Feeling Chatty

I wouldn't be surprise if a good number of the visitors and posters on this forum are geeky in some way. There is something super-easy about being yourself with anonymity which is attractive to those of us who liked Star Trek when everyone else liked Football... Yeah ...I'm somewhat of a geek myself.

Star Trek, Star Wars, Battlestar Galactica, Cerebral / Political Films and TV - I could go on.

A geeky chick from Texas - now that does sound pretty damn good.

Older male

Was somewhat geeky in school, late bloomer I would love to get to know you

PM me pls:)

Everyone is oh so flattering. Makes a girls's heart feel very good.

So, since I'm a movie nut, I'm curious, What are some of movies that have really wowed you over the years?

For my the first one that I really remember being wowed at was Jurassic Park. I wasn't allowed to see it when it first came out. My Dad thought I would never get any sleep. I was such a scaredy cat kid. And sure enough as soon as I saw it I was petrified. But I was so blown away by the T-Rex, I became obsessed with watching the scene where the T-Rex escapes. For as much as it scared me, I loved it.

The second time I remember this happening was with Fellowship of the Ring. I was sourced to read the books in high school and thus wasn't really a fan of them. I found them to be silly books and at the tine only half heartedly read them. So when the movies came out, confession: I was not interested. My brother and Dad dragged me to fellowship on Christmas, and I was bring a surly bitch about the whole thing. I spent the whole movie on the edge of my seat completely enthralled with movie. I loved it so much... For the next two months it was the only movie I watched in theaters. My Dad brother needless to say laughed their asses off at me.

The third, was The Dark Knight. There wasn't a piece of that movie that I didn't love. I was skeptical about Heath Ledger, but it took him five minutes in that opening scene to change my mind.

The last time, was definitely with Smaug in the Hobbit. A.) Because I shamelessly admit it all comes back to Lord of Rings. But B.) Because it's been so long since there was a good dragon in a movie. And Smaug, was fucking awesome. Though I tell you now, if given the choice watch the IMAX. He's impressive period, but in that huge screen in 3D is amazing!

So, since I'm a movie nut, I'm curious, What are some of movies that have really wowed you over the years?

For my the first one that I really remember being wowed at was Jurassic Park. I wasn't allowed to see it when it first came out. My Dad thought I would never get any sleep. I was such a scaredy cat kid. And sure enough as soon as I saw it I was petrified. But I was so blown away by the T-Rex, I became obsessed with watching the scene where the T-Rex escapes. For as much as it scared me, I loved it.

The second time I remember this happening was with Fellowship of the Ring. I was sourced to read the books in high school and thus wasn't really a fan of them. I found them to be silly books and at the tine only half heartedly read them. So when the movies came out, confession: I was not interested. My brother and Dad dragged me to fellowship on Christmas, and I was bring a surly bitch about the whole thing. I spent the whole movie on the edge of my seat completely enthralled with movie. I loved it so much... For the next two months it was the only movie I watched in theaters. My Dad brother needless to say laughed their asses off at me.

The third, was The Dark Knight. There wasn't a piece of that movie that I didn't love. I was skeptical about Heath Ledger, but it took him five minutes in that opening scene to change my mind.

The last time, was definitely with Smaug in the Hobbit. A.) Because I shamelessly admit it all comes back to Lord of Rings. But B.) Because it's been so long since there was a good dragon in a movie. And Smaug, was fucking awesome. Though I tell you now, if given the choice watch the IMAX. He's impressive period, but in that huge screen in 3D is amazing!

I've always been a fan of IMAX movies, especially the grand shots they shoot for IMAX. I haven't seen "Smaug" as of yet, but am looking forward to it, maybe trying the HFR 3D (the latest technology). I'm a tech geek... :p

But I also blown away by LOTR. I remember going to midnight shows for a couple of those. I also did that for the Iron Man series (although 3 was a slight bit disappointing).

Cloverfield was intense. The shoulder filmed movie shook me to my core.on the big screen.

And any of the Star Wars flicks.

See I don't count the early Star Wars, I grew up on those. I was consciously aware that Vader was Luke's father before I was conscious of what my own name was. lol

Avatar, I adore. Though I was to distracted thinking it was the adult version of Ferngully to really be wowed by it.

I can't watch the handicam movies. I get easily motion sick as is. Movies like that make me instantly sick.

Cabin in the Woods was so much fun. Fantastic take on the Horror movie genre. I've watched it a dozen times already.

Just finished watching Red 2. It was almost as good as the original. Excellent cast. Malkavich has the best one liners!

I don't usually splurge on 3-D/IMAX but decided to for Gravity. Other than during the opening scene of Saving Private Ryan, I can't remember a movie where I didn't hear anybody speak during the entire presentation. It was amazing…

I also won passes for an advance showing of Lone Survivor last week. I knew the story already but it was an excellent movie…let's just say it was hard to keep the tears in check at the end, as was the case with much of the crowd.

Oh Saving Private Ryan. Such a good movie. Tom Hanks is a national treasure. You can't even hold his bad movies against him he's so awesome.

Oh Saving Private Ryan. Such a good movie. Tom Hanks is a national treasure. You can't even hold his bad movies against him he's so awesome.

I would put Apollo 13 over that. His performance was outstanding, and needed to be--it wasn't like we didn't know the outcome already. Castaway was a truly brilliant performance as well.

And yes, I'll put the Hunger Games movies in there. True to the books, which is huge for me, and the cinematography is excellent.

I would put Apollo 13 over that. His performance was outstanding, and needed to be--it wasn't like we didn't know the outcome already. Castaway was a truly brilliant performance as well.

And yes, I'll put the Hunger Games movies in there. True to the books, which is huge for me, and the cinematography is excellent.

This is very true, they do stick close to the books, but that can happen when the author also writes the screen play.

How us everyone's Saturday?

I have two more gifts to buy for Christmas, I got be honest I sell like I need a full suit of armor to even attempt to go out there right now.

This is very true, they do stick close to the books, but that can happen when the author also writes the screen play.

How us everyone's Saturday?

I have two more gifts to buy for Christmas, I got be honest I sell like I need a full suit of armor to even attempt to go out there right now.

My saturday's good. Will be making the long drive to see family this weekend, but otherwise not too much.

Good luck with the shopping. I think I'm going in the store for a return. :)

new to your thread

I'm doing good. How about you? I just got signed up here and on yahoo. I've been reading your thread so far and I am in love with what I am reading. Except for the doctor who stuff. Can't believe you don't like that show. Its amazing. Anyway, I digress. Pm or yim me if you want to chat

new to all this what is a pm?

Like to chat I am in Australia

A PM is a private message. ;) Welcome Australia! lol

Funny story about PMs: I like to be polite and thank people for messaging me, admittedly breaking the ice is sometines awkward so a nice "thanks for the message" works excellent for me. Though I used to say "thanks for the email" (I still slip every now and then and say it.) But I kept getting corrected with stuff like. "I didn't email you, but I will if you give me your address." "Or silly, girl, I didn't email you" Because being condescending is sexy is all get out! lol

Fun times.

But it does make me wonder, at what point do you lose all your manners and social graces when communicating online? And I don't just mean on here where most of us are currently letting sexual urges rule our brain. I mean in general.

Have you ever said something online that you would have never said to someone I'm person? Good or bad? And why would you feel you couldn't say it in person? Is it the usual self preservation?

I know I have. I've been uncharacteristically rude before, as well openly affectionate to strangers that I would probably never be in person under the same circumstances (though I'm Irish... And an Aries so nothing is truly off the table)

Anyway... That's my Monday afternoon pondering. :)

Hope everyone is having a great day.

Back