What's for dinner?

loquere

Smile!
Joined
May 19, 2011
Posts
35,204
Simple question, what's for dinner?

Not breakfast or lunch.... DINNER!


RECIPES


Eggplant parm and cold shrimp with Key Lime Pie.

I don't see that I've shared this so...

Unbreaded Eggplant Parm

Preheat oven to 400. Peel a medium eggplant and slice in one inch thick rounds. Brush both sides with a good extra virgin olive oil and saute in a skillet for five minutes over medium heat on each side. Spray a glass pie plate with cooking spray and put a layer of a half cup of seasoned tomato sauce. Place the eggplant in then coat with another half cup of tomato sauce. Sprinkle with parmesan then a cup of shredded whole milk mozzarella. Bake for fifteen minutes.

Simple Tomato Sauce

Combine one eight ounce can of unsalted tomato sauce with 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, a pinch of sugar, 1 teaspoon of basil and 1/2 teaspoon each garlic powder and oregano.

It's actually better the second day.




Homemade cobb salad

Iceburg lettuce, scallions, red bell pepper, grape tomatoes, chopped hard boiled egg and cooked bacon, blue cheese dressing.

Blue cheese dip and dressing

1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup sour cream
3 ounces crumbled blue cheese
1/2 tabespoon cider viinegar
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon each white pepper and garlic powder (Not garlic salt)

Mix thoroughly.

This is a .make just before you use it recipe, it seems to get runny in the fridge overnight.


South African Peri-Peri Chicken
This is similar to the one I use, which is South African Peri-Peri Chicken. They got it from Portugal via Mozambique (which used to be a portugese colony and a lot of portugese from there moved to South Africa).

There's a South African chain called Nando's - there website is here - and you can buy their Peri-Peri sauce online. Free shipping for more than 6 bottles. That's where I get mine, coz it's just the best! We ate at a Nando's a few times in South Africa and I loved their food. They've started to expand here but only in 4 states so far. More in Canada. And quite a few world wide now.

Chicken-wings-and-snacks-300x225.jpg


INGREDIENTS
2 large cloves garlic, crushed
2 teaspoons honey
2 tablespoons soya sauce
2 tablespoons chili sauce or Tabasco sauce
½ teaspoon ground ginger
½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 packs (approximately 1 pound each) chicken wings

INSTRUCTIONS
Mix the garlic, honey, soya and chili sauces, ginger and pepper together in a zip lock bag.
Add the wings to the marinade and seal the bag. Mix together to coat the wings and refrigerate for 2-24 hours.
Arrange the wings in a large casserole dish so that they are not tightly packed together. Bake, uncovered, for 60-70 minutes at 350˚F until brown and tender.
Serve hot.
 
Last edited:
What about lupper ... or brunch? I think you're confining us too much but :rolleyes: okay...

Chicken thighs baked in a maple dijon sauce and roasted asparagus.
 
I'd ask, but we just had lunch, and she might bite my head off.
 
In that scenario neither one of you would need to worry about dinner.

Or maybe, channeling Alfred Hitchcock, when I asked that question, she'd beat me to death with the leg of lamb she was defrosting for dinner that she'll now be feeding to a pair of homicide detectives.
 
Or maybe, channeling Alfred Hitchcock, when I asked that question, she'd beat me to death with the leg of lamb she was defrosting for dinner that she'll now be feeding to a pair of homicide detectives.

"Lamb to the Slaughter " is a short story by Roald Dahl.
 
Steak and veggies.

But more importantly, if one is of a certain place it is breakfast, dinner and supper.

And in my summertime upbringing with extended family, dinner was a thing.
 
ill check bacl later, yall are no help with my delimna abt "whats for dinner?"
 
Dinner? Damn, it's already dinner?

Probably something that comes from a pouch and can be heated up in under three minutes. It's one of those days...
 
Dinner? Damn, it's already dinner?

Probably something that comes from a pouch and can be heated up in under three minutes. It's one of those days...

'comes from a pouch and can be heated up in under three minutes'? Are we talking wacky baccy here, Mer? :)
 
Denny

We weren't hungry so just had a can of chicken noodle soup and fruit for dinner.

Later we're having meatloaf, potatos and gravey for supper!
 
Haha, that movie is an awesome blast from the past!

I'd never heard of it before. Watched it over pizza and just about choked at the ending. That was hilarious. Not eating mexican for a while. I'll have trouble not thinking of poor Raoul.
 
Back
Top