Intern is mistaken

All that is true, but still doesn't answer the question: What is IR?

Oh, I thought enough people had explained that it was Interracial that my lack of correcting them answered it. IR=IR.

I think the Interracial thing would be hard to do simply because silicon valley is almost all white. Maybe an asian or indian, but that is not what IR typically covers.

The buyer need not be from Silicon Valley if the fact that blacks programming is too difficult for you to swallow. Someone who has investors or the like might just have the money to invest and not really know the first thing about the technical aspect of the business.

This is of course why I ask when it's someone else's idea. No point in even considering putting work in for someone else if their first response is going to be they don't like it.
 
I think the Interracial thing would be hard to do simply because silicon valley is almost all white. Maybe an asian or indian, but that is not what IR typically covers.

And that's why I use the MULTIRACIAL tag in my tales involving varied ethnicities -- and the world is NOT simply black+white+brown+red. As I mentioned above, INTERRACIAL is the code word here for (generic) black-on-white, maybe the blacker and whiter, the better, but with little regards for subtle ethnic variety. Ojibways, Hopis, Huichols and Mayans (all featured in my current or upcoming tales) are NOT interchangeable as "Native Americans" and Irish, Danes, Basques, Magyars and Greeks are not interchangeable as 'Whites'.

But I digress. IR in SV isn't totally unreal -- the BBC could be a stereotype-breaking software engineer, or a financier or outside manager or consultant.
 
Last edited:
Oh, I thought enough people had explained that it was Interracial that my lack of correcting them answered it. IR=IR.

Thank you for clarifying.

And no, your lack of correcting people does not constitute endorsement for their interpretation. The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence, and so on. You might have posted just before taking a two week vacation.
 
Hmm. Nice premise for a reluctance story, well done. If I did this then the intern would probably go through some soft core bondage and teasing before coming around, probably in the form of a screaming orgasm that in some way reveals her to the rest of the office party tied down with silk scarves and a leg spreader.
If you don't get any takers by September then bump the thread to remind me.

Belinda

Here we are, almost September and this is still at the bottom of my to-do list. Sadly, it just doesn't get my muse wet enough to keep me up at night, so I'm dropping it off the list.

I still think its a good idea, so this is a bump to try to attract another author.
 
This idea was so hot to me. I hope somebody picks it up and runs with it.

Why don't YOU write it? It's easy. Let it play out in your mind's eye as a video you're watching, and blog it. Your story need only be a series of blog entries of the events unfolding before your eyes.
 
Back
Top