The AH Recipe Book

Minestrone for One

Soup1

Minestrone
(serves 1)

½ onion
1 celery stick
1 carrot
1 garlic clove
Fry Light
230g can chopped tomatoes
1pt/568ml beef stock made with Bovril
1oz/28g macaroni
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Freshly chopped basil

1. Chop the onion, celery and carrot
and crush the garlic.

2. Fry the onion, celery, carrot and garlic
in a little Fry Light for 10 minutes until softened.

3. Add the tomatoes, stock and macaroni. Cover and
simmer for 20-25 minutes.

4. Season to taste and stir in the chopped
basil before serving.
 
Okay. So a Pyrex or ceramic round cake pan would be okay in the microwave? Most of mine are metal, but I want to try. :)

Pyrex or ceramic is good. NEVER use metal in a microwave but you knew that.

Og
 
Shanghainese Chicken Rice

I take the chickens (in fact I take two) and season them as suggested, and instead of boiling them, put them in a crock pot for 10 hours.

INGREDIENTS
• 1 (4 pound) whole chicken
• 3 cloves garlic
• 2 (1 inch) pieces fresh ginger root, peeled
• 2 green onions
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 2 tablespoons sesame oil

• 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
• 1 tablespoon sesame oil
• 2 shallots, finely chopped
• 5 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 (1 inch) piece fresh ginger root, peeled and chopped
• 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
• 4 cups chicken stock
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 3 cups long grain rice, rinsed and drained

• cilantro sprigs
• sliced green onion
• 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
• 2 fresh tomatoes, chopped

DIRECTIONS

1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Crush 3 cloves of garlic and 2 pieces of ginger, and place them into the cavity of the chicken. Tie the green onions into a knot, and place them into the chicken along with 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Carefully submerge the chicken breast side down into the water.
2. Bring to a boil, then cover and remove from heat. Let stand covered for 40 minutes, turning the chicken over half way through.
3. While the chicken is cooking, heat the vegetable oil and 1 tablespoon of sesame oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Fry the shallots, ginger, and garlic in the oil until fragrant. Add cilantro and rice, and cook, stirring until toasted. Pour in chicken stock and season with salt. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer until rice is tender and 'steam holes' appear in the surface of the rice, about 20 minutes.
4. When the chicken is done cooking, remove it from the pot, and place under cold running water to tighten the skin. Rub the outside with sesame oil, and chop into pieces. Place pieces on a serving platter, and garnish with cilantro, green onion, cucumber and tomato. Serve with rice.
 
Spanakopita

Adapted from Molly Katzen's New Moosewood Cookbook

Ingredients:
½ c olive oil
2 c onion, minced
¼ tsp salt
1 tsp basil
1 tsp oregano
2½ pounds fresh spinach, cleaned and de-stemmed
5 cloves garlic, minced
3 T flour
1 pound feta cheese, crumbled
1 c ricotta or cottage cheese
1 T black pepper
1 pound filo pastry leaves


  1. Pour 4 oz. good red wine into the cook.
  2. Preheat oven to 375ºF.
  3. Sauté onion, salt, basil, and oregano in 2 T oil for 5 minutes.
  4. Add spinach and cook over high heat for at least 5 minutes, until spinach becomes limp.
  5. Turn down to medium, stir in garlic and flour, and cook for another 2 or 3 minutes.
  6. Remove from heat and stir in the cheese and pepper. Taste and add more salt and pepper as desired.
  7. Lay out a sheet of filo in the baking dish (it will overlap the sides). Brush with oil, lay another on top, brush with oil, and repeat for a total of 8 sheets.
  8. Spread half of the spinach mixture over the dough. Lay out another 8 sheets of filo as above. Spread the rest of the spinach on top, then lay out the rest of the filo.
  9. Brush the top with oil and tuck the filo sheets into the pan.
  10. Bake uncovered for 45 minutes, until golden-brown and crispy.

Yield 8 servings

Time 1½ hours

Tools
  • large saucepan or Dutch oven
  • wooden spoon
  • 9x13-inch baking pan, oiled
  • pastry brush
 
Pyrex or ceramic is good. NEVER use metal in a microwave but you knew that.

Og

Thanks! Here's one of my favorite cakes:

Tres Leche Cake

For the cake:

Vegetable oil

6 3/4 ounces cake flour (by weight), plus extra for pan
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
4 ounces unsalted butter, room temperature
8 ounces sugar
5 whole eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract

For the glaze:

1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1 cup half-and-half
For the topping:
2 cups heavy cream
8 ounces sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

For the cake:

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly oil and flour a 13 by 9-inch metal pan and set aside.
Whisk together the cake flour, baking powder and salt in a medium mixing bowl and set aside.
Place the butter into the bowl of a stand mixer. Using the paddle attachment, beat on medium speed until fluffy, approximately 1 minute. Decrease the speed to low and with the mixer still running, gradually add the sugar over 1 minute. Stop to scrape down the sides of the bowl, if necessary. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, and mix to thoroughly combine. Add the vanilla extract and mix to combine. Add the flour mixture to the batter in 3 batches and mix just until combined. Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and spread evenly. This will appear to be a very small amount of batter. Bake on the middle rack of the oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until the cake is lightly golden and reaches an internal temperature of 200 degrees F.

Remove the cake pan to a cooling rack and allow to cool for 30 minutes. Poke the top of the cake all over with a skewer or fork. Allow the cake to cool completely and then prepare the glaze.

For the glaze:

Whisk together the evaporated milk, sweetened condensed milk and the half-and-half in a 1-quart measuring cup. Once combined, pour the glaze over the cake. Refrigerate the cake overnight.

Topping:

Place the heavy cream, sugar and vanilla into the bowl of a stand mixer. Using the whisk attachment, whisk together on low until stiff peaks are formed. Change to medium speed and whisk until thick. Spread the topping over the cake and allow to chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
 
Spanakopita

[*]Pour 4 oz. good red wine into the cook. (hee...hee)

Here's some of my favorite Greek recipes.

Tzatziki

Ingredients:

1 container (16 ounces) plain lowfat yogurt
1/2 English (seedless) cucumber, not peeled, seeded and finely chopped plus a few thin slices
1/1-2 teaspoons salt
1 to 2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint or dill plus additional sprigs
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon red wine vinegar
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper

Instructions:
Spoon yogurt into sieve lined with cheesecloth or coffee filter set over bowl; cover and refrigerate overnight. Transfer drained yogurt to medium bowl and discard liquid.
Meanwhile, in colander set over bowl, toss chopped cucumber with 1 teaspoon salt. Let drain at least 1 hour at room temperature, or cover and refrigerate up to 8 hours. In batches, wrap chopped cucumber in kitchen towel and squeeze to remove as much liquid as possible. Pat dry with paper towels, then add to bowl with yogurt.
With flat side of chef's knife, mash garlic to a paste with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Add garlic, chopped mint, oil, vinegar, and pepper to yogurt and stir to combine. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 or up to 4 hours. Serve chilled or at room temperature, topped with cucumber slices and mint sprigs.
Yield: about 1-1/2 cups

I dip it with this. It's a version of Naan, but the yogurt in the bread make these a perfect pairing:

NAAN FOR BREADMAKER

Bread:

Wet:

1/2 cup water
2 Tbsp butter
3/4 cups yogurt

Dry:

3 cups flour
1/2 Tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt

Create a well in the flour and then add:

1/2 Tbsp yeast

Topping: 4 Tbsp melted butter, 1 clove of garlic, thyme, salt.

Use dough cycle on machine. Remove dough from machine and divide into 8 parts. Preheat oven to 500. Roll each part into a small circle (about 8″ diameter) and place on greased pizza or other baking pan. I use a silicon pad on a cookie sheet.

Spoon melted butter mixture onto the top of each and then brush out evenly. I use a silicon basting brush, easier to clean and less oogy than bristled pastry brushes.

After I’ve brushed in the butter I’ll add a grind or two from a pepper mill to the top of each Naan.

Not particularly traditional, maybe, but yummy as hell.

Bake for 9-12 minutes (usually closer to 9…watch closely so the butter doesn’t scorch)

More dipping yumminess:

HUMMUS

You can use a food processor if you like the texture creamy. I like the rustic texture of the mortar and pestle, it was served to Jim and I that way at a Greek restaurant once and I was hooked. I also don’t include tahini, add it if you’d like, but tahini can be hard to find in the store and this is a relatively quick and cheap recipe, tahini starts to make it fussy, so I leave it out. To replace the sesame taste I just toss in some sesame oil.

INGREDIENTS:
• 1 can garbanzo beans/chick peas
• 1/4 cup olive oil
• 1 tsp sesame oil
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 1 tsp garlic
• Fresh thyme leaves to taste

PREPARATION:
Warm up the olive oil to medium. Add garlic, thyme, salt and pepper to create an infused oil. Mash cooled oil, lemon juice and beans in a mortar and pestle or blend in a food processor.

Store in an airtight container for up to three days.
 
This is one my son and I love. The spicier and hotter, the better it is.

Louisiana Seafood Gumbo

Ingredients:
1lb. fresh mussels
1lb. shrimp (prawns)in the shell
I cooked crab about 2lbs.
small bunch of parsley, leaves chopped and stalks reserved
2/3 cup oil
1 cup flour
1 green (bell) pepper
1 large onion chopped
2 celery stalks sliced
3 garlic cloves finely chopped
3 oz. hot Italian sausage skinned and sliced
1 1/2 cups long grain rice (white or Basmati)
6 spring onions (scallions) shredded
cayenne pepper to taste
Tabasco or your favourite hot sauce to taste
salt
Preparation:
Wash mussels and remove"beards". Put 1 cup water in a large pot and add mussels. Cover tightly and cook on high heat for 3 minutes, shaking frequently. Remove mussels as they open and discard any that don't open. Save all liquid from them and return it to the pot.
Add water to bring it up to 8 cups of liquid.
Peel shrimp and set aside, put shells in pot.
Remove all white and brown meat from crab and put shell in pot with 2tsp. of salt
Bring the stock to a boil, removing froth from the surface. Add parsley stalks and simmer for 15 min. cool the stalk and strain into a measuring cup, making up the difference with water to bring it to 8 cups of liquid again.
Using a skillet, heat oil and add flour, on medium heat with a wooden spoon or whisk until roux reaches a golden brown. Do not let roux blacken. Immediately add, pepper, celery onion, and garlic and continue cooking for 3 min. until onion is soft, then stir in sausage meat. Reheat stock
Stir in brown crab meat into the roux and vegetables, then ladle in a little stock at a time and make sure it is smooth. Add roux mixture to stock and blend well. Bring to a low boil.
Cook the rice in plenty of lightly salted water until grains are tender.
Add the shrimp, mussels, white crab meat and spring onions to the stock and bring to a boil. Add cayenne pepper and hot sauce and salt to taste. Add parsley leaves and simmer for a minute, then ladle gumbo over rice in bowls and serve.
For garnish tips, save some whole shrimp to place on top of gumbo.
 
These are traditional Choctaw recipes that I still make occasionally:

Pumpkin & Corn Soup

2 cans creamed corn
3 cups cooked pumpkin, mashed
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin or ground sage
3-1/2 cups chicken broth

Combine all ingredients in a large heavy pot . Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, then lower heat to a simmer. Stir frequently for 10 minutes and spoon into serving bowls. Top with 1 teaspoon sour cream per serving and sprinkle with pine nuts, if desired.

Roast Squash with Applesauce


2 large or 3 medium winter squash, like butternut
2 cups applesauce, jarred or homemade
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon brown sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut squash in half, lengthwise; brush with a little oil, salt and pepper. Place the halves, cut side down, on a shallow-sided large baking pan. Bake for 45 minutes or longer (until tender). Let cool enough to handle. Remove pulp into a bowl with a large metal spoon; use a grapefruit spoon for tight spots. Puree with applesauce, sugar and cinnamon.

Smothered Venison

1 lb. venison steak, cut 1/2 inch thick
2 c. plus 3 tbsp. flour
1/4 c. cooking oil
Garlic salt
1 lg. onion, sliced
Salt & pepper to taste

Tenderize venison and cut into serving pieces. Dip meat into flour and brown in hot oil in cast iron skillet. Remove meat when browned. Stir 3 tablespoons flour into oil and gradually add 2 cups milk. Cook until thick, then add seasonings and browned steak. Place onion slices on top of steak. Gravy should cover steak and onions. Cover and bake at 250 to 300 degrees for 2 hours. 4 servings.

Fresh Pork & Corn Dumplings

3 lbs. fresh pork backbone (any pork will do, really)
1 sm. hot red pepper
1 tsp. sage
1 1/2 tsp. salt
2 c. cornmeal
1/4 c. flour
1 tsp. baking powder

Place pork in large kettle, add 2 quarts water, red pepper, sage and 1 teaspoon salt. Cover and bring to boil then simmer for approximately 3 hours or until pork is tender. Remove pork from kettle and reserve liquid in kettle, keeping it hot. Brown pork in a 350 degree oven. Combine the cornmeal, flour, remaining slat and baking powder then stir in 1 cup boiling water and 1 cup of reserved liquid. Form into egg-sized dumplings and drop into remaining hot liquid in kettle. Cover and simmer for 45 minutes.
 
Smothered venison? Gee, I just happen to have deer pieces in the freezer. Thanx, Cloudy, I'll give that a try this weekend.
 
Ahhh so many of those sound good.

Let's see here.

Breakfast for me in work.

You need a dozen Eggs, half a ring of Anduilie, a pinch of Garlic Powder and a double handfull of grated cheese.

Thin slice the Anduillie then chop the thin slices. Drop this into a large skillet and fry. While the sausage fries break the eggs into a large bowl, add the Garlic and whisk until the eggs are all broken and everything is well mixed. When the sausage is done pour the eggs into the skillet and scramble with the sausage until hard. Let coll slightly and seperate into three containers. Top with the grated cheese. Freeze.

These can be reheated in work in a microwave until the eggs are hot and the cheese is melted.

Camping Omelets:

These are good for when you are camping out of a car. You set them up before the trip and keep them in a cooler.

Have everyone in the group choose their fillings be they peppers, ham etc. Have them chopped small.

For each person have a ziploc bag for each breakfast.

Into each bag break two or three eggs. Add the fillings. Work as much air out of the bag as you can then seal. Once the bags are sealed break the yolks and mix everything around. Put the bags in a cooler.

In the morning put a pot of water on to boil. When the ater is boiling add the still sealed bags and let them boil for at least five minutes. (It usually takes closer to fifteen minutes.) When the mix is hard remove from the water, open the bags and roll the contents out onto a plate. Enjoy.

Cat
 
Super Roast Beef Sandwich

Ingredients:
For each person;

1 Onion Roll
1/4 pound thin sliced rare Roast Beef
2 slices Swiss Cheese
2 slices Provolone Cheese
Thin sliced Onion
Sweet and spicy BBQ Sauce. (I like Sweet Baby Ray's original)

Cut the roll
Put down one slice of Swiss
layer slice by slice 1/2 of the Roast Beef
put down the Provolone
add the onion
add some BBQ Sauce
Layer in the rest of the Roast Beef
Add some more BBQ Sauce
Add the rest of the Swiss Cheese
Put on the top of the roll

Heat in the microwave long enough to start the cheese melting.

Enjoy.

Cat
 
Baked Ziti

INGREDIENTS
1 pound dry ziti pasta
1 onion, chopped
1 pound lean ground beef
2 (26 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce
6 ounces provolone cheese, sliced
1 1/2 cups sour cream
6 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese

DIRECTIONS
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add ziti pasta, and cook until al dente, about 8 minutes; drain.

In a large skillet, brown onion and ground beef over medium heat. Add spaghetti sauce, and simmer 15 minutes.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter a 9x13 inch baking dish. Layer as follows: 1/2 of the ziti, Provolone cheese, sour cream, 1/2 sauce mixture, remaining ziti, mozzarella cheese and remaining sauce mixture. Top with grated Parmesan cheese.

Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until cheeses are melted.
 
Cats steaks

Go to your local butcher and special order some New York Strips. Have them cut at least two inches thick. Trim the fat off.

In a blender toss a couple of cloves of Garlic, half an Onion, a Tablespoon or two of Olive Oil, a pinch of Sea Salt and three or four Chipotle Peppers. Blend until fairly smooth.

Cover the steaks with this mix and cover. Pop in the fridge for at least a couple of hours. (I like to let them sit for roughly 24 hours.)

Grill over high heat for five minutes on the forst side and four minutes on the second side. (For medium Rare)

Enjoy.

Cat
 
Grilled Cheez and Onion Sandwich

2 pieces white bread
3 tablespoons butter, divided
1 slice cheez
sliced onions

DIRECTIONS
Preheat skillet over medium heat. Generously butter one side of a piece of bread. Place bread butter-side-down onto skillet bottom and add Cheez and onions. Butter a second piece of bread on one side and place butter-side-up on top of sandwich. Grill until lightly browned and flip over; continue grilling until bread is toasty.
 
Last edited:
Tequila Party Mix

1 Gallon Jar w/lid & spout
1 Bag Crushed Ice
Half dozen each:
Lemons, Limes, Ruby Red Grapefruit,
Tangerines (Clementines are better),
Oranges
Peel & slice fruit, saving all juice
Layer Ice and Fruit into jar until full
Pour in 40 oz. Jose Cuervo Gold Tequila
Screw lid on tightly
Turn upside down every 15 min. for 1 hr.
Set Jar on its side and pour out your
drink.
 
This is survival or camping food.

Spam in a can.

Open a can of Spam and dump it in a piece into a somewhat larger can.

For each loaf of Spam add two eggs, a handfull of green onions or an entire Onion quartered. Toss in some water and a few dashes of Hot Sauce or a handfull of Hot Peppers. Add a sectioned Potatoe and whatever other Veggies you happen to have.

Set on the side of a fire to cook slowly.

Sounds disgusting but it's actually pretty good,

Cat
 
Pork Rib BBQ Sauce

(good for two racks of ribs)

I cup Premium quality ketchup
6 shakes of worchestershire sauce
1/3 cup pure light maple syrup
4 dashes of hot sauce
1 tsp. yellow mustard
1 tsp. ground black pepper

Mix well and let sit in fridge while ribs are boiling.
Baste meat side well and slow cook on BBQ for 10-15 minutes, until sauce is baked dry. Let sit 10 min. and serve.

Sweet n' Hot Rib Sauce

1/2 cup Golden liquid Honey
1/2 cup pure light Maple Syrup
2 tsps Cayenne pepper
2 tsps. minced garlic
1 tsp. Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp. malt vinegar
4 dashes hot sauce
chill and use same directions as above. Same yield as well.
 
Bourbon Chicken

1 cup Bourbon (or Southern Comfort if you only have the good stuff)
1 cup Soy sauce
1/2 brown sugar
3 tablespoons garlic powder (or 3 minced cloves)
2 tablespoons ground ginger
1 tablespoon honey
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts cubed

Mix everything but the chicken in a big bowl. Stir until the sugar dissolves. Add the chicken and let marinate for a few hours. Fry the chicken cubes in a pan with a tablespoon olive oil and good toss of garlic and ginger. Heat the sauce to a low boil then take off heat and spoon over the frying chicken to make a glaze. It'll darken and thicken and you'll know when its done cause its almost black but not quite.

Serve with rice and stir fry veggies, spooning whatever sauce is left over the whole thing.

Bourbon and caramel ice cream for dessert.
 
Pumpkin Cookies

(yields 1 dozen)

3 cups dry cookie dough mix
1/2 cup Pumpkin puree
2 tsps. fresh ground nutmeg
1 tsp. Fresh ground cinnimon stick
2 tblsp. dark brown sugar (or Demera sugar)

Mix well in a bowl.
Place sheet of baking paper on baking sheet
Place tsp. spoon fulls of mix on sheet and space apart
for spreading of dough during baking
Cook at 400 for 15-20 minutes,
Cookies are ready to eat after 10 minutes of cooling time.
 
What is dry cookie dough mix? Is it just a pre-made mix of sugar, flour, baking soda/powder, egg powder, and shortening? Where do I find such an item?

Thanks!

Pumpkin Cookies

(yields 1 dozen)

3 cups dry cookie dough mix
1/2 cup Pumpkin puree
2 tsps. fresh ground nutmeg
1 tsp. Fresh ground cinnimon stick
2 tblsp. dark brown sugar (or Demera sugar)

Mix well in a bowl.
Place sheet of baking paper on baking sheet
Place tsp. spoon fulls of mix on sheet and space apart
for spreading of dough during baking
Cook at 400 for 15-20 minutes,
Cookies are ready to eat after 10 minutes of cooling time.
 
What is dry cookie dough mix? Is it just a pre-made mix of sugar, flour, baking soda/powder, egg powder, and shortening? Where do I find such an item?

Thanks!

Not sure where you live Hon, but we have bulk food stores that sell dry mixes and ingredients of all kinds. I get all my flours for baking breads, grains, rices, pastas, sugars, spices, and so on. I buy most of my food in there and cook from scratch. I NEVER buy pre-packed or prepared foods. Cooking tends to be a passionate thing with me, I add lots of love in what I cook. Preparing and sharing that meal with someone makes it even better. I always had a feeling I was a Saucier in another life. I found it takes a certain knack and feel for getting sauces right.
 
One of favourite movie munching treats

Tortillas and melted cheese

On a large baking sheet, lightly coat it with a good
vegetable oil.
Spread white and blue corn tortilla chips over pan
Grate extra old cheddar and Monterrey Jack cheeses over the chips
Dice a tomato into small pieces and sprinkle evenly
Slice and quarter half a Spanish onion and spread pieces evenly
Sprinkle dried roasted garlic and red pepper mix over entire sheet.

Bake in oven at 350 until cheese melts and coats chips, 5-7 minutes
Remove from oven and let cool until cheese is hardening, but not dry. Eat from the pan, or divide onto plates.
 
Roasted Portabello Mushroom w/Goat Cheese and Balsamic Reduction

(serving for 2)

2 portabello mushrooms (large)
2 cups softened Goat Cheese
1/4 cup Pine Nuts (roasted is better)
2 cups Balsamic vinegar

Roast mushrooms in oven at 350 for 15-20 minutes

Put vinegar in saucepan and heat over med-low heat until
it thickens to a syrup consistency. This turns the vinegar sweet.

Blend Goat Cheese and Pine Nuts together and separate to two halves and shape into balls.

Place roasted mushrooms on small plate and place cheese balls on top. Drizzle reduction over each and serve.
 
Pumpkin Cookies

(yields 1 dozen)

3 cups dry cookie dough mix
1/2 cup Pumpkin puree
2 tsps. fresh ground nutmeg
1 tsp. Fresh ground cinnimon stick
2 tblsp. dark brown sugar (or Demera sugar)

Mix well in a bowl.
Place sheet of baking paper on baking sheet
Place tsp. spoon fulls of mix on sheet and space apart
for spreading of dough during baking
Cook at 400 for 15-20 minutes,
Cookies are ready to eat after 10 minutes of cooling time.

I NEVER buy pre-packed or prepared foods.

So you've never made this recipe? Since I don't do much pre-packaged stuff either, I'm pretty lost to what that is. I was really hoping someone would maybe post a tried and true pumpkin cookie and cheesecake recipe. After carefully selecting my 'pumpkin' (different varieties of squash actually make better pumpkin than pumpkin, though I never tell my secret!) and pureeing it, I tend to be a snobby parent as to just what ingredients get to cohabitate with my 'baby'! :D

:rose:
 
So you've never made this recipe? Since I don't do much pre-packaged stuff either, I'm pretty lost to what that is. I was really hoping someone would maybe post a tried and true pumpkin cookie and cheesecake recipe. After carefully selecting my 'pumpkin' (different varieties of squash actually make better pumpkin than pumpkin, though I never tell my secret!) and pureeing it, I tend to be a snobby parent as to just what ingredients get to cohabitate with my 'baby'! :D

:rose:

I've used this recipe, but substituted peanut butter for the puree and added the cinnimon and nutmeg. Pre-packaged food is anything is prepared and packaged for heating in microwaves or ovens. You're not going to share your recipe for Pumpkin Puree? How can we convince you to share with us?
 
Back
Top