Free association thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
reply to oggbashan

Zenit Photosniper (and yes, I own one).

The idea was good. The actual camera in practice? Not so brilliant.

But I can stand on the metal camera case to peer over a wall...

LOL ogg, Shame about the waste of money on the camera. Does it languish in a cupboard now?..but hey, at least you found a good use for the case!:D

I was a paper boy once when I was younger. Only on Sundays though!

Seven days a week, mine was. :( Still, it kept me in comic and book money... Back in the day, when a paperback cost 30p!

We have a jocular expression up north to explain why someone looks older than their age: "He had a hard paper round..." I'm saying nothing. :D

Seven days a week, mine was. :( Still, it kept me in comic and book money... Back in the day, when a paperback cost 30p!

We have a jocular expression up north to explain why someone looks older than their age: "He had a hard paper round..." I'm saying nothing. :D

A hard paper round? Luxury. Sheer luxury.

LOL ogg, Shame about the waste of money on the camera. Does it languish in a cupboard now?..but hey, at least you found a good use for the case!:D

It wasn't a waste of money. I can use it but I have to recognise its failings. If I adjust the lens to the available light before stalking any wildlife, I avoid the clang and the camera shake.

The lens is great. It is a fast telephoto than can take good pictures in low light with good resolution. It can be fitted with an adaptor for use with digital SLRs so it has a considerable value - more than I paid for the Photosniper itself.

The only real problem is the weight. It is far easier to take my light digital camera in a pocket than to carry the Photosniper in its heavy case.

Cardboard boxes are small children's favourite Christmas presents.

Small children in cardboard boxes are the favourite present of Grizzly bears.

"The Grizzly Bear is huge and wild;
He has devoured the infant child.
The infant child is not aware
He has been eaten by the bear." -
-- A. E. Housman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back