Dr. Mabuse?

MagicFingers

Literotica Guru
If anyone knows or remembers The most cool old Lit member, Dr.Mabuse, please tell him there is a great old 5 star movie on tonight on TCM at 5pm pdt, "Dr. Mabuse, the Gambler". It's a great old movie and would be worth seeing or taping! 1922, 5 *

If anyone knows or remembers The most cool old Lit member, Dr.Mabuse, please tell him there is a great old 5 star movie on tonight on TCM at 5pm pdt, "Dr. Mabuse, the Gambler". It's a great old movie and would be worth seeing or taping! 1922, 5 *

I seem to recall "The Testament of Dr Mabuse". :confused:
I think it was a horror story.

I saw that one years ago

I seem to recall "The Testament of Dr Mabuse". :confused:
I think it was a horror story.
And discussed it with the author Dr. Mabuse here, asking if it was his inspiration in some way.

This is the same mad Doctor Mabuse who uses mind control of some sort?
Hypnotism maybe. Must be a series.
It's well done for 1922!

There are three Dr. Mabuse films, made a number of years apart, all directed by the great Fritz Lang. Dr. Mabuse, the Gambler is a silent film from 1922 (as you noted), made in two parts. The Testament of Dr. Mabuse is a sound film from 1933. It was banned by Goebbels, though apparently impressed him enough that he asked Lang to take a position of significance in the Nazi film industry. The Thousand Eyes of Dr. Mabuse dates from 1960, and was Lang's last film.

Fascinating films, all, and well worth watching.

Thank you for these supporting facts

There are three Dr. Mabuse films, made a number of years apart, all directed by the great Fritz Lang. Dr. Mabuse, the Gambler is a silent film from 1922 (as you noted), made in two parts. The Testament of Dr. Mabuse is a sound film from 1933. It was banned by Goebbels, though apparently impressed him enough that he asked Lang to take a position of significance in the Nazi film industry. The Thousand Eyes of Dr. Mabuse dates from 1960, and was Lang's last film.

I didn't realize it was 4:45 when I recorded it, nor that it was silent. This must be both parts.
However, it really doesn't matter because high quality films transcend all that stuff and I will watch it all as soon as I get an afternoon free.

If you go to the story side and contact dr_mabeuse through the contact feature there, then give him a few days, he may answer you. He still posts stories here every few months.

You're misspelling his name. It's doctor mabeuse.

Ah, that's why I couldn't find him in my search

You're misspelling his name. It's doctor mabeuse.
But the movie is Mabuse. Spelled like old English as Mabufe. Doesn't work in this font. In the later speaking movie, I remember it was pronounced Ma boo' say.

Wasn't there one starring Vincent Price ?

Back