Movie Quotes

logophile

Verbose
Joined
Aug 7, 2004
Posts
7,368
Hi!

Eric Shawn and I have been toying with the idea of starting a thread for movie quotes for quite a while. As a logophile, everything really is about the words for me. A movie (or song) for that matter can be terribly produced, with mediocre actors and almost no budget but if the words are good it will inevitable fall onto my list of favorites.

So, share your favorite movie lines here. I'm always up for quoting It's a Wonderful Life, Love Actually, Beautiful Girls and many more but I want everyone to share their favorites from any movie!

I'll start:

George Bailey: This rabble that you're talking about, they do most of the living and paying and working and dying in this town.
 
Lolo!? Where'd you go? Doing something productive?

"That'll be the day." Ethan, The Searchers. ;)
 
eric shawn listo said:
Lolo!? Where'd you go? Doing something productive?

"That'll be the day." Ethan, The Searchers. ;)

I think she went to do the pre-school shuffle. ;)

Lancelot: There is a large number of lonely men out there.
Guinevere: Don't worry; I won't let them rape you.

VA
 
"To be or not to be, that is the question" Hamlet, Hamlet, 1948, 1969, 1990, 1996, 2000

Sorry, couldn't resist. :rolleyes:
 
Marsellus: Yeah, we cool. Two things. Don't tell nobody about this. This shit is between me, you, and Mr. Soon-to-be-living-the-rest-of-his-short-ass-life-in-agonizing-pain-rapist here. It ain't nobody else's business. Two: you leave town tonight, right now. And when you're gone, you stay gone, or you be gone. You lost all your L.A. privileges. Deal?
 
"What's that?... Aye. I'll tell him father.... The good lord says he can get me out of this mess, but he's pretty sure you're fucked. Bahahaha!!!" Steven - Braveheart
 
Dennis: Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.



Cleric: And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
 
Dale Arden : Flash, I love you! But we only have 14 hours to save the Earth!
 
Josey:That thing, that moment. When you kiss someone and everything around you becomes hazy and the only thing in focus is you and this person; and you realize that that person is the only person that you're supposed to kiss for the rest of your life.


Never Been Kissed
 
"My, she was Yar..."

Catherine Hepburn, The Philadelphia Story
 
Lester Burnham (American Beauty): Look at me. Jerking off in the shower. This will be the highlight of my day.
 
"Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die." - The Princess Bride
 
'course it's bigamy. It's big of all of us. Why can't we be big, for a change?

Him, in that film.
 
Marcus Vindictus: What bait must I use to catch your love? I am your servant.
Empress Nympho: Ah, but the servant waits, while the master baits.

History of the World: Part One
 
"Y'know, I spend a lotta time on my hair...and he hits it...he hits my hair!" Tony, Saturday Night Fever.
 
“Beware lad, beware!"
“What, the one-legged man?"
“Aye, but also, beware running with scissors or any other pointy object! It's all good fun, until someone loses an eye!" - Billy Bones and Jim


Muppets Treasure Island
 
"Remember Sully? I promised to kill you last? I lied." Ahnie in Commando.

"It's not my planet, monkeyboy!" John Lithgow in Buckaroo Banzai.

"I'm pondering the immortal words of Socrates who said, 'I drank what?'" Val Kilmer in Real Genius.
 
Dr. Evil: You're not quite evil enough. You're semi-evil. You're quasi-evil. You're the margarine of evil. You're the Diet Coke of evil, just one calorie, not evil enough.


Austin Powers, the spy who shagged me :)
 
A couple from City of Angels

Seth: I would rather have had one breath of her hair, one kiss from her mouth, one touch of her hand, than eternity without it. One.

Seth: Some things are true whether you believe in them or not.
 
"Are you talkin' to me...Are you TALKIN' to me...Are you talkin' to ME..." Travis Bickle, Taxi Driver
 
Back
Top