How to

Beck31

Literotica Guru
Joined
Jul 4, 2012
Posts
4,445
let a thread die a natural death. wondering if i don't post will it die peacefully?
 
let a thread die a natural death. wondering if i don't post will it die peacefully?

Most threads will eventually die off. Stop posting to it, and 90% of the cases, it'll disappear to the land of dead threads.

However, sometimes, a thread will take a life of its own - in that case, just ignore it. Simple, eh?

:)
 
Well, one way to have a thread disappear is to not start one in the first place....

;)
 
Thank you Fire Breeze. That does make sense. I used to delete but leaving the thread alone is a much more mature and adult way to deal with a thread I am no longer interested in. Have a good day.
 
Are you aware that making a fuss about threads you either regret or you're no longer interested in actually stirs up curiosity about them, and may even greatly prolong their lifespan?

This is the second thread you've started in this forum on this topic very recently. If people didn't go hunting through your history with the last one, they likely will now, after you've drawn attention to the fact that you post without thinking yet again. Anyone you've irritated with your prolific thread-starting on other boards and trolls will almost certainly take advantage of this opportunity to keep threads you regret starting alive and well!
 
This is now attention seeking... simple. 192 threads since July kind of confirms this.
 
Thread Tourettes Syndrome

Thank you Fire Breeze. That does make sense. I used to delete but leaving the thread alone is a much more mature and adult way to deal with a thread I am no longer interested in. Have a good day.

You don't have to wonder about eradicating something from the interwebs if it never existed before.

The more mature thing would be to not start the thread in first place in some cases. For instance, this is not the first time you have started a thread about this topic. The last one I read (and posted in) had to do with Moving threads. You started that thread just over a week ago. There was some great posts in there, full of useful information and advice, which you thanked everyone for, and even expressed appreciation for receiving.
This was one week after starting a thread about Deleting Threads.
I'll grant you that thread did have a bit of a derailment, but if you used the search feature on the boards and searched out the topic, you would have found several posts about this very topic. There are also some threads addressing FAQs that I think, at least in your case, should be mandatory reading.

Seriously.

We all poke a little fun and you seem to have a pretty good sense of humor about things, but I sense either an intervention, or an assault by trolls and alts on the horizon for you. You have to deal with your terrible case of Thread Tourette Syndrome Mr. Becks.

I suggest you try a little something. When you have an idea, or you are inspired about a potential new thread, write this idea down in a place other than a Lit forum.
Leave it there for a few hours, maybe even a day. Use this time constructively - search the boards for threads or posts about the same topic, or topics relating to it. I'd start with your own threads first. Chances are you may have already started a similar thread.
After this time has elapsed (and provided your search for similar threads / posts came up empty) look at what you wrote down and see if floats your boat the same as it did the day previous. If not, bin the idea.

This advice is given freely and without prejudice. It probably will not cure you of your Thread Tourettes, but may assist with some of the side effects you are suffering, such as cursive diarrhea and the unnecessary overuse of the :mad: symbol and "........".

In closing, there is no such thing as a fetish for starting pointless threads. Please do not start a thread tomorrow asking this.

2012-07-09-ad151f3.png
 
yeah, but your Av is your ass...that's kind of attention seeking, don't ya think? ;)

It could be ... yet for at least six of these eight years my av has been the picture of a dolphin
 
I almost didn't see this thread because I have the OP on iggy, but I :heart: the responses.
 
This is now attention seeking... simple. 192 threads since July kind of confirms this.

Funny, I was thinking along similar lines. I don't post often, but do visit rather frequently and, I get really fecking tired of seeing this twit's threads. Get a job, a life, a hobby, or a blowjob, and STFU.

Beck's stats:
Join Date: 07-04-2012
PostsTotal Posts: 2,096 (16.76 posts per day)
 
Well, spank my ass and pinch my nipples- Beck hasn't started a new thread yet today !!!
 
Well, spank my ass and pinch my nipples- Beck hasn't started a new thread yet today !!!

So funny ... I actually posted this in another thread earlier today (a blurt thread or what is crossing your mind thread) .... "Wow, he has gone a day without starting a thread!"
 
My favourite thread of the OP is the one where he wanted to know if there was a difference between "cuddling and snuggling". Who gives a rat's anus?
 
My favourite thread of the OP is the one where he wanted to know if there was a difference between "cuddling and snuggling". Who gives a rat's anus?

Well that's easy, snuggling is foreplay, cuddling is afterplay.
 
New thread title:

Should you cuddle, snuggle or romance a rat's anus?
 
Back
Top