New faces, come say hello...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi psiberzerker!

Welcome aboard.

I think you are onto a good point, for some. Everyone has preferences but I am thinking about starting a thread about over thinking, over analyzing and over doing the technical end of BDSM.

It is an easy trap to fall into, for sure.

Have a good time and spank me when I am MissTaken!

Errr I am mistaken...

:p
 
Simple slip of the tongue, eh, MissTaken...

I think Psibezerker is right, people worry too much about some things. The only thing someone should ask is if their partner, or playmate, has any diseases to worry about or to have a safe-word.
 
psiberzerker said:
<snip> Sorry, got a little carried away there. Safe words have sufficed for me for a good long time. Anything more than that makes for a long clunky cumbersome scene. Keep it simple, people! You'll have a lot more fun with less to worry about.

Not all of us (like Me) are into the sexual focus. So there are a lot of different ways of being who you are.


Being service oriented has a different dynamic, and may have a lot more structure and ritual. To each his or her own is the motto.

I am not part of the "sexual underground".
 
New post to replace...

I am posting to replace one I removed earlier.

I am having issues like I did when I was fourteen (trying to find myself).

*sigh*

Oh, well...


For years I thought myself to be a Domme, but is there any such thing as a wishy washy Domme? Sheesh...

My brain cells seem to have left the building. LOL


Ciao,
~Creme:kiss:
 
Re: New post to replace...

Sure. Maybe you are a switch. Maybe you are a Top, and not into the full blown BDSM thing. Sometimes it takes a while to understand want we want and how to get it.

Go easy on yourself.

cremebrulee said:
I am posting to replace one I removed earlier.

I am having issues like I did when I was fourteen (trying to find myself).

*sigh*

Oh, well...


For years I thought myself to be a Domme, but is there any such thing as a wishy washy Domme? Sheesh...

My brain cells seem to have left the building. LOL


Ciao,
~Creme:kiss:
 
sci fi???? what kind of sci fi?

<- is a huge sci fi fan



psiberzerker said:
Hi, I'm Psiberzerker, "Hi Psiberzeker."
No, I'm not an alcaholic, habitual gambler, or anorexic, so you can keep your dozen steps. I'm a Bi-Sexual Dominant Masochist, and Amatuer Science Fiction writer. I've been around the block quite a few times, but never really been a member of the BDSM community.
I like to have fun, and a big part of that is spontenaety. One of my pet peeves with the mainstream sexual underground is that quite a few of them can't get down, and dirty without a fucking script. Now I understand the need for safety, and trust, but the next obsessive anal retentive playmate that presents me with a concent form for me to sign is getting a third degree burn.
Sorry, got a little carried away there. Safe words have sufficed for me for a good long time. Anything more than that makes for a long clunky cumbersome scene. Keep it simple, people! You'll have a lot more fun with less to worry about.
 
PSiPhi

I write more psychological fiction than science. I make the distinction because the former is not the latter no matter what the fuck Freud says. Psychology is more an art than science because the medium, the human mind, is too variable for quantification. A girl is raped, for example, and she may oversexualise, or becaume frigid without any predictability.
In answer to your question, I tend to go for "Hard" science fiction where there's more of the former than the latter. I'm not into ray guns, transporter beams, and aliens that can interbreed. I also like psychological writers, they tend to have better characters, and more believable stories. Frank Herbert's "Known Universe" is one of my favourites. I lived there untill I got good enough to make my own little world.
Anything by Heinlein is stellar. I kinda got put off by the bootstrapping in some of the later books. (The cat that walks through walls for example.) Jack Chalker is one of my guilty pleasures, though. He writes absolute fluff, but it's better than Gor.
What I hate are writers who try too hard. As much respect as I have for Thomas Harris, (PsyFI, not SciFI) he put way to many eggs in to the basket case of Dr. Hannible Lechter. If you ever read the damn things, he's got six fingers on one hand, purple eyes that turn like pinwheels, and a sense of smell that rivles Logan's. Far better to split all that between several characters than to have one that strains credulity.
Of course, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.
 
PIXIE~~~~~~~~

Pixie,
I LOVE YOUR EYES!!!

They remind me of someone I was absolutely obsessed with. I even wrote him a song called MAGNIFICENT OBSESSION. Your eyes are so mysterious and sexy. I am melting:devil: ;)

One of the verses was.......

I've got this Magnificent Obsession with the way you look at me, the way it makes me feel all tied up and the way that sets me free, and the color of your eyes~oh they're blue like the skies and they're green like the seas. I've got this Magnificent Obsession with the way you...look at me.


Every time I have seen those friggin awesome eyes I have thought about it, just took me a while to share.


Kisses,
~Creme:kiss:
 
novice

hi, this is pretty new to me, and I'd looking for a community so i can learn more. i guess i should tell you a little about myself so you know i'm not just playing around. though that would be fun. i'm 21 and I'd starting my first d/s relationship. i'm a female, submissive bi, me and my boyfriend live together. i'm not really sure what i'm looking for, other than a supportive community, and info, because living in the southern midwest doesn't mean you can really talk about usually socially unacceptable sexual acts in a personal sense, this really isn't something i can discuss with people who don't have an interest in it. i'm rather sexually inexperienced when it comes to having it with other people, but with my self i know a lot. i know my body very well, and have experimented alone for many years. i've been reading erotica with a d/s, bondage, role play theme's for quite some time, and recently, mainly because of the interest my boyfriend has(don't think i'm just into this for him, i get plenty out of it), i've been learning about it on a more practical level. i've been looking things up on the internet, reading books, and have yet to find anything i don't already know. safe, sane, consentual, are all things i agree with, and i don't want anyone to think that i'm just messing around. i don't know what else to say, i'm hoping not to get to scared, and continue to use this forum.

thank you
whattodo
 
Nice Pick, Pix, but I'm a little burned out on that particular selection. Part of it is the Neo Hippies that latched onto it in the late eighties, but never really Grokked it. If you haven't already, try "Friday", she's a character I absolutely love, and "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress."
Of course, just about anything with Lasarus Long in it is a blast. Oh, I like your eye too. Just enough to get my interest, yet leave off everything elsefor the imagination. With one like mine, that can be dangerous.
 
psiberzerker said:
Nice Pick, Pix, but I'm a little burned out on that particular selection. Part of it is the Neo Hippies that latched onto it in the late eighties, but never really Grokked it. If you haven't already, try "Friday", she's a character I absolutely love, and "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress."
Of course, just about anything with Lasarus Long in it is a blast. Oh, I like your eye too. Just enough to get my interest, yet leave off everything elsefor the imagination. With one like mine, that can be dangerous.


I'm a pagan LMAO *Shrugs* :rolleyes: I suppose that makes me a little hippiesh.
but I for sure Grokk it.. book made me cry! and I already read Friday. hehe
Bf says "The Moon is a Hash Mistress" is the best of Heinlein but I havent read it.
says that Lazarus is a reocuring character.

books Iv'e read by Heinlein. Red planet.. Stranger... Friday.. Podkain of Mars..Door into Summer..I think I'm missing one LOL
I'm currently reading the sword of truth serie by Terry Goodkind. BF got me started on it LMAO
wish he had warned me of how extreme it was LOL
 
Re: Heinlein...

Pixie Mischief said:
ROCKS! my fav book ever is Stranger In A Strange Land
I way prefer The Moon Is A Harsh Mistress... although The Day After Tomorrow and The Door Into Summer are both adorable "bits of fluff" (as someone described earlier.) The Door Into Summer is way more Heinlein's tribute to cats than The Cat Who Walks Through Walls, but the "science" has dated more.

There is no such thing as "hard science fiction." Wanna argue, feel free!

My favourite SF authors at the moment would have to be David Weber, Elizabeth Moon, SM Stirling, David Drake, Eric Flint, er, the list does go on a bit.
 
hed agree about the moon is a harsh mistress.. I had it but lost it. he says its the best hes read of heinlein.
Door into summer I dont even remember read it in school. its the book that got me started on the author when I was around 13
 
Favourite Heinlein

Actually, my favourite Heinlein would have to be a short story, named You Zombies (I think), about how someone with the aid of a time machine manages to be his own mother and father...
 
Re: Favourite Heinlein

FungiUg said:
Actually, my favourite Heinlein would have to be a short story, named You Zombies (I think), about how someone with the aid of a time machine manages to be his own mother and father...

I have a goal of reading everything by heinlein LOL
 
I won't argue the point about "Hard" science fiction, but I like it as firm as possible. Science isn't that "Hard" in that sence as it could be. The point I was trying to make is that I'm not a big fan of fantastic technology that strains my suspension of disbelief, or violates high school level physics.
A good example is that Morgan Freeman/Keanu Reeves cinematic atrocity. (Sorry, I don't remember the name, I only saw enough of it to realise how deluded they where.) The whole premise of their world changing technology was to seperate hydrogen from water, and burn it to produce energy. Now that sounds like a good idea untill someone with a copy of the encyclopedea galactica points out that the by product of that reaction is water. Somehow by converting water to gas, and back to water manages to gain you some energy instead of catching that elusive wild gander.
Now that was a particularly grizly example, but that kind of shit is why the average person on the street thinks that "Proxima" is the closes star to the earth. They saw it in a movie, and now it all made sense. Phag, if you're going to put "Science" in the name of something, there should be a little scientific content. You don't have to explain relativity to cousin Otis, but at least have the decency not to disinform.
 
Hi everyone--I am lancemanyon. Anyone who ever watched Cheers might recognize the moniker. I am not into BDSM, in fact I consider it a dangerous lifestyle, for both the dom and the subs.

For the subs because I believe most if not all subs have very painful experiences (abuse) in their pasts which have drawn them to this; to have their abuse relived over and over again. Often this is done subconsciously. I also believe that no good can come of this, and that in the long run it will lead to increased feelings of worthlessness and hopelessness. In my opinion a good therapist is the only way for them to heal.

I consider it dangerous for doms because I believe them to be a type of person who enjoys hurting other vulnerable persons. Often acting this out leads to escallation in the forms of rape, torture and even murder. Research shows that many of these people were also abused as children, and turned to abuse themselves as a way of relieving internal pain. When you read of doms feeling frustration if they cannot act out domination upon someone, this is what I am talking about. And I read about that here often. In my opinion they are playing with fire.

This is what I believe. I realize that does not make me a popular member here. That is fine. My purpose here is to present "the other side of the coin", to speak. And if one person seeks help because of what I have written than it will be worth it.

Love,

Lance
 
hmm

I'm not really one to speak about this since I dont know so much..

but there is a big difference between abuse and BDSM.
BDSM is not about smacking someone around because OOO you had a bad day.
If pleasing someone makes the person happy.. why judge it?? if no one is being harmed?? cant harm the willing much.
bf has sorta punished me over the phone rather funny actually..
and smacked my ass during sex before.. once anyway.. and I've used a toy on him before (he said he did it because I wanted to because it would turn me on and anytime I want to use toys on him to go right ahead) and ect.
There is no abuse nor do I want abuse. Granted my sex life is pretty tame compared to most here. But BDSM is NOT about hurting people.. Alot of it is about Trust.. if the trust is breached then the person will leave. its in the best of interest to both to follow and go with it and not push too much at once or else TRUST will be broken.
Its about giving and takin. Many Doms/Dommes love there subs VERY much. It is not about someone having someone to take it out onto.
 
lancemanyon said:
Hi everyone--I am lancemanyon. Anyone who ever watched Cheers might recognize the moniker. I am not into BDSM, in fact I consider it a dangerous lifestyle, for both the dom and the subs.

For the subs because I believe most if not all subs have very painful experiences (abuse) in their pasts which have drawn them to this; to have their abuse relived over and over again. Often this is done subconsciously. I also believe that no good can come of this, and that in the long run it will lead to increased feelings of worthlessness and hopelessness. In my opinion a good therapist is the only way for them to heal.

I consider it dangerous for doms because I believe them to be a type of person who enjoys hurting other vulnerable persons. Often acting this out leads to escallation in the forms of rape, torture and even murder. Research shows that many of these people were also abused as children, and turned to abuse themselves as a way of relieving internal pain. When you read of doms feeling frustration if they cannot act out domination upon someone, this is what I am talking about. And I read about that here often. In my opinion they are playing with fire.

This is what I believe. I realize that does not make me a popular member here. That is fine. My purpose here is to present "the other side of the coin", to speak. And if one person seeks help because of what I have written than it will be worth it.

Love,

Lance

Lance, before you can present the other side of the coin, you must know both sides. It is clear that you have a biased view of D/s and or BDSM. That is fine. YOu are entitled to your opinion. But it does not give you the right to hijack threads, and post off topic.

You have free speech, but you do not have the freedom to use passive-aggressive insults couched in phony concern.

Just as you have freedom to post, we all here have the freedom to respond to you as we see fit. Remember that.
 
Ebonyfire said:
YOu are entitled to your opinion. But it does not give you the right to hijack threads, and post off topic.

You have free speech, but you do not have the freedom to use passive-aggressive insults couched in phony concern.

Just as you have freedom to post, we all here have the freedom to respond to you as we see fit. Remember that.

I have not hijacked any threads. I have either been discussing the topic at hand, or responding to statements made by others first. I see a lot of these threads stray, but it seems that perhaps this will be the method by which I am "made to go away?"

Does the truth hurt that much?

By the way, I don't see your name on the list of moderators. Did you get promoted recently?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top