cannot edit profile or log out

Lol... not to mention y'all have the same birthday! But, when you get past 100 posts you can have AVs and Profile pics, too. Welcome to Lit.

As if yours being 3 days from the typical newcomers is anything to be proud of ;)

Didn't know that second bit, thanks for the welcome and tip. :D
 
https://memegenerator.net/img/images/600x600/72082723/feelssuppressedman.jpg

Kind of is a big deal, all yall have display pics and descriptions in your profile, all while the rest of us plebs have an empty shell of an account. The only thing that sets us peons apart is our signatures lol :D

I also think it's a big deal for people who have personally identifying information on there profile that they would like to remove. Pictures can still be edited, but the words cannot.
 
It's been going on since Aug/Sept when there was a big change. They are updating Lit, and this minor issue is going to addressed in the next change that is coming. It's a big site. There's no sense fixing something that will be addressed later on any way.

You can update you member profile and put a link in your signature block, or simply put the information in the signature block.

I agree BFG that the issue is minor if you mean it's a single link on the User Control Panel and I'm glad that you personally feel it's minor relative to your Lit experience.

I hope you're not only right that it will be fixed but that you've heard that directly from Manu or Laurel since they've completely ingored questions about the issue for months.

You are wrong that there's no sense in fixing the issue in some manner. If we can't change it they should simply stop displaying the information as a bare minimum. Additionally they could redirect the link to the signature block and encourage what you propose (and others have done).

The complete lack of information about when the issue might be fixed is what I find galling. If they don't have the time to answer the questions a single stickied post would solve the problem.

I have enjoyed Lit for many years. It's a very unique place even on the vastness of the Internet. But I don't enjoy being ignored because I don't directly produce revenue. I'm sorry they delayed making any updates to the site until they were forced to in order to continue operating effectively. We shouldn't have to suffer for their short-sightedness. And after the countless hours spent taking, posting and commenting on pictures on a part of the site that clearly boosts the other parts of the sight it would be nice if they treated us like human beings and not an annoyance.

Rant over. I'll check back again next quarter.

Cheers

P.S. Longtime no chat BFG.
 
it would be nice....

.... if we could change our profile details but I don't think people should get too worked up over the problem.

This Forum interface is the same as used by some other forums so I guess the fault may lie outside Literotica's control.
 
it would be nice....
.... if we could change our profile details but I don't think people should get too worked up over the problem.

This Forum interface is the same as used by some other forums so I guess the fault may lie outside Literotica's control.

It would be nice. Especially since we used to be able to before a major "improvement" update. I don't think that many people are worked up over it. Some don't care at all. Other's see it as just an inconvenience. A few desperately want to change their data. I'm clearly among the frustrated.

Regardless, it's not the software platfrom. It worked. They made a change and asked if anything was broken. The problem was reported. They even posted about deactivating the old link. Posted on 11 Sep 2017. So it's been nearly 4 months now and that last post was the last the site management made about the forum profile issue.

I almost want to start.a betting pool thread to guess the date the issue is finally fixed but instead I'll just keep rewriting my profile so I'm ready when the fix finally comes through.

Cheers
 
I'm not able to add any of the Additional Information - not seeing any section for it when I try to edit my profile. I'm sorry all of you are having similar issues but glad I'm not the only one.

Has there been any movement or response in helping us get our issues resolved?
 
Ahhhhhhhhh

Having the same issue ...... Instead of going to the edit profile page it takes me to edit password/email page... any word about what's going on or when there will be a fix?
 
I see I'm not the only one having this problem. I thought I was doing something wrong. I guess it pays to look on here for help when you need it.
 
My forum profile, under the User CP, is also un-editable. The password page is as far as I can go. I don't usually log out; all my LIT tabs are on an Opera browser that I shut down when I want to go offline.

lately, i'm constantly shut down and have to log in again and again et al
 
Also cannot edit my profile. This has obviously been a problem for a while, so I am guessing it's never getting fixed... Come on, this can't be that hard to fix right? I mean it's obviously linking incorrectly. Why can't we edit our profile. I have been away for years, and in that time I moved and want to change my location, but apparently I cannot.
 
I noticed a couple months ago I can't log out. Even if I log in under an old sock puppet ID I created to have some fun with "lovecraftsworld" I can stay logged into it as long as I stay on the site.

As soon as I leave then come back its back to this ID. If I log out completely and leave I'm logged right back in.

I do see I can log out on my phone though. But not my lap top. I've been logged in for months apparently.

Great way to skew numbers and traffic I suppose.

And another glitch that will be totally ignored.
 
I noticed a couple months ago I can't log out. Even if I log in under an old sock puppet ID I created to have some fun with "lovecraftsworld" I can stay logged into it as long as I stay on the site.

As soon as I leave then come back its back to this ID. If I log out completely and leave I'm logged right back in.

I think The Eagles did a song like that.
 
I'm also glad that I'm not the only one. Still, it would be nice to actually put profile information in its proper place, rather than in my signature where I currently have it. Also, for the record, I was not born on November 30.
 
It's been going on since Aug/Sept when there was a big change. They are updating Lit, and this minor issue is going to addressed in the next change that is coming. It's a big site. There's no sense fixing something that will be addressed later on any way.

You can update you member profile and put a link in your signature block, or simply put the information in the signature block.

So according to this, it hasn't been working for almost 7 months now. Yeah, they're going to fix it.. NOT! :rolleyes:
 
Made face icon? lol Looks like you're the one who needs to get over themselves.

Prior to you the thread was last active in January, so yes, you did bump it. :rolleyes:
 
*mad

Damn phone autocorrect. Why can't we edit our own posts in this board like the others?
 
*mad

Damn phone autocorrect. Why can't we edit our own posts in this board like the others?

What happened to your mod super powers? Maybe you should think about some things as you're going around preaching the rules. Once I realized this site's so screwy, I indeed looked into it. Your boss(es) are oddly reluctant to return my inquiries on this site or outside of it. Coincidence? I think not.I seen your reply to me in another thread I started 3 days ago. Hope you have a good time wondering wtf is going on here.
 
Back
Top