Choose your Own Adventure OOC

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone else thinks it might be an idea to put a sort of reply-deadline on the RP thread. Just thinking it may be a good idea just in case one of us is snowed under irl and can't post, so we don't have to worry about holding the thread up?
 
Not a bad idea, but not to crazy about having to get put under the gun like that..how about a proxy poster, someone you choose post for you in the times you can't?
 
Hey guys, just wondering if anyone else thinks it might be an idea to put a sort of reply-deadline on the RP thread. Just thinking it may be a good idea just in case one of us is snowed under irl and can't post, so we don't have to worry about holding the thread up?

Not a bad idea, but not to crazy about having to get put under the gun like that..how about a proxy poster, someone you choose post for you in the times you can't?

I find this scary as well, as I'm leading it and I don't want to keep people waiting etc. How about once there are 5 posts I post no matter what, and if you happen to get yours in before mine then woop-de-doo?

Haha, it's okay, just send me a PM if you ever need anybody else!

Why don't you jump in anyway, put your character here. As long as no one else minds of course. I'm already snowed under and replying slowly, one more person can't hurt.
 
It's okay, unless you need someone to be an NPC for a while. My work schedule is pretty busy lately, so I probably wouldn't be very active.
 
Hey Thomas- I think that is completely fair- 5/6 ain't bad at all. :)

Acerbus- proxy posting is a good idea if you are able to keep in touch with others but on here. If this happens to me then DungeonsOfDread will post for me and vice versa. If we are both indisposed then it is cool if you carry on without us (but I will post on the ooc thread at least if this is the case for me).
 
Ok. I'm gonna try and write a reply up now (again, apologies for being super slow. University, life, not being able to be an omniscient narrator god, are making replying difficult). I will reply when enough people have posted, and just run with it, and you have to fill in the gaps. This keeps the flow going.

So yeah, more, merrier, awayyyy
 
It's OK Thomas, I think I can speak for everyone when I say that life has a nasty way of interfering with personal schedules.
 
How are people generally enjoying it? Am I giving everyone enough? Am I missing anyone/taking too long/not really reading :p
 
Hey everyone.

Due to a) slow replies and b) me fighting with life to reply to your replies, I fear the RP is slowing down. I have some suggestions to get around this problem.

1) I reply more often, when I can, regardless of who has posted, to keep the ball rolling
2) We continue as we are, but we also have one on one PM/something rps for each character so everyone has something to look forward to?
3) Something else?

Ok, I'm done. I'm gonna reply now :p


:::edit:::

I also realise I waited ages to post very little this time. To be honest I don't read the posts until I get to replying, so have no idea how many I'll clump together for the same response. I do think having one-on-ones would be a good option. Helps me build world, have a few more things going on.
 
Last edited:
In my head they would be back story or other stories in the same world but unrelated to the main channel. You could bring over information you learn from them if they come before the main story. Like... expansion packs???
 
I think one-on-ones are a cool idea and a great way to keep things going when waiting for slow posts. I know I've been one of the slow posters, so I apologize for the inconvenience I've caused.

I think that I may have too many threads going on right now. I like this idea a lot and have been eager for it but I'm going to withdraw for now. If you want to use Tel as an NPC, you can, though he can also jsut become background to jump back in if I'm able to later on.

I'm sorry if this creates problems also. Keep the thread going though, it really is a terrific idea!
 
Just PM me and I'll start a campaign with each of you!

I'm glad people are enjoying this!
 
So how is everything going? I'm curious as to how the logistics of something like this would work.
 
ARMPHID! I didn't read your post correctly last time! It is a shame you're off, but I'm glad you enjoyed it so far! Just return whenever you like!

Dormant. Have a read of the main thread, you basically post your characters actions and then I reply in bulk to the lot of you as NPCs and general world. Like a DM in D&D
 
It's always been a family tradition of mine that when we see Santa come into 34th St on Macy's Parade, We officially start the Christmas season. and we start it off by wishing friends and family a warm Seasons Greetings. to greet the start of the Holiday season. So, with that in mind.

Happy Thanksgiving and SEASONS GREETINGS everyone. hope you have a great one.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top