Thank you for the music (closed)

DeathsKnight

Harmless Teddybear
Joined
May 22, 2008
Posts
8,620
Disclaimer notice: I know that the songs used in this RP is property and copy-righted to the respective artists and their labels. We are only using them to tell a story, the songs and their edited versions remains property of the respective artists and labels.

"I'm nothing special, in fact I'm a bit of a bore
If I tell a joke, you've probably heard it before
But I have a talent, a wonderful thing
Cause everyone listens when I start to sing
I'm so grateful and proud
All I want is to sing it out loud

So I say
Thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing
Thanks for all the joy they're bringing
Who can live without it, I ask in all honesty
What would life be?
Without a song or a dance what are we?
So I say thank you for the music
For giving it to me

Mother says I was a dancer before I could walk
She says I began to sing long before I could talk
But I've often wondered, how did it all start?
Who found out that nothing can capture a heart
Like a melody can?
Well, whoever it was, I'm a fan

So I say
Thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing
Thanks for all the joy they're bringing
Who can live without it, I ask in all honesty
What would life be?
Without a song or a dance what are we?
So I say thank you for the music
For giving it to me

I've been so lucky, I am the guy with golden hair
I wanna sing it out to everybody
What a joy, what a life, what a chance!

So I say
Thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing
Thanks for all the joy they're bringing
Who can live without it, I ask in all honesty
What would life be?
Without a song or a dance what are we?
So I say thank you for the music
For giving it to me"

Charles Streak sat on his normal bench, his fingers caressing the strings of his old accoustic guitar. His voice brouht out the genius of the song, but then again, he had studied for this haven't he?

He stopped playing and he looked at the money he had made, it seemed enough for the rent and some food. It being the end of the month, he really needed the money. He sighed and decided to play some more, why did the people like his playing more than producers, arean't they the same people that bought the albums? He shook his head and a pair of feet made him look up. It was a well-dressed man, definately some corporate type.

"I am curious, can you play Deep Purple's Smoke on the Water?"

He nodded,

"I can play the intro and body, but what makes the song is the electric guitar and of course the drums."

The man grinned,

"Play what you can do then."

He nodded and started to play.
 
Last edited:
Luna had been trying to figure out where the music was coming from, the mans voice and playing woke her up from a slumber she had been in for years. But finally she found him, and heard a man request a song. It was her mothers favorite song of all time, she stuck her hands in her black jeans as she began to sing along, what she didn't realize was it was loud enough for both people to hear.

"We all came out to Montreux
On the Lake Geneva shoreline
To make records with a mobile
We didn't have much time
Frank Zappa and the Mothers
Were at the best place around
But some stupid with a flare gun
Burned the place to the ground
Smoke on the water, a fire in the sky, smoke on the water

They burned down the gamblin' house,
It died with an awful sound
and Funky Claude was running in and out
Pulling kids out the ground
When it all was over
We had to find another place
But Swiss time was running out
It seemed that we would lose the race
Smoke on the water, a fire in the sky, smoke on the water

We ended up at the Grand Hotel
It was empty cold and bare
But with the Rolling truck Stones thing just outside
Making our music there
With a few red lights and a few old beds
We make a place to sweat
No matter what we get out of this
I know, I know we'll never forget
Smoke on the water, a fire in the sky ,smoke on the water...."


She slipped into her pocket, and took out a hundred dollar bill. She loved the arts, and with the money she had she could do just about anything. She put it in with the rest of his money, and smiled at both people that were there. She said nothing and when he finished she began to walk away. Not wanting to disturb the musical genius.
 
Last edited:
Charles Streak

He was shocked by the hundred dollar bill and the man who had requested the song dropped in a fifty and he knew that he could eat a full meal for a week now. He thanked the man, but he handed him a card instead,

"When you got a demo, bring it to me. I'm sure we can talk about something and create an album off of your work."

The man ambled away and by that time the girl was gone, Charles sat back on the bench and continued to play a few songs, he didn't worry if any money came into his guitar case now, he just needed to think a bit and the music helped.
 
She had been late for a doctors appointment, and she went the exact same way back. She saw the man still there, she smiled some listing to him. Crossing her arms she walked up to him, and smiled some.

"Mind if I sit?" She asked, her green eyes piercing into his own set of eyes. Her black hair swaying in the wind, enjoying the breeze as she sighed some. Wondering what he would say.
 
Charles Streak

He looked up at her,

"It being a public park and all..."

He chuckled playfully,

"Please feel free, I would love the company."

He continued the song he was busy with as he studied her, when he stopped he rested one hand on top of the guitar.

"Wait a minute, aren't you the lady who gave me the hundred dollars?"
 
She smiled some, she knew it was the park. But she didn't want to be rude, but then he asked if she was the one who gave him one hundred dollars. He had a very good memory, looking at him she smiled more and nodded.

"Yes I am, your a wonderful musician. You deserve to work for some big record company, you have a lot of talent." She said softly.

"My name is Luna" She said softly.
 
Charles Streak

He shook his head,

"The problem is that I just seem to have rotten luck. Sure I can play a song or two, but so far I have lost more than I have gained. Guys like the one who requested Smoke on the water. They offer you a deal and once you play, they record that, say thank you and pay you a few cents."

He realized that he was rambling and stopped, he smiled at her name,

"The moon hey?"

He chuckled,

"I'm Charles, good to meet you Luna"
 
She smiled some looking at him kindly "Yeah people used to call me Mooney in school, I'm used to it." She shook his hand.

"Nice to meet you Charles" She said kindly.

"Forgive me for asking, I know it's not my business but. Do you need a place to stay?" She didn't want to seem rude she wasn't assuming anything, she would give him the guest room if he needed a place.
 
Charles Streak

He returned the smile,

"Yes I actually have a place to stay. I'm collecting rent and making something to buy food here on the bench. Not much of a live, but for now it will save me from sleeping on this very bench."
 
She smiled some and nodded handing him a card with her number and place where she lived. "If you ever need any help. besides id like to keep in contact with you" She said happily.
 
He smiled,

"Well thank you, I'd keep this close, but then again..."

He smiled,

"You will find me here unless it rains, can't let this old girl get wet and warp. It would be a serious loss for me."

He patted the guitar,

"So Luna what is your story if I may ask, not every day I hear a singing voice like that."
 
Luna smiled at him as she nodded.

"Yeah I know but still anything can happen"

She said happily, but then he asked what her story was.

"My story?" She thought for a moment.

"Don't really have one, I write music for fun. Course Ive always had the skill, where if I heard a melody I could think of words on the spot for it"

Luna said with a smile.
 
Charles Streak

"Oh really?"

He grinned and started to play a tune, one that he had made up himself. He wanted so much to play it on an electric guitar, but this would work for now. It was a slow haunting melody, one that would suit a love lost song, a song that would definately work as the theme song for the deaths of Romeo and Juliet. Even without words it spoke about the loss of a loved one, the loss of what is the most important in your life.
 
She smiled some as she nodded, but then he began to play a song.

The melody was almost haunting her as she began to sing with it.

"A time for us, some day there'll be
When chains are torn by courage born of a love that's free
A time when dreams so long denied can flourish
As we unveil the love we now must hide

A time for us, at last to see
A life worthwhile for you and me

And with our love, through tears and thorns
We will endure as we pass surely through every storm
A time for us, some day there'll be a new world
A world of shining hope for you and me

A time for us, at last to see
A life worthwhile for you and me

And with our love, through tears and thorns
We will endure as we pass surely through every storm
A time for us, some day there'll be a new world
A world of shining hope for you and me...."

Song - A Time For Us
 
He smiled as he listened to her singing, it was like she knew the song even before he started playing it. Her words even fitted the melody, when she stopped, he finished off and leaned back against the bench. Unknowingly they have gathered a crowd and coins were tossed into the suitcase, some drifted away while others stayed to see if there would be more.

"Should we oblige them?"
 
She smiled some as she enjoyed the day with her newly found friend. But she didn't pay attention to what anyone was doing, until she stopped singing and money was given to him. When he asked if they should continue, she looked seeing the several people around. Then looked at him and nodded.

"Sure why not"
 
Charles Streak

"Alright, since we have a sunny day...let's try June afternoon."

He started to play the intro and gave her a smile, he sang the male parts leaving the female vocals open for her and was actually quite happy that she knew the song as well.

"Didn't I tell you everything is possible in this deja vu?
Try the river boat, the carousel, feed the pigeons, Bar-B-Q.
Look at all the people, happy faces all around.
Smiling, throwing kisses, busy making lazy sounds

It's a bright June afternoon, it never gets dark.
Wah-wah! Here comes the sun.
Get your green, green tambourine, let's play in the park.
Wah-wah! Here comes the sun

Some folks are on blankets, slowly daydreaming
and reaching for their food.
Let's go buy an ice-cream and a magazine with an attitude
and put on a cassette, we can pretend that you're a star
cos life's so very simple just like la-la-la

It's a bright June afternoon...

There's a painter painting his masterpiece.
There are some squirrels jumping in the trees,
There's a wide-eyed boy with a red balloon.
All my life I've longed for this afternoon."
 
Last edited:
She smiled some and nodded, it had been a while since she heard that song.

So following him, she tapped her foot in the beat as she began to sing. But as she sang she looked over at him and smiled at him happily.

She noticed people getting into the song and giving more money to him, which was a very nice thing to see.
 
Charles Streak

Finishing that song, he slipped into another one, a lively tune. He was now getting into his zone, there where it is just the music that matters and that is what he did now, he made music.
 
She enjoyed the time together it was really fun, she sang and moved with the music. When she didn't recognize things she just made up lyrics to it. She noticed the amount of money he had and she pointed to it.
 
Charles Streak

He noticed where she pointed and he nodded, a smile crept over his lips as the tunes kept pouring from his fingers. When he finally stopped there was a mild applause and the people started to hurry or drift away. He leaned back against the bench and looked at the case.

"Well Luna, seems like you are either a muse, a good luck charm or even both."
 
Luna laughed some.

"Your sweet to say that, but I'm just a normal person." She said

"And your newly found friend" She said kindly. Placing her hand on his shoulder.

He really was a nice guy and it felt right to hang out with him.
 
Charles Streak

He smiled at her and place the guitar into the case, closing it, he looked at the setting sun and realized just how late it was.

"Oh gosh look at the time, are you here with a car or may I walk you home?"
 
She smiled some "My car is in the shop, so I'm walking home" She said happily looking at him kindly.

"You can walk me home if you like"
 
He picked up the case and bowed galantly,

"Then shall we head for your abode?"

He chuckled and smiled at her.
 
Back
Top