Isolated Blurt Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
210 grams.

I used to see a Speech Therapist when I was in grade school. I still don't know how the district managed it since we were perpetually on the edge of bankruptcy, but even with three 's' sounds in her name, she helped me overcome a stutter.

I've never quite overcome mine, but then, my stutter is mostly related to the fact that I have Tourette's Syndrome. It's a neuro-muscular thing, not so much a classic impediment. Still, it's lessened over the years, and I've taken a few speech classes here and there to deal with it. But there are times I can't even say my own name when introducing myself.

I've never quite overcome mine, but then, my stutter is mostly related to the fact that I have Tourette's Syndrome. It's a neuro-muscular thing, not so much a classic impediment. Still, it's lessened over the years, and I've taken a few speech classes here and there to deal with it. But there are times I can't even say my own name when introducing myself.

Yeah, mine pops up from time to time if I'm really tired, or so excited about something that I'm talking way too fast. I don't think it's happened to me onstage.

Yeah, mine pops up from time to time if I'm really tired, or so excited about something that I'm talking way too fast. I don't think it's happened to me onstage.

Funny how that happens, isn't it? It's an annoyance, but when you really need to talk, sing, whatever, it's suddenly gone.

Until you're done, and then you can't speak for ten minutes. Well, I can't anyway. I do great giving speeches, but afterward, I'm a mute.

I just heard about a woman I went to high school with dying of cancer, and I can't remember anything about her. She must have graduated the year before me because she isn't in my year book (Facebook only had the one picture of her, but that isn't the same). I know I shared classes with her, but I can't remember which ones. Or maybe she was on the fencing team? I just don't know, and now I will never figure it out.

I just heard about a woman I went to high school with dying of cancer, and I can't remember anything about her. She must have graduated the year before me because she isn't in my year book (Facebook only had the one picture of her, but that isn't the same). I know I shared classes with her, but I can't remember which ones. Or maybe she was on the fencing team? I just don't know, and now I will never figure it out.

:rose: Sorry you heard such sad news of your former schoolmate, TGP. :rose:

Good, I think carrying it for two days has convinced him I actually like the stupid bag. I mean, a handbag. :(. It's not like he hasn't seen me taking them by the sackload down the charity shop when my dad gives them to me, and I had one just like this one given to me three weeks ago. I have two handbags. Well, normally I carry a blue IKEA bag that cost 49p and sometimes I take out my Radley and I have one navy scoop bag - and now I have this stupid garish cloth thing.

Should've given him a fucking list, as usual. Feel like a fucking character in an Oscar Wilde play: "A handbag!" :(

Last edited:
Shirts

Earlier this week I put two shirts in the rag bag because their collars were badly frayed.

As my wife brought in two more clean shirts from the washing line I noticed that the collars were beginning to fray. They too will be candidates for the rag bag.

But they were two of my 'good' shirts, for office wear.

I started thinking. When did I buy them?

I haven't worked in an office since 1991. Those shirts weren't new in 1991. The last probable date for their purchase was 1987.

Perhaps I shouldn't complain about shirts that I have been wearing at least once a fortnight for over 25 years.

A few tiddlers were playing in the water today, but the big guys have yet to slough off the winter, despite the water temperature being higher..

In other words, we caught nought.

But I did do a mod to my aerial.

I thought I was at a loss for words. Oh, wait....check your assumptions and grow the fuck up!...There. Guess not.

Oh no! I've dropped a crumb from my sandwich down into my cleavage. I can feel it nestling up between the bra cups, ooh oh, every time I reach down it moves around!
;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back