Walking in sunshine or lurking in shadows?

When people ask how I fill my days, I'll often include 'writing smut' in the list. But I'm not sure that too many believe me. :)
 
One foot out of the closet.

My wife knows and has read some early stuff. She read my first submission but keeps saying she wants to read the last two. However... when someone keeps talking and doesn't take action. I know her head's not really there. But she does support the time I spend.

I'm retired so when people ask what I do to fill the time I mention writing, but the convo seldom goes any further.

My adult daughter (28) found out I was writing and phoned demanding to read them. Maybe we could write together she said. I told her it was adult stuff and she tore a strip off me telling me she was old enough even though I warned her several times.

She got as far as "big honking cock" in Demon Blood and all I heard was an ewwwww! Never heard another word. :eek:
 
I'm sure half the people I tell when I when I openly admit to writing erotica don't believe me (in part because I do like answering questions like that with a straight face and a long leg pull).

"What do you do in your spare time?" Is just an excellent excuse to pull someones leg and see if you can convince them you really are an elephant salesman.
 
Reasonably open. My wife knows about my hobby, and has read (and enjoyed) my stuff, as have a couple of our friends. I've shown some of my tamer pieces (or edited/sanitized versions) to other family members who know I write and inquired about what sort of stuff, and weren't interested in the poetry. One or two people at my job are aware that I write things, but they don't know who I am here.

One does not simply broadcast one's writing for the Incest/Taboo category to the general public, at least not around where I live. :D
 
So, I'm thinking I'm the only one whose grandmother reads their stuff.

Maybe. My grandmothers have both passed, so it's not much of a question. Had they read them, one would have shaken her head in a very Presbyterian way. The other would have sat me down, corrected my English, and tried to get me to write something different.

You know, I may be the age of your grandmother, and many of us even older.
 
So, I'm thinking I'm the only one whose grandmother reads their stuff.

I think you have a very good chance of that holding up under scrutiny MB. I think that some of us might be willing to read our grand-baby's stories if given the opportunity though :eek:
 
I think you have a very good chance of that holding up under scrutiny MB. I think that some of us might be willing to read our grand-baby's stories if given the opportunity though :eek:

I thought it was only fair to let her read My Fall and Rise after I put her in it.
 
I thought it was only fair to let her read My Fall and Rise after I put her in it.

You are a rebel and a trend setter MB. By this time next year I predict that stories in the Mature category featuring randy Grandma’s is gonna be a thing. By the way dibs on the name Randy Grandma’s for my speed metal band... :rose:
 
You are a rebel and a trend setter MB. By this time next year I predict that stories in the Mature category featuring randy Grandma’s is gonna be a thing. By the way dibs on the name Randy Grandma’s for my speed metal band... :rose:

Back in the early 70's in Vegas, there was a nude female band called, "The Raunchy Grandma's."

As for an answer to the thread question, if you don't want to know, don't ask. At my age, who cares. :D
 
Last edited:
So, I'm thinking I'm the only one whose grandmother reads their stuff.

I'm not so sure about my grandmother, but I think my mother would have read it. She and her boyfriend wrote stories and self published a book.

She was a school teacher and would probably kick my ass after over grammar and punctuation. Gone now unfortunately :(
 
So, I'm thinking I'm the only one whose grandmother reads their stuff.

Sadly, there is no one from my grandparents' or parents' generations left. But my sister reads my stuff. She assures me that she closes her eyes for the dirty bits. :)
 
One grandmother was a proofreader, forty years in the typographers's union. I shudder to think what she would say of my orthography and everything else.
 
Ok! Ok! I know that y'all are getting Janus Fatigue Syndrom (JFS)--yes it's a thing look it up--but I have a question that I am very curious about.

Do you write erotic fiction out in the open and with the support of loved ones (or liked, liked is ok too) or

Are you relegated to writing in secret because of your desire, or actual need, to keep your hobby off the radar?

For the record, I am NOT talking about your anonymity here. I'm curious about your situation IRL.

It's funny but when I was a reader here, it was private time for me. I was a member for years and never ventured into the forums at all. It was under a membership associated with my real life. Changes in my marriage and a new vow of no secrets led to closing that account and opening this one. Now I'm writing and my wife is very much aware of my presence here. To the point of editing and adding her perspectives to our memoirs that'll be posted.

She even asked for and set up her own account. She's loving it and I'm loving reading some of her posts. Who knows? She may end up writing stories of her own.
 
My wife knows, says she isn't interested in reading my stuff or editing it. She's told a friend that I 'write porn' and I've told another friend that I 'write erotica' for a free site.

So I assume that within a small circle of friends it's know that 'Greg writes porn'. But I've never actually told anyone my screen name or what site I post to.

I'll often write while she's in the same room and don't make any attempt to hide it. But since I've hit a really dry spell with only one story finished in 2018, I can't say that I write a lot. Mostly just ideas that I key into my 'story ideas' document, or a few lines here and there on stories that I've been working on.
 
Mostly in the dark, with one brightly illuminated corner.

Some of my local friends know I write smut. I was recently in the YouEssAy and openly told details of my Lit world to some relatives. But not to my mum; she's already horrified that I don't eat gluten ;)
 
Last edited:
My husband got me started on Literotica by persuading me to start writing seriously and trying it out on a larger audience than just him. He’d only been an anonymous reader on Literotica until then but now he leaves comments on my stories. He loves them all. Purrr.

Aside from that, totally in the dark. I don’t tell anyone or talk to anyone about writing on Literotica although I go to writing workshops and do sessions with writing buddies from my workshops but I keep the erotica out of that pretty much completely.
 
I'd like to do some humble-bragging with my ex-wife; she did some writing of her own once. The problem is that after our kids reached adulthood she completely stonewalled / ghosted me. (Post-divorce she was usually moderately amiable depending on circumstances.)

I have used versions of her in a couple of stories. I probably wouldn't have her read those - well, maybe I would, just to tweak her a bit.
 
[This content has been removed due to a copyright violation.]
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I have been a writer for decades now, and everyone knows it. I am open about writing romance - everyone in my family got to read The Minister Takes a Break, for instance. However, I keep my erotic writing mostly under wraps, except for a few friends who I know enjoy reading it.
Once I retire, I expect I will be more open. For now, though, I have found that people make (often unpleasant) assumptions about women who write erotica, and I prefer to live without that drama or those expectations.
 
Back
Top