What happened to all of the doom and gloom economic threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are an ass. The biggest ass on Lit. Find someone else to annoy with your constant whining and and poor me I'm a GOP mentality.

It's obvious who the GOP cares for and it's not the American worker. Guilded Age Part Deux..Can't wait to see what they do next.

It still amazes me that they get a good portion of their base to vote against their own self interest when they trot out this sort of thing. One would think that there would be open rebellion within the ranks of their supporters when they do something so blatantly in favor of big business.

But then, I think the problem is that Joe and Mary actually believe that one day they'll move out of that southern Alabama trailer park and into their very own McMansion. Just as soon as Mary hits the big time with Amway. Then they'll be benefitting from the screws being put to the workers on behalf of business.

In Texas , there is a town called New Braunfels , where there is a large German-speaking population.

One day, a local rancher driving down a country road noticed a man using his hand to drink water from the rancher's stock pond.

The rancher rolled down the window, and shouted, "Sehr angenehm! Trink das wasser nicht. Die kuhen haben dahin gesheissen."

Which means: ("Glad to meet you! Don't drink the water. The cows have crapped in it." )

The man shouted back, "I'm from New York , and just down here campaigning for Obama's health care plan. I can't understand you. Please speak in English."

The rancher replied, "Use both hands. You'll get more."

It still amazes me that they get a good portion of their base to vote against their own self interest when they trot out this sort of thing. One would think that there would be open rebellion within the ranks of their supporters when they do something so blatantly in favor of big business.

But then, I think the problem is that Joe and Mary actually believe that one day they'll move out of that southern Alabama trailer park and into their very own McMansion. Just as soon as Mary hits the big time with Amway. Then they'll be benefitting from the screws being out to the workers on behalf of business.

They've been brainwashed to believe the left is the cause of all their problems.

maybe, maybe not

but you're a stupid fuck

Is that so? Not surprising you finally say that after what you did. And you wonder why I think you're an ass. Geeze. Go talk to your misogynist bff's. They enjoy what you say.

show me

I got all day

I'll wait:rolleyes:

Sure. But I'm about to use numbers so it might piss you off.

- Family of four, parents age 32, nobody smokes. The family makes $50,000, $209% of poverty level. They want a Silver Plan with good coverage and will be buying off an exchange.

- Kaiser puts their estimated premium in 2014 at $10,974.

- The family is then eligible for a 70% government subsidy and therefore pays only $3,314 per year or $276 per month.

- The figures I'm using are already in the 2014 environment so the increase should already be in there but for the sake of argument let's say it's not and run the numbers with an $80 per month increase. That would be $24 per month more after the subsidy (but it wont be). That would be about an 8% increase on what they actually pay which is similar to the annual rate increase prior to the ACA. This is a one-time increase though and after that any further increases would be reduced by 70%.

- The family can also buy a Bronze plan and pay only $1,436 per year or $119 per month.

Last edited:
Sure. But I'm about to use numbers so it might piss you off.

- Family of four, parents age 32, nobody smokes. The family makes $50,000, $209% of poverty level. They want a Silver Plan with good coverage and will be buying off an exchange.

- Kaiser puts their estimated premium in 2014 at $10,974.

- The family is then eligible for a 70% government subsidy and therefore pays only $3,314 per year or $276 per month.

- The figures I'm using are already in the 2014 environment so the increase should already be in there but for the sake of argument let's say it's not and run the numbers with an $80 per month increase. That would be $24 per month more after the subsidy (but it wont be). That would be about an 8% increase on what they actually pay which is similar to the annual rate increase prior to the ACA. This is a one-time increase though and after that any further increases would be reduced by 70%.

- The family can also buy a Bronze plan and pay only $1,436 per year or $119 per month.

compared to what?

SHE IS A NUT JOB!

Pelosi: Obamacare “Largely Responsible” For Bringing Down The Deficit…

She’s insane, the deficit hasn’t decreased, it’s closing in on $17 trillion. Update: Stretch is talking about the yearly spending deficit, still an absurd claim considering Obamacare hasn’t gone into effect.

Via The Hill:

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said Monday that President Obama’s landmark healthcare reform law is helping to bring down the deficit.

“Many of the initiatives that he passed are what are coming to bear now, including the Affordable Care Act,” Pelosi said in an interview with MSNBC’s Chris Hayes. “The Affordable Care Act is bringing the cost of health care in our country down in both the public and private sector. And that is what is largely responsible for the deficit coming down.”

The CBO reported last week that the federal budget deficit declined in the first seven months of fiscal year 2013 compared to 2012.

Pelosi’s comments come as the administration begins to roll out their healthcare reforms amid controversy and pushback from GOP lawmakers who have vowed to undo the law.

Republicans and Democrats have sparred over the effect of the healthcare reform law on the nation’s budget, with GOP lawmakers warning it will increase the deficit.

She’s insane, the deficit hasn’t decreased, it’s closing in on $17 trillion. Update: Stretch is talking about the yearly spending deficit, still an absurd claim considering Obamacare hasn’t gone into effect.

1. The deficit HAS decreased.
2. The deficit is not the same thing as the debt.

Government will take that revenue and spend even more, creating even higher deficits.

There's already a lot more revenue due to tax increases and it's causing the deficit to plunge. Did the government go out and spend it?

creating MORE DUMOH voters

McDonald's workers aren't the only ones earning a low wage -- so are people in jobs made possibly by federal government funds.

McDonald's workers aren't the only ones earning a low wage -- so are people in jobs made possible by federal government funds.

The federal government is better at creating low-paying jobs than Wal-Mart and McDonald's combined, according to a new report.

A study released earlier this month from the public policy group Demos states that through various forms of government funding in the private sector, nearly two million people are making $12 an hour or less. The number of workers at Wal-Mart and McDonald's together at $12 an hour or less is currently around 1.5 million, according to the report.

"The sheer number of those workers making so little is surprising," said Amy Traub, a senior policy analyst at Demos and co-author of the study.

"We assume people working on behalf of America would be making more, but that's not the case," Traub said. "And many of these people are making less than $12 an hour."

The report says that when tax dollars underwrite bad jobs, the economy as a whole is weakened.

"People at these levels of income have to go on food stamps or other forms of government assistance and this just compounds the problem," Traub argued. "They're not making a living wage and the economy suffers."

Federal contracting to the private sector has grown over the years, doubling between 1990 and 2009, though it has decreased slightly since 2010, according to the Demos survey.

we know what will happen if they DONT contribute

DON’T LET THIS SHAKEDOWN GET LOST IN THE SCANDAL OVERLOAD: Lamar Alexander: Sebelius fundraising ‘arguably an even bigger issue’ than Iran-Contra. “One issue is if she’s raising money from the people she regulates. But I’m more concerned about her using private funding and private organizations to do what Congress has refused to do. I and other members of congress are going to ask GAO to look into the extent she’s coordinating with Enroll America or other organizations.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back