The Last Thing You Thought...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't belive I finally finished writing a response..... it's been two months since I've written anything of length. Now, can I write another or two? I shall see.... I hope.

I can't belive I finally finished writing a response..... it's been two months since I've written anything of length. Now, can I write another or two? I shall see.... I hope.

tumblr_lotd11p4gb1qcq2b6.gif

Damn. The most impressive thing about that was that he didn't even look at the wall before climbing it. He just knew it was there.

Jim Edmonds used to do that sort of thing in STL a lot.

Speaking of... he still has the most impressive play I've ever seen a CFer make, and it was like 15 years ago: http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=20005631&c_id=mlb

Running straight away from the plate, and diving towards the wall to catch it. Mind-boggling how difficult that is.

Yeah, that kind of bodily awareness is found often in gymnasts and figure skaters, but it's just awesome to see. The really good bull riders have it too, and make it look easy to ride those rank bulls.

Yeah, that kind of bodily awareness is found often in gymnasts and figure skaters, but it's just awesome to see. The really good bull riders have it too, and make it look easy to ride those rank bulls.

It's just one of those things.. when you see someone you know you could never do, it blows you away. We're all working with the same parts, but somehow they just have amazing control and timing over theirs.

It's just one of those things.. when you see someone you know you could never do, it blows you away. We're all working with the same parts, but somehow they just have amazing control and timing over theirs.

Well, in Cricket, you get some spectacular catches as well, like as shown here

Well, in Cricket, you get some spectacular catches as well, like as shown here

Man.. the only thing I know about Cricket is that I don't know shit about Cricket.

But those are some insane catches. Bare-handed too, which is just nuts.
Some really interesting hats on some of them!

Man.. the only thing I know about Cricket is that I don't know shit about Cricket.

But those are some insane catches. Bare-handed too, which is just nuts.
Some really interesting hats on some of them!

Those are ok-ish. Its the catches in closer positions that are even more impressive. Lightning reflexes plucking a fast moving ball out of the air. Also, a cricket ball is slight smaller than a baseball, but it is harder too.

There are some more here. The first three are fine examples of what are really good catches, plus the one at about 1:40 is even better, because if the fielder put his foot over the boundary after catching the ball, the batsman would not only still be in, the batter would have got 6 runs as well [ highest amount that can be scored of a single hit, without special circumstances ].

Hats, helmets, turbans (for the Sikh players), caps... if it works, they wear it. :)

Those are ok-ish. Its the catches in closer positions that are even more impressive. Lightning reflexes plucking a fast moving ball out of the air. Also, a cricket ball is slight smaller than a baseball, but it is harder too.

There are some more here. The first three are fine examples of what are really good catches, plus the one at about 1:40 is even better, because if the fielder put his foot over the boundary after catching the ball, the batsman would not only still be in, the batter would have got 6 runs as well [ highest amount that can be scored of a single hit, without special circumstances ].

Hats, helmets, turbans (for the Sikh players), caps... if it works, they wear it. :)

Haha.. hearing people talk about Cricket makes me think aliens saw baseball once, then went back to their home planet and tried to explain it to other people, and this is what they came up with.

The tumblr I found it on says its in sync with the average heart rate, and most people hear the "whump" of landing- which is actually you hearing your pulse in your ears.

I'm trying to figure out if it's legit.
Because once again I find myself holding my breath while doing it.

Why the hell do I do that at the dumbest times?

I must be weird, because I was feeling my pulse while I watched it. Uh. No. It didn't work for me like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back