Justice League: The New Wave (OOC - Interest Check)

I just told one of my roommates, "The Titans are fighting The Justice League!" in the same excited voice with which Mouse from "The Matrix" told everyone "Morpheus is fightin' Neo!"

Vic, ICYMI, Tim also fired a bunch of bladed bat-stars at Damien as he's flying down from where Rebel threw him into the air.

I just told one of my roommates, "The Titans are fighting The Justice League!" in the same excited voice with which Mouse from "The Matrix" told everyone "Morpheus is fightin' Neo!"

Vic, ICYMI, Tim also fired a bunch of bladed bat-stars at Damien as he's flying down from where Rebel threw him into the air.

Got it

Tag to the second verse, same as the first!

Ruby has just Dialed H-E-R-O. Which means she's going to turn into some random superhero or superheroine with random powers. But rather than my picking them and getting basically whatever power I want whenever I want, I would like you guys to pick.

You can either name a super power or powerset, or name a superhero(ine), and I will either pick an existing hero with that power, or become that named hero, or come up with a Captain Ersatz that has that power or is inspired by that named hero.

Hopefully that's not too dense an explanation.

Bonus points for giving me awkward or unexpected powers or characters, stuff that forces me to think on my feet, this is meant to be a challenge!

(Though I would love the occasional dramatically-timed epic Hero, this should be a last-ditch thing, like we'll never survive unless I get something conventionally useful. A very rare occurrence.)

Extra bonus points for giving me a Legion of Superheroes member or Ben 10 alien that fits the above criteria. :D

Thanks, guys!

As tempting as Quantum Queen is, in more ways than one, I do like to hold myself to the first option in response to the prompt-- unless I'm doing a mash-up.

Condo's powers also seem like they'd be more of a challenge, as QQ's powers are crazy amped and CK's would need more finesse, so I'm going with that one.

Thank you, Wyld!

As tempting as Quantum Queen is, in more ways than one, I do like to hold myself to the first option in response to the prompt-- unless I'm doing a mash-up.

Condo's powers also seem like they'd be more of a challenge, as QQ's powers are crazy amped and CK's would need more finesse, so I'm going with that one.

Thank you, Wyld!

You welcome😀

Question Chas, since I know little about Grunge. How exact is his mimickery of others powers? Is he now an exact replica of Braggock, or are there limits?

Question Chas, since I know little about Grunge. How exact is his mimickery of others powers? Is he now an exact replica of Braggock, or are there limits?

Grunge can absorb other people's powers, but in this version of things that's a new aspect of his abilities so he's not as trained in it as other uses of the ability. He's better at absorbing energy that's thrown at him and throwing it back-- even though he's not technically worthy of a Green Lantern Ring, he can use the stuff and substance of the GL energy because he's able to manipulate its elementary plasmic quanta --or copying substances he touches into his body, becoming those substances.

Right now, I'm thinking he's just copied the physical substance of Braggock's body, the obsidian and the stone and the crystal, onto himself. But he might not necessarily have the full range of Braggock's powers... like I don't think he would have the pyrokinesis.

Is that fair?

Grunge can absorb other people's powers, but in this version of things that's a new aspect of his abilities so he's not as trained in it as other uses of the ability. He's better at absorbing energy that's thrown at him and throwing it back-- even though he's not technically worthy of a Green Lantern Ring, he can use the stuff and substance of the GL energy because he's able to manipulate its elementary plasmic quanta --or copying substances he touches into his body, becoming those substances.

Right now, I'm thinking he's just copied the physical substance of Braggock's body, the obsidian and the stone and the crystal, onto himself. But he might not necessarily have the full range of Braggock's powers... like I don't think he would have the pyrokinesis.

Is that fair?

That was what I was wanting to know, yes, thankee ma'am.

To answer Braggock's question, I have a back-up plan to catch Ruby, but I wanted to leave it open in case any of the PCs wanted to save her.

If no-one does it by tonight (and if I have time) I'll go with my version, but y'know.

To answer Braggock's question, I have a back-up plan to catch Ruby, but I wanted to leave it open in case any of the PCs wanted to save her.

If no-one does it by tonight (and if I have time) I'll go with my version, but y'know.

I've been binge watching this season of Supergirl (catching up) and After watching the show, and reading the thread, it just seemed to me that Braggock would wonder why all these people who saved other people would rather fight than help. It seemed like the authentic thing. I'm so in love with Kara. And So in lust with Alex! Good GOD that ass....anyway...sorry. NOt normal for me to go there.

Hey, you don't need to apologize for finding attractive people attractive!

I have crushes on that whole cast to varying degrees!

It's not why I watch, but it's damn sure not a deterrent!

Re:Challengers

Re: Var - Was Kyle's comment directed at Superman or Blue? I assume he was giving Blue the stink eye again?

Re: Vic - What's your plans?

Re: Chas - Are we picking up Thea's character next? That's a rescue in outter space?

Re: Var - Was Kyle's comment directed at Superman or Blue? I assume he was giving Blue the stink eye again?

Technically for Superman 'john'.

Although from the way he spoke, either, both, or all three individuals (other than him) in the room could be having it directed at them.

Stink eye.. yes and no. More.. irritated that Doctor Jamie has endangered her own life to heal him. As kyle does not know ho9w she did what she did, and she wasn't using pills or medications, then she had to be using the power of her own life energy to save Blue. which may jeopardize Doc Jamies life.

Re: Vic - What's your plans?

Re: Chas - Are we picking up Thea's character next? That's a rescue in outter space?

I honestly didn' have any realy plans. Jon is pretty out of it. He's at a point where he doesn't know if he's dreaming or awake.

Ghost Freak

Ahaha, oh, man, that would be a good one-- and a fascinating one to play out in the current scenario--

--but Ruby already Dialed up Chemical King of The LSH only for Zatanna to Reverse-Dial her.

Right now she's on cooldown again.

Ahaha, oh, man, that would be a good one-- and a fascinating one to play out in the current scenario--

--but Ruby already Dialed up Chemical King of The LSH only for Zatanna to Reverse-Dial her.

Right now she's on cooldown again.

I think Z needs taken out. Too Deus ex machina..... Thinking it is time to pop her jaw.....

I think Z needs taken out. Too Deus ex machina..... Thinking it is time to pop her jaw.....

She is kind of a nuisance, isn't she? A real fly in the ointment. Of course, not many countermeasures can keep something like The Rider on its back foot, so Zee must be a crucial part of The Titans' strategy.

Being able to reverse-Dial Ruby is just bonus, keep that wild card off the table.

I was thinking Rae could slap a patch of soulselfstuff over her mouth, but whatever works!

Depending on what happens with Velocity, I can have her grab some Duct tape and wrap her mouth up real quick LOL

Back