Should Trump get the Nobel Peace Prize?

Can he haz de Prize?

• Yes.

Votes: 10 22.2%
  • No.

Votes: 35 77.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Kim just canceled tomorrow's meet with Park and threatened to cancel the Tromp meet.

No reconciliation. No peace, no prize.

Sad.

Kim just canceled tomorrow's meet with Park and threatened to cancel the Tromp meet.

Sad.

Kim will be back to the table. His mountain collapsed, his people are starving, and China has read him the riot act. At this point, he's not left with many viable options.

Kim will be back to the table.

Is that a prophecy?

It's not a no peace, no prize situation. There is no Nobel Prize for Participation. They don't award it for being President when peace (Allegedly) breaks out. The Nobel committee doesn't even convene until September. He has not been Nominated. His Cronies on Fox and Friends can NOT, under any circumstances, nominate him.

Fake News, Sad.

He's not going to win an Academy Award for Avengers: Infinity War, either. That's not how this works, that's not how any of this works.

Last edited:
Do you think Trump realises that he is being played?

He had to deal with organized crime in working at home and with corrupt governments in foreign countries.
I think he knows the ways of thugs better than a lot of people here, who simply want him impeached and do nothing but incessantly carp on him.
Hell, maybe that's even why he knew how to dispatch Secretary Clinton.

Sad.

All that's left is the military destruction of the North Korean military and its nuclear capability.:rolleyes:

Is that a prophecy?

It's not a no peace, no prize situation. There is no Nobel Prize for Participation. They don't award it for being President when peace (Allegedly) breaks out. The Nobel committee doesn't even convene until September. He has not been Nominated. His Cronies on Fox and Friends can NOT, under any circumstances, nominate him.

Fake News, Sad.

He's not going to win an Academy Award for Avengers: Infinity War, either. That's not how this works, that's not how any of this works.

Hey, welcome back to the conversation.

I have no idea what will eventually happen but I predicted something like this would occur. Kim is not a "rational actor" and so far has had powerful friends in his corner. But, I believe his friends aren't as interested in helping him as they used to be so this latest snit probably isn't going very far. Look for a partial reversal on the Singapore meeting where Kim says he'll attend IF ________ (insert X thing that Kim wants here).

This is probably because the US didn't reciprocate in return for the release of the 2 men last week. Kim probably expected some concession or gift or something and didn't get it.

Hey, welcome back to the conversation.

I have no idea what will eventually happen but I predicted something like this would occur. Kim is not a "rational actor" and so far has had powerful friends in his corner. But, I believe his friends aren't as interested in helping him as they used to be so this latest snit probably isn't going very far. Look for a partial reversal on the Singapore meeting where Kim says he'll attend IF ________ (insert X thing that Kim wants here).

This is probably because the US didn't reciprocate in return for the release of the 2 men last week. Kim probably expected some concession or gift or something and didn't get it.
Trump should have sent him a box of steaks.

Trump should have sent him a box of steaks.

I'd have sent him the whole cow of Kobe beef, still moo-ing, with a note:

"Thanks for letting the prisoners go. Here, go have a cow."

Okay, but on the same point, Goldboy hasn't been a rational actor in this transpacific pissing match, either. So far, he's dared him to nuke Guam, made sideways racial slurs alluding to dick size, then turned around to take credit for it when other people de-escalated the situation, because he happened to be in the room at the time.

That's not promoting peace, and there's no participation prize from the Nobel committee. He's not winning a Pulitzer Prize in Journalism for his tweets, either. He has done nothing but promote Nuclear War, hug a Korean boy, and pat himself on the back so far.

And again, he can't even be nominated until September.

Let me see the lasting peace, and then they can start handing out medals. He's campaigning for President in a midterm year too. He's not going to be winning that either.

Okay, but on the same point, Goldboy hasn't been a rational actor in this transpacific pissing match, either. So far, he's dared him to nuke Guam, made sideways racial slurs alluding to dick size, then turned around to take credit for it when other people de-escalated the situation, because he happened to be in the room at the time.

That's not promoting peace, and there's no participation prize from the Nobel committee. He's not winning a Pulitzer Prize in Journalism for his tweets, either. He has done nothing but promote Nuclear War, hug a Korean boy, and pat himself on the back so far.

And again, he can't even be nominated until September.

Let me see the lasting peace, and then they can start handing out medals. He's campaigning for President in a midterm year too. He's not going to be winning that either.

It almost sounds like you WANT him to fail and for NK to nuke something just so you can point your finger and say "I told you so."

What's interesting is that Trump sounds nutzo but if you look at everything he's doing, it actually IS rational.

If I want to make a deal buying a car, I don't start off with the price I want to pay. I start with something much lower and wait for the dealer's response. Which is 10% above his advertised price for the car because he knows how this game is played too.

From there, we work our way to the middle where the dealer gets less than he wants and I get to pay the price I wanted to pay in the first place. Or we both walk away.

Trump wants NK to de-nuke. He makes idiotic sounding initial offerings and waits for Kim to respond. Kim replies by saying he'll blow the world to kingdom come. Trump makes more idiotic sounding offers but add a carrot or two. Kim says, "Hmmm, tasty carrot. But I'm still gonna blow SK off the map." Another carrot and Kim is now, "ok, let's talk."

It sounds crazy, but that's actually the way deals are made in the business world. It's NOT the way treaties are usually made in the world of International POLITICS. But, since the regular way of doing things wasn't working, why not try something different?

Remember, Kim is not a rational actor. You can't deal with him as if he were a rational actor. To get a deal you have to do something different.

It almost sounds like you WANT him to fail and for NK to nuke something just so you can point your finger and say "I told you so."

That's funny because that's exactly what everyone who was contra to Obama wanted to happen with him!

tenor.gif

That's funny because that's exactly what everyone who was contra to Obama wanted to happen with him!

I thought Obama's policies short sighted, underhanded, and without much merit in the way of peace, liberty, or societal advancement. That said, I didn't want someone to nuke the world in order to make him look bad. I don't think you can find anyone sane who did.

I'd hold off on the Nobel Prize. Trump may still have to nuke North Korea.:D

It sounds crazy, but...

No, it's just crazy. Daring a petulant child to "Do it," and calling him names never brokers peace. Only, instead of an internet discussion, it's two petulant children, one with nukes, and the other jealous of said nukes.

No, it doesn't seem like I want the pacific nuked. It doesn't sound crazy, they're both madmen, and you seem to think one of them is your friend, with nukes.

The mosquitoes voted for the swamp to be drained. That's it. No amount of circular logic is going to make him a genius, and you less of a fool for believing him.

As a matter of fact, I'll believe your expertise on negotiation just as soon as you demonstrate any capability of doing anything but escalate a discussion into a namecalling fight.

Last edited:
It's not chicken, it's Global Thermonuclear War.

The only winning move is not to play.

God-some-people-are-gullible bump.

Edit: somebody beat me to the bump, but the gullible part eternally stands.

Back