. It has apparently been years with no resolution time. So old members have a profile here (most likely outdated, like mine) while it’s blank for newer members. The only profiles/bios we can modify now are on the story side.

There was a time that we could have and edit profiles on the Forum side of the site. It is separate from the member side for stories. Then one day, without explanation, they removed the capability to modify the profiles/bios on the Forum. It has apparently been years with no resolution time. So old members have a profile here (most likely outdated, like mine) while it’s blank for newer members. The only profiles/bios we can modify now are on the story side.

OK. So, if I wanted to start offering editing services here as a volunteer, anyone coming to this side of the site would not get to see my profile or any info I wanted to put there about what I can do etc.

H

OK. So, if I wanted to start offering editing services here as a volunteer, anyone coming to this side of the site would not get to see my profile or any info I wanted to put there about what I can do etc.

H

Correct, not through your profile in the Forum side. You can go to the Sticky for “Available to edit...” at the top of this Editor’s Forum that lets users post if they’re available to edit that month; you would need to do this monthly. I would include a direct link to your editor’s profile each time, but read the instructions in the Sticky.

You can also include the link to your editor profile in your signature for the Forum so anytime you post at all, people will see it (your signature is accessed through the Forum Control Panel). The only other way to advertise you are a Volunteer Editor is to post it in your Bio on the story side...or wait for authors to find you in the VE section of the site.

Hope that helps!

H

The volunteer editor system is so broken here that the best thing you can do is watch for writers asking for editorial help on the "Editor's Forum" and respond to projects that interest you.

Last edited:
Back