the Authors’ Hangout LITEROTICA/A.I.R. 2012-2015 Themed Contests Support Thread…

Status
Not open for further replies.
the Authors’ Hangout LITEROTICA/A.I.R. 2012-2015 Themed Contests Support Thread…

support_360_320.jpg


It’s our middle name…

[size=+2]LITEROTICA[/size]

and the

[size=+2]ASSOCIATION of INDEPENDENT READERS (A.I.R.)[/size]

2011 Winter Holiday Contest


Proving that two contests are better than one...

8167545-a-happy-woman-are-giving-a-christmas-ball-her-sister-sexy-twins-are-santa-claus-they-are-wearing-red.jpg

two contests one theme…

[size=+2]
Erotica's #1 Writing Contests
[/size]
 
image.php

The full 2011 Special Contest schedule can be found below - though as this is the last special contest of 2011, it's not very useful. :D The 2012 schedule should be up within the next month.

Oh great, sweet :kiss:, wonderful, compassionate leader :cattail:,

Before you post the 2012 Themed Contest schedule I beg of you to consider certain changes. That instead of mindlessly posting the same schedule you’ve used for the last three years that you up the ante a bit. I, your most humble of servants, would like to offer you a couple of possible scenarios that incorporate feedback I’ve received from this great sites readers.

First off, just about every reader who’s contacted me always raises the same question – why doesn’t the site change the themes from year to year?

Let’s look at this year’s six themes – from what I’ve heard two should be immediately dropped ( Nude Day and Earth Day), two should be retained with some minor changes (Valentines day and Halloween Day), and two should be substantially changed or scrapped (Summer and Winter).


Cook+bank.jpg

LITEROTICA theme contest hq?

Now I know you’re a nudist and Manu’s a green freak and so you have an emotional attachment to the first two contests I mentioned. But can’t we have a break from them. Quite frankly the stories that have been submitted to the LITEROTICA section of these two contests the last couple of years have been tired and trite, often simply rehashes of stories the submitting author has made year after year. The reading public is growing tired of them.

How about an “April Fools Day” theme to replace Earth Day for a year? Or “April Showers Bring…”

Or the “Easter Bunny”?

Or what about a “Mother’s Day” theme. Lets face it – the most popular stories on the site are mommy stories. Can you think of any theme that would be more welcomed by our readers?

The Summer Contest is a joke! There’s no challenge to it. Why not make it a much more tightly defined theme? Like “July 4th at the Beach”. Or “Labor Day Orgy?” Or “First Week of College” or… heck the actual theme chosen isn’t that important – just that whatever it is it demands an original story on a relatively narrowly defined theme.

Winter Holiday? Why not make it a surprise contest? Wait and only announce the exact theme in October. “Xmas Dinner”. Or “New Years Eve”. Or … well you get the idea. By waiting until the last moment authors will have turn out an original story quickly. And the readers won’t have to suffer these stories set in 2006 because the author has been working on them that long.

Change is fun! It’s challenging! It’ll test we authors while rewarding our readers with new original stories.

How could it possibly hurt? Live a little ... take a chance for once...
 
And w e thought we had it bad in the themed contest arena!

Peoples Choice Awards? C’mon QUEENIE!

5 Non Human, 1 Sci-Fi, 2 Novels and 1 Romance? Where are the winners from the popular categories?

And all the winners are chapters and not complete stories! Almost every one of them was started well before the month they won in.

Outside of the wolfmans entry (which clearly has attracted an audience but is chapter 20!) the 8 others have averaged less than 10,000 views. Their vote totals are abysmal.

And the March winners are even worse than the ones in January and February if that’s possible. The most popular story on the site had 3000 views? And wasn't 'favorited' by one single reader. People’s choices? Yeah right!

image.php

Manu and I would like to thank all the authors who submitted during the month, and all the other months for that matter! We've tallied the reader's votes, and are happy to announce the winners of our FIRST QUARTER 2011 People's Choice Awards.

Congratulations to the March 2011 Reader's Choice Award Winners!
________________________________________
First Place ($150 Cash Prize Winner): ROMANCE 3000 views, 0 “favorites”, 2 comments
Life’s Strange Turns Ch. 03-04 by deadeye_76

Second Place ($100 Cash Prize Winner): NON HUMAN 8000 view, 4 “favorites”, 17 comments
Into the Vampire's Lair Ch. 08 by ArtForm

Third Place ($75 Cash Prize Winner): SCI-FI 7000 view, 3 “favorites”, 16 comments
Shadow Dagger Ch. 18 by austin_erotica
Congratulations to the February 2011 Reader's Choice Award Winners!
________________________________________
First Place ($150 Cash Prize Winner): NON HUUMAN 9000 view, 3 “favorites”, 9 comments
More Than Just a Fairy Tale Ch. 16 by Jaisen

Second Place ($100 Cash Prize Winner): NOVELS 6000 view, 5 “favorites”, 10 comments
Chocolate Kisses Ch. 10 by calibeachgirl

Third Place ($75 Cash Prize Winner): NON HUMAN 25000 view, 33 “favorites”, 17 comments
The Dryad and the Woodsman by Myhands316
Congratulations to the January 2011 Reader's Choice Award Winners!
________________________________________
First Place ($150 Cash Prize Winner): NON HUMAN 7000 view, 2 “favorites”, 5 comments
Cemetery Summons Ch. 28 / Galloglaich

Second Place ($100 Cash Prize Winner): NOVELS 14000 view, 24 “favorites”, 62 comments
Wheels of Steel Ch. 14 / PepperPace

Third Place ($75 Cash Prize Winner): NON HUMAN 42000 view, 58 “favorites”, 172 comments
Bound to My Mate Ch. 20 / DoctorWolf
 
For the contests, personally, I'd like to see the Earth Day & Nude Day contests combined since they're so similar, and have a contest solely for misc. holidays.
 
dead_eye_productions.jpg


Life’s Strange Turns: 5 Part Series by deadeye

Life’s Strange Turns Ch. 01-02 (4.78) 03/21/11 5500 views, 3 comments, 1 favorite
Life’s Strange Turns Ch. 03-04 (4.87) W 03/24/11 3200 views, 2 comments, 0 favorites, 61 votes
Life’s Strange Turns Ch. 05-06 (4.67) 03/26/11 2460 views, 1 comment, 0 favorites
Life’s Strange Turns Ch. 07-08 (4.65) 03/29/11 2862 views, 5 comments, 1 favorite
Life’s Strange Turns Ch. 09-10 (4.68) 04/01/11 2965 views, 2 comments, 1 favorite

First of all I’d just like to say I have nothing personal against the winner of the 1st prize in the March 2011 Peoples Choice Awards. Never met him. Never read any of his works before. In fact I’d never heard of him until I clicked open the prize winners.

And after reading that he’s a confident of the beautiful and talented sarahhh :rose: I’m inclined to quite like the guy. Especially given the fact he got a blow job from her (among other things!).

So I’m not here to criticize either he or his stories. But instead to criticize the system that proclaimed his chapter “People’s Choice Story of the Month”. There’s nothing wrong with the story but it’s hard to imagine anyone saying it was LITEROTICAS most popular story after examining the facts and figures.

Four different chapters (double chapters really) of the story came out in March – the average score for the four is about 4.74. Which is excellent but certainly not extraordinary. 4.74 wouldn’t have won any prizes.

The four received roughly 14,000 views. Which means that even combining the totals for the four we’re still left with a fairly small number in LITEROTICA terms. And these numbers were gathered 9 months after the stories appeared. For March alone they must have been much lower. Probably none of them made the top 250 most viewed stories for the month.

The five chapters (including the one that came out in April) have received 13 comments and been ‘favorited’ 3 times. These are extremely low figures for stories in any category. These are true measures of reader reaction – one of the clearest ideas of what the ‘people’ thought. So unfortunately this story did not succeed using this criteria.

I only have a vote total for one of the chapters (the prize winning one) – it’s received 61 votes as of today. Not terrible but certainly no indication of the story garnering great popularity with our readers.

Unfortunately this story is the poster boy of the need for change in how Stories of the Month are chosen.

Its selection is indefensible.

CHANGE IS NEEDED!!!!

And [SIZE=+2]ScouriesWorld
is eagerly awaiting it…

[/SIZE]
 
Ohhhhhhhhh myyyyyyyyyy gawd!

***Three*** MANU AWARD winners submitted stories today – something that’s never been done before.

A.I.R. thanks you all!

And please remember everyone, we will be announcing the 10th MANU Award winner within a week. And I’d like to thank all the LITEROTICANS who nominated their favorite author for this title. The board of directors of the Association of Independent Readers has winnowed the field down to three worthy authors and submitted the list to the membership. A.I.R. members are now voting to select the winner of this great honor… who will join this group?

Have you voted yet?


[size=+2]
the MANU

LITEROTICA’S LIFETIME ACHIEVMENT AWARD
[/size]

sponsored by the

[size=+2]ASSOCIATION of INDEPENDENT READERS (A.I.R.)[/size]

Daniellekitten
Just Plain Bob
Many Feathers
rgjohn
SamuelX
Sarahhh
scouries
Slickman
TryAnything

 
Last edited:
[size=+4]Congratulatios Chief!!!![/size]

1302860833RMnJtz.jpg


our first 3000+ most favorited author...

...hopefully he's feeling better.


20 Favoritest Authors

[size=+2]1.Many Feathers (3005)[/size]
2.scouries (2855)
3.Slickman (2836)
4.rgjohn (2763)
5.alwayswantedto (2745)
6.BarondeSade (2730)
7.Selena_Kitt (2460)
8.Goldeniangel (2433)
9.Elianna (2254)
10.TryAnything (2251)
11.Daniellekitten (2244)
12.sarahhh (2172)
13.JazCullen (2169)
14.youbadboy (1983)
15.Ahabscribe (1960)
16.nikki_2021 (1935)
17.SecretFantasy69 (1863)
18.Tx Tall Tales (1822)
19.secretme (1808)
20.walterio (1761)

and look at all the MANU winners on the list!
 
[size=+4]*** A.I.R. Reminder***[/size]

I hope you’ve all remembered that this is your last day to enter a story in either the A.I.R. or LITEROTICA sections of the contest.

Have you submitted yet?

If not why not?

thesecomedown2.jpg

 
[SIZE=+2]ScouriesWorld[/SIZE]

proud sponsor of the

[size=+2]ASSOCIATION of INDEPENDENT READERS (A.I.R.)[/size]

2011 Winter Holiday Contest


8167545-a-happy-woman-are-giving-a-christmas-ball-her-sister-sexy-twins-are-santa-claus-they-are-wearing-red.jpg


Would like to thank the over 1000 authors who submitted stories during the contest period.

And we’re doubly grateful for the participation of so many top 25 MOST FAVORITED AUTHORS as well as the MANU AWARD winners who choseto enter their stories.

Thanks all…
 
[size=+3]The greatest LITEROTICA forum post quote of all time?

The funniest?

The saddest?

Certainly the most telling.[/size]


image.php

LAUREL to E: No problem. To be honest, we're not super hard-and-fast about special contest - meaning we regularly approve contest stories up to 48 hours after the deadline…

I had to wade thru pages of left-handedness and fake number posts to find it but it was well worth it. The nugget of gold that finally turns up in the pan is worth the days of back breaking labor that led to it. As was this.

I do hope the post has accurately quoted the QUEEN. The tears were rolling down my cheeks even as I was rolling around on the floor laughing hilariously.

No miss e, the rules of the QUEENS contests are never enforced in any “super hard and fast” way when it suits her highness. I’m surprised you didn’t know this before. There are ‘hard and fast rules’ but they only apply to the common writer.

EuroStyle-400-rule-breaker.jpg


Of course for those who hover toady like at her feet there are no rules that can’t be amended at the last second. Ask the survivalists who continually flout the rules. Or darkboy and his ‘woody’ stories. Or the moonman who was allowed to turn of the voting. Or jaybird and his non-chapter serial stories.

Cater to her every whim and you too will be elevated into that lofty AHland status – OFFICIAL QUEENS APOLOGIST.

Good luck!

And no, A.I.R. will not be accepting any stories after the contest deadline. Instead we try to offer a fair playing field for everyone.
 
[SIZE="+5"]
Newbie Alert​
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+4]Welcome to yet another part of ScouriesFantasyWorld[/SIZE]

This Part is the Fake Contest thread

Brought to you by LITEROTICA’S GREATEST LIAR AND FRAUD and his New Propaganda ALT ScouriesWorld/Jacqui O

Where Scouries ego is the one and only thing that counts.


Nothing in this thread has anything to do with or is from Literotica. 99% of it is lies made up by scouries and his alt. It's all bullshit. There is no such thing as A.I.R, there is no such thing as the Manu Award. Scouries has nothing to do with Lit and never has or will have, anything to do with Lit. He is a second rate hack, who writes half assed incest stories with flat cardboard characters and the same tired rehashed plots. He is exactly what he is railing against. He wants to redefine the contest because he can't write to the ones that everyone else write to and he has never even placed in a contest on Lit of any kind. He doesn't understand that it is not how many people like a story but how the people who do like it vote.
 
Last edited:
So hey Scouries, did you let my story in the Air contest? Or do I not count cause you have me on ignore?
 
entry numbers released....

2011 Winter Holiday Contest


8167545-a-happy-woman-are-giving-a-christmas-ball-her-sister-sexy-twins-are-santa-claus-they-are-wearing-red.jpg


LITEROTICA SECTION

85 entries from 78 different author names (16 of which were ALTS of authors who’d entered under another name)

Ergo 62 different authors submitted stories to the contest.
One was a Top 10 MOST FAVORITE (jrs esq.)
Three others were in the Top 50

A.I.R. SECTION

1933 stories were submitted during the contest period
1187 have so far been approved
Entries from twelve Top 25 ‘favorites’ have been accepted
26 of the Top 50 entered stories

6 MANU AWARD winners submitted stories

10th MANU Award winner will be announced this weekend (ballots are being counted even as I post)
 
Please note that top 25 MOST FAVORITED authors are allowed some leeway in the application of these rules due to their recognized brilliance.

Just thought this little bit of hypocrisy deserved a quote after scouries most recent rant :D
 
LindaLovelace.jpg

lovergirls hubby?

So hey Scouries, did you let my story in the Air contest? Or do I not count cause you have me on ignore?

You’re a funny little one aren’t you? Always trying to start trouble. Pretending to be a tough macho type…. Yeah right! At first jim thought you were a gay guy, maybe even an ace ALT but then you couldn’t even maintain that illusion. Your one of those old AHland broads aren’t you?

While jim does have you on iggy so far I haven’t placed you on my ignore list. And FYI Jim does not involve himself in A.I.R. business. Since he’s a competitor it wouldn’t be ethical. Perhaps an area that isn’t your strong suit.

However he has graciously contributed funding to the ASSOCIATION, using his hard earned ROYALTIES to help promote the world of erotic literature.

As to your story I have no idea if it’s been accepted by the Submission Approval Committee.

However I’d foresee no problems if you followed our submission guidelines. It’s not a chapter in your neverending, 93 chapters so far, turgid, beat up your sister saga is it? If so I’m afraid it will be rejected.

If instead its an original story with original characters and plot, and set in an original setting, you can count on it being accepted. As long as its not a non-erotic or non-human story. As you know those are no-nos under A.I.R. rules.

And please remeber ma'am, if your story is accepted its votes, views, comments etc. will be subject A.I.R. verification.
 
no-cheating-480.png


God the old edit your entry in the middle of the contest trick has come back to bite us again. I’d forgotten about that one in my litany of rule breakers. That clown took the cake. He even out darkboy’d darkboy. It was even a more egregious interpretation of the rules by the QUEEN than the moonman incident (and that one was a real beauty!).

Just another reason why simple, clear, sensible rules that are universally enforced are always the best answer. You start bending them for friends and everyone else gets pissed off.

One of the major reasons so few of the really good authors participate in the LITEROTICA themed contests anymore.
 
Nothing to hyperventilate over in this case. The story was ineligible from the getgo and the author was just along for the ride.
 
LindaLovelace.jpg

lovergirls hubby?

So hey Scouries, did you let my story in the Air contest? Or do I not count cause you have me on ignore?

You’re a funny little one aren’t you? Always trying to start trouble. Pretending to be a tough macho type…. Yeah right! At first jim thought you were a gay guy, maybe even an ace ALT but then you couldn’t even maintain that illusion. Your one of those old AHland broads aren’t you?

While jim does have you on iggy so far I haven’t placed you on my ignore list. And FYI Jim does not involve himself in A.I.R. business. Since he’s a competitor it wouldn’t be ethical. Perhaps an area that isn’t your strong suit.

However he has graciously contributed funding to the ASSOCIATION, using his hard earned ROYALTIES to help promote the world of erotic literature.

As to your story I have no idea if it’s been accepted by the Submission Approval Committee.

However I’d foresee no problems if you followed our submission guidelines. It’s not a chapter in your neverending, 93 chapters so far, turgid, beat up your sister saga is it? If so I’m afraid it will be rejected.

If instead its an original story with original characters and plot, and set in an original setting, you can count on it being accepted. As long as its not a non-erotic or non-human story. As you know those are no-nos under A.I.R. rules.

And please remeber ma'am, if your story is accepted its votes, views, comments etc. will be subject A.I.R. verification.

Well see it's not a chapter series, nor is it non human or non erotic. It is all original! You should try it sometime, instead of coming up with more lame Daddy stories.

So how many other Floridians are living out there in the UK with you and your schizophrenic alts?

By the way I would like to see my story listed in the AIR contest the way it is on Literotica's contest board. Can you please provide me the link?

By the way, is your referring to me as a female your way of trying to justify the man crush you have on me?
 
From the desk of:
[size=+2]james r scouries esq.[/size]
President, ScouriesWorld,
Miami Beach, Florida


[size=+5]darkboy be gone!!!!![/size]

I see darkboy has posted on my thread. At one time I wouldn’t have minded. Unlike the true simpletons I’d never considered him true “ignore” material. When you waded through the jealousy and the mean spiritness you could sometimes find some redeeming content in his posts.

Oh he went on and off “ignore” a few times. The graphing exercise stage he went through had to embarrass even him.

But what he’s done over the last month or so has moved him into another category. From jealous harasser to potential site ruiner!

LITEROTICA’s success is built on its numbers – views, votes, comments, rating and now favorites. And while the owners have taken care never to exactly define what the view numbers actually represent every author who contributes to the site is inexorably drawn to them and motivated by them.

And vote totals, once the orphan number (or at least so among the AHland know it alls), is now perhaps the most watched number.

darkboy’s actions over the last little while have been a vicious attack on the integrity of these numbers.

First, just over a month ago, he created an ALT and then immediately submitted a story under that ALTS name. Seventeen minutes after the story went up on LITEROTICA it popped up on the MOST READ list and showed having 103,000 views. By noon of its first day it had 383,000 views. Today it stands as the MOST VIEWED story on LITEROTICA over the last 12 months. It’s a Sci-Fi category story! As if…

Oh he’ll deny it but his fingerprints are all over it. He’s the king of ALTS! He writes Sci-Fi! He knows more about the workings of LITEROTICA numbers than anyone else on the site (by his own repeated admissions)! He has all sorts of malicious computer programs!

Who else possibly could have done it?

And for his second disgusting effort to undermine LIT’S numbers he didn’t even try to hide his complicity. This time he used one of his known ALTS to perpetuate this vile deed. He submitted a story and within three minutes of its appearing on the NEW STORY list it had 1036 votes!

Three minutes!!!!! Can you believe the gall of this person? By noon the first day it had 1500! Impossible of course unless you’ve somehow infiltrated the sites computers. Unless you’ve downloaded some darkboyian bug.

Why can’t he play by the rules? Why can’t he play fair? Why won’t he spend more time on learning the craft of writing and less on computer shenanigans?

And what will be next? Will this third rate hack suddenly become the FAVORITE AUTHOR of 4000 LITEROTICANS after languishing for years in the backwaters?

Will he suddenly become a 100+ COMMENT author?

I don’t want you posting here anymore darkboy. You’re a plague on the LITEROTICA house. Your actions are an insult to every other LITEROTICA author.


ScouriesWorldwants nothing further to do with you.
 
LMAO

Project much?

Wow, you don't take getting beat in your own category very well, do you?

HeyAll ( amongst others ) was watching my story numbers as they appeared on the Hub. Good luck getting your insane lies past people who were actually paying attention :D

Hardly alone, either. It seems that a huge chunk of the incest stories entered in the real contest beat you on one ( usually more ) statistics.

As to the fundamentals of writing, I'll just present my public comments vs. yours, and my writing vs. yours, and let the readers decide.

I think everyone can evaluate the absurdity of the rest of your lies based upon those few points :)
 
I see no denial in the above. For an obvious reason – he’s been caught red handed.

Of course he has no explanation how it was possible that his Sci-Fi story received 600,000 views. Even the most non-human of his backers don’t believe those numbers are possible.

And the vote scam? darkboy would have us believe that somebody who’s been on the site for years but who has never been able to crack the Top 250 most favorite list, a list even lovergirl was able to crack within a year, received over 2000 legitimate votes. It’s an absurd claim! Anyone who’s spent any time here knows that.

And I guarantee that what jim predicted in his last post, that all of a sudden darkboy and his ALTS will catapult themselves up the favorite author list, is right around the corner.

The sites integrity is at stake.


darkboy should be banned for his hacking into the great MANU’S computers!!!
 
Actually, I was on the top 250 when I was writing regularly as Dark, and Les popped on there for a couple of days just before Manu opened up the favorites listing. The only thing that keeps me off that list ( which I'm hovering just below in a couple of pen names, i believe ) is that my work is spread out across three pen names.

*laugh* You want an open denial? I'm not only not manipulating the votes in any way, shape, or form, I actually asked the readers not to do so as well in my end note.

As to the other story you accuse me of writing and maniuplating ( also false ), there were three other stories with out-of-kilter views at the top of the New list that day. I actually reported the phenomenon to Manu because I expect it was some sort of poorly coded story-stealing bot failing miserably at its task, and the alert may help Manu discover the identity and method of the culprit to block it in the future.

You'd have so much less anxiety in your life if you were just willing to admit that I'm a decent writer with a talent for titles and taglines that attract attention, and that you're badly in need of an editor who tells it to you straight :D
 
image.php

Actually, I was on the top 250 when I was writing regularly as Dark, and Les popped on there for a couple of days just before Manu opened up the favorites listing. The only thing that keeps me off that list is that my work is spread out across three pen names.

Yeah right! The actual reason is that until now you hadn’t been able to create ALTS fast enough. And because you’ve used up all your friends in AHland - todays new, young writers don’t want to get involved in your shady practices.

And that’s why we’ll see the next stage of darkboy underhandedness, the actual invasion and manipulation of LITEROTICA’S computers.

And this sci-fi story was your first step, no matter how you try to deny it now.

And this most recent vote rigging on your part was the second step. You know that poor MANU is overworked these days, that ever since the housing crash he and the QUEEN have had to get day jobs to continue to afford the mortgage payments on the castle.

So you and your cronies, unemployed nerds and computer hackers, still living off the largesse of your parents and/or girlfriends (boyfriends?), have set your sights on the LITEROTICA computers while the poor ROYAL FAMILY is occupied elsewhere.

You should be ashamed of yourself!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top