Isolated Blurt Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some days, just waking up sucks. Please forgive me this blurt. I envy people who have a best friend they can talk to. Waking up in so many different kinds of pain and already overwhelmed by everything I have to get through today, while dragging the munchkin in tow. There's sunshine out there but I can't feel it. Please bless everyone who is feeling this way today, with some kind of something to make them smile.

Some days, just waking up sucks. Please forgive me this blurt. I envy people who have a best friend they can talk to. Waking up in so many different kinds of pain and already overwhelmed by everything I have to get through today, while dragging the munchkin in tow. There's sunshine out there but I can't feel it. Please bless everyone who is feeling this way today, with some kind of something to make them smile.

Here, MP. :rose: Save this for when you can use it.
WFTeMweP_bigger.jpeg

Not related blurt:
I wish you were still around and we could talk about this. I think you'd be really happy for me.

:rose:

WFTeMweP_bigger.jpeg

Not related blurt:
I wish you were still around and we could talk about this. I think you'd be really happy for me.

:rose:

27 more days until I see Star Wars.

__

And every time I start to relax and feel like I feel like I am fitting in at work my boss catches some giant mistake or three that I made and my confidence gets completely shattered.

WFTeMweP_bigger.jpeg

Thanks

My first blurt.

I want out of this marriage I'm in. But he doesn't know it yet. I am so incredibly unhappy that I've come to Lit to find something, anything - socialization, a friendly word, some intelligent conversation.

I've lost that feeling of being desired, feeling attractive, of having attention paid to me. I've thought many times, "I got myself into this mess, it's my entirely my own fault." And the guilt I now feel for wanting free is immense.

For the last 12 years I've repressed feeling like a female, I dove into work, trying to tell myself that it didn't matter. Sex is just a little part of a relationship, right? If you really love someone, you can overcome anything.

I can't overcome this. I can't live like this the rest of my life. If I can't change and continue to grow, I might as well give up now.

- rant over. Sorry if I depressed anyone.
:rose: Best of luck. I know the feeling, though my case is a bit different. I'm figuring it out, hope you do too.

Why, oh why,
is it so bloody tricky trying to fathom out what some wight has done with his software that causes so many problem on my PC ?

Why, oh why,
is it so bloody tricky trying to fathom out what some wight has done with his software that causes so many problem on my PC ?

My wife's usual problem is caused by a cat walking across her keyboard. He rearranges icons, and opens or closes programs.

If not the cat, whenever our eldest daughter borrows her computer, the settings get changed.

My wife's usual problem is caused by a cat walking across her keyboard. He rearranges icons, and opens or closes programs.

If not the cat, whenever our eldest daughter borrows her computer, the settings get changed.

Settings are easy to switch back. Maybe get your daughter a laptop or tablet for Chrstmass.

For the cat, I have no advice but for the daughter, set up her own user area. Then she can set up things the way she wants and doesn't affect other users.

I had an email and phone call today from my sister-in-law and my eldest niece.

My older brother was admitted to hospital on Monday, not expected to survive Tuesday. He did, and now he might be discharged to go home with visiting nurses, or to a hospice for the short time he has left. He has had cancer for a couple of years and gave up chemotherapy before last Christmas. He has had nearly a year of a reasonable quality of life.

Yes, even ancient Og can have an older brother! He is eight years older than me, and before the cancer was fitter and more active.

My brother and sister-in-law have been happily married for 54 years and now have adult grandchildren.

It has always been difficult for my brother and I to express how much we care for each other. It may be a generational thing. Men of our ages don't say much about our feelings. What we did know is that we fought as siblings do when living in the same house, but appreciated each other more when there was 100 miles between us and visits were infrequent.

I've just had a telephone call from one of my nieces. My brother died peacefully at his home this morning, with his wife beside him.

His children are ringing round the massive number of friends and relations. It will take them most of the day because he had so many contacts, and a phone call is more personal than email or text.

I've just had a telephone call from one of my nieces. My brother died peacefully at his home this morning, with his wife beside him.

His children are ringing round the massive number of friends and relations. It will take them most of the day because he had so many contacts, and a phone call is more personal than email or text.

That is very sad news; I extend my sincerest condolences to you. I know what you are going through right now is very difficult, but stay strong, the pain of the loss will be alleviated with time.

Last edited:

:rose: Condolences to you and your family.

My condolences, and best wishes. :rose:

Thank you for these messages.

As expected, his children have been using social media e.g. Facebook and Twitter and have made some wonderful posts about what their father meant to them.

A sample "artist, painter, sailor, sledge manufacturer, stone skimmer, card shark..."

He was an ideal Renaissance man who could do many things, and did.

Thank you for these messages.

As expected, his children have been using social media e.g. Facebook and Twitter and have made some wonderful posts about what their father meant to them.

A sample "artist, painter, sailor, sledge manufacturer, stone skimmer, card shark..."

He was an ideal Renaissance man who could do many things, and did.

It sounds like a life well lived. :rose:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back