Sitting in the captain's chair of a starship, spinning in slow circles...

BiscuitHammer

The Hentenno
Joined
Aug 12, 2015
Posts
1,161
And I find myself pondering.

Do any veterans, old-timers, greybeards remember if there was ever a story category that is no longer listed? It was done away with for disuse, or amalgamated into another category, that sort of thing.

And what, pray tell, is the most recent category that has been added?

Just idle queries on my part.

*spins slowly*
 
And I find myself pondering.

Do any veterans, old-timers, greybeards remember if there was ever a story category that is no longer listed? It was done away with for disuse, or amalgamated into another category, that sort of thing.

And what, pray tell, is the most recent category that has been added?

Just idle queries on my part.

*spins slowly*

As far as I can tell the categories are the same as when I got here. No new ones added and none deleted. Ogg, would be the one to ask as he's been here since the start, which is about 6 years before my time.
 
A bit like Tx: I can't recall any changes. Maybe you should ask Laurel. She'll know. :)
 
[/QUOTE]The only deleted category I'm aware of is "Extreme", but some others appear to have been renamed.[/QUOTE]

I'll bite- what was in Extreme?
 
I'll bite- what was in Extreme?

Before my time, and looks like it's been excluded from the archives, so I'll have to leave that for the older hands to answer.
 
The only deleted category I'm aware of is "Extreme", but some others appear to have been renamed.[/QUOTE]

I'll bite- what was in Extreme?[/QUOTE]

It was not for the faint of heart.
 
The Extreme category, if it ever was part of Literotica, wasn't at the end of its run. It had its own URL that the link on Lit pointed to in the cached versions of the Lit pages I was able to locate.

It was essentially where all the stories Lit rejected for content ended up, I believe.

As best as I was able to gather, the site and all the stories hosted there went defunct overnight with no warning.
 
Via the Wayback Machine:

Categories on October 13, 1999:

https://web.archive.org/web/19991013025407/http://literotica.com:80/storyxs/storyindex.shtml

Categories on September 17, 2000:

https://web.archive.org/web/20000917172840/http://www.literotica.com:80/storyxs/storyindex.shtml/

Categories on June 12, 2002:

https://web.archive.org/web/20020612031909/http://www.literotica.com:80/storyxs/storyindex.shtml/

There's been a few additions since then, but otherwise it looks like the list has stayed stable.

.
 
If I'm not mistake, non-human may be the last category added and its been around quite awhile.
 
Erotic Horror wasn't a category when I first joined up, otherwise one of my stories would have wound up there. I also think "Incest/Taboo" was just "Incest", but I might be wrong. That's all I can think up off the top of my head. :)
 
Erotic Horror wasn't a category when I first joined up, otherwise one of my stories would have wound up there. I also think "Incest/Taboo" was just "Incest", but I might be wrong. That's all I can think up off the top of my head. :)

They may as well have left it incest because anything that goes there that isn't incest is greeted with 'what's this doing here' The real meaning of Taboo has been altered in porn since Kay Parker's movie of that name to only mean family sex in most people's eyes.
 
I really wouldn't know. Neither Laurel or Manu have returned any of my calls addressing more basic, legal matters - so I no longer bother asking them nor the mods anything these days about anything. Don't know about anyone else, but for me it's a lost cause.

However, it does appear there were some additions between 1999-2003. There's a significantly high spike in gay/lesbian stories since about 2004 that doesn't seem to have leveled out. The rape stuff (which I'm not really into as well as not interested in the gay/lesbian stories) seems to have been shifted around a bit the last 15 or so years. Maybe they're keeping up w/the times?

I'm assuming there's been a spike in non-erotic material as well as poetry. Not sure. I most definitely agree w/most there's been a tremendous rise in incest stories.

Overall, in my opinion, there seems to be less quality material in erotic stories - though there's some really good stuff no matter what year they were posted. Search engines seem varied and inconsistent.
 
Back
Top