To Submit, or Not to Submit

kurrginatorX

Literotica Guru
Joined
Oct 19, 2017
Posts
15,384
My question for you seasoned contributors centers on submissions. I am a pretty prolific writer, and eventually I want to get all my stuff out here at Literotica. At what point does this become overkill? Should I allow a grace period between submissions so that each individual story has time to germinate--if so, how long between each--or do I just contribute as I write them and trust that they will eventually find an audience?

Thanks.
 
Should I allow a grace period between submissions so that each individual story has time to germinate--if so, how long between each--or do I just contribute as I write them and trust that they will eventually find an audience?

You're welcome to do it any way you like. The only thing I know of that doesn't work very well is waiting months between submitting stories.

I had a small buildup of stories when I first started publishing here. I found that it worked well to wait between stories long enough to get a feel for the readers' reaction. That means waiting through the posting delay and then 24 hours or so after publishing. That gives you a chance to (for instance) post the next story to a different category if the previous story isn't well received.
 
Ohhhhhhhh

So your contention, then, is that I wait a day or few days as opposed to the week +/- that I had initially thought might be appropriate. Okay. Thanks.
 
For several years I submitted a new one every three days. Now it's a week between submissions except for chapters, where I submit the next one after the previous one has been posted. I haven't discerned any problems/backlash from posting on those schedules.
 
So your contention, then, is that I wait a day or few days as opposed to the week +/- that I had initially thought might be appropriate. Okay. Thanks.

One factor to consider is how busy the category for the story is, and therefore how quickly the story will drop off the new story list for that category. If your chapters are ready to go I see no reason to delay if it means the previous chapter has dropped off the new story list. In a very popular category like Incest, for example, it only takes about 4 days for new stories to drop off the new story list, so to make sure your story is getting maximum exposure you should submit your new chapter as soon as the previous chapter gets published.

Of course, this advice should be taken with a grain of salt because I've been very bad about getting new chapters done and published in a timely manner.
 
Submissions

I have read several chapter stories that were never finished by the authors. Now I will only read those that indicate they are complete.
 
I think most of the readers that follow my stories are used to my intermittent posting schedule with big gaps between chapters. They're very patient with me anyhow. I guess the new stories make up for in progress older series.

I just post each chapter when it's done.
 
My question for you seasoned contributors centers on submissions. I am a pretty prolific writer, and eventually I want to get all my stuff out here at Literotica. At what point does this become overkill? Should I allow a grace period between submissions so that each individual story has time to germinate--if so, how long between each--or do I just contribute as I write them and trust that they will eventually find an audience?

Thanks.
I'd look at what standingstones does. Very prolific author and usually #3 on the Popular Incest Authors list even though he/she has very few red H's.
 
Back
Top