Qustion

SweetMaj

Teasing Girl
Joined
Mar 21, 2011
Posts
16,741
What is the most reliable browser?

I have used Google Chrome for quite a while but my computer crashed
every now and then.

Some time ago I tried Firefox, but unfortunately that didn't work either.

Half an hour ago i downloaded Lunascape6, and so far it seems to be
working just fine.


Do you have any recommendations, and what do you use?
 
What is the most reliable browser?

I have used Google Chrome for quite a while but my computer crashed
every now and then.

Some time ago I tried Firefox, but unfortunately that didn't work either.

Half an hour ago i downloaded Lunascape6, and so far it seems to be
working just fine.


Do you have any recommendations, and what do you use?

A few years back, I had a Kiwi assustant. She was very good - but she too asked qustions. She also liked fush and chups from time to time. :)

But, to return to the topic: are you sure that it's your browser that's causing the problem? From what I understand, it may well be your modem. Just a thought, Maj.
 
I use Firefox.
This latest update, combined with a clerar-up of the Hard Drive, seems to have fixed any irritation I had.

Have you cleaned up the Hard drive and the registry ?
[cue advert for CCleaner]

:rose::rose:
 
First of all: What is "Qustion" :confused:/:eek:

I have an appointment at my dentist in an hour and I'll see you later. ;)
 
Chrome, Firefox and Safari.

It's always a good idea to have more than one, just in case a page wont render correctly in the other. The availability of certain plug-ins also varies depending on what browser you're using.

So I'd say get 'em all. They're free :)
 
Depends on the machine. I used Mozilla Firefox on my main production maxi-laptop but found it to be 1) a resource hog and 2) a malware target. So on that machine, I now use Mozilla Seamonkey. Nobody bothers to hack Seamonkey, and it can use most Firefox plugins.

On an old shared mini-laptop, my partner uses Chrome (which I also find hogs resources) and I use IE because 1) it's faster and less hoggish and 2) its cookies and history are distinct from Chrome, so we can access the same sites without cookies stepping on each other.

I've used a zillion other browsers over the decades. Wow, they're all better than Gopher, but none are perfect. Try them all and see what works best on any specific machine and OS implementation.
 
I have been using Chrome on both my computers for over 4 years. I have never had a problem of my computer crashing because of a browser, unless there was something wrong with my computer in general. Virus, Trojan, etc. Browsers don't make computers crash. The porn sites you visit might as they try and download those nasty trojans so they can steal you personal data.

I do have all the others installed, but find them as useless as tits on a bull.

For pure speed I use Pale Moon which is a 64bit version of Fire Fox with lots of improvements. Better than Water Fox. Of course you have to have a 64bit operating system to use it. I still don't understand why Mozilla based browsers can't deal with the popups like Chrome can.
 
Thanks for your advice, everyone. :)

I'm still using Lunascape6 and it's not causing me any trouble at all. :cool:
 
But don't forget to clean your hard drive files and de-fragment it.

Defragging a harddrive can take hours. Best just to defrag those files you use often. Files that are just used infrequently can stay fragmented.

Defraggler from Piriform will allow you to defrag individual files.

And actually, now that I think of it, the reason you browser locks up or crashes your system is that you pagespace isn't big enough. When actual memory is full, it swaps out parts that aren't be used to the disk. If that space fills up it could crash your system or the application that is calling for space there.
 
Last edited:
Opera is killer and easy.

http://www.opera.com/

Just FYI: I find I get better browser responses when I don't load images and video automatically.

Yeah, Opera is okay, but if your worried about speed and images, use Pale Moon ( You have to have a 64bit operating system ) it loads a whole page in on gulp. Of course the only place that comes in handy is looking at Porn.
 
Mozilla Firefox downloaded. :cool:

Good choice.

Since browsers are the topic:

I miss the old Mozilla.
It was browser only, no fancy add-ons, like 25 mb fully installed.
Bare bones and functional with available plugins when neccessary.
The package/bundle browsers have become all the rage vs. small space and a flash plugin. The java console was built into the browser...

*sigh*

Just saying..
It was a lot like the old Netscape in the html no streaming video adds days...

I wonder what the Internet is like these days if you have no bandwidth and a 32 bit system...

Short of not loading images and such, what option are there?
I know Gmail still offers an html version, but is there any way to force html or limit cgi functions within browsers to speed up the Internet process?

I mean, even Lit threads would slow down those users, and the add at the top of the story side? Forgetaboutit...
 
Actually the smallest (footprint) browser was the original - Mosaic, which is where all of todays browsers spring from. Ah, the good ol' days. :rolleyes:

Of course who could ever forget the browser named the WorldWideWeb which was later rename Nexus. But I digress.
 
Back
Top