16/13 ~ The War On Guns Begins.

Perhaps the easiest way to change gun culture without disturbing the 2nd Amendment is to tax it out of prominence.

More permits, more inspections, insurance requirements, ammo tax, usage tax...it would be really easy to control guns through taxation.

Once the Public demands change, that's the way it will probably go down.

I can still count the senate votes, and it isn't going to happen.

And if that day were to ever come it would only mean throwing another tax on the back of the general public. Or the selling off of all of our cherished public lands. Everything has consequences.

Looks as if a couple of gang-bangers decided to shoot it out in a community college. Damn but I wish those sons a bitches would learn to shoot.

Ishmael
 
Do you think the killing sprees are being staged by the Gun Control lobby?
 
Do you think the killing sprees are being staged by the Gun Control lobby?
Funny you should ask that. I was just thinking about it the other day.
Do I think they are? No
Would I be surprised if it turned out one or more events were? No

No matter what side of the debate you're on, the shootings were carried out by madmen. It wouldn't surprise me at all if some lunatic anti-gun person decided that killing a few kids was worth the cost to get gun's banned in order to supposedly save a greater number of lives in the long term.
Afterall, we have had "right-to-life" people who have killed people at clinics that perform abortions.

Again, I have no reason to think it's the case, just saying nothing would surprise me.
 
I guess the Conspiracies will take root in time.

I am assuming that we will see increased news coverage of all gun crime in the USA this year, especially in situations where multiples are killed.

It will be interesting to see if anything changes ...or if the War on Guns is just more distraction during the long, drawn out collapse of the US way of life.
 
And new ideas are baaaaaad.

Speaking of new ideas...the dem's need to get some, they have a perfect opportunity to make a some effective gun control policy and they are just shoveling more of the tired failed bullshit they touted as a winner in 94.

Machine guns are legal but have the piss regulated out of them....holy shit no machine gun problems. Why the fuck are we not giving a licencing/regulation under a shall issue condition such as that a look? Preserves peoples rights, proven to almost eliminate all violence with every weapon/item regulated that way.

It has actual evidence and several decades of success supporting it!!!

We have a severe handgun problem, piss ant rifle/shotgun problem and a microscopic assault weapons problem. What's the best solution for reducing crime democrats could come up with? Assault weapons ban, which doesn't ban anything but accessories you can still rock the same god damn gun and 7 round mag's instead of 10? 10 instead of thirty to slow down those .2 sec mag changes??? REALLY?
Picard_Facepalm_lo.jpg


The ineptness of my leaders and their flock's complacency to sit by and agree with that fail because everyone else is marching to the beat of the tribal drum despite a perfectly reasonable and proven effective solution where BOTH SIDES WIN!!! that already exist is staring them in the face chaps my tit's far more than any gun ban.
 
Last edited:
You posted it, you should be able to answer the question. Why should she be trusted to defend herself?
 
In his speech Tuesday, LaPierre set his sights on Obama's proposal to expand background checks to anyone buying a gun, whether at a store or in a private sale at an auction or convention.

"There are only two reasons for that federal list of gun owners: to tax them or take them," he told the cheering crowd.

The NRA has responded to the President's Inaugeration speech...but there are other reasons to do a background check, such as a criminal record containing gun prohibitions, mental health issues and so one.

Does the NRA suggest the 2nd Amendment provides the right of unfettered gun ownership to convicted bank robbers (for example)?
 
the hunting and assault weapon thing is a non issue in my state. it is illegal to hunt with a weapon that has more than 5 rounds in it. everybody knows you don't need a shitload of ammo in a weapon to hunt with. i know a lot of people who have "assault" semi-auto weapons. they don't hunt with them. they spend more time in the living room rifle rack, safe, or gun cabinet than elsewhere. they are only there because they like to collect them, and as a safe guard against nutjobs, criminals, or the government gone wrong.
like someone said to me once about a criminal. the door you just kicked in was locked not to keep me safe, but rather to keep you safe from me. and they point to their weapon of choice.

this is a quote from elsewhere:

And, in the meantime, we are seeing something in America that hasnt been seen since before the civil war: Individual states reclaiming authority to govern their own people, just as our founding fathers intended. For example, we have 2 states that have legalized marijuana. We also have several states that have passed legislation to refuse to allow federal authorities to enforce any new gun control laws within their borders. And a similar number of states working on similar legislation. What has the feds done about any of this? Nothing! What CAN they do? Again, nothing! No doubt this will continue as the federal governments choke hold on states loses its strength! The exact same thing happened with eastern European countries in the late 80's/early 90's as the Soviet Union began to fall apart..
 
No doubt this will continue as the federal governments choke hold on states loses its strength! The exact same thing happened with eastern European countries in the late 80's/early 90's as the Soviet Union began to fall apart..

Look at the crazy!
 
this is a quote from elsewhere:

And, in the meantime, we are seeing something in America that hasnt been seen since before the civil war: Individual states reclaiming authority to govern their own people, just as our founding fathers intended. For example, we have 2 states that have legalized marijuana. We also have several states that have passed legislation to refuse to allow federal authorities to enforce any new gun control laws within their borders. And a similar number of states working on similar legislation. What has the feds done about any of this? Nothing! What CAN they do? Again, nothing! No doubt this will continue as the federal governments choke hold on states loses its strength! The exact same thing happened with eastern European countries in the late 80's/early 90's as the Soviet Union began to fall apart..

Good quote because it highlights a fundamental difference between a Republic and a Democracy.
 
We also have several states that have passed legislation to refuse to allow federal authorities to enforce any new gun control laws within their borders.
Better reread those laws, I'm pretty sure that they say state agencies won't enforce the federal laws.
If the law actually says that federal authorities are barred from enforcing federal laws within the state I'm pretty sure it's purely symbolic and is unenforceable.
 
Back
Top