Isolated Blurt Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I hear "Do a Barrel Roll" I think of a Calvin and Hobbs comic from 1991.
CalvinHobbsBarrelRoll.jpg

But everyone else seems to think of the video game Starfox 64, six years later, and that saddens me :(

I need a guard dog.

This evening, again, our two dog bowls have been stolen.

It usually happens on a Friday night/Saturday morning after midnight. Today, between 6pm and 7.30pm someone removed the bowls, which were frozen solid, and left one in the middle of the road about 50 yards away.

It has been run over by a car and is smashed. The other one is nowhere to be seen although ice from inside it is about 150 yards away.

We have had dog bowls outside our house for about 5 years because we are on a major dog-walking route. We used to have stainless steel ones. I had to retrieve those from the beach, the sea when the tide went out, and between the beach huts. Sometimes they were returned by early morning dog walkers. But they vanished completely about 3 months ago so we replaced them with plastic ones. Now one is smashed and the other has gone.

There is a council CCTV camera covering the area but 'nothing was seen' or 'it is too expensive to review the footage'.

We have two more stainless steel dog bowls. Do I put them out tomorrow morning and hope? Or do I give up?

We're not the only sufferers. There is another dog watering house about 250 yards away. They too have their dog bowls stolen.

Any suggestions?

It usually happens on a Friday night/Saturday morning after midnight. Today, between 6pm and 7.30pm someone removed the bowls, which were frozen solid, and left one in the middle of the road about 50 yards away.

It has been run over by a car and is smashed. The other one is nowhere to be seen although ice from inside it is about 150 yards away.

We have had dog bowls outside our house for about 5 years because we are on a major dog-walking route. We used to have stainless steel ones. I had to retrieve those from the beach, the sea when the tide went out, and between the beach huts. Sometimes they were returned by early morning dog walkers. But they vanished completely about 3 months ago so we replaced them with plastic ones. Now one is smashed and the other has gone.

There is a council CCTV camera covering the area but 'nothing was seen' or 'it is too expensive to review the footage'.

We have two more stainless steel dog bowls. Do I put them out tomorrow morning and hope? Or do I give up?

We're not the only sufferers. There is another dog watering house about 250 yards away. They too have their dog bowls stolen.

Any suggestions?

How about using the top part of a cement birdbath? Fill it with a few pitchers of water. Whatever you do, don't give up. Those neighborhood pranksters will grow up soon and move away.

How about using the top part of a cement birdbath? Fill it with a few pitchers of water. Whatever you do, don't give up. Those neighborhood pranksters will grow up soon and move away.

That sounds like a good idea. But the "pranksters will not grow up soon". If they are who I think they are, they're in their 30s.

Any suggestions?

If you know a welder, have him weld the bowels to a steel rod and concrete it in the ground. Then hope the fools come along and kick it.

If you know a welder, have him weld the bowels to a steel rod and concrete it in the ground. Then hope the fools come along and kick it.

It might be an idea, but if the people who do it are who I think they are, I'd be guilty of injuring the afflicted...

Their carers would probably arrange for an injury claim lawyer.

I have others that are even better but they have nothing to do with dog bowls. :devil:

I just bet you do. ;) :devil:

It might be an idea, but if the people who do it are who I think they are, I'd be guilty of injuring the afflicted...

You could post a sign (cemented into the ground - of course)

Beware of Kicking the Sign

or

Kick at Your Own Risk

I don't know the law over there but here, if the bowls are on my property and you come on my property to get to the bowls and injury yourself then you are trespassing and the law is on my side.

Just make sure the bowls are on your side of the line.

I don't know the law over there but here, if the bowls are on my property and you come on my property to get to the bowls and injury yourself then you are trespassing and the law is on my side.

Just make sure the bowls are on your side of the line.

If someone has a legitimate reason to be on my property e.g. delivering mail, and they are injured, they can sue me. My house insurance covers me against that, both for my defence costs and any damages they might be awarded.

I would have to prove that they were entering my property, not for a legitimate reason, but to steal the dog bowls. If I could catch them, then I wouldn't have the problem. I'd sue them in the small claims court for the cost of replacements. That wouldn't be much money but bad publicity for them (and their incompetent so-called professional carers, if my suspicions are correct).

Speaking of thievery and petty acts against mankind, I think I forgot to return my lady friend's ring. I borrowed it (unbeknownst to her) to sketch out some surrealist artistic idea I had for a family made entirely of peridot gems. I think it might be her wedding ring, seeing as she came to me earlier, distraught and complaining about losing her wedding ring.

I really ought to give it back whenever she's not looking. But it's a pretty ring, and my art isn't done. Shame on me?

Speaking of thievery and petty acts against mankind, I think I forgot to return my lady friend's ring. I borrowed it (unbeknownst to her) to sketch out some surrealist artistic idea I had for a family made entirely of peridot gems. I think it might be her wedding ring, seeing as she came to me earlier, distraught and complaining about losing her wedding ring.

I really ought to give it back whenever she's not looking. But it's a pretty ring, and my art isn't done. Shame on me?

Yes..

I consider myself to be a man of good taste. But I'm not above humping Zsa Zsa Gabor's amputated leg, if I happened upon it in a Stuckey's Men's room.

Thank you...for everything...
You are an amazing human being...and a wonderful man...

:heart: 10 :heart:

It's about time!

I'm checking out some new cocktail mixes to try this Friday night - it's my night to get wasted since I finally have NOTHING to do Saturday morning so I can nurse the pending hangover. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back