fantasy marriage proposals : Your take

Easternwindz

Experienced
Joined
Feb 26, 2014
Posts
52
* bride and groom begin to exchange vows but are disrupted by the minister who gets down on his knees and proposes to the bride in front of all the guests. Bride says "yes" and the minister replaces the groom...

*Lady judge is about to sentence a serial rapist when suddenly the convict proposes to her in front of the whole court. Lady judge accepts the proposal and over-turns the sentence in favor of the rapist...

*Police woman arrests a runaway thief in the middle of a busy street. Before she could put the cuffs on him, he asks her to marry her. She immediately says yes and they kiss as the onlookers cheer them on...

*Your worst enemy comes to your home and proposes to your mother in front of you and she happily accepts. Before you could react, your sister comes in the room and he proposes to her too and she falls for him as well. just when you thought things couldn't get worse, your wife/girlfriend walks in as well and the guys gets down on his knees in front of her too. You had no choice but to attend the wedding where your enemy marries three brides, your mom, sister and wife/girlfriend...

*Guy proposes to dead man's wife at the funeral service.

Are these scenarios too unrealistic to be incorporated in a story? Any more out of this world proposal ideas you can think of?
 
The marriage proposal as a plot device is more than a bit cliche. There needs to be a bit more of a story behind it or it doesn't work.
 
The marriage proposal as a plot device is more than a bit cliche. There needs to be a bit more of a story behind it or it doesn't work.

Correct! So if a story is built around it, then its workable u mean? Tats what i wanna know, cuz these scenarios may seem impossible to some or many.
 
What he means is that the marriage proposal works well as an element in the story, like the ending, or somewhere in the middle, but as a complete plot device or as the central theme of a story it's pretty weak.
 
How about this: a guy wants to propose to his girlfriend. But he's a hopelessly addicted pussy licker. Whenever he gets down on his knees in front of her, the aroma of her pussy overwhelms him, and he pulls her crotch to his face and starts licking.

She loves it, of course, but then he ends up not proposing. Until the next opportunity, when he AGAIN forgets all about the ring and just buries himself in her snatch......

The story would center on his search for the perfect location where he could avoid being distracted.... but then always does.
 
- Policeman catches sex offender at his home, discovers bound young lady in the cellar, proposes to her without untying her, she accepts, he takes her home still without untying her. They probably knew each other before, but perhaps not.

- Man's girlfriend has stood him up. He enters girlfriend's house in the middle of the night, encounters a woman whom he assumes is her, proposes, and she says yes. It turns out she is the beautiful and friendly sister/friend/whatever of the girlfriend, knowing that the girlfriend has abandoned him. He thinks the outcome is great.

- Female friend reveals girlfriend is cheating on man about to propose, in spite, he proposes to female friend instead. She accepts. They live happily ever after.

- Bride is stood up by the groom in the church. Before everything turns into a tragedy, the best man (secretly in love with her) proposes to her. She accepts and the wedding is carried through.
 
How about this: a guy wants to propose to his girlfriend. But he's a hopelessly addicted pussy licker. Whenever he gets down on his knees in front of her, the aroma of her pussy overwhelms him, and he pulls her crotch to his face and starts licking.

She loves it, of course, but then he ends up not proposing. Until the next opportunity, when he AGAIN forgets all about the ring and just buries himself in her snatch......

The story would center on his search for the perfect location where he could avoid being distracted.... but then always does.

That's pretty good. Even better: She's his cousin. Or his sister. Make it a non-incestuous romance by setting the scene among 19th-century English intellectual bourgeoisie - Darwins, Wedgewoods, etc - where cousin marriage was common. Charles returns from the Beagle voyage and wants to propose to Emma, but every time he drops on his knees in front of her, he goes apeshit. Metaphorically speaking, that is.
 
Back
Top