Would you live in a house someone was murdered in?

Would you live in a house that someone was murdered in?

  • Yes, doesn't bother me.

    Votes: 12 70.6%
  • No, it's creepy and eerie.

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Don't care.

    Votes: 2 11.8%

  • Total voters
    17

Mike_Yates

Literotica's Anti-Hero
Joined
Jan 5, 2006
Posts
15,449
Would you live in a house or apartment where at least one murder had taken place?
 
If you live in an older house you may have no idea what has happened to the previous owners/tenants.

Any house more than 100 years old is likely to have seen deaths (and births).

However, finding the corpse in the back garden is a nuisance. You have to move out of your home for weeks while the Police treat it as a crime scene.
 
Did they catch the killer? Would I get a big break on the rent or purchase?

If yes to those, then yes.
 
Sure. Price would be pretty low and I might get a deal.

If I were to be haunted, even better.

That would be cool.
 
There was a tragic murder/suicide in the house up the block and it turned over relatively quickly. I'm sure the new owners were aware of what happened. I don't know if I could live there considering the evil that occurred there. He shot her in the bedroom and killed himself in the living room(paradoxically).
 
I would not have the slightest problem with this. Plus, the house might be a bargain due to the superstitious types making it less than desirable.
 
I (sort of) already do. http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=932093 It caused me a little anxiety at first. I thought about her, (and her mother, who ran down when she heard the screaming and held her until she died), every time I entered the building. I don't think of it often anymore, but I do wonder about how her murderer was sentenced.
 
I (sort of) already do. http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=932093 It caused me a little anxiety at first. I thought about her, (and her mother, who ran down when she heard the screaming and held her until she died), every time I entered the building. I don't think of it often anymore, but I do wonder about how her murderer was sentenced.

Is that the thread where Candi went off like a half baked twat at me over ghosts and suicide?
 
I wouldn't, if the bodies were buried in the crawl space.. Maybe, if they weren't smelly and the price was right.
 
I've been told someone was murdered outside the place I've been living since three years ago. It's OK for me.
 
Residences where murders took place are usually significantly devalued.
 
I'm really shocked most wouldn't mind. I would not consider it. So y'all would have no problem moving into the Manson house, weird. Not me. About the body in the garden, I've read several times if farmers find this, they plow it right under, not worth the disruption. I'd pretend that wasn't there, I'd not report any bones either. Get some topsoil, plant a shrub, hope that's the end of it. Or gather them up and put them out with the garbage. Likely best to leave them and hope the gas company doesn't need to dig.
 
I'm really shocked most wouldn't mind. I would not consider it. So y'all would have no problem moving into the Manson house, weird. ...

I'd turn the Manson house into a fee-paying museum.

From the UK, our history is so long that old human bones are discovered frequently - even a King under a car park.

Our ancestors are buried all over the place. It only becomes a problem if the corpse is recent.
 
Before I was born, one of the employees on my fathers farm hanged himself in one of the barns. He was very simple minded but could do a few very basic jobs with his elder brother's constant supervision

Five years later his elder brother hanged himself in exactly the same place. A police investigation concluded that this too was a suicide.

Another couple of years down the track and one of the deceased brothers co-workers got into an argument with the local policeman which ended up with the policeman being called an idiot, 'just like they coppers who said Jimmy hung himself.'

'Why are they idiots'? asked the policeman.

'Because anyone but a bloody idiot could see both ropes was knotted by a left hander - and John (the elder brother) was left handed wheras his brother wasn't.'

The policeman scoffed but the local opinion was that Jimmy was incapable of tying any knot at all. The knot which hanged both men was a double looped slip knot used by carters and truck drivers to tie and tighten down loads. John was the regular driver of the farm truck.
 
It was awful. One of his most self-absorbed screeds on record. Whatever happened to that neon twerp?

Not half! And god knows.

I wouldn't mind living in a house where folk had died, this one is quite old and some have. My friend moved into a 16th century house a year or two back, it has a very haunted history and actually a monk buried in the front garden. I shit myself a bit the first night I stayed over but nothing happened and there was no bad vibe at all. And she's never been happier. To be honest it's the size of the spiders there that bother me most.

That said a work colleague of mine got a house on the cheap in the same village as me. An old lady was bludgeoned to death in there a few years ago. I would never live somewhere like that, with a violent history. She doesn't live there anymore and did say there were a few odd occurrences but nothing that drove her out.

For all my love of scary books and films I wouldn't be so brave if it was happening on my own doorstep.
 
Back
Top