A Different Kind of Adventure - Looking for Interest!

Boots, (since calling you Hooker all that time (although entertaining) might get a little crude. But that's just me. Plus Boots is a cool nickname) would you be interested in taking up the shield as a paladin. I figure despite how boyish you are, the Goddess picks up on your femininity hidden inside and deems you worthy to help defend others. Your discipline and abilities in self-defence aid in her decision.

I didn't get a feel for her physical looks, beyond athletic and strong, so the following image is just an example.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/49260334@N08/5414712073/

Or, if you prefer a large sword,

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4134/5415321772_b60795b2f6_m.jpg

Most paladins I know of are human, but if you would like you can choose another race that suits it.
 
Name: Elise Turner

Age: 19

Elise is just your average teen, plain looking. She can be found lying somewhere day dreaming, she has average grades, not an A student but seems to be passing classes with no trouble, but she doesnt care. Elise is quiet and has her own little quirks which others seem strange, which means she only has a close group of friends which she sometimes socialises with.

Elise has never lived a glamorous lifestyle, working part time at a local video store had let her continue her schooling and rent out a little studio apartment next to her school. This was her first holiday she had tried to hide her excitement but couldn't help grinning whenever she thought about it. Even though she has a close group of friends she sometimes prefer to be alone and day dream.

(is it to late to join? Thread caught my attention.)

A half-elf Druid. It's a unique character that I think I can make into a generalist like your student is. You are a shape changer, who is in touch with nature.

You can use the following weapons without needing to train your character at all. Club, dagger, dart, quarterstaff, scimitar, sickle, shortspear, sling, and spear. I'm allowing you to wear ironwood armor, a wooden armor altered to give the protection of steel. You can use normal shields if you want.

You can speak to woodland creatures.

If you like this character choice, you get one of the following as your animal companion. Badger, camel, dire rat, dog, riding dog, eagle, hawk, horse (light or heavy), owl, pony, snake (small/medium/large viper), or wolf.

Since I'm considering your characters slightly higher in level, you can also choose from, Ape, Black Bear, Bison, Boar, Cheetah, Crocodile, Dire badger, Dire bat, Dire weasel, Leopard, Monitor Lizard, Snake (constrictor), Wolverine.

If someone needs to know anything about nature, you most likely know the answers, and if not you can ask the creatures living there to aid you.

You have the a ability to sooth an unfriendly animal into not attacking, as long as that animal isn't controlled by someone else. If the animal is, you reduce the ferocity of its attack and it does less damage.

You can move through any sort of undergrowth without slowing down (natural thorns, briars, overgrown areas, and similar terrain etc) and you don't take damage. You graceful thing. You also leave no tracks in nature, unless you want to do so.

Now here it the part I really like. You can change forms (small of medium creatures) without people automatically trying to hit you, but only once per day, and you can stay in that form for about 5 hours if you want. Plus, every time you change, you regain health as if you had rested for the night.

And no, you keep all your gear, it just melds into you, and when you change back into your half-elf form, you look the same as when you changed in the first place. And you can't talk whilst in animal form.

You can cast a spell on yourself, and have it also effect your animal companion.

I think that's the basics. And this won't be a 'he does this much damage' type of RP, but just knowing what you can sort of do should help.


http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs47/f/2009/190/b/d/Druid_by_Okha.jpg

Or

http://t1.***********/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRsyGSQWGwWhgLmOwIjhhfGeDPRscdk1zAmCbk_VnNzV_Nic_Nh

Or

http://tin4e.files.wordpress.com/2006/09/huntersmoon_big.jpg

As examples

Oh, and just some hints as to what your spells are like.

You can scry for people, cure wounds, create food and water, you can determine north, and cause objects to radiate light like a torch. You can detect natural and primitive traps, entangle people with vines, you can ask mice (or small animals) to deliver written messages. There are more, but you get the idea.
 
Last edited:
Luckily I'm not the stalker between us two, you got your tank or still looking?
 
I'd be perfectly willing to play a pally - goodness knows I've done it before. I'll put up a pic in a little bit.

Did you want me to be a tankadin, or ret-spec? (Hehe, is it clear I've played WoW?) The difference in my mind is sword-and-board vs. two-handed sword, really. Either way works (I kind of described her to be easy to go either way), but it'll help me choose a proper feel for her.
 
You can choose whichever of those you would prefer, Boots.

And Sanidia, that was my favourite pic too.



DeathsKnight, you are more than welcome to fill another spot. And I think once your character is done I'll call this closed and begin the IC. By then we'll have six people, and will have upgraded from a sedan to an SUV. More comfortable for road tripping anyway.
 
Name: Sherman Nord

Age: 20

Height: 6'11"

Weight: 350lbs

Physical description: Much like his name sake Sherman is known for his power, a huge frame, tempered with a high pain thresh hold and natural powerful build made him a perfect lineman. He has his father's looks with chisseled features popular among the Norweigans, the image is enhanced with his white blonde hair and ice blue eyes. Nobody knows where his size comes from though, as his parents both were much smaller as was his grand parents. Not overly muscled, yet powerfully build, being very fit he carries minimal body fat.

Bio: Sherman was born on a rainy night, not that it means anything, he just likes the sound of it. He had a normal childhood, his size did not appear until he hit the age of 10, he was asked to drop baseball and rather take up football, he did like the contact and it stuck. He ended up on the winning side of several school championships and for a start the MVP was not the Quarterback. He got draftedd into college on a football scholarship. Not a complete idiot he did good in his studies as well
 
I think you should be our typical Viking like Human Barbarian. Whether you have their raping and village burning background it up to you.

Just a few for thought,

http://media.moddb.com/images/groups/1/8/7250/Male_Barbarian.jpg <--my personal love of D3

http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/3661/1637577-585756_diablo314_super_super.jpg

Or for a more civilized one,

http://fc77.deviantart.com/images2/i/2004/03/0/9/Barbarian.jpg


Or, if humans or Orcs are not your fortay, perhaps a Goliath of sorts

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-eRFLgEgy-jc/TVwSltWyW-I/AAAAAAAACRk/9Kt1qSpk-Dg/s1600/Goliath-male.jpg

Take your pick of the large builds, but try and stick with Barbarian for some unrelenting rage action (I personally would like to see some bodies ripped apart).

Sound alright?
 
I'll take your favorite, he looks cool. Of course the muscles does make him look able to do a lot.

Also in this body he will only have warrior's cunning right? Not some well read scholar smarts?
 
You keep the skills you know from your college life.

I'll let you in on a little secret, which I was going to save until the IC began.

Each of the new bodies you inhabit have fallen in battle of some sort, or an accidental death. Their souls have already left their bodies.

So you may come across an NPC that knows you. At least they will only know you because of the body you inhabit.

The bodies themselves are still capable of supporting life thanks to a sort of instant ensoulment if you agree to take on a new life. Instant pairing is how I'm imagining it. A soul leaves and you agree and ZAP, you fill the empty vessel if you are compatable.

So, that should help you prepare. You'll have no memory of life in this new world before ensoulment, however you'll quickly learn skills your old body is used to performing. And you keep your college, modern world knowledge on cross over.
 
Nice I like the idea so that would work for me, was hoping to go all idiot and attack everything that moves against our group haha
 
You guys can start as your college students, using the little intro to get an idea of what they might be doing etc. Basically you guys are at the hotel, packing up and heading off. We'll start the IC here.
 
RIGHT!

Now that your characters are a little more familiar and they have relearned to hold their own. You can choose the next path.

1. Rattleborn is directly assaulted, and the RP remains in Rattleborn for the next part.

2. We aid a nearby city/town that is under attack, leaving Rattleborn and going mobile.

Is everyone still interested?

I haven't heard from Sanidia or Suga lately, if I don't get a reply from them within the next three or four days I might try to replace them.
 
I'm still good to go, just thought the thread had kinda gone cold.
 
Right, until I either hear back from the girls (minus Boots since she's been active so far) to see if they are still interested, we assume they are alongside us.

If I don't hear back soon, I'll look for replacements.
 
Before the pale eyes came, we have hunted this land...

Oh sorry, wrong persona ahem I prefer the 2nd option. Going mobile and leaving the fortress securely behind to spread the goddess' influence.
 
I'm Back !

Hi guys,

Sorry i havent been around but been waiting for internet to get installled and now it has only 10 minutes ago, my apologies again, is this thread still active i really wanted to continue.

Thanks

Sanidia
 
Right, I'll get a post up.

Then we'll try and keep a decent pace, just try and post twice a week if possible.
 
I will dont worry it wont be a problem :)


ive posted what i think would be an ok introduction to my character since i missed everything.
 
Last edited:
No problem. Considering your character was sent away to train, I'm going to let you call dibs on any nature sort of information. Anything about plants, animals of the land, the forests etc. Along with you current skills that is.

Seems only fair.
 
Back
Top