Reunion (closed)

lmcms

Sweet submission
Joined
Jul 10, 2012
Posts
2,745
Cleo Morris examined herself in the mirror of the hotel bathroom. Her dark bloodred curls were tamed and fixed into a fancy top knot with just a few curling trendils brushing her long pale exposed neck. Her make-up made her porclien skin fairly glow her lips looked moist with a hint of color and the grey smokey eye shadow had her green eyes sparkling like emeralds. She stood at 5’6” without her heels on but the strappy black heels but her at about 5’9”. Her dress clung to every amble curve hugging her slim waist. It was spaggeti strapped and showed ample cleavage from her 36 DDs without being slutty but rather classy and sexy. The emerald green of the matriel help make her eyes shine.

Satisfied with her looks she walked out of the bathroom and grabbed her clutch purse and sheer black wrap. Before she walked out of the door she caressed the love letters and photos of her and Ryan. They had been high school sweethearts and stayed together until the first year of college. He had sent all these things to her five years ago and everyday for those five years her heart had broken as she had taken them all out caressing them with tender emotion she didn’t think she could feel anymore and only really felt with she touched these items.

She was going to go to this 10 year high school reunion for only one reason to see if Ryan was there. She didn’t know what she would do if he was but she would figure it out she was good at figuring things out on the fly she always had been. Most thought she was a stone cold bitch and men treated her as if she had no heart. She was more than happy to let them think that and often thought it was Karma’s way of paying her back for how she had cheated on Ryan all those times. With a final sigh she slipped her hauty bitch expression over her face and head out the door and to the reunion.
Cleo walked into the hotel were they where hosting the 10 year reunion and held her head high and proud as she claimed her name tag. She could feel the eyes on her as she slowly made her way to the bar to get a drink. Her hips sways sensually to the beat of the current song playing cause the slit of her floor length dress to to expose her left leg up to mid thigh. Finally at the bar she ordered a beer in a bottle. Despite her sophisticated looks Cleo was really a simple girl at heart and no one but Ryan had ever figured that out.

She growled irritated at herself because her thoughts went so quickly to himagain. The closer the reunion had gotten the more she had thought of him. When the bartender handed her her beer with a wink she turned giving him a cold shoulder and went to find a table refusing to look for Ryan Johnson right away. She chatted with a couple of old friends many of which were fans of hers. She was now a successful erotic romance author.

She had been there about an hour and was proud that she hadn’t looked to see if Ryan was here yet. She yearned to catch up with him but she didn’t want to appear desperate and pounce on him as soon as he came through the doors. Her heart stopped when the DJ played a song that she and Ryan had considered their song. Something in her made her turn and look out on the dance floor wisfully. She scaned the couples dancing her eyes snapped back to a couple she had almost missed. There is was on the dance floor dancing with a sever looking brunette dancing to their song.

She could feel the anger and jealousy building inside her. Yes she had done him wrong and yes he had sent everythinghe had of their relationship back to her five years ago but was nothing sacred to the man. She turned back to the group she had been talking to. “Please excuse me a moment.” She said absently and walked off toward the dance floor.

She approached Ryan and the sevre looking brunette in a way that he would not see her until it was too late. She smiled sweetly and spoke in a clear smokey voice. “Mind if I cut in?” She said to the brunette then looked at Ryan. “It’s been ages and I was hoping to get one dance for old times sake.
 
He ran his fingers through his short dark hair, the black of it making his dark blue eyes look even darker. Those eyes were busy scanning the front page of the local paper. “Sexy Author comes home for high school reunion.” The headline read and a picture was below it taking up most of the page.

The words of the article started off with, “New York Times bestselling author Chloe Morrison, famous for her erotic and darkly mysterious novels is to return to Raven’s Bluff Senior high class of 2002’s Ten year reunion. Morrison is famous for the novels…” The man’s eyes stopped reading the words of the article and moved back to the picture. It was her alright. Her red curls cascading down her back in waves, the green eyes almost seeming to follow you from the page. The name rang in his head; it wasn’t the name on the paper but the woman’s true Name. Cleo Morris, pen name Chloe Morrison, a name and face he knew all too well.

Strong hands crumpled the paper, he didn’t want to see her face, and he would be damned if he would let even thoughts of that bitch ruin his night. He was going to see a lot of old friends and to let Hannah see a little of his past.

He had been surprisingly closed mouthed about his past to Hannah, telling her very little. It was a chapter of his life he had closed the cover on long ago. He had moved away, had made a career as a band director, and orchestra conductor, and now as a record label executive as well. His past was just that, in the past to him and he didn’t speak about it.

That’s why Hannah had been surprised when Ryan had invited her to his tenth reunion. The Raven’s Bluff class of 2002 was hosting a formal in honor for their ten year reunion and Ryan had made the commitment to going.

Abandoning the crumpled up newspaper he moved to get in the shower to get ready to go. He passed Hannah who was doing her make-up playfully swatting her ass as he passed her. He received a stern glare for it. “Behave yourself Ryan.” She said.

“Relax Honey,” he said with a smile.

A half an hour later he stood in his suit, letting Hannah straighten his tie, smooth the wrinkles out of his white shirt and generally otherwise fuss over his appearance. “Come on babe we’re going to a reunion not a flipping funeral.” He said as she insisted on running a lint brush over his black pants. “I live with a dog that sheds, I don’t really care if I take a little of rocko with me.”

She only gave him an I will kill you if you don’t shut up look for that. When she finally deemed him fit to go into public they headed out of the hotel room they were staying in and got into Ryan’s truck to head to the formal.

Ryan drove in silence, despite himself he was a little nervous about the evening, and what would he do if he encountered Cleo? What could he say to her? He stamped out the thoughts. He had sworn he was done thinking about her and the hurt she’d caused him 5 years ago. For 4 years before that he had pored over their love letters, their photos, the erotic stories she had written for him, and the songs he had composed for her. That had all ended five years ago when Ryan had decided he was done, he had boxed it all up, he literally had file folders of it. He had sent it all to her. The only things he had not included were the nude photographs and his copy of the electronic archives of their instant message conversations. He had sent her printouts of the latter, but had held onto the former not so that he had a piece of her but encase he needed them. He was not above blackmailing her with them after the things she had done to him in the past. Now five years later he could possibly run into her and the thought made him grit his teeth.

“You’re as tight as a bowstring sweetie.” Hannah said her hand rubbing his forearm, “Are you ok?” she asked softly. Ryan just nodded as he pulled them into the parking lot of the upscale hotel the formal was being held at.

Ryan walked in and collected his name tag. Hannah got a guest name tag which she could write her name on. Nametags in place they moved to find a table.

The evening passed pleasantly enough a group of Ryan’s old track buddies and band mates had joined them with their wives and girlfriends and they chatted and laughed throughout dinner. After dinner came the dancing and Hannah and he danced together a number of numbers, mostly slow dances and line dances. She was not really one to just cut loose to a fast song.

It was during one such slow song that it happened. A slender hand with perfectly manicured fingernails touched Hannah’s arm and a familiar smoky voice, a voice that was just made to sound sexy, spoke asking to cut in. He would know that rich contralto anywhere. The number of times he had heard it saying…. He stamped down those thoughts. He could swear his heart actually skipped a beat at hearing that voice.

Hannah’s eyes looked up at Ryan and Ryan forced a smile, “Chloe.” He said using her pen name for Hannah’s benefit. “Hannah, this is Cleo err. Chloe Morrison.”

“You mean the author I love so much?” his girlfriend asked here severe frown lightening to something that was supposed to be a smile.

“Yeah, that’s her.”

“You never told me you knew anyone famous, dear.”

“She’s an old friend.” He said somewhat lamely.

“Well go ahead and dance with her, I’ll go use the restroom,” she leaned up whispering in his ear, “Maybe you can get her to give me her autograph.”

“I’m sure that won’t be a problem.” He said as his girlfriend slid out of his arms and his full attention settled on Cleo. His blue eyes narrowed as he took her in, from the way that her red hair barely brushed against her pale throat, almost inviting a man’s lips to kiss it, to her strappy heals. He had always preferred her hair down; it was more fun to run his fingers through. His hand twitched almost as if remembering the feel of it as his eyes slid down her body. Encased in the little emrald green dress, which matched her eyes, it contrasted with her porcelain skin, making the milky swells of her large breasts stand out, instantly attracting the eyes of all the men.

She didn’t look much different than the last time he had seen her. A little older, a few more pounds, perhaps which only made her curves softer and more inviting in his opinion, doing nothing to detract from her beauty. Her hair also seemed shorter; unless he missed his guess it might only go down to her shoulder blades or mid back, not all the way to her waist as it had before.

His visual scan completed his eyes swept back up to meet hers. It figured she would make her move during this song, it had been so important to them. He hadn’t forgotten, but if he had said no to Hannah to dancing to this slow song she would have asked too many questions.

Finally he spoke after clearing his throat, “Cleo.” He said, finally using her real name. His word wasn’t exactly a question, wasn’t exactly a statement just one word, one name that meant so much.

As he spoke he extended his hand taking her strong yet delicate hand into his. He could feel the soft skin that covered strength; these were talented hands that could do so much. “Congratulations on your success as an author. You’ve come a long way from the cheerleader in high school, forced to be an exotic dancer in college just to pay her way through school.” His words were pleasant enough, conversational, but the wording made it sort of a backhanded compliment.

He swept her closer his left hand sliding around her waist his right still holding hers as they began to dance together. She had forced his hand, and unless he wanted to make a scene, which he didn’t not in front of so many people, he would have to dance with her. That being said, his posture was stiff, and he did not move with the fluidity that she knew him capable of, all of his guards and shields were up, not that it would help him much, or so he feared.
 
Last edited:
Cleo smiled at the woman Ryan had called Hannah as she stepped away to let her cut in and dance this song with him. She didn’t say a word as he looked her up and down she let him take his fill of her with his eyes. She knew a lot had changed between then and now. Maybe not physically but other wise everything was different. She sighed inwardly when he took her in his arms to dance to their song. She closed her eyes and just tried to feel but apparently Ryan wanted to be chatty.

She heard every word he said though she didn’t comment even when he put tried to put her in her place bringing up the past. He use to be quite and she was the one who always mouthed off. Now she was more sly than she use to be apparently Ryan forgot about the temper that went so well with her red hair that she carried. She kept her mouth shut though and the song finished. She pulled back and smiled a friendly smile at him as if nothing in the world could phase her.

Looking over to the side she saw little sever Hannah and smiled at her walking over to her. She took the other woman’s hand and pressed a kiss to it before she smoke with genuine warmth. “Hannah sweetheart I wanna thank you so much for letting me dance with my first love to our old song. To so you just how much I appreciate it I am going to go up to my room and get the manuscript to my lasted book and sign it for you.” She paused for a moment. “You know what we should do breakfast in the morning and I can tell you old stories about Ryan while we get to know each other.”

Finally she took her eyes off Hannah and looked back at Ryan. “You don’t mind do you Ryan love? If I still this sweety for a few hours?” She asked her voice dripping sugary venom.
 
Cleo said nothing in response to his words, which surprised him. She almost never hesitated to use her words or voice against him, to lure him in, to make him breathless. He squashed those thoughts as well.

When he dance was done she stepped back away from him, her full curves brushing him as she stepped back. Without a word she walked over to Hannah taking and kissing her hand. The range of expressions Hannah’s face went through might have made Ryan laugh if the situation were different. First the smile that lit up her pretty face was a stark contrast to her upright formal appearance. Then her face filled with surprise upon hearing that Ryan was her first love. Her eyes flicked to Ryan questioningly. Her expression went back to happy and surprise at a mention of the autographed manuscript. She looked somewhere between pleased and surprised at the offer of breakfast and a little wary at the idea of stories about Ryan.

So this was how she intended to play things, her words were not a weapon directly used against him but used on his girlfriend. Ryan gritted his teeth. “I’m not so sure that’s a good idea…” Ryan said his tone low and somewhat dangerous.

Hannah giggled just a little sensing the tension, “What is the problem sweetheart? You don’t want me to get to know a famous author? Or maybe it has to do with the fact that you didn’t tell me you had a first love, that you might see her tonight, or that that is who that was before I let you touch her.” She looked apologetically at Cleo, “Of course I am sure you meant it innocently but how can I think he meant it such when he hides such things from me?”

Ryan took a deep breath counting to ten; this is how it would play out… Hannah was working herself up into a rage, all because of a few innocent words from Cleo…she had such a way with words, and he forgot that they could be used in so many ways.

“Sweetheart I wasn’t trying to hide anything from you; you know I don’t talk about my past.”

“Why is that anyway? I never got that, I always thought it is stupid, if you won’t tell me about your past I’d love to learn it from some who obviously knows you well.”

“I need a drink.” Ryan said and turned on his heal and walked away. “5 minutes, it didn’t even take her 5 minutes to fuck up my evening…” he growled under his breath. He did not want Cleo talking to his girlfriend, he did not want Cleo to share the dark secrets of their past, how much power she had had over him.

“How dare he walk away from me like that?” Hannah said with a sniff. “I think breakfast sounds like a lovely idea… thank you so much for inviting me…” Hannah said her eyes sweeping back to Cleo.
 
Cleo smiled at Hannah turning her back to Ryan now that she had ruffled his feathers and put him back in his place. “I’m sorry sweetie I didn’t mean to stir things up please forgive me. Truth be told Ryan dumped me there is nothing there for him and I am just reliving my glory days. I was serious about breakfast but he made a catty comment on the dance floor so I decided to be catty back please forgive me. “

Cleo sighed, “Let me start over with you. My name is Cleo Morris you may know me as Chloe Morrison and I really appreciate you letting me dance with your fine man. I ment what I said about the book and breakfast though I really appreaciate it if you wouldn’t hate me for this. I will answer everything I can for you in the morning. IF you are still willing to meet with me.” She said with a heart felt sigh.

She felt bad about causing the issue but her temper was still up at from Ryan’s reminder about her being a stripper to work her way through college just because she hadn’t been as smart as him to get a full ride scholarship.
 
Hannah only nodded, “Don’t worry. He has just never mentioned you. That caught me off guard.” She pulled out a scrap of paper and jotted down her number. “I think I would still like to have breakfast with you, learn more about this past he is so close mouthed about.” She turned, “I should probably go find him.”

She found him at the bar nursing whisky and coke. “You know I don’t like it when you drink Ryan…” she started and that started the argument. It ended up moving into the parking lot and ended up with her calling a cab to take her back to the hotel. The fight had covered everything from his drinking which he rarely did, to his ex which he wouldn’t talk about and everything in between.

Alone now Ryan moved back into the formal where he ordered another whiskey and coke and tried to get into shooting the shit with a couple guys around him but he was pissed and flustered. Why did she have such power to get under his skin? He looked at his watch; he gave it 5 minutes before she found him again… he suspected that the argument with Hannah wasn’t the last screaming match he would have before the night was through.
 
Cleo saw Ryan come back in and knew shit had went bad and it was her fault. She didn’t remember him ever being a drinker so this had to be bad. She hung her head in shame. “Quick to light and quick to burn out.” Her grandmother use to tell her. She knew her and Ryan probably needed to talk she didin’t want them splitting on such bad terms yet again she wanted to make peace with him if nothing else. Even if she was still attracked to him and her heart still yearned for him. He had taught her if you loved someone you did what was best for them.

She went to the bar and sat on the stool beside him, “ I keep fucking up your life don’t I?” She asked but continued on before he could answer. “For what it’s worth I’m sorry you know my temper always got the best of me and you catty comment on the dance floor hurt so I struck back but that is no excuse I guess you bring the worst out in me or something I don’t know.”

She waved to the bartender motioning to get them a round.
 
Ryan would have a beer on occasion, but when he started drinking Jack and coke it wasn’t a good sign. He blew out a long sigh. He had been right it was less than 5 minutes in fact. A glance at the watch showed three.

“I can still predict things you’re going to do… I could tell within 2 minutes when you would come back up and talk to me.” He stared into his glass. “For what its worth my comment wasn’t meant to be hurtful… it was in no way an insult… you do have to admit you have come a long way…” Why was he even bothering? He didn’t want to talk to her, did he?

“She’s not happy with me.” He continued without knowing why, “They’re probably be another fight, I’m so fucking sick of fighting. Is it me? You and I fought all the bloody time and now Hannah just wants to fight. Do you people actually think its fun?” he sighed. “What is it you want Clo?” He said using his nickname for her without even thinking about it, it was the altered form of her name that had probably given her the inspiration for her pen name. His eyes finally lifted from his glass to meet hers, his eyes were deep pools of blue, and he found himself sinking into those green eyes despite himself. At least she hadn’t used her words or voice to too great of an effect on him, her look and that familiar scent were enough. He didn’t know what he would do if she touched him again. It had been difficult enough when she had danced with him. He could still feel her hand in his; it was almost exactly how he remembered it. She even sounded almost the same. Her voice was maybe a little deeper, but even back in high school it had been the purr of a woman not the high pitched tones of a girl.
 
“Seems like we are both making mistakes tonight and you always knew me better than anyone else.” She told him as the bartender sat two more jack and cokes in front of them. She lifted her glass and took a swig as Ryan asked his questions.

“I don’t know about you and her love but as for you and me we fought but we had just as many if not more good times. I hated us fighting still do to be honest but my Nana always said it was the Irish in me that made me so quick to fight. I don’t know if she’s right but she most know something about it but I finally started to mellow out about five years ago. Before that though man or woman didn’t matter to me I would hate to know how many bar fights I got into.” She gave a self mocking laugh looking into his dark blue eyes that always reminded her of the depths of the ocean.

“It’s not you love I know that you’re the best man I ever knew bar none.” She said with a finality and a ring of truth that would not be denied. “So how long have you and Hannah been together?” She asked wanting to change the topic before she became emotional.
 
One of the first things Ryan noticed was that she hadn’t answered his question. Still hadn’t come out and said what she wanted. He snorted a mocking self-deprecating laugh at her comment that he was the best man she’d known. He almost said the snide comment that came to mind, it involved her cheating, but he didn’t he just looked away. He was fairly sure he didn’t wish to feel the lash of that Irish tongue yet again tonight. So he held his tongue.

Taking another slow drink of his drink he noted she was now drinking the same as him. He had forgotten that about her, she looked like a pretty girl but she could drink most men under the table. He went with a slightly lesser jab, “I find it hard to believe you would ever mellow out.” He said, “Maybe now that your famous… but I dunno.” He shrugged.

He considered her question for a long moment before answering, “A few months now. My relationships don’t tend to last too very long, guess I just can’t let them get too close.” He said with a shrug. Ryan had a trust problem, and he knew it, but really wouldn’t anyone after what he had been through.

He finally returned his eyes to her, “Goddamnit Clo almost 10 years ago I swore I would never speak to you again, and 5 years ago I swore was done thinking about you and now I’m talking to you, what the fuck is wrong with this picture?” his question was slightly rhetorical but he figured she would have some answer. His words carried a lot of frustration with himself, confusion and unsurity on how to proceed.
 
She looked at him with a smirk "No Ry to be honest with you fame didn't mellow me not single ounce what did however was my past coming up to slap me in face and show me all the mistakes I made." She shrugged carelessly. "In 5 years I havn't socked anyone ..... well except that guy who was haressing a waitress, you know groping her and slapping her ass even after she told him to stop, but I figure that time don't count."

When he went on about how he never wanted to see or speak or think about her she felt herself hallow out inside. "Well I guess that trully does put me in my place doesn't it. I'll cancel brakfast with Hannah." She rose from her seat determined to exit before he could see the sorrow she felt. If nothing else she had hoped to mend a bridge but she could see now there wasn't enough logs and stones in all the world to build that bridge. She leaned over and placed a kiss on his forehead closing her eyes to fight back the tears. "Have a good life Searc." She told him huskily not sure if he remeber that Searc was the irish word for love use for a lover. SHe took one more deep breath inhaling his scent and turned to leave before her tears spilled over.
 
He couldn’t say that he was truly surprised that she had taken his words wrong, she almost always had. He grabbed her before she could go. He didn’t mean for his arms to slide around her waist it just sort of happened that way. He had turned on the barstool to catch her and now his arms were locked behind her back trapping her slightly between his legs. Standing so close, with the bra she was wearing her full breasts almost touched his chest.

He suddenly was much more aware of her body, a body that he knew so very well than he had planned to bee. It took him longer to speak than he had originally planned needing to swallow a few times and work up saliva in his dry mouth. “Dammit Clo I said that’s what I said 10 and 5 years ago, not that I was saying that now…” he was surprised at the words coming out of his mouth. Just a few hours ago he had meant those words, but he couldn’t stand to see her walk off like this. If she was genuinely upset or was manipulating him he was unaware of either he just fell into an old pattern. He would say something wrong, she would try to storm off, and he would immediately apologize and try to make her stay. He didn’t know why he was saying what he next said, “I didn’t say I wanted you to leave… come on sweetie.” He said. As he spoke his right came from around her waist skimming past her breast and gently wiped at the tears gathering in her green eyes. In their position it was almost impossible for him to reach up without touching her breasts and his elbow brushed them as he gently wiped the tears away.

What the fuck was he doing, he wondered? What was going on here? Why didn’t he just let her leave? It just felt wrong to let her leave like that.
 
Cleo paused at the feel of his hand on her and had to supress a shudder as her eyes closed for a moment absorbing the feel of his touch. She opened her eyes to look back at him as he spoke to her. She had to swallow herself a few times and when he went to sipe her tears more fell at the tender gesture from. The fact that he brushed against her breast didn’t even register to her only his gesture did as she leaned into his touch.

“I’m sorry Ry I wouldn’t blame you if you did want me to leave I use to be a selfish bitch and while I wanted to show you different tonight all I did was cause a fight between you and your girlfriend. I don’t blame you if you hate me but ten years is a long time.” She whispered.

She thought about just how long ten years had seemed to her all the relationships she had tried to have had ended up being with losers or abusive ass holes. She certainly couldn’t let him know that besides self plessure she hadn’t been with anyone since she got his shipment five years ago. It was as if she was having an affair with him or something weird she was sure. The box had reminded her of what was good and right and should have been if she hadn’t been stupid and insecure.
 
He shrugged after pulling his hand back, “Don’t sweat it… Hannah and I would have inevitably fought about something sooner or later. Probably when I wanted to go to the after party and have a few beers and she just wanted to go back to the room.” He blew out a long sigh.
He really didn’t know what to say to her and was starting to feel awkward having her so close to him, it was affecting him, and not necessarily in the mushy I want to have a good cry with you way either. “We’ve both changed a lot in 10 years, but some things will never change. We always got off on the wrong foot with each other…” he didn’t say the other thing he was thinking that their bodies had fit together like a hand and a glove.

As they had stood there another slow song came on and he watched couples moving out onto the floor. There were many he recognized, many who seemed to still be with their high school sweethearts. He turned her around gently and pointed, “Did those couples really stay together, or is this a take a turn with your old flame song?” he asked changing the subject and hopefully lessening the tension just a bit. He would not think about the curve of her bottom pressing to his knee, almost slipping between his legs, he just would not.
 
Cleo nodded her agreement that they had always gotten off on the wrong foor but stayed silent when she would have said they had always been explosive with each other in many ways. When he pointed out to the crowd asking if the couples were actually still or just dancing dancing with old flames. "A bit of both from what I can recall." She admitted and paused a moment.

"Ry would I be out of line asking for another dance?" She asked in a timid whisper. For once they weren't fighting it seemed that maybe they could be friends if they both tried but she didn't want to push her luck.

She could admit to herself she wanted to be in his arms again and it had nothing to do with friendship. She promised herself that if he would dance with her and that was all she could have for only tonight she would cherish it always. "Please." She looked at him her eyes pleading as well as her words she just needed the tenderness she felt with him to help her last a life time.
 
At his pointing, Cleo turned to regard the dance floor. Dark blue met green as she turned back. Her initial response was innocent responding that it seemed to be a little of both. Then she stepped up the heat and intensity between them asking for a dance. In that initial second, with her eyes meeting his, with her full lush lips curved slightly into a hopeful smile, when he felt her body so close to his and yearned to feel her touch again he knew he was lost. He could never say no to her, he never had. He only had once, that was the final time she had asked him to forgive her and take her back. Barring that one time he couldn’t easily recall a time when he denied her anything.

He knew she could see it in his eyes; there was a logical hesitation and then a look in his eyes that said he could deny her nothing. “We shouldn’t.” he murmured, and the words sounded like a hollow protest even to himself as he stood off the barstool. He had expected her to step back but if she didn’t his action would have almost forced their bodies to touch. He jostled her as they were so close. His hands came up to her waist to steady her.
He knew he shouldn’t touch her like this, shouldn’t allow such close even simple touches. However he didn’t move his hands but instead used them to back her towards the dance floor guiding her into the mix of couples. His hands on her waist held them at a respectful distance, actually farther apart than their first dance. He waited to see if she would close the gap, how close did she want to get? How close did he want her to get??
 
Cleo saw his hesitation and like him she knew they shouldn't do this knowing they were flirting with fire but she couldn't seem to help herself anymore than he could. She kept her eyes on his trusting him as he guided her backwards toward the dance floor. He seemed so much more confident and in control than he use to and she had to admire that. Where his hands held onto her hips she could feel warmth spreading through her body.

Never taking her eyes from his she wrapped her arms around his neck so they weren't just standing there with his hands on her hips. The action drew them a bit closer together but he let them keep a bit of distance between them. She had never been one to poach on another's man but being this close to Ryan she wanted him to be hers. SHe knew the battle she raged showed in her eyes but still she didn't move closer from her point of view it was his turn to take the next step. If they were to make a relationship even if it was just friends they both had to make the moves it couldn't be all one sided, she knew. So she stood on the dance floor with him his hands on her hips her hands behind his neck and what felt like miles between them. One step at a time she told herself and the next step was his.
 
Back
Top